PDA

View Full Version : City of Heros

Trinitis
06-26-2005, 01:00 PM
here are some screenshots of the game, since Stay asked me about it.

Trinitis
06-26-2005, 01:01 PM
And a few more.

06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Doesn't this game have a complete lack of PvP?

- Arkans

Trinitis
06-26-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
Doesn't this game have a complete lack of PvP?

- Arkans

Currently? Yes. But they are releasing City of Villans expansion soon, which should mean for some really interesting full scale superhero battles :P

edit to add : I'm going to get Iqxero to take a few screenshots. His will be much better then mine, as my computer sucks ass and I have all the grapics on the lowest setting.

[Edited on 6-26-2005 by Adredrin]

Back
06-26-2005, 01:12 PM
They dont port for Mac. :crie:

crazymage
06-26-2005, 04:16 PM
i beta'ed it if they do an expansion with full blown pvp i'd consider it but as is it gets dull after 20 seconds past making the character

Trinitis
06-26-2005, 05:05 PM
It's not an if, they are almost done making it. They've already set a release date :)

SayGoodbye
06-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Those are some very nice cow motif pants on your character there.

ElanthianSiren
06-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by SayGoodbye
Those are some very nice cow motif pants on your character there.

:lol: hell... soda on the monitor again.

Brinnea's player was trying to get me to play this about six months ago. I'm thinking about it once Villians comes out. I can't see myself playing a superheroine.

-Melissa

Toxicvixen
06-26-2005, 07:49 PM
The main redeaming quality of this game is character creation. MEGA boobs anyone? :D I don't mind it playing it, but I really like WoW and GS more.

Edited to Add I am SO there for City of Villians!

[Edited on 6-26-2005 by Toxicvixen]

Iqxero
06-26-2005, 07:59 PM
PVP was released in the last patch, but it's not like PVP in WoW. I haven't exactly mastered CoH yet, but basically it looks like you go into the Arena and you schedual a match, and it puts you in the arena and anybody can choose to accept your terms on monitors placed through the arena, then they get ported in and duel you. Not exactly epic battles, but CoV is supposed to introduce more free form PvP. However it will be 100% duel "consentual" which means basically no PvP Server style constant threat, it'll most likely be a overdramaticized duel system.

You have to find Super Hero adventures fun. If rushing in and fighting 3-6 mobs your level or a level or two over you and prevailing, with honestly little to no chance of death, is exciting, you'll love it. Townspeople fawn over you for saving them, and your "Rest" animation defaults back to you standing with hands on hips, hair blowing in the wind (If you have hair).

Here's a couple screenshots from my computer, I have all the graphics at (strange enough) the 200% setting. So, apparently my graphics are actually better then they made them, and I'm making up textures.

The purple glow around my feet is the power you get for the Collectors edition, it makes you go fast without expending stamina. The blue fuzz on one of the picutres it the edge of the zone.

Iqxero
06-26-2005, 08:02 PM
One more.

Showal
08-31-2005, 11:50 PM
what are the servers people play on?