PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic means of choosing characters for alterations.

peam
06-26-2005, 01:00 PM
I was reading the events for today, and I noticed the following announcement:

Zinnie Sews 6/26/2005
GS4-PREMIUM: This information is of interest to GemStone IV Premium members.

Time: 9pm eastern

General Info: Zinnie will be doing some sewing this evening. This will be the third in a series of visits. She works with cloth and leathers. She can also work with leather armors and bows. Please try to come prepared and remember NO means NO. Large gems cause her to forget to charge millions of silvers for her stylish works.

She will be choosing 20 random people to work for who have had tons of alteration work before (between 6 and up).

Am I right in understanding that the only people who will be getting merchant work are those who HAVE had numerous previous alters?

I'm sure that I've read the announcement correctly, but I can't comprehend the reasoning behind such a stupid decision.

CrystalTears
06-26-2005, 01:02 PM
She's going to target people who have had a lot of alterations already? That's just dumb.

theotherjohn
06-26-2005, 01:03 PM
that is so fucked up i dont even have a smart ass comment for it

06-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Did someone get a hold of a fat crack rock before writing that?

- Arkans

StrayRogue
06-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Heh, looks like I'll be going then. Pwned for you losers who can't get work :moon2:

HarmNone
06-26-2005, 01:20 PM
That's gotta be either sarcasm, or she left out a "not". :rolleyes:

Stunseed
06-26-2005, 01:23 PM
It's not sarcasm. Zinnie has targetted folks to work for. Next time it'll say for those who've had no work, etc.

Miss X
06-26-2005, 01:26 PM
No, I think the reason she did it is because she did a few taking people with 6 or less alterations and so many people complained about it that she is doing the opposite for a while.

She's damned either way, but I think it's kind of funny. Zilana always puts in 110% when she works though and brings out Zinnie pretty often so I'm sure everyone has a chance to get work from her at some point.

Kitsun
06-26-2005, 03:11 PM
You have to see her whole selection process in the grand scheme rather than this one visit.

She's visited for people with 0 alters, fewer than 6 and now over 6.

Skirmisher
06-26-2005, 03:16 PM
But...doesn't it seem that if someone already has as they put it "tons" of alterations that they don't have any trouble getting them?

I think that sure it is intended in a good manner, but seems poorly thought through.

Kitsun
06-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Well, there could be people that have had six alterations throughout several years. Does that make them good at it?

She wanted to give the merchant hunters a bone for not to roll up a secondary and just attend her low-count visits.

StrayRogue
06-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
But...doesn't it seem that if someone already has as they put it "tons" of alterations that they don't have any trouble getting them?

I think that sure it is intended in a good manner, but seems poorly thought through.

No. It means that the person has probably spent alot of money on merchant events. It isn't my problem that people are either too stupid or too lazy to get alters. 6 is nothing. NOTHING. A person could probably scrounge that many in a month. Considering I get on average of 100+ a year (and I'm not even a merchant whore) whining about a measly six is friggin retarded.

[Edited on 26-6-05 by StrayRogue]

Skirmisher
06-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I didn't feel it was whining, nor did I say those who went out of their way to get alters were whores or bad in any way.

What I said was that they have shown their ability to obtain them, so going out of her way to give them more when they already seem to be able to get them seems unecessary.

Sylph
06-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Ive already had 25-30ish this year.

StrayRogue
06-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I didn't feel it was whining, nor did I say those who went out of their way to get alters were whores or bad in any way.

What I said was that they have shown their ability to obtain them, so going out of her way to give them more when they already seem to be able to get them seems unecessary.

So you think only giving alters to those who have less than six is fair? O...K....

Brattt8525
06-26-2005, 04:07 PM
How is doing them only for those who have tons verses only doing them for those who haven't had many done any less idiotic?

It is how she wants to work, don't like it oh well.

StrayRogue
06-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Because she had been previously ONLY working for those who'd had less than 6.

mgoddess
06-26-2005, 04:18 PM
I remember reading on the official forums when Zinnie first made the announcement she'd be doing this series (work for those who had over 6, then for those who had under 6, then for those who had 0) that she really didn't have any means of enforcing the idea...she was leaning on trust that those who showed up did indeed have the number that went/go with the number she requested (so someone who showed up at her under-6 event who had more then 6 would sit out, if she trusts them enough, etc)...

Of course, I can't say if that's actually the case...I'm sure there's enough idiots in game who would go against that trust just to get another alteration...

Nonetheless, it's a pretty cool idea.

hectomaner
06-26-2005, 04:29 PM
i think its perfectly fair, however, i think the word 'tons' could have been left out. if she was doing work for people with 'tons' of alterations, it would be people with 40+

TheRoseLady
06-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
She's damned either way, but I think it's kind of funny. Zilana always puts in 110% when she works though and brings out Zinnie pretty often so I'm sure everyone has a chance to get work from her at some point.

Yep, but I appreciate her making it fair across the board. Can't say the same about Zyllah and her attitude about the citizen only merchants though.

:shrug:

Ebondale
06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Thats one of the problems with Gemstone as far as I see it. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

StrayRogue
06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Welcome to real life.

06-26-2005, 05:00 PM
RAISE THE FLAG OF REVOLUTION COMRADE!!!!!!

WE WILL OVERTHROW THE DISGUSTING RICH UPPER CLASS!

Then, we'll create a strong party, which I will head.. and I will be incharge of distributing all the wealth.. I'll hold onto this power and authority for as long as it takes too! UP WITH REVOLUTION!

- Arkans

Skirmisher
06-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

So you think only giving alters to those who have less than six is fair? O...K....

The word i used was necessary.

You are the one who plucked the word fair from the ether and used it, not I.

No, of course telling one group they cannot try to obtain an alter on a particular day is not 'fair" I also think that it doesn't hurt them as you have said how easy it is to get alters then this one in however many that only works for alter newbs isn't such a hardship.

It may be unfair, but it's so small an infringement as you yourself took pains to show that I think the potential benefits outweigh the rather small losses to the small group that was inconvenienced.

This is not that big an issue to me either way, but thats how i feel about it.

ElanthianSiren
06-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
She's going to target people who have had a lot of alterations already? That's just dumb.

She may just not have a ton of time to work that day so wants to go with experienced people. I don't see how they're going to know if you designed your items though.

-Melissa

StrayRogue
06-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I personally believe there are more people with more than six alterations in their possession than less. Thats account wise, mind you.

OreoElf
06-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

She did a series where it was for people with little or no, with a few and then people with a lot. It was canceled before and she's doing her alters for people with a lot now. This was announced with the first part of the series for people with no alterations months ago...

Originally posted by Kitsun
Well, there could be people that have had six alterations throughout several years. Does that make them good at it?

She wanted to give the merchant hunters a bone for not to roll up a secondary and just attend her low-count visits.

That and I was told you had to be over level 10 to get any of her alters for this series... Not sure how many would roll up and get a char to ten for that... if they did that's just sick.

[Edited on 6-26-2005 by OreoElf]

4a6c1
06-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
RAISE THE FLAG OF REVOLUTION COMRADE!!!!!!

WE WILL OVERTHROW THE DISGUSTING RICH UPPER CLASS!

Then, we'll create a strong party, which I will head.. and I will be incharge of distributing all the wealth.. I'll hold onto this power and authority for as long as it takes too! UP WITH REVOLUTION!

- Arkans

lol

Ok now why did that make me giggle so hard?? OH. Because I actually know people that think like that. :no:

On topic: Zinnie rox

Doyle Hargraves
06-27-2005, 03:14 PM
This thread is what would happen if White Entertainment Television became a reality. :P