PDA

View Full Version : Is Tom Cruise on Crack?

Atlanteax
06-24-2005, 11:43 AM
For someone who rails against the use of drugs (for medical purposes) and psychiatry...

He sure seems like he needs both! :?:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3tc.htm

(too long of a transcript to copy and paste here)

CrystalTears
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM
He may be in a weirdo in my eyes for going into scientology, but I see nothing wrong with someone being against drugs.

I personally think some drugs are a waste of time and a total placebo, while others work. Drugs are not for him, nor does he condone them for certain ailments. That's his right.

Matt trying to basically make fun of him for his beliefs was more of an insult to me than Tom's beliefs.

Divinity
06-24-2005, 11:55 AM
I respect his opinion, but Matt seemed a bit overzealous.

Let people think what they want, just as long as they don't push their crap on me.

DeV
06-24-2005, 12:05 PM
I think Tom needs to take a visit to a prison psych ward once they've been taken off their meds and see if he holds the same stance for adults prescribed psychotropics as opposed to children given medication for hyperactivity or depression

Though, I can see where he's coming from regarding his stance on ritalin and anti-depressants for kids. It really does need to be evaluated further and parents should have other options to choose from when their kids are afflicted with ADD or ADHD. Popping pills isn't the only solution but for some people it's the only method that works.

Skirmisher
06-24-2005, 12:07 PM
I'll mock Cruise and the sad little brainwashed thing he has become.

No problem.

He deigns to call psychiatry a psuedo science while advocating scientology as the real deal.

He's nuts and I thought Matt was the first person with the balls in a long time to tell the mighty, yet not overloaded with brain cells, Tom Cruise that his beliefs are not fact simply because he wants it to be so.

DeV
06-24-2005, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I think Matt handled himself quite well. He was composed and not intimidated in the least considering who he was interviewing.

CrystalTears
06-24-2005, 12:17 PM
I don't know, I didn't appreciate Matt's behavior with Tom Cruise. Sure he can debunk scientology til Tom gets it through his skull that it's not really a science. However his whole principle that he's against Ritolin is not such a bad thing and Matt was giving him a hard time about it. At least that's how I saw it. :shrug:

Skirmisher
06-24-2005, 12:22 PM
You want to have a debate on the risks and benefits of ritalin, I'm all for it.

Just get a decent spoksperson.

Would you be so kind if he tried to speak about some other topic is is clearly ignorant about yet holds himself forth as an expert simply because he is used to people kow towing to him cause he makes movies??

He's an idiot and should talk about his movies or shut up.

Brattt8525
06-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Who cares what he says, I just like to look at him!

DeV
06-24-2005, 12:30 PM
Matt's behavior? Come on CT, he's was doing his job by asking questions that not many others would have the guts to ask in the first place.

I don't feel like Matt should have held back at all in questioning his views.

Especially since he publicly criticized Brooke Shields for her use of anti-depressants and therapy.

06-24-2005, 12:40 PM
I disagree with Tom's views, but he has every right to believe what he believes. Matt is once again acting like a psychopath.

- Arkans

Skirmisher
06-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
Who cares what he says, I just like to look at him!

Exactly.

Which is why he should do his job and act in and talk about his movies and shut up the rest of the time and look pretty.

He doesn't have the brain power to debate Matt.

Now a real debate about drug overprescription sounds great, just for a different thread perhaps.

Tom, you are a handsome man and a good actor.

But you are stupid.:(

06-24-2005, 12:43 PM
He has the same right to voice opinion as the next guy, no matter his profession or wealth.

- Arkans

Bobmuhthol
06-24-2005, 12:48 PM
I agree with Cruise wholeheartedly.

CrystalTears
06-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I will say that Tom brought this upon himself. He brought up scientology and Brooke Sheilds for her depression, which I don't know how it came up in an interview for War of the Worlds.

The only problem I had with the interview, and I guess that's where this debate is, was when he was talking about Ritalin and that it's just given out and people sometimes don't need it. I guess I just feel strongly about the government lately having all these drugs and advocating to find your ailment and take this drug with all their commercials. I took offense to it, so for JUST THAT I was upset with the interview.

Now that I read it over a few more times, Tom deserved to get some backlash since there was NO need to bring up scientology. He's preaching for a science that doesn't exist and bringing down real medicine practices. He's a good actor, he just needs to learn when to leave some things alone. So I apologize if I didn't explain myself better to begin with.

DeV
06-24-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
He has the same right to voice opinion as the next guy, no matter his profession or wealth.

- Arkans Sure he does. Everyone has that right. Though not everyone will agree and his method of teaching people of the dangers via criticizing his good friend publicly is not the way to accomplish that goal.

Skeeter
06-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I agree with Cruise wholeheartedly.

OMG the whole time I was reading the Tom Cruise part of the manuscript, all I could think was...based on his posting style, this is exactly how I assume Bob would present his arguments. freaky

06-24-2005, 01:35 PM
It is a way, just not a very nice way of doing it. I kind of do agree with Cruise, with the exemption of believing that chemical balances don't exist. Aderol and Ritalin really arn't that great to be giving to kids so easily. Too much abuse and street selling.

- Arkans

Satira
06-24-2005, 01:37 PM
When Tom Cruise makes a complete, logical statement that isn't the mindless dogma the Scientologists brainwash you with, maybe I'll actually give what he says a second thought.

For all the bitching he did about how he loves to learn and maybe Matt should do more research, perhaps he should go read the full history of Scientology.

He's welcome to believe whatever he wants, but all the preaching just makes me dislike him.

StrayRogue
06-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Yep, its the same reason why I've gone off Mel Gibson.

"LETS MAKE A HISTORICALLY SUPER ACCURATE FILM ABOUT THE CRUCIFICTION BUT HIRE WHITE GUYS TO ACT IN IT!!!"

Skirmisher
06-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Arkans

- Arkans

He's entitled to have any opinion no matter how stupid, yes.

And Matt and any other reporter who has any self respect is not only entitled, but to some extent supposed to question him about his stupid views.

Sinead Oconner was entitled to tell everyone how the Pope was the real enemy and rip up his photo on national tv too.

Good luck with that kind of stupidity if you want to make it your MO and don't whine when people call you on it.

Brattt8525
06-24-2005, 02:12 PM
He just needs to learn to project his feelings in a better way, but then again why should he? If it is what he believes in that is his right and the name callers are as bad as they think he is IMHO.

CrystalTears
06-24-2005, 02:15 PM
There's a difference between having beliefs, and regurgitating that belief every moment you're in the public eye, and try to bring down every other religious/scientific belief while you're there.

Sylph
06-24-2005, 02:59 PM
I fully agree with what Tom said there... Im totally 100% anti-drugs in all forms.

Aaysia
06-24-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree with Tom Cruise on the drug issues..

But like CT and someone else said wtf does that have to do with promoting War of Worlds?

Also it seemed to me like he was trying to force his opinion on the other guy (Matt). He wanted to talk but barely let Matt get a word in edgewise. And if Matt somehow did Tom was trying to put words in his mouth, or twist the meaning behind it.

Brattt8525
06-24-2005, 03:29 PM
LAUER: TOM CRUISE CREATED A FIRESTORM WHEN HE CRITICIZED BROOKE SHIELDS FOR REVEALING THAT SHE WENT INTO THERAPY AND TOOK ANTIDEPRESSANTS TO DEAL WITH HER POST PARTUM DEPRESSION. AS A SCIENTOLGIST, HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN PSYCHIATRIC MEDICINE. I ASKED HIM ABOUT HIS COMMENTS

At least in this interview the guy brought it up, not Tom from what I just read.

vigilante
06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
I, too, agree 100% with Cruise. Nothing about what he said or did bothers me in the slightest. This was a pretty good interview in that it had nothing to do with his new squeeze nor his film, things we all hear far too much about. Kudos to Matt for pulling all of this out of Tom.

Skirmisher
06-24-2005, 03:36 PM
But he brought it up becuase it was news and he was conducting an interview.

Look, Tom can have all the views he wants.

He can keep them to himself and not have to face questions asking him to support such views, or he can be Mr. Scientolgy guy and then have to deal with the questions that will come from such innane statements.

Mistomeer
06-24-2005, 03:39 PM
It would be alot more respectable if Cruise was just some actor who had a personal belief that the drugs aren't necessary. Knowing that he's part of this fucked up cult and they told him to be against drugs makes it kinda sad.

CrystalTears
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't think they told him to be against drugs. You don't have to be in scientology to know that some drugs are being pushed onto the public. Like Chris Rock said, the government isn't legalizing drugs because they want you to take theirs. :D

And after reading the entire interview, not just the clip (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/), Matt brought up the scientology, not Tom, but he went full throttle into it, so I think they were both responsible for it going as far as it did. You can't leisurely ask an enthusiast like that to keep it simple.. they're going to elaborate, which Tom did.

Mistomeer
06-24-2005, 04:19 PM
One of the beliefs of scientology is that psychiatry and related drugs are absolutely wrong. Some drugs are pushed onto the public, but Cruise talking about the history of psychiatry, etc. is all scientologist shit, which I'm sure they taught him on his way to reaching OT6.

CrystalTears
06-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah, but he said that he was against psychiatry even before he entered scientology, so it could just be what influenced him into it, who knows.

The point is that scientologists need to get off their high horse about this "science". It wasn't even supposed to be taken seriously in the beginning. Hell, Hubbard is probably laughing all the way to the bank that people fell for it.

Delirium
06-24-2005, 04:53 PM
100% against all psych drugs is an extreme thing. Being against the amount of Ritalin is rational and can be debated. People who are psychotic and hear voices can be helped by the anti psychotic drugs and are everyday. I pity Cruise for his dim views and personally think he is very close to having a break down. He was on Oprah at one point hopping around and shit, it looked a lot like a manic episode of someone suffering from bipolar to me.

Personally the psych drugs didnt help me but i can see how they have helped others. He isnt just against the drugs tho but also the psychology. Thats pure bullshit as well. I dont care what people believe as others have said in other threads as long as they dont push their bullshit beliefs on me.

If the guy is so thirsty for knowledge perhaps he should look outside his religion and read real scholastic studies instead of pushing his ignorant views on everyone else. To me his views are as absurd as if Latrin and Nakiro(nothing against you guys, just know you are religious) started posting topics that women were made out of a rib of a man or whatever that is and claimed they had superier knowledge so no one should question their views.

As for Lauer, he didnt just bring this up out of the blue. Cruise made controversial comments before and im glad he had the balls to call him on it. People using their celebrity to push their beliefs annoy me, probably cause i almost always disagree but still :)

Aaysia
06-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Brattt8525
LAUER: TOM CRUISE CREATED A FIRESTORM WHEN HE CRITICIZED BROOKE SHIELDS FOR REVEALING THAT SHE WENT INTO THERAPY AND TOOK ANTIDEPRESSANTS TO DEAL WITH HER POST PARTUM DEPRESSION. AS A SCIENTOLGIST, HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN PSYCHIATRIC MEDICINE. I ASKED HIM ABOUT HIS COMMENTS

At least in this interview the guy brought it up, not Tom from what I just read.

whoops must have missed that part :D

Mistomeer
06-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Hubbard is definitely laughing all the way to the bank since he's on record as saying things along the lines of, "I'm going to start a religion. That's where the real money is." prior to starting Scientology.

Brattt8525
06-24-2005, 05:58 PM
I am of the thought that it does not matter what motivates you to succeed in life as long as something does. If someone wants to start/believe in what Hubbard started so what?

Everyone needs something to believe in, it is what will keep you going when times get the hardest. As others have stated just don't ram it down my throat. Now if I bring it up then I have to accept that I got you to talk about it to me.

Artha
06-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Cruise would be cool if he wasn't a scientologist.

Hulkein
06-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Cruise would be cool if he reverted back to his role in the Outsiders of Steve Randle, started being a greaser again, and never broke character for the rest of his life.

Vesi
06-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Delirium
He was on Oprah at one point hopping around and shit, it looked a lot like a manic episode of someone suffering from bipolar to me.

I thought exactly the same thing. Maybe he's just high on life and love (and I'm not saying he isn't) but honestly, the whirlwind romance, the open publicity, the constant smiling and being so 'up' about it all, reminded me of a manic episode. He seems pretty wound up.

My father is bipolar and I have seen way too many manic/psychotic episodes. Wonder if Tom would be willing to give my father back the 180 thousand dollars he lost in Vegas on a manic high? (he was off his meds) Or the time he married a girl that was 25 years younger than him and he was so happy and told everyone ... wait that sounds familiar. Anyway, the marriage lasted a week. Or maybe, discuss with him about packing up and moving off from four daughters and three granddaughters and not telling any of them until two days beforehand. (and then just to see if any of us wanted to buy a chair from him) Or sleeping with a butcher knife under his pillow. Or interpreting the Bible in weird ways. (as in seeing himself as the person in the verses) Or thinking the pesticide man was there to exterminate him and not the bugs. Or thinking the Coke truck parked outside was full of bombs. Or, or, or ... I'll stop now. I won't even go into what the depression side looks like.

Trust me, Tom Cruise is living in lala land if he thinks certain drugs aren't lifesavers for some people. He sounds like a puppet. And a not very smart puppet at that.

Vesi

Itachi
06-24-2005, 08:37 PM
The problem with drugs is that in America, the FDA has completely taken control of it. Sure there are herbs and other homeopathic ways to treat ailments but we arent allowed to sell them. The FDA has stated that the only thing that can cure or treat a disease are drugs. If someone was to open up a shop and sell harmless herbs or things like that the FDA comes in, with guns, and shuts the operation down. Another thing, it costs millions upon millions for the drug license to sell those things in the first place. They even tried to label vitamins as "drugs" just so they could take control of them and profit. It's all about the money...

Artha
06-24-2005, 08:50 PM
You can sell them, you just can't claim that they are for healing. IMO, fuck them and fuck people that sell them. Those snake oil salesmen capitalize on people who are too scared of surgery or chemo with their false claims of effectiveness and "the evil drug companies won't let us heal you!" spiel.

Ravenstorm
06-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Itachi
If someone was to open up a shop and sell harmless herbs or things like that...

Herbs aren't 'harmless' by definition and some of them definitely should be regulated especially since so many people think 'natural' means safe.

Raven

06-24-2005, 09:02 PM
They are called herbal supplements and not regulated by the FDA

longshot
06-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Tom Cruise sounds like Jazuela.

This is not, and never ever will be, a compliment.

Back
06-24-2005, 09:47 PM
Take evil devil weed for example. Bad bad juju according to capitalists.

Atlanteax
06-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Okay okay okay...

Let's try this again...

I asked "Is Tom Cruise on Crack" for his behavior during the interview. Which is of a guy hopped up on drugs.

Perhaps that interview alone is not enough to wonder, but when you factor in the reports of his interview on Oprah Winfrey and Jay Leno... he has clearly flipped out of his mind.

Hence how Tom should take his own advice of staying away from the drugs (which I agree with) and go see a psychologist (a legit science).

Chelle
06-25-2005, 01:31 AM
So they should talk about strictly ONLY the movie and nothing else? Wow when was that law passed?

I totally agree about the drugs though. There are too many people taking drugs for retarded things. Drug companies are making billions and billions off of poor suckers who think they need a pill everytime they stub their toe. What's even more insane is that the side effects of some of these pills are worse than what they were prescribed for. Not to mention that it eats away at your liver and ruins your kidneys.

Skirmisher
06-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Chelle
So they should talk about strictly ONLY the movie and nothing else? Wow when was that law passed?

I totally agree about the drugs though. There are too many people taking drugs for retarded things. Drug companies are making billions and billions off of poor suckers who think they need a pill everytime they stub their toe. What's even more insane is that the side effects of some of these pills are worse than what they were prescribed for. Not to mention that it eats away at your liver and ruins your kidneys.

I passed it when tragically ignorant clelebrities crowned themselves expert on matters far beyond their meager ability to understand.

It shall remain in effect at least until Tom becomes mute or passes on.

Asha
06-25-2005, 03:27 AM
I am functioning a million times better without the pills.
He's right about it only masking the problem, hiding it , whatever.

I think Pills should only be prescribed once it's established, the illness isn't going to go away.

...Besides, the lil kid on the corner who supplied me moved house.

:(
/jk

[Edited on 6-25-2005 by Drayal]

Chelle
06-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

I passed it when tragically ignorant clelebrities crowned themselves expert on matters far beyond their meager ability to understand.

It shall remain in effect at least until Tom becomes mute or passes on.

:lol: Uh yeah lets leave the laws to the other people. I absolutely love it when people are like all high and mighty and say, "well so and so is ignorant, and they should do this or that.."

While making mistakes themselves in the same post.

Priceless.

Chelle
06-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Atlanteax
Okay okay okay...

Let's try this again...

I asked "Is Tom Cruise on Crack" for his behavior during the interview. Which is of a guy hopped up on drugs.

Perhaps that interview alone is not enough to wonder, but when you factor in the reports of his interview on Oprah Winfrey and Jay Leno... he has clearly flipped out of his mind.

Hence how Tom should take his own advice of staying away from the drugs (which I agree with) and go see a psychologist (a legit science).

Guys shouldn't really be held responsible for their behavior, while they are in "love". He seems to started acting all wacky in interviews since he got a new girl. Maybe its a midlife thing guys go through? I don't know. I think its cute though.

Parkbandit
06-25-2005, 11:11 AM
It must be a chemical imbalance due to the drugs he is not taking.

:D

Seriously though.. I do believe he has harmed his once sterling image in recent weeks.

CrystalTears
06-25-2005, 11:12 AM
What Chelle said. He's an older man who has a young hottie for a bride who went into scientology to be with him. How much more high on life can the guy get? I honestly don't think he's on drugs at all, that's just how he is.

Hulkein
06-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Anyone actually see how he reacted after he got squirted by the water gun?

The full video is here. (http://www.dudemannews.com/media_pages/tom_cruise_gets_sprayed_with_water_during_intervie w...jerk.php)

I gotta say he acts more calm (but really fucking weird) than I would.

Edited to add: Look around that site a little bit if you like Adrianna Lima.

[Edited on 6-25-2005 by Hulkein]

Latrinsorm
06-25-2005, 11:22 AM
A typo isn't exactly the same as proclaiming an entire field of medicine is hogwash.

Skirmisher
06-25-2005, 02:43 PM

:lol: Uh yeah lets leave the laws to the other people. I absolutely love it when people are like all high and mighty and say, "well so and so is ignorant, and they should do this or that.."

While making mistakes themselves in the same post.

Priceless.

Wow, you found a spelling error in my post.

That however does not negate my point.

He is ignorant of that subject and has shown such in the few utterance he was able to cobble together.

He may know a whole lot about movies, and thats fantastic. Please do tell us about them until we pass out, but he knows nothing about and is therefore ignorant of psychiatry and chemical imbalances.

Glad I made your day. He is still an idiot.

If you think his statements were valid, please do say why I am wrong and show where.

Assuming you can of course.

Skirmisher
06-25-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Anyone actually see how he reacted after he got squirted by the water gun?

The full video is here. (http://www.dudemannews.com/media_pages/tom_cruise_gets_sprayed_with_water_during_intervie w...jerk.php)

I gotta say he acts more calm (but really fucking weird) than I would.

Edited to add: Look around that site a little bit if you like Adrianna Lima.

[Edited on 6-25-2005 by Hulkein]

I was going to make a post saying exactly that Hulk.

I don't loathe him or want to see him destroyed or whatever and in fact like a bunch of his movies and was impressed with how he dealt with the oh so funny crew that tried to prank him for thier little tv show.

He just knows jack about medicine and should stop trying to tell others to not take medicine that thay may well need.

Tsa`ah
06-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Vesi
[quote]Originally posted by Delirium
He was on Oprah at one point hopping around and shit, it looked a lot like a manic episode of someone suffering from bipolar to me.

Yep .... that's probably his problem.

Tom Cruise before scientology, with people surrounding him urging him to smile for the cameras, button his lip, and take his meds ... because he is a dumbass with mental disorders that actually needed medication.

Then there's the whole Kidman thing, firing the publicist ... and jumping headfirst into scientology while flushing his meds.

The real travesty here is that since he makes movies, most of which suck, people give a shit about what he says. Take away the camera and arm candy and he's nothing but another slob on the street. It baffles me to no end.

Warriorbird
06-25-2005, 04:25 PM
The theory that Scientology was blackmailing him over homosexual relations revealed in sessions with them that broke up the him/Mimi Rider marriage was sort've intriguing. The sad thing is, I think he really goes in for Hubbard's nonsense.

CrystalTears
07-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Le Fox link so give me le break. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161290,00.html)

Brooke Shields Fires Back at Tom Cruise
Friday, July 01, 2005

NEW YORK — Brooke Shields (search) took aim at Tom Cruise's "Today" show diatribe against antidepressants, saying the drugs helped her survive feelings of hopelessness after the birth of her firstchild.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say that Mr. Cruise has never suffered from postpartum depression," she wrote in an op-ed piece published Friday in The New York Times.

Cruise had criticized the actress for taking the drugs, and became particularly passionate about the issue in an interview on "Today" last week.

"You don't know the history of psychiatry. I do," Cruise told Matt Lauer.

He went on to say there was no such thing as chemical imbalances that need to be corrected with drugs, and that depression could be treated with exercise and vitamins. Shields called those remarks "a disservice to mothers everywhere."

Shields said she considered swallowing a bottle of pills or jumping out the window at the lowest point of her depression following the birth of her daughter, Rowan Francis, in 2003. A doctor later attributed her feelings to a plunge in her estrogen and progesterone levels and prescribed the antidepressant Paxil.

"If any good can come of Mr. Cruise's ridiculous rant, let's hope that it gives much-needed attention to a serious disease," she wrote.

Shields described her post-childbirth experiences in "Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression."

Cruise is a follower of Scientology, a religion that teaches that psychiatry is a destructive pseudo-science.

Skirmisher
07-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Final Asnwer: Yes, a very heavy crack user is Mr Cruise.

Edaarin
07-01-2005, 07:00 PM
Tom Cruise's opinion matters about as much as the Dixie Chicks'.

Well, a little more, because he is a guy after all.

Ilvane
07-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Eh, he's not all that crazy. Did women get diagnosed with post partum depression before the last 30 years?

I think everyone is so quick to blame something on some syndrome or some disease rather than deal with what is really going on.

Of course, if you have thoughts of killing your baby or yourself after giving birth, you do need help, however..I just don't believe all these anti depressant drugs are the way to fix it either. It doesn't fix the core issue, it just masks it with some drug..so in that way I think he's right.

-A

Ilvane
07-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh and in my opinion, Brooke Shields is taking advantage of her publicity to hawk her book, so it's not really anything different than Cruise talking about Scientology, or plugging his movie.

-A

Skirmisher
07-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Heavy crack user.

Delirium
07-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Hmmm just because some medicine masks something doesnt mean it is worthless. Id guess most people who take psych meds also see a therapist. Pain killers are prescribed so while an injury heals it gives them some relief. I would like to think anti depressants do the same. Take the "bite" off the depression while you work things out with a therapist.

Also just because something is overprescribed doesnt make the medicine itself bad. Antibiotics are overprescribed as well. No one suggests they all be taken off the market.

Eh, he's not all that crazy. Did women get diagnosed with post partum depression before the last 30 years?

Did women have marital problems 50 years ago? Well there wasnt as many divorces so it must be true. Just because people chose to suffer silently(stigma?) in the past doesnt mean it didnt exist.

Ilvane
07-01-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm not saying it didn't exist..People dealt with it, and they didn't need heavy psychotherapy and anti-depression drugs to do it.

I'm not saying there is no need for it in some cases either, like say "Andrea Yates" or someone along that line..she had a psychois though.

-A

Delirium
07-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I think that is the beauty of living in 2005. You dont have to wait to treat something until its in its worst stages. If Shields didnt get help(and she feels it did help) who knows what might have happened. The sooner something is caught the easier it is treated, be it mental or physical.

If Shields didnt want to just be miserable and deal with it and the drugs helped, i dont see a problem. People taking action to make their life better and happier is a good thing to me.

Skirmisher
07-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm sure that at least a tiny percentage of the people killed by the Khmer Rouge actually were horrible people( child molesters, murderers et al) but that doesn't somehow validate the rest of the barbarism that went on there.

Simply because there are some people who are prescribed medication who may not need it does not in ANY way somehow make his statements any less irresponsible.

Tom Cruises Simple Rules to Live By
Make your movie.
Collect your many millions of dollars.
Keep your mouth shut .

It's not that hard.

Latrinsorm
07-01-2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
Did women get diagnosed with post partum depression before the last 30 years?Nobody got diagnosed with Lyme disease before 30 years ago. I guess that means people should just deal with it and stop taking drugs.

Or we could try listening to medical professionals. I don't know, they both sound good.

Ravenstorm
07-01-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Nobody got diagnosed with Lyme disease before 30 years ago. I guess that means people should just deal with it and stop taking drugs.

Or we could try listening to medical professionals. I don't know, they both sound good.

Damn. Every once in a while, you say something I agree with. This has got to stop.

Raven

Latrinsorm
07-01-2005, 11:02 PM
:heart:

Ilvane
07-02-2005, 03:42 AM
It's great if you take the first sentence of what I said and use that, but I didn't say it didn't exist..:)

Thanks.;)

-A

Itachi
07-02-2005, 06:13 AM
http://www.planetvids.com/html/Tom-Cruise-Kills-Oprah.html

Artha
07-02-2005, 10:22 AM
and they didn't need heavy psychotherapy and anti-depression drugs to do it.
These, however, make it easier to deal with.

DeV
07-02-2005, 10:33 AM
Tom needs to visit a prison psychiatric ward. He'd be so enlightened.

Latrinsorm
07-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ilvane
It's great if you take the first sentence of what I said and use that, but I didn't say it didn't exist..:)It's actually the second sentence, and I didn't say you said it didn't exist (as an aside, I'm at a loss to how you drew that from my post). Medical problems that haven't been diagnosed are not the same as medical problems that should not require medication, as in the case of Lyme disease. As a result, the statement that PPD was not diagnosed and therefore should not require medication can't be sound.