PDA

View Full Version : Note Worthy Threads.

Shalla
06-23-2005, 03:10 AM
I think there should be a folder, or some kind of feature to which we can add links to memorable or at least note worthy threads, without having to do a search, that will give us many results and have to go through them.. that would probably be forgotten.

like this one, by backlash/Chad. I think knowing each other's names and what we like and dislike seem to give us a feel of knowing each other personally, which I think would result to less insulting, and flaming, and help us find a common ground.

Or that thread with quotes from various people.

or links to a thread with scripts, with description and a title above it.

Getting to know you:

Feeling left out that you don't know anybody's name when people call each other by first name? Here's to getting to know each other better.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=14613

Or for new posters, people have a bad impression of this forum, of us really.. and they don't realize that we all had bad impressions as well, and that there is more to this corner than just arguing.

PC first impressions:

We're not all jerks and bitches, here's proof how we felt the same way but ended up joining this dysfunctional family.

http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=14938

[Edited on 6-23-2005 by Lady Shalla]

Asha
06-23-2005, 03:12 AM
It would be nice.
But who'd decide which threads were note worthy?

Shalla
06-23-2005, 03:14 AM
Whoever. Anybody can post a link. Then below it, is the description of the discussion inside. So people can browse through it, whenever they feel like, especially for people who have no been around to read it.

Asha
06-23-2005, 03:18 AM
I've had a good idea.
Why don't , since Kranar is away, we use this thread to post note worthy links.
When you add one, you paste the previous post as well.

That way you've got a constant glossary of good threads. Until Mr Kranar gets back and sees it's a great idea.

Tsa`ah
06-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Not to shoot down your suggestion, but the stats page is probably the most accurate means of implimenting your suggestion. The top four replied to, and read topics are listed there. Outside from that, you do have the ability to create your own favorites folder.

Wezas
06-23-2005, 08:24 AM
Are you talking about what some message boards refer to as a "sticky"? A "sticky" ("sticky note") or "pinned" thread is one that will stay at the top of any folder because it is deemed important enough that it has been decided most of the boards should read it.

On this board the only instance I could easily find is HN's "FYI" thread in This Folder (http://forum.gsplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)

Perhaps we could put a few of the more popular threads (Picture Post and Word Assocation come immediately to mind) as one of the pinned threads.

CrystalTears
06-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Wezas is blind! Lots of topics have stickies, some with posting guidelines and others with threads that are worth keeping in mind.

I personally don't mind making requested threads stickied. You can make your suggestion and if they seem "note worthy", I'll stickie them. :)

Miss X
06-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Yep, same here with my folders. If there are requests for certain threads to be topped then post them here and Il take a look and top the ones that are top worthy! :)

Wezas
06-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Wezas is blind! Lots of topics have stickies, some with posting guidelines and others with threads that are worth keeping in mind.

Heh. Normally I only look at "Today's Posts" and that's it. I only looked in the first few folders (in Player's Corner Discussions) because I figured if there were pinned threads, that's where a few would likely be.