PDA

View Full Version : Something amiss in River's Rest

Leetahkin
06-23-2005, 11:51 PM
I hope I can stay up late enough to see what it's about... but.. here's the very recent events:

The sky begins to fill with huge clouds, dark and grey on the bottom, pale and white atop, their puffy crowns ascending towards the heavens.

The clouds obscure the ships floating in the distance.

We have visitors, but unsure if they are friendly yet. Fun!

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by Nobody Cares]

[Edited on 6-27-2005 by Nobody Cares]

Leetahkin
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I'd appreciate it if a mod can move this to the correct folder...

I think I need caffeine to stay up for this
:coffee:

Doughboy
06-24-2005, 12:04 AM
>peer tele
You put your eye up to the telescope and peer into it...
A large krolvin caravel rides high in the water next to an upriver dock. Krolvin seafarers move crates in and out of the vessel as warriors stand guard. Several other seafarers scurry up and down the ratlines, perhaps readying the caravel for a voyage.
>

Leetahkin
06-24-2005, 12:07 AM
I was told by someone that's always there. I think we're looking at about a half dozen ships bobbing in the water with their anchors down.

Showal
06-24-2005, 12:16 AM
anything new now?

Leetahkin
06-24-2005, 12:18 AM
No :whine:

I don't feel like making a new post, so I'm adding to this one.

I've stayed up as long as I could. Hopefully if something happens, someone can post it here.

Otherwise, I'm hoping it waits until tomorrow evening to start anything.

:sleep: Bed is calling me.

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by Nobody Cares]

Asha
06-24-2005, 02:23 AM
I'm praying. Praying they murder everyone on that island.
Hopefully the whole place will be overun with lvl 100 critters.

Showal
06-24-2005, 02:30 AM
Thanks Drayal, I just got there.

Nauriel
06-24-2005, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
I'm praying. Praying they murder everyone on that island.
Hopefully the whole place will be overun with lvl 100 critters.

:lol::lol: im going to second that..burn it, burn it!

Lomoriond
06-24-2005, 07:41 AM
I remember saying the same thing about landing, and then when it actually happened half the folks couldn't figure out wtf was going on and you got twenty people a day asking "how come the bank is closed?"

You could destroy icemule, solhaven, rivers rest and all of EN, and i'd be willing to bet 60% of the people playing would go on as if nothing happened.

L - Burn the landing again!

Overlord
06-24-2005, 07:45 AM
I'd love to see the Banaltras come back, good laugh that was. Hell....how long ago was that??

Czeska
06-24-2005, 07:55 AM
Banaltras was almost 4 years ago, I think.

And according to Nilandia's Simucon notes, the old crap will be in Illoke, then on Teras.

RR needs some older stuff though, for sure.
Anything new with the bobbing boats?

Leetahkin
06-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Yes, someone please keep us updated.
I'm stuck at work for another...
.....8 hours.
I just couldn't justify taking a vacation day for a potential invasion :D

Nilandia
06-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Last night, blood eagles (more powerful than normal) were seen in town. A number of people went to the pier to yell a bunch of insults at the boats. Some gutteral sounds resembling voices were heard, but nothing could be discerned. A while later, a bunch more of the eagles were found and killed. After a bit more insult-slinging, the Resters went to bed.

Nilandia

Leetahkin
06-30-2005, 10:41 PM
A loud explosion rocks the night air.

Supposedly the largest ship was struck by lightning and sunk shortly thereafter.

A heavy fog settled over the bay, so we are unable to see any of the other ships.

Still no contact by any remaining ships.

Leetahkin
07-01-2005, 06:25 AM
After the explosion last night, some from town found an unconscious half-elf in the bay. He was breathing, but would not come to.

He poofed from the land not long after.

Asha
07-01-2005, 06:56 AM
If they put a new hunting area of a level 100 encampment on Rivers Rest, instead of landing or Teras. . I'll kill someone.

Leetahkin
07-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Peh. You know Shimm would *love* to come to RR and make Ent's life hell.

Besides, RR needs higher trained critters.

isebumples
07-01-2005, 09:12 AM
The invasion isn't comming, because they are putting a new hunting ground in, its comming because they are going to introduce River's Rest's town defences, finally.

-Bumple's player

Asha
07-01-2005, 09:23 AM
:lol:
Town defences which will stop the chances of anything exciting like an invasion.
Feh.

ElanthianSiren
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Nobody Cares
Peh. You know Shimm would *love* to come to RR and make Ent's life hell.

Besides, RR needs higher trained critters.

Agreed. My cleric is a good cleric -- at 43, it's near impossible to hunt the living critters in the swamp, but I won't leave RR.

-M
edited cuz I said undead critters by mistake...which didn't make much sense.

[Edited on Fri, July st, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

MxPx1483
07-24-2005, 03:42 PM
Well, try being 56 and living in the Rest. Had to pick up lockpicking with my cleric just to pass the time.

Terminator X
07-24-2005, 06:56 PM
I'm a citizen of River's Rest and almost exclusively hunt there too, but from what I have read and heard, the critter system on Teras seems to be specifically geared in order to attract higher-leveled folks due the sheer factor of its non-diversity in the levels of critters that generically spawn there.

However, the lure of its being oriented as such should most certainly not be hampered by such a finite number of critters to actually hunt there.