PDA

View Full Version : Guild Teams (split from "You guys suck")

crazymage
06-21-2005, 02:33 PM
join horde on dunemaul jes so you can beat the shit out of losers in Carpe Diem .

[Edited on 6/22/2005 by CrystalTears]

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
join horde on dunemaul jes so you can beat the shit out of losers in Carpe Diem .

or remain the best and stay alliance and if you want a new guild where you are not the B team for an already established guild then contact me or one of my officers.

Parkbandit
06-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn

Originally posted by crazymage

or remain the best and stay alliance and if you want a new guild where you are not the B team for an already established guild then contact me or one of my officers.

Just so we are clear on one thing.. most of that "B" team is now the "A" team.. and even members of the old "A" team are now members of the new "B" team.. with Stabbed most likely considered part of the "C" team.

06-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
[Just so we are clear on one thing.. most of that "B" team is now the "A" team.. and even members of the old "A" team are now members of the new "B" team.. with Stabbed most likely considered part of the "C" team.

You suck at making things clear. I've started drawing a diagram trying to make sense of that paragraph, and I'm still lost.

Anebriated
06-21-2005, 04:42 PM
How was that confusing? Some people from the A team are now B. Some people from B are now A. (hint: they switched spots)

Parkbandit
06-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets

[Just so we are clear on one thing.. most of that "B" team is now the "A" team.. and even members of the old "A" team are now members of the new "B" team.. with Stabbed most likely considered part of the "C" team.

You suck at making things clear. I've started drawing a diagram trying to make sense of that paragraph, and I'm still lost.

You must be re-Darded... it's simple

06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh okay, that diagram made everything clear. :thumbsup:

Wezas
06-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Tea & Strumpets
Oh okay, that diagram made everything clear. :thumbsup:

http://www.pyromosh.org/images/bbs/mr-t.png

I pity the fool not on the A team.

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Just so we are clear on one thing
with Stabbed most likely considered part of the "C" team.

I was not even talking about your small whorde guild.

I was talking about real guilds that have a B team part then a A team part. The A team part you have to audition and submit a written essay to join.

ask Alorg he will know some real whorde guilds to talk to you about

Alfster
06-21-2005, 10:18 PM
sounds like work

SnatchWrangler
06-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
I was talking about real guilds that have a B team part then a A team part. The A team part you have to audition and submit a written essay to join.

ask Alorg he will know some real whorde guilds to talk to you about

I honestly don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about. Blandesmon told me some of his friends were too lazy to join Onibatsu because you needed to sign something or jump through hoops. I've got some friends in Black Ogre, the closest thing to an A and a B team is that some guys only PvP by choice, and others are instance whores. But that's just their preference. Just like mine is to frequent Battlegrounds and stay away from instances of late.

No clue about writing essays or guilds being separated into an A and B squad or different membership levels. Maybe BoB has something like this, but I don't really know/talk to anyone in that guild.

On a non-confusing note:
I finished 8th in the PvP ranks for last week, and Keilum finished 5th.

Represent!

Wezas
06-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Maybe we can separate the A/B/C Squad talk into another thread as well?

Odups
06-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Or stay on Argent Dawn and avoid all this bull. :D

StrayRogue
06-22-2005, 11:31 AM
If you're a baby who doesn't like being killed on occasion by a larger side (ie alliance) then join the larger populace. Or if you like a challenge or don't want to aggrevate the already vastly unbalanced numbers of alliance vs horde, play as Horde.

Anebriated
06-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Or just play where your friends are and dont care about the balance issues.

Wezas
06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Elrodin

Agreed. Just don't bitch when the battlegrounds ratio of Alliance to Horde is 5:1 and you're sitting in line forever.

(not directed at anyone imperticular)

Parkbandit
06-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by Elrodin

Agreed. Just don't bitch when the battlegrounds ratio of Alliance to Horde is 5:1 and you're sitting in line forever.

(not directed at anyone imperticular)

I personally think there is something fucked up with BGs and the long wait time. What exactly initiates the BG anyway? Does it simply take 10 players from each faction at the same level to start the BG? I don't believe that is the key to starting the game, because horde has some long ass waits as well.

Something else triggers the game start.. I just don't know what.

Wezas
06-22-2005, 12:31 PM
I just know the night it opened, on Argent Dawn, there were hundreds of Alliance and only about 40 Horde.

SnatchWrangler
06-22-2005, 12:39 PM
I personally think there is something fucked up with BGs and the long wait time. What exactly initiates the BG anyway? Does it simply take 10 players from each faction at the same level to start the BG? I don't believe that is the key to starting the game, because horde has some long ass waits as well.

Something else triggers the game start.. I just don't know what.

The Alliance quits showing up on the server.

I'm not being a cocky bastard, I'm about 90% sure of it.

When I'm playing CTF for awhile (ie, more than 2 hours straight) and start to run off alot of relatively easy wins, this is what happens.

There will be 3 CTF instances open. Then there are all of a sudden only 1 (or 2) open. There will be one instance going, and 15-20 level 51-60 Horde standing around outside. The ONLY explanation is there is not enough to field an opposing team, because as soon as the other instance ports out, I'm invited in.

I honestly think the issue on our server is that Alliance players get sick of the consistent losing, and when they start getting blown out, they quit for awhile.

Where on Argent Dawn if the Alliance grossly outnumber the Horde which it sounds like, their issue is different from ours. (The ratio on our server is approx. 60% Alliance, 40% Horde from levels 40-60.)

Anebriated
06-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Does WoW have/plan on having a battleground where its more of a free-for-all? The thing I enjoyed most about DAoC was being able to get a group of 8 together and go into the frontiers and just roam around until we encountered a group from another realm. Much more random fights that relied on teamwork, positioning, and skill.

theotherjohn
06-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler
The Alliance quits showing up on the server.

I honestly think the issue on our server is that Alliance players get sick of the consistent losing, and when they start getting blown out, they quit for awhile.

So far I dont consistent lose just lose slightly more than I win.

I will give you a update when I have been in the 31-40 ally group longer.

I hope that is not true. If you are not going to PvP why be on the server.

Odups
06-22-2005, 11:22 PM
On Argent Dawn the ratio is somewhere near 3:1 for Alliance, but there's been plenty of drama recently about both sides leaving BG's for different reasons. There were/are exploiters on both sides that essentially cause the entire other side in the current instance to just /afk out to not deal with them. It seems like the BG doesn't even wait for full teams all the time, plenty of matches have started uneven from what people have said.