PDA

View Full Version : Advice ASAP

Jenisi
06-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Basically this is what's going down with my friend.

friend: how do I get a hold of madison center
friend I need to tell someone
pinkberries17: phone
friend: okay....
pinkberries17: I don't know the number
friend I"ll look it up at school...will they come to get him
friend: here he comes
friend is away at 3:54:47 PM.
friend returned at 3:54:48 PM.
friend: he wants to be dropped off in Elkhart...I"m jsut gonna do that

Auto response from pinkberries17: shower

friend: and leave it at that
friend signed off at 4:04:46 PM.
friend signed on at 4:07:56 PM.
friend: let me know when your back
friend: now he's wants to go to the homeless shelter
pinkberries17: ??
pinkberries17: what's going on
pinkberries17: heh
friend: I have no fucking clue
pinkberries17: he wants to be dropped off at the homeless shelter?
friend: I don't know
friend: he says Elkhart then the homeless shelter
friend: I think he just needs to go to Madison
friend: can they make him stay there?
friend: I don't know how to get him there
pinkberries17: no they can't
pinkberries17: unless he's in danger of himself
pinkberries17: you can call for advice that's about it
friend: well he tried to silt his wrists in front of me
friend: thats why I can't use my phone
pinkberries17: wtf
friend: he wants to know where I am
pinkberries17: ok if he did that
pinkberries17: you need to call madison center
pinkberries17: and tell them that
pinkberries17: say your scared for him
friend: he cut his hand with the razor blade
friend: there was blood on my hand
friend: I can't take this
pinkberries17: girl
pinkberries17: omg
pinkberries17: thats fucking sick
friend: Ang I told you I"m scared
friend: I got him to his moms
friend: then he walked off in the woods with a razor
friend: he then got me to come back here
friend: I don't know what to do
pinkberries17: ugh
friend: he took the phones away from mr
friend: *me
pinkberries17: I wish I had been a better friend and told you how i felt awhile ago
pinkberries17: I just didn't want to be all up in your buisness and get you mad at me
pinkberries17: I need to stick to my guts
pinkberries17: I can't believe shit got this bad
friend: I didn't know this would happen
pinkberries17: I had a feeling it would
friend: he tried to cut himself on front of me
pinkberries17: well if you need ANYTHING just call me
pinkberries17: and I'll be there
friend: I was so scared...then I locked myself in the bathrm and hje kicked the door in
pinkberries17: in a heartbeat
pinkberries17: seriously
friend: he jsut fixed it now and made me help him
friend: what do I do
pinkberries17: you need to quit feeling responsible for him
friend: all his stuff is packed in the car
pinkberries17: well good
pinkberries17: take him somewhere
friend: should I just drop him off there
pinkberries17: I would
pinkberries17: If i were you
pinkberries17: tell him to get help seriously
friend: I mean I have class and babysitting
pinkberries17: he has severe issues
friend I don't want to make him mad again
pinkberries17: do NOT let him guilt trip you
friend: he carried a razor blade the whole car ride
friend: I tired to fflag a cop down
friend: were at my house right now.....I have to leave by 5pm
friend: I"ll just drop him off at the homeless shelter then
friend: Ang if he kills himself
friend: I"m gonna think its my fault

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by Jenisi]

Jenisi
06-21-2005, 05:22 PM
I honestly don't know what to tell her to do, I've never delt with anything like this before...

Jolena
06-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Advise I can offer you is that she needs to call the cops. Drive to a populated area, get out, call the cops on a payphone through 911, that way if he tries to come after her (as I'm asuming he's violent towards her since he kicked in the bathroom door and carries his razor blade around), there are witnesses.

I'm assuming this is her b/f?

hectomaner
06-21-2005, 05:25 PM
DRAMA

DeV
She's needs to take him to the nearest hospital, like, asap they will admit him. He's a danger to himself and others and they can and will process a civil committment until he's they determine that he won't try to hurt himself again.

xtc
Call the police ASAP. Your friend is a danger to him/herself and maybe others. Don't let him/her know you are calling the police. When they come let them handle it. Your friend needs help, the police can get him/her admitted for a 72 hour evalution to start.

Your friend may hate you in the short term but will be grateful in the long run. I went through this years ago with a friend.

hectomaner
5150 :yes:

DeV
Or what Jolena said...

Bobmuhthol
06-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Yeah, take some guy that's going to commit suicide to a public area.

I say call his bluff. If he succeeds in dying from a cut wrist, it's his problem. If he wants to die, he'll use an effective method of suicide.

Jolena
06-21-2005, 05:28 PM
He's being violent towards her and has taken her phone from her. The thing is she wants to help him but doesn't wanna get hurt in the process and is scared. Taking him into a public area is the safest option for HER right now since she can't use the phone in her home or her cell phone as he's confiscated them. Sorry to say it, but her main concern should be her own safety first and foremost.

Jenisi
06-21-2005, 05:31 PM
UGH she's such an idiot.

pinkberries17: it's NOT your fault do NOT feel guilty and get him HELP
friend: how he's gonna get mad..he's calmed down
friend I don't know where the razor blade is
friend: he had two
pinkberries17: youc all
pinkberries17: they will come for him
pinkberries17: you don't need to take him anywhere
pinkberries17: don't let him know who you are calling
friend: Ang he'll leave
friend: trust me
pinkberries17: they are trained for this
pinkberries17: they bring cops
friend: I"ll just take him to the homeless shelter
pinkberries17: no
friend: They can go there
pinkberries17: that's not where he needs to go
pinkberries17: Rachel
pinkberries17: if he's in danger of himself
pinkberries17: he needs help
friend: Ang he'll know I have to go to class in 30 mins
friend: can;t they meet me there
pinkberries17: what if he hurts you?
friend: I can tell them
friend: I don't think he will
pinkberries17: what if he flips out when you go to drop him off?
pinkberries17: he fucking cut himself
pinkberries17: and you don't think he'll hurt you?
friend: he said to take him there
friend: 30 mins I can leave

hectomaner
06-21-2005, 05:32 PM
they say not to use it for emergency/911 calls, but if he's gonna flip out if he hears you, do an internet relay call

http://www.relaycall.com/national/relay.html

basically you type, and someone speaks for you. tell them you are afraid he'll flip out if he hears you, and make sure you include your address, they wont be able to trace it otherwise

Jolena
06-21-2005, 05:33 PM
yeah not much you can do for her if she won't do it for herself. I mean, she has to take it seriously enough to act upon it. Also, knowing someone is suicidal and not doing anything is worse then any other type of blame she might try to dump on herself for this guy. IMO.

hectomaner
06-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I say call his bluff. If he succeeds in dying from a cut wrist, it's his problem. If he wants to die, he'll use an effective method of suicide.

i agree

also, that girl is stupid, maybe he'll get a good slash at her neck before doing himself

Jenisi
06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
I talked her into having him commited

Brattt8525
06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
My advice get out and far away from him. Go to a neighbor call the cops and get him out of her place. Playing with someone like this is stupid no matter if they are a friend or not.

Jenisi
06-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Also, thanks for being a complete asshole hectomaner.

Skeeter
06-21-2005, 05:41 PM
sever all ties with stupid friends. put her on the ignore list and avoid bad drama at all costs.

Best advice I can give.

hectomaner
06-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Jenisi
Also, thanks for being a complete asshole hectomaner.

i'm not an asshole. i just believe in natural selection, and the fact that it should be more selective.

if you had read what i said, i DID offer you some helpful info. and really, should i be compassionate to some stupid girl that was enabling the whole situation? please...

AnticorRifling
06-21-2005, 07:10 PM
F Elkhart roll that idiot to Gary, drop him off on the streets and say good luck.

Apotheosis
06-21-2005, 07:15 PM
let the asshole kill himself. And umm, avoid people like that, because it's an un-necessary drain on your life. (yes, I had smeone close to me kill himself, and I think he's better off for it)

Showal
06-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Or you could call the police for her.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-21-2005, 07:48 PM
I never have this kind of drama in my life...

Oh yeah, it's because I don't associate with losers.

My advice would be don't associate with losers.

Showal
06-21-2005, 07:50 PM
losers arent the only people who have to deal with violent suicidal people.

peam
06-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner
they say not to use it for emergency/911 calls, but if he's gonna flip out if he hears you, do an internet relay call

basically you type, and someone speaks for you. tell them you are afraid he'll flip out if he hears you, and make sure you include your address, they wont be able to trace it otherwise

This is golden.

Chelle
06-21-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Showal
Or you could call the police for her.

lol exactly what I was thinking. If a friend of mine was begging for help like that, that's the first thing I'd have done. Um my friend is sending me IM's telling me about this freak who has razors, and is threatening my friend, and freaking cutting himself.. I think I'll just chat with her through IM's and wait and see if he flips out even more and slits her throat. Damn.

Fuck that call the police. Jeez.

AnticorRifling
06-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Be all like "Few times I been round that track so it's not just gonna happen like that cause I ain't no holler back girl!"

Then call the cops for her.

Friends don't let friends live in Utah.

Divinity
06-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Uhm, he's in the house and she's on the computer telling you this stuff but she doesn't have access to a phone? 0_o

First, if she was scared she would do something about it. I mean, yes, people do stupid things because they're blindsided, but wtf?

Call the local police, have them get down to her house, tell them what she drives her name and what not and tell her where she goes to class. That way they can apprehend the dood and it wouldn't be on her, and this man won't be any the wiser to what's going on.

If you're local, get yourself to her class and get her out of the situation. She's OBVIOUSLY not going to do it herself. Meet the police at her place so she has some support and doesn't back out when they ask her what's going on.

Toxicvixen
06-21-2005, 11:11 PM
People can have access to the internet without a phone, Some of us have cable. :D

Situation sounds screwed up. I hope you figure out whats best to help you're friend. If I were in the situation, I would ask my friend what she would want me to do to help her I.E. Call the police, come get her, beat him up etc. Good luck and I hope it ends as calmly and unviolent as possible.

theotherjohn
06-21-2005, 11:15 PM
tell the guy to grow up or if he wants fucking attention move back home with mommy

hectomaner
06-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by peam

This is golden.

i love these services. when i worked for a company that billed for pron sites, we used to hop on these when we got bored, and we would put them through all sorts of shit involving asking about chicks with dicks, big black cock, and german goo girls. tons of fun

Delirium
06-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Its not that easy to have someone comitted really. Most likely they will hold him for 72 hours. My advice is to get that friend of yours to put on a restraining order against him while he is trapped there. Its very easy to tell people what they want to hear when freedom is calling your name. Id bet the farm he will be out in three days and probably a tad upset if he knows it was her who turned him in.

Whats his past like? Does he have a history of having 72 hour holds or this the first time? Any real attempts been made of hurting her/himself?

Divinity
06-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Toxicvixen
People can have access to the internet without a phone, Some of us have cable. :D

I know, and so do I. However, she's frightened for her life and running around her house to get away, but she has the time to sit there and talk about how she scared she is. I don't know, that's just, weird to me.

Good luck helping her out Jenisi. Hopefully she's okay.

Apotheosis
06-22-2005, 10:15 AM

Originally posted by peam

This is golden.

i love these services. when i worked for a company that billed for pron sites, we used to hop on these when we got bored, and we would put them through all sorts of shit involving asking about chicks with dicks, big black cock, and german goo girls. tons of fun

OMG GOOD PRANK IDEA, someone (refer to the "he bite in my vagina thread")

[Edited on 6-22-2005 by Yswithe]

DeV
06-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Delirium
Its not that easy to have someone comitted really. Usually hospitals will hold you for the required 72 hours and if you are in fact suicidal they will keep for an unspecified amount of time. Due to instances where people have come to the hospital and don't want to be kept, are let go, and end up killing themselves or hurting someone else. Hospitals don't like to hold any liability and that's the way they handle it in Chicago from my limited experience.

My friend was held for more than 72 hours and she was not even suicidal and she didn't want to stay. It was ridiculous but sometimes the system can definitely work against you.

Wezas
06-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Have her look into some typing/english classes. :yes2:

Skirmisher
06-22-2005, 10:44 AM
It's actually not that hard for a physician to have someone commited short term at least.

It's not getting in trouble for jumping the gun if the person makes an issue of it later is al. :nutty:

Delirium
06-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Usually hospitals will hold you for the required 72 hours and if you are in fact suicidal they will keep for an unspecified amount of time. Due to instances where people have come to the hospital and don't want to be kept, are let go, and end up killing themselves or hurting someone else. Hospitals don't like to hold any liability and that's the way they handle it in Chicago from my limited experience.

My friend was held for more than 72 hours and she was not even suicidal and she didn't want to stay. It was ridiculous but sometimes the system can definitely work against you.

True enough, it is possible but for to be committed(at least in my state,MN) you get a hearing in front of a judge with a lawyer on your side. If there is no prior history he should easily be able to win. I dont doubt that they can add some time in the local ward if they dont feel you are safe but ive never heard of anyone spending more than 2 weeks. With a tiny bit of experience you learn to know what the social workers/psychiatrists want to hear and it is avoidable.

Committed to me means the state hospitals where you get told to stay for up to 6 months at a time and then it is reavaluated every 6 months.