PDA

View Full Version : Simucon Photos.

SpunGirl
06-21-2005, 01:24 AM
I was slaX0r x 2000 this weekend and took like.... ten pictures. Mostly because I was too drunk to keep track of my things and as a result, kept leaving everything but my room key in the hotel room. So here are some pictures.....

First one here is of Dainslef.

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by SpunGirl]

SpunGirl
06-21-2005, 01:43 AM
I apologize for the huge-ness of the pictures, I seem to lack the capacity to lower the pixel size. Anyway, next one is of Hugh, Tierus' non-GS friend that was cool and hung with us anyway. In the background is Tagen. Third is of GM Aiza, Nerrik, Shiril and Tierus. Note Shiril's drunken look.

SpunGirl
06-21-2005, 01:44 AM
FINALLY.... the last two. The first one is of Tierus and Chris, the ORIGINAL Player of Blackjack. Yes, this is the guy we can all thank for selling Blackjack to Seany Digital. The last picture is of me and Sepher. I took it myself, I was drunk, hence the cutoff. Sorry.

-K

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by SpunGirl]

Asha
06-21-2005, 02:11 AM
Jesus, Sepher looks like the crazy guy from 'Me myself and Irene'.

Cool eyebrows.

Drew
06-21-2005, 02:41 AM
Sepher is crazy lookin man.

Fengus
06-21-2005, 02:43 AM
What the hell, is he in character? A half-albino? Freaky.

SpunGirl
06-21-2005, 02:49 AM
Yep, Sepher is our Token Albino. And a very dear friend.

-K

Asha
06-21-2005, 02:50 AM
slightly dissapointed due to the lacking pics of Spun herself, though.
C'mon.

SpunGirl
06-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Those pictures of OTHER people were hard enough to take. If you want pictures of me, see the picture post thread. Hell, I might even put mine back in my avatar... I've been avatar-less for like forever and ever now.

-K

Asha
06-21-2005, 03:09 AM
I can't remember if I thought you were hot, that's all.
:(
I think I did.:shrug:

Ilvane
06-21-2005, 06:16 AM
<3 Dainslef..:):) :heart:

I missed you guys this year.:(

-A

Czeska
06-21-2005, 07:26 AM
I like Dains' hair! First time in 3 years I haven't gone. Pfft.

Ylena
06-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Hope you guys had a good time.

It's the first one I haven't been to. I thought I would miss it this weekend, but to be honest, I really didn't. It's a relief to actually be over it.

Anebriated
06-21-2005, 03:48 PM
ZING!

edit: :( pwned by mod deleting posts.

[Edited on 6-21-2005 by Elrodin]

Jolena
06-21-2005, 03:52 PM
:lolwave: Was about to U2U you and tell ya that too Elrodin hehe.

Shonison
06-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Heh, I was at that table that night, right across from Shiril. I think there are only two pictures of me at all of Simucon. Toy got one randomly of Naina and I in the hallway, and I'm not sure who took the other....I was somewhat drunk by then. Great people, great fun all weekend. I'll have to try to make some of the other gatherings if I can.

- Jim (first post ever, but strangely I've had the account for a while now)

Toxicvixen
06-22-2005, 02:06 PM
I couldn't afford to go to simucon this year. :cry:

But I will be at Vegas Con next year! You are all forwarned! :evil laugh:

Most likely going to try to stay somewhere else because The Frontier freaking sucks!

SpunGirl
06-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Tiffy - you'd best be at Vegascon. We missed you in St Louis. Jim - d00d! You were one of the favorite people I met all weekend. Sorry I didn't get you in the pictures, but like I said, I was a huge slacker about the whole thing.

Melting Pot yay!

-K

Trouble
06-23-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm surprised there are so few links posted here or on the official boards for Simucon photos. I know fewer people went this year and all that, but still...

SpunGirl
06-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Attendance was in a word, pathetic. There were only like 75 people registered for GemStone. There were six people in our room and no one but Dainslef was registered - many, many crashers. I'd guess that attendance was down for DR too, and there were like 30 or so modus players there. There was a rumor that this will be the last one, but I think if Simu manages to pull something cool out of its ass it'll boost attendance in the future.

I had a great time, but I don't go to Simucon for the seminars or gameplay info. Judging from this year, I'd say a lot of people don't. I go the same reason I go to Vegascon or the Thrilla - to let loose and hang out.

-K

Doyle Hargraves
06-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Chris, the ORIGINAL Player of Blackjack.

He's not the original. I'm pretty sure he bought Blackjack from the original player.

Funny thing about Simucon (Vegas too I guess) is it seems with each year, the people that play GS are getting outnumbered by people that don't play anymore, and half the ones that do still play don't really play, as they're all GMs or hosts now.

[Edited on 6-23-2005 by Doyle Hargraves]

SpunGirl
06-23-2005, 04:36 PM
He claimed to be the original player, that's all I know. Also, Doyle, you're right - if I hadn't become involved in socializing with people outside GS, I would have dropped it a long time ago. Mostly now I just log in to do PRO stuff and mentor hours.

-K

Doyle Hargraves
06-23-2005, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by SpunGirl
He claimed to be the original player, that's all I know.

He tends to claim a lot of things that aren't true. Not trying to rip on him, as he's a cool guy and I don't have anything against him personally. I just take most of what he says with a grain of salt because most of it is (harmless) bullshit.

Iqxero
06-23-2005, 04:51 PM
there were like 30 or so modus players there.
-K

It must be exciting to be at a convention that your entire game turns out for.

:heart: modus.

Czeska
06-24-2005, 11:11 AM
I agree that Simutronics needs to revamp Simucon if it's going to keep happening. I know they dish out a lot of money for the hotel (who has its own demands, such as extra security, required dinners, etc.) but there needs to me more incentive to register if they want people to keep coming.

And like was said, the bonds that people create out of game is one thing that keeps them playing.

Landrion
06-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Attendance was in a word, pathetic. There were only like 75 people registered for GemStone. There were six people in our room and no one but Dainslef was registered - many, many crashers. I'd guess that attendance was down for DR too, and there were like 30 or so modus players there. There was a rumor that this will be the last one, but I think if Simu manages to pull something cool out of its ass it'll boost attendance in the future.

I had a great time, but I don't go to Simucon for the seminars or gameplay info. Judging from this year, I'd say a lot of people don't. I go the same reason I go to Vegascon or the Thrilla - to let loose and hang out.

-K

That pretty well sums it up.

I dont think theyre looking at cancelling con for next year. Its more likely that it will not be at the Westport though.

Its a shame, Simucon is a really nice time. As you mentioned about the amount of crashers, many still value the community but either dont see the value of the seminars or dont want to give Simu money at all. I wish I could say how I thought Simu could recover from that - but maybe the barn door has been open too long.

StrayRogue
06-24-2005, 11:32 AM
What was the special ingame freebie for actually doing the Simucon thing?

Trinitis
06-24-2005, 11:40 AM
From what Dain was telling us, Ebons this year is going to be free. Everyone who reg'ed for simucon, is getting to go to ebons a weak early, and have special merchants and such.

Doyle Hargraves
06-24-2005, 05:19 PM
There was a rumor that this will be the last one,

Judging by Simu's whining about the crasher:registrered ratio on the official boards a few months back, I wouldn't be surprised.

theotherjohn
06-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Attendance was in a word, pathetic. There were only like 75 people registered for GemStone.

I would call 75 an accurate snapshot of the entire GS player base

Doyle Hargraves
06-24-2005, 05:24 PM
74 of which are accounts being run by Tsin.

hectomaner
06-24-2005, 06:26 PM
ROAR!!!!!!!!

http://www.gemstonejunk.com/simucon05/100_0242.JPG

[Edited on 6-24-2005 by hectomaner]

Artha
06-24-2005, 06:51 PM
That is a big fucking picture.

hectomaner
06-24-2005, 07:33 PM
oh shit, you are right. will scale down when i get home.

looks like porcell is giving the universal 'sucking dick' motion there too

peam
06-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Must be his frat's secret signal.

Artha
06-24-2005, 07:35 PM
just change the img tag to [img=widthxlength]

SpunGirl
06-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Ew. Ew ew ew. Anyway.

I posted that I'd pay $100 for a GM-discussions / seminar-only ticket, I heard the roundtable discussions that they did this year were really good. What I won't pay for is the keynote dinner... it was a big disappointment last year. I have more fun just going to dinner in a big group with the people I want to hang out with, anyway.

-K

Doyle Hargraves
06-25-2005, 02:14 PM
I always wanted to poke Porcell's head with a pin just to see if it deflates and sends him randomly flying all over the place like a balloon.

ElanthianSiren
06-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Ew. Ew ew ew. Anyway.

I posted that I'd pay $100 for a GM-discussions / seminar-only ticket, I heard the roundtable discussions that they did this year were really good. What I won't pay for is the keynote dinner... it was a big disappointment last year. I have more fun just going to dinner in a big group with the people I want to hang out with, anyway.

-K

I had 0% fun the year I went to simucon. Meeting Rubyjoy and a few people was cool, but the demerits of simucon for me are:

1. Drunk people. I'd rather be with people who are flying high on crack cocaine than drunk people.

2. Too many people. I am very easily overwhelmed if there are too many people around me.

3. People touching me. Everytime someone went for my nametag without asking first, I wanted to go for their throat. 4 foot rule.

4. By the time i went, 2001, the population dynamics of GS had changed to the point that I knew only a few people there (Though seeing Chandani was awesome :) ).

Those things considered, I ended up not socializing much at all, not playing in the game room, and just generally not having fun. I think big groups of intoxicated people just aren't for me, or I would try it again.

-Melissa

06-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I really wouldn't call that a problem with the Simucon, but more yourself.

- Arkans

ElanthianSiren
06-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
I really wouldn't call that a problem with the Simucon, but more yourself.

- Arkans

LOL If enjoying intoxication and pawing by random strangers is what it takes to be "normal", I'm proud to be abnormal.

-Melissa

Mikare
06-25-2005, 06:35 PM
This year would have been perfect for you then! There were some new faces but mostly people from former Simucons were there, people you are likely to have played the game with for years.

Mikare

Originally posted by ElanthianSiren

Ew. Ew ew ew. Anyway.

-K

I had 0% fun the year I went to simucon. Meeting Rubyjoy and a few people was cool, but the demerits of simucon for me are:

1. Drunk people. I'd rather be with people who are flying high on crack cocaine than drunk people.

2. Too many people. I am very easily overwhelmed if there are too many people around me.

3. People touching me. Everytime someone went for my nametag without asking first, I wanted to go for their throat. 4 foot rule.

4. By the time i went, 2001, the population dynamics of GS had changed to the point that I knew only a few people there (Though seeing Chandani was awesome :) ).

Those things considered, I ended up not socializing much at all, not playing in the game room, and just generally not having fun. I think big groups of intoxicated people just aren't for me, or I would try it again.

-Melissa

ElanthianSiren
06-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Mikare
This year would have been perfect for you then! There were some new faces but mostly people from former Simucons were there, people you are likely to have played the game with for years.

Mikare

Sweet :) Yah, 75 probably wouldn't have made me freak too much. I just can't do situations like 15 people in an elevator etc. Also, last time I went, I went with my now ex. Maybe next year if they have it and if attendance stays low.

-Melissa

SpunGirl
06-26-2005, 02:45 AM
I think the trick, Melissa, is to scale it down a bit. I don't think the idea of "cliques" is something fantastic, but over the last six - ish gathers I've been to, my friends and I have developed a kind of cohesive group where we're comfortable rooming together, drinking together, dining together, whatever. The only time I think it's bad is when people get really exclusionary and are like, "omg we r (xxxx) group." We're not like that.

-K