PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2

Neildo
06-20-2005, 01:31 PM
So who's played the demo, who's getting it tomorrow/Wednesday, and whatcha think? It's freakin awesome. :)

- N

Makkah
06-20-2005, 01:37 PM
If I get my new computer set up by tomorrow, I'll buy it. Definitely getting it sometime soon, looks kickass.

Sean of the Thread
06-20-2005, 02:49 PM
I've played the demo for hours on end.. fucking awesome. Great new features..playability..graphics... Anyways I won't be getting it quite yet as it time for me to go homeless manana. Power should be shutting off any minute hehehe.

Numbers
06-20-2005, 04:38 PM
I'll probably wait until it hits the bargain bin. It's meant to be a team-based game, but on almost every server I go on, you've still got the same lackwits camping the airstrip so they can get a plane/chopper, and the same people who still hop in a jeep and drive away, leaving three people behind to hoof it on foot. Or my favorite, the people who use tanks as taxis.

Plus, I've been getting annoying lag with BF2. I'm on cable, and even on servers that have a ping less than 50, whenever I'm sniping, I get a lot of lag choppiness.

Wezas
06-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 3704558
Plus, I've been getting annoying lag with BF2. I'm on cable, and even on servers that have a ping less than 50, whenever I'm sniping, I get a lot of lag choppiness.

That's an Anti-camper feature.:saint:

Anyone played Battlefield Vietnam? I just downloaded it the other night and it looks pretty decent.

Sean of the Thread
06-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by 3704558

That's an Anti-camper feature.:saint:

Anyone played Battlefield Vietnam? I just downloaded it the other night and it looks pretty decent.

Yeah I played BFV for awhile but it got boring. My favorite has been BF1942 Forgotten hope mod.. awesome. BF2 is shaping out to be bad ass.

kheldarin
06-20-2005, 06:36 PM
I would buy it if I didn't suck so much in online shooters. I got the demo, played the single player and thought to myself, "wow, that was fun, let me try multiplayer."

The second I get in the game, I get killed. Rinse, repeat.

So yeah, I'm uh, downloading the full version now for it's singleplayer even though I heard it sucks.

Neildo
06-21-2005, 04:37 AM
For the lag, you need to disable shadows as EA said they're buggy and also you should drop texture filtering to low. This game is a huge RAM hog as well. I have a good machine yet I have everything at medium, AA at 4x, and texture filtering at low.

And if you're not good at shooting, don't play the role of infantry. Hop in a tank and deal some serious damage while having a nice protective shell over yourself. Or learn to fly planes or helicopters or even play as commander sending squads to various spots, ordering artillery strikes, sending out drones, dropping supply crates, and scanning satellite images for enemies. You can just hide out somewhere in safety and do that.

- N

Makkah
07-11-2005, 12:14 PM
This game's fun... but boy do I fucking suck. Bought it like Friday and have since only gotten like 20 kills... lol

anyone else still play?

Revalos
07-11-2005, 06:19 PM
I'm in a clan and I play fairly regularly. Although the current patch fuckup doesn't help the situation. I probably won't get any playing time for a while until my clan's server decides to work properly.

I got nutty on BF42, and joined a clan during BFV's timeframe. Clan fighting is a thousand times better than sitting on public servers with no teamplay.

Overall, the game looks pretty solid. There are going to be some nice mods on the way (especially the FH mod for it...that will be awesome), and once they patch the damn netcode and get the ranked servers working, we'll have a BF42 calibre game. Till then as a casual gamer...I'd play the demo and wait for the real game to drop in price. You ain't missing much.

Neildo
07-24-2005, 11:12 PM
What's your game name, Makkah? Mine's SneakyLilBastard. Let's game sometime.

- N

Makkah
07-24-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm Ibn_al-Makkah. But i really suck... need to get it all figured out. Still haven't figured parachuting out, heh

Androidpk
07-25-2005, 10:18 AM
To parachute, as soon as you are free falling just start jamming the 9 key and it will eventually open.

If you jump out of a high altitude jet/helicopter you get the airborn ribbon.

Neildo
07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
You just gotta wait until your gun disappears from view and then hit the parachute key once. Most people say to hit it rapidly immediately after jumping because they don't know about the weapon disappear delay. I guess it simulates putting your weapon away so you can reach the cords or something.

- N

Makkah
07-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Ah. See I was trying to parachute off fairly low buildings. The ones in that kickass ME level with the huge city.

Androidpk
07-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Strike at Karkand? Best map in the game.

ps - If you didn't already know, the stats server was hacked, and a ton of people now have all their weapons unlocked. EA is supposed to be fixing it as soon as they can so try the new weapons out while you still can. :P

[Edited on 7-26-2005 by Androidpk]

Revalos
07-26-2005, 11:40 PM
EA has really screwed up on this game. They obviously rushed it out with things left incomplete that were present in freaking BF42 3 years ago!

Then they patch it and screw it up more and have to repatch it. Then someone figures out that e-penis envy sells and made those rediculous stats signature boxes that crashed EA's stats server on several occasions. Then they announce a god damn EXPANSION PACK before the original game is even stable!

Of course, then there was the hacking or whatever that happened yesterday and was fixed earlier by just blocking everyone from playing the game at all (even single player).

Now, everyone is waiting for this amazing 1.03 patch that has a bajillion fixes and cures cancer. I'm sorry...but to me...when I see 1.03 instead of 1.1 I know that we aren't talking about improvements to what they had originally designed for the game...we're still talking about moving the game towards what 1.0 should have freaking been.

Add to this drama the fact that my computer melted down so I can't even play the game. I'll be jonesing so bad for my BF fix that when I get my PC back up, I'll probably be right there with the fanboys licking EA's balls for fixing maybe 4 things in this new patch, while breaking 6 others.

Makkah
07-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Sounds like they hooked at least one user, you. This means they're doing something right. In closing, shut the fuck up and cool down. It IS a game.

Sean of the Thread
07-27-2005, 02:50 AM
The game rocks... Every game has issues at launch.

If you ever see Pooho in any BF game.. RUN because I will punk joo!!!

Showal
07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
I can't get it to work. It tells me to select a squad to join, but I can't see anything or my cursor.

Revalos
07-27-2005, 06:12 PM
If we all shut the fuck up about games we are hooked on, would this BBS even exist?

I don't deny the game itself rocks either, it does rock, but the idiotic EA created problems are reducing the potential playerbase, therefore reducing support to the game. See BFV for an example of that, especially compared to BF42. I'd rather not be sitting around waiting for the next $50 game when they could just be patching the existing one.

Showal, it appears that you can get into the game, but then have problems once in a match? I'd suggest going into your video settings and changing some of the things to see if your cursor comes back. I've never heard of that particular problem however.

Showal
07-27-2005, 11:46 PM
ive fiddled around with the video settings, i have a 128 mb ati radeon 9000, so I dont think it's my computer. Who knows. I probably have to reinstall it.

Revalos
07-28-2005, 05:17 PM
That, scarily enough, is kind of low end for BF2. What settings are you running at? All low? If so, try going to a different screen resolution like 800x600 and try again.

I had a 9800 Pro and the game ran pretty jerkily most of the time on 32+ player servers.

Sean of the Thread
07-28-2005, 05:25 PM
I ran it on a 9800 pro 3ghz hyperthreaded p4 with only 1gig of ddr goodstuff at 1280x960 and it was perfect for me. But then I see people with newer cards, faster procs and 2gig mem that can't get it to cook at all.

Showal
07-28-2005, 05:28 PM
yeah my comp's a hyperthreaded 3.2 ghz p4 with over 1 gig of good memory. I was thinking it might have something to do with my laptop being a 17" widescreen.

Makkah
07-28-2005, 08:08 PM
I flashed my 9800 pro to an XT and gained about 1000+ points from 3dmark03 :-D

BF2 runs fairly well... sometimes jerky but I attribute that to my 2.4 processor. Got 1 gig and the 9800 XT. Anyone selling a 3.0+ processor for cheap?

Makkah
08-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Alright... Anyone still play? I've almost unlocked my first weapon (support). Hit me up if you wanna get together and squad.

Makkah R - AIM
Ibn_al-Makkah - game name

GSLady17
08-10-2005, 04:36 PM
lol. My boyfriend has a friend who is married with four kids. We go over to his once in a while and play BF all night. I remember it was 9 in the morning and we are driving home after playing all night. I saw a flag and was like ahhhhhhhhhhh battlefield flag.

I don't play it on my own even though we have it...but it's fun as hell to play with 4 others in one room.

Neildo
08-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Alright... Anyone still play? I've almost unlocked my first weapon (support). Hit me up if you wanna get together and squad.

Makkah R - AIM
Ibn_al-Makkah - game name

Yeah, I'm up for some. I haven't played it in a couple weeks though as I've been addicted to the Dungeon Siege II demo. Full version is coming out on the 16th. Hit me up at chosen001, Rhett.

- N

Androidpk
08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
I still play thought not as much when it first came out. I'm about 3k points away from corporal.

aim - andrdpk (i think :?:)
bf2 name - andy

Revalos
08-13-2005, 11:25 PM
I'm finally able to play it again after melting down my previous computer. With my new x800 XL graphics card and a 64 bit processor, BF2 runs like a dream now.

The only problem is that the clan I play in got all serious while my computer was down. Now they are holding practices and shit and I'm not sure how I feel about "practicing" for something like a FPS. Oh well...no worse than the RP gestapo sometimes got in GS.

Sean of the Thread
08-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Revalos
I'm finally able to play it again after melting down my previous computer. With my new x800 XL graphics card and a 64 bit processor, BF2 runs like a dream now.

The only problem is that the clan I play in got all serious while my computer was down. Now they are holding practices and shit and I'm not sure how I feel about "practicing" for something like a FPS. Oh well...no worse than the RP gestapo sometimes got in GS.

I've been in serious clans for Tribes on up. Practice is essential for any FPS on a competing level.