PDA

View Full Version : What's with the air!?

Asha
06-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Over the past few days it's been so hot I haven't been able to breath. I swear it's getting nuts.
Last night a localised lightning storm crapped out the entire power grid I live in.
Just at the moment we put a DVD on, too.
Instead I had to drink wine and play cards, till 4 am.
Just to keep cool.
I hate summer.

Miss X
06-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Yeah... This sucks. I want British weather back.

Last night I had to open every bloody window in the entire house to try and create some kind of breeze, THEN I wake up at 6am because the sun is beaming down on my face and its too hot. :(

Ebondale
06-18-2005, 05:36 AM
What area are you in, Drayal? It has been like 73 degrees and clear skies around Anchorage, Alaska.

Asha
06-18-2005, 05:41 AM
Heh, bit far from Alaska man.
Although I'd give anything to live there.

Up north.
Sunny Englandville for me.

HarmNone
06-18-2005, 05:58 AM
Ish. I know that's got to be miserable! You Brits hardly ever have to deal with that sort of thing. I hope it hasn't been humid, too.

Asha
06-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Humid!
It's so bad, it feels like there's no oxygen.

We're such wimps when it comes to actual heat.
:bye:

Ebondale
06-18-2005, 06:10 AM
Don't ever go to Mississippi during the summertime, my friend. :) I spent a year there and even having been used to humidity it was freaking horrible.

Asha
06-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Ebondale
Don't ever go to Mississippi during the summertime, my friend. :) I spent a year there and even having been used to humidity it was freaking horrible.

Noted.

Besides. The heat is different in England.
It's sweaty, grey, miserable and suffocating.
But still wouldn't have liked to have been you, through that.
Ew.

Ebondale
06-18-2005, 06:36 AM
I've spent some time in London in the past, though it wasn't really during the summertime. I just remember the weather being... somewhat dreary? Loved being there, though.

Alaska is pretty unique in that it has so many different ecosystems in it. In the past few weeks I have been on a tundra, a temperate rain forest, on the water surrounded by icebergs, and on a glacier.

I know that "can't breathe from the choking humidity" feeling, though. The kind of feeling where when you walk outside you almost feel as though you are walking through a hot swimming pool because of the way the air feels around you.

Sucks bad!

Miss X
06-18-2005, 06:47 AM
On the bright side though... BBQ TIME! Yay!

Ebondale
06-18-2005, 06:55 AM
Word.

Skirmisher
06-18-2005, 08:13 AM
We may have to ship a pallet of air conditioners to our Brit members.

Such rookies when it comes to heat they are.

Heat has them all looking like this>>> :drunk:

Asha
06-18-2005, 08:18 AM
:help:

Shalla
06-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Ugh, I am so hating canada's weather right now. It changes in a matter of days or even hours, and we don't even have time to adapt.. hot humid, cold breezy, rain humid, hot. 3 days ago it was sooo humid hot it was 29 degrees c, with the humidex at 32. The central air conditioning in my house was blasting at full, and it's still hot I had to get the electric fan. Then 2 days later it was 13 degrees c, and it was cold, and it's summer time! .. then now there's a lightning storm, with twister warnings. le sigh.

Parkbandit
06-18-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Drayal
Over the past few days it's been so hot I haven't been able to breath. I swear it's getting nuts.

GLOBAL WARMING! YOU CAN THANK THE AMERICAN CAPITALIST SYSTEM FOR FUCKING UP YOUR WEATHER.

:lol:

Sean of the Thread
06-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

GLOBAL WARMING! YOU CAN THANK THE AMERICAN CAPITALIST SYSTEM FOR FUCKING UP YOUR WEATHER.

HEHEHEH.. Seriously where I and PB reside it has been 100% humid for weeks on end.. its a hot mutha here this year.

Asha
06-18-2005, 08:37 AM
But you're not supposed to be able to grow oranges in Wakefield, England.

Miss X
06-18-2005, 08:39 AM
British weather should work like this:

Rain.
No rain.

There should be no HOT HOT SUN involved!! ;)

Ebondale
06-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Yeah, thank me and my gas-guzzling Jeep! I'm such an American that I drink fossil fuels for breakfast and crap toxic waste into the oceans! Go me. :lol:

Sometimes I just go outside and spray aerosol cans at the sky just to watch the o-zone layer vanish before my eyes! :saint:

Asha
06-18-2005, 08:54 AM
:lol: Ebondale

You're one of the rare varieties of new poster, who I like.
Kudos.

[Edited on 6-18-2005 by Drayal]

Sean of the Thread
06-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Hhaha.. but in reality it is only second hand smoke that contributes to global warming and depletion of the ozone.

Parkbandit
06-18-2005, 10:11 AM
I was using my cleaning duster - pressurized air duster for my keyboard this morning.. smiling to myself in an evil way.

Then I read the fucking thing and it said OZONE FRIENDLY. WTF!? How the fuck am I doing my evil Republican duty for ruining the environment and causing global warming if I am using that?

:rant:

06-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Come to Tacoma Washington. It's been 50's and raining for the last 4 months

CrystalTears
06-18-2005, 10:16 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/Jemah/sohot.jpg

Gan
06-18-2005, 10:22 AM
I had to fly to Phoenix for a few days this week and I was able to revel in the nice 105 -108 degree weather. When I noted this to the local natives I got the same scripted response.. "But its a dry heat".

WTF does it matter if its dry or wet when its over 100 degrees? I think the sun has baked some grey matter out there.

I live in Houston where it does hit 100's in August with 98% humidity and you know what? The last thing I think of is the relative humidity when the temp hits triple digits. When the outside temp is over 100 I keep my ass indoors. If its a golf day then I'm teeing off at about 6:30 am when the temperature is only mid 80's.

Ebondale
06-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Ganalon
I had to fly to Phoenix for a few days this week and I was able to revel in the nice 105 -108 degree weather. When I noted this to the local natives I got the same scripted response.. "But its a dry heat".

WTF does it matter if its dry or wet when its over 100 degrees? I think the sun has baked some grey matter out there.

I live in Houston where it does hit 100's in August with 98% humidity and you know what? The last thing I think of is the relative humidity when the temp hits triple digits. When the outside temp is over 100 I keep my ass indoors. If its a golf day then I'm teeing off at about 6:30 am when the temperature is only mid 80's.

Oh, believe me. Dry or wet heat matters a great deal. Spend a day in Phoenix, AZ then spend a day in Biloxi, MS. There is a HUGE difference in how the heat feels between the two places. Between how dirty it makes you feel...

Kyra
06-18-2005, 10:35 AM

I so can't wait to until I get moved to Texas... :heart:

58 outside right now & supposed to be 80+ on monday...I can't stand Michigan.

K.

Kainen
06-18-2005, 10:39 AM
I love Tahoe summer weather, rarely gets over 95 and no humidity. But right now it's chilly and rainy outside.

Sean of the Thread
06-18-2005, 10:54 AM

Humidity makes it 10x worse... I'd take dry heat ANY day.

CrystalTears
06-18-2005, 11:05 AM
Me too. Humidity totally sucks.

I remember when I went on a family trip through the west coast and we stopped at Death Valley. Heh. It was 105 degrees outside and dry. It felt like you opened the oven door, that kind of intense heat.

We went to our room, I changed into my bathing suit and said I'd return in an hour. Most people there were just sitting in the water, barely moving, just lying in the water getting cooled off. I walked to my room and from the pool to the room, I was dry again. They thought I just roamed around for an hour. Not! :D

In Miami, in a regular 80 degree day, the humidity makes it feel at least 90. You sweat, feel uncomfortable, stick to the leather.. yuck yuck yuck. I hate the heat but I hate humidity much more.

Mistomeer
06-18-2005, 11:17 AM
It's so miserable here in the summer. Earlier in the week it was around 94 with 100% humidity. I don't think it can get much worse than that. I'll take a dry heat over this suffocating shit any day.

peam
06-18-2005, 11:17 AM
I hate Summer.
Stupid 10 day forecast. (http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=24426&from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_un declared)

[Edited on 6-18-2005 by peam]

Vixen
06-18-2005, 11:32 AM
The last week or so here in NC its been sticky hot, at least where I am. I hate the humid laden air thats so thick you can't breathe. SO naturally I've been keeping my pregnant self inside with the air on arctic, so as not to subject anyone I know to how I get dealing with the hot humid 96 degree weather with the heat index of 106... wtf is up with that anyhow.
I definitely miss the dry heat of SoCal compared to this

TheRoseLady
06-18-2005, 11:45 AM
65 degrees here and partly cloudy - highs in the mid 70's.

Supposed to be nice until next weekend when it's going to rain.

Bad thing about Ohio is that we feel the extremes sometimes in a 24 hour period.

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 01:05 PM
The English moan about the heat.

They moan about the cold.
They moan about the sun.
They moan about the rain.
If it snows, it's the wrong kind of snow
And don't mention the leaves...

The English just like moaning about the weather.

Asha
06-18-2005, 01:10 PM
I thought you were English Nien.

Or are you still not talking to me?
:)