PDA

View Full Version : Interested in buying a World Of Warcraft account? 4 great characters...

Aenstaas
06-18-2005, 07:25 PM
I am not sure if the admin here would spazz if I listed a World Of Warcraft account for sale? I have a great account that my hubby and I started release day.

There is a:

Human Priestess lvl 60
Nightelf Fem Hunter lvl 32

Dwarven Male Hunter lvl 51
Human Male Rogue lvl 38

I have some great gear etc and will be happy to send more info your way if you wana email me at Jamikissezs@comcast.net or aim at Jamikissezs or Jamikissez

:D

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=15529&page=#pid384018

Edited to include PC/Blizzard disclaimer.

[Edited on 6/19/2005 by CrystalTears]

HarmNone
06-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Heh. I won't spaz at all, hon. Perhaps someone here will be interested. :)

allen
06-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Harmnone rulez!

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 07:57 PM
What server and what price?

allen
Had this been posted on the officials, they'd probably ban your character. :grr:

Hips
I wish you could sell separate characters... I hate playing my 60 priestess now. :(

HarmNone
06-18-2005, 08:00 PM
I really have nothing to say about this. I don't play WOW, and am unfamiliar with Blizzard's rules and regulations. The poster is, I assume. Therefore, if there are rules against selling characters, the poster may be taking a risk by posting a character for sale here. Whether or not to take that risk is up to the poster.

Nieninque
06-18-2005, 08:08 PM
All she has to do is make sure the info she posts here isnt tracked back to her account.

Having said that, Im sure Blizzard dont read these boards...fantastic as they are

Aenstaas
06-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Thank you for the ok on this really. The reason I wanted to stay away from Ebay was precisely the chance they may bust me. I will of course try to keep the info here as confidential as possible to protect my account there for myself and any hopefuls out there.

I am currently making a nice lil advertisement complete with some pics and info on all players and gear on my account. I suck sooo bad at doing anything on the computer unless its as easy as cut and paste and even then sometimes I scare myself. :lol:

Looking at ebay level 60 characters go anywhere from 200-350 bucks depending on the class and gear etc. I was looking to sale the whole darn account with the four characters for around 400 bucks.

The two characters over 40 levels have their mounts. I have about 20 gold on my characters not sure how much my hubby has.

Priestess is a master tailor and skinner. She has SEVERAL great patterns that are hard to find or expensive to buy.

The two male characters are on Uther and the two females are on Cenarion Circle servers.

Xcalibur
06-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I've sold my account, no big deal...

It's a huge "HEY DON'T GET CAUGHT" sign... nothing more.

Shalla
06-20-2005, 09:10 AM
I wonder if Simu would implement the same policy, or if it's already a policy.. if they would enforce it.

edit: I'm not sure if has made the game less fun though, since it's easier for anybody to get an item by paying cash.. rather than hunting.

[Edited on 6-20-2005 by Lady Shalla]

Anebriated
06-20-2005, 10:00 AM
It has been in Simu's policy for many years that characters are not to be sold. Hence why when people sell them they add the disclaimer at the bottom stating that they are selling the time it took to get the character to its position and not the character itself. Just a loophole but there is really no way to stop all character sales in any game.

CrystalTears
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Has anyone heard of someone being banned or characters/items deleted because they were sold for real money?

Parkbandit
06-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Has anyone heard of someone being banned or characters/items deleted because they were sold for real money?

Not in GS.. but in WoW it's happened.

06-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
I've sold my account, no big deal...

It's a huge "HEY DON'T GET CAUGHT" sign... nothing more.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Xcalibur has it right. I guess it was bound to happen eventually, but I'm still floored.

:scared:

AkMan
06-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears

I've never heard heard of anyone getting in trouble in GS for selling characters/items fo real money. A big step if simu was serious about enforcing it is to discontinue character transfers....That's a huge character selling tool and a viable way for simu to curttail the practice. Granted, you could still sell entire accounts but that would probably drive market prices down.

Bottom line is this ... if simu enforced it then that would cost them ALOT of money. People move on, play other games. Hell I haven't played GS in like 3 or 4 years, but I bet the character I created is still running around paying his monthly fee.

As far as WoW goes, Blizzard supposedly has taken an aggressive stance towards this and if you are caught you will be warned/banned. Sounds like they are using Ebay to bust people. It's not hard for a Blizzard employee to purchase items for cash from ebay then ban the seller.

Showal
06-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah, Simu charges 15 bucks for a character transfer ... they'd never give that up.

Anebriated
06-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I have been out of GS for awhile and Elrodin is still running around. Last I heard anyway.

edit: so is my sorc now that I think about it. And I sold my sorc a good year before I got rid of Elrodin.

[Edited on 6-20-2005 by Elrodin]

Lomoriond
06-20-2005, 10:40 PM
>>>
8. Selling of Items.

Remember, at the outset of these Terms of Use, where we discussed how you were "licensed" the right to use World of Warcraft, and that your license was "limited"? Well, here is one of the more important areas where these license limitations come into effect. Note that Blizzard Entertainment either owns, or has exclusively licensed, all of the content which appears in World of Warcraft. Therefore, no one has the right to "sell" Blizzard Entertainment's content, except Blizzard Entertainment! So Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize any property claims outside of World of Warcraft or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything related to World of Warcraft. Accordingly, you may not sell items for "real" money or exchange items outside of World of Warcraft.
>>>
This looks like one of those dual meaning agreement contracts. Where it says "don't screw up cause we aren't going to fix it if you do" while in the same instance it says "don't do it at all"

If they intended for you to NEVER buy or sell outside the game, they would have forgone this entire blurb and just said "If you choose to buy or sell... we'll ban you"

The last line is just to cover their own asses so they can say "you violated pharagraph 1, line 6, section 8 of our terms of use" and have completel legal rights to ban you.

I don't think they are going to ban an account that has been sold UNLESS its disruptive, and not only would they be losing the $15 a month from that account, they'd be losing the overhead costs of having to create a system to track and enforce these "rules"

So i'm willing to bet they only ban the people who do it stupidly (and are disruptive)

But, that said, I always needed two different lawyers whenever I got a new contract... the 2nd one was to give me the entire thing again in "law for dummies"

"If at any time the contracting party (henceforth known as Party A) so chooses to break the contract with the contractee (henceforth known as Party B) they shall be responsible for full monetary reimbursement.. blah blah blah"

And lawyer number 2 (henceforth known as "Dummy dude" says:

Don't fuck this up, or you have to pay them back.

I love the Law
And the law won!