PDA

View Full Version : Who ever let this one slide...

06-03-2005, 11:06 AM
should lose their job

You hear the subdued thoughts of Sonorus echo in your mind:
"Selling braided elven warsatchel adorned with a primitive Celtic buckle (Holds Large weighs 5, shoulderworn) 700k flat"

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by The Vagrant]

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 11:07 AM
That alter is older than yours and mine time in GS put together.

06-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Been around alot longer than you think, and policy has been the same since pre AOL days...

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Well unless you're a total newbie then yes it has. And you're wrong the altering policy wasn't the same in pre AOL.

06-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Its not on altering its on using RL cultures in GS, ICE had it in their policy not to use these just as SIMU does.

Celtic is like saying I have a fucking German ale stein.

Just in case you think i'm a newb, this is the old Kneo and yes I was a GH...

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Interesting you say it had policies considering there were WORSE items including latin items and other cultures symbols from our world. If you're so familiar with the rules you should realize whoever the fuck made that item is probably long gone.

Gan
06-03-2005, 11:22 AM
I've got a highlander crest on me somewhere. But that alter was made back in 98.

CrystalTears
06-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Kneo! :heart:

06-03-2005, 11:26 AM
I was unaware it was an old alter, and items generally get pulled or are forced to switch the wordy when publically sold.

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 11:27 AM
the fact of the matter is that altering has always been at the disgression of the GM doing the work and his/her QC'er. Before GS had a stringent language policy, you were able to get items made in French, Latin etc. Before GS had a stringent culture policy, you were able to get celtic knots.

Now, those items could be remade as some people who find and "restore" horrid alterations have taken to doing or they can exist. Either way, it's a symptom of the poor planning that went into GS back in the day and not the responsibility of the players to feel bad about it or incite a riot over a GM who has probably been gone for 5+ years.

Big deal; you were a GH.

-Melissa

edited to ditch a mirror sig of my name. I should really proofread my posts.

[Edited on Fri, June rd, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Heh, yea I'm back, kinda. Was hestitate to post here again (or any forum other than the official) because it takes alot away from the enjoyment of GS and it seems like everyone has something prove...

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by The Vagrant
I was unaware it was an old alter, and items generally get pulled or are forced to switch the wordy when publically sold.

Its a very, very old alter as far I'm aware.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM
And Melissa pretty much said it better than I could. Go girl.

Overlord
06-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah but people still get away with bullshit alters. Like making something look sinister or some such thing. Its really up to the observer if its sinister is it not?.

Tsunami
06-03-2005, 11:36 AM
who cares? :shrug:

06-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Point being, it should be pulled as its not surfacing and fixed.

Second point being people here lack respect and quite frankly are quite rude.

But then again everyone has to prove something here.

Also just to point out, words such as French/Greek/Gaelic/English/Chinese/Japanese etc were never aloud into an actual alter.

And if you knew the kind of work GHs have to do for FREE you would have a little more respect. Many of those NPCs you interact with, are in fact GHs

Overlord
06-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Smack it to em :deadhorse:

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Why should they be pulled and fixed? Because you don't like them? Where do you draw the line then? At what is and isn't OOC?

Why exactly SHOULD I respect you? Because you were a GH? Hell Bevan is a GH. Just because you can do free work for the GMs doesn't mean shit to me.

And yes, there are items with references to this world in it. Celtic being one of them.

I'm well aware of the NPCs that are played by GH's. Most of them are not the ones I interact with.

Overlord
06-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Oh dude!! You mean there are things called steins and mugs and what not in this world.....Stray you've got to be shitting me!!

You know those people that run around and observe something odd, like a typo or something in their opinion that is slightly askew...and report it....are you one of these people?

On a side note.......what are we trying to prove? :rant::rant:

06-03-2005, 11:52 AM
They break policy, not because I don't like them. Who the fuck cares when it was made. those neck pouches that held alot got changed 2 years later.

I can give a fuck if you respect anyone or not, reading the last couple posts by you, its not like you ever have anything good to say to anyone or anything, you complain worse than a 12 year girl when 90210 got canceled.

DeV
06-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Overlord
Yeah but people still get away with bullshit alters. Exactly... alters, names, disruptive behavior.... endless shit. I've been guilty of it myself in the past. (name only)

I see where Vagrant is coming from, but then again, you only have staff to blame for allowing these things to slip by unchecked. I think that is who he was placing blame on with his initial post.
:shrug:

06-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Correct Dev, but like i also said. Everyone wants to be the center of attention and prove something, so lets all run around like we got a 10" cock stuck up our asses and our panties are in a bunch...

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 12:06 PM

Also just to point out, words such as French/Greek/Gaelic/English/Chinese/Japanese etc were never aloud into an actual alter.

And if you knew the kind of work GHs have to do for FREE you would have a little more respect. Many of those NPCs you interact with, are in fact GHs

Point 1: Then I'm sure a GM somewhere will pull it; frankly, I find your demand that overworked staff do more work then your argument that nobody appreciates them a little amusing.

Point 2: People are rude because they don't agree with you? Or people are rude because they don't bend down to kiss your ass for being staff in training years ago? -Please clarify the point.

Languages: Allowed. -And you missed my point. You could get items with those languages in them. How ooc or ic an item was was subject to interperitation before "english" was the "official language" of Elanthia. -Not that I find "A celtic knot" to be the best alteration ever, I simply wouldn't waste staff's time with it. Instead, I'd buy it and re-alter it.

Last Bs point: Sorry buddy, but I've staffed other games and I don't expect to be the be all end all of their policies because of it. Further, most games DON"T pay you to staff, so step off your moral high ground. I also don't expect to be able to publically snipe at their staff because of it. Staffing in and of itself is a thankless activity. The best thanks you get is to come back and see something (systems/stories/items/areas/code etc) that you created still there years later.

-Melissa

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:07 PM
You're the one complaining here, you stupid little moron. The fact of the matter is you are painfully unaware of the alteration rules or policies. If you were you'd realize that they change on a nearly yearly basis. If you were aware you'd also know that a celtic item like that would be not be made in the current GS environment.

As for respect: I'll give it to people who know wtf they are talking about and don't pull the old "I've been here for years so I'm hot shit" reposte such as you did. The fact you boasted about being a GH is only indicative of how useless that particular service is these days considering the ignorance you are displaying as to a simple policy concerning alteration guidlines.

Overlord
06-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Damn it woman, you take all the fun out of flaming

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Damn it woman, you take all the fun out of flaming

Heh I hope you're talking to me. My ex used to say that to me all the time "Damn it woman!!!" -- still makes my heart go pitter patter (he was Scottish). :heart:

-Melissa

Hulkein
06-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Why should they be pulled and fixed?

Because it's an illegal alter?

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein

Why should they be pulled and fixed?

Because it's an illegal alter?

Then get ready to pull thousands of alters then, smartass. According to the rules, which change all the time btw, most the alters in the game would be pulled.

Hulkein
06-03-2005, 12:15 PM
As for respect: I'll give it to people who know wtf they are talking about and don't pull the old "I've been here for years so I'm hot shit" reposte such as you did. The fact you boasted about being a GH is only indicative of how useless that particular service is these days considering the ignorance you are displaying as to a simple policy concerning alteration guidlines.

In his defense, you did call into question how long he'd been playing before he said anything about it.

If you say 'that pouch is older than you and me put together,' the responder is usually going to say how long they've been playing.

Overlord
06-03-2005, 12:16 PM
I myself have a few that would be pulled. Besides, if you want to get into pulling alters, well hell.....lets pull all illegal items and butchered names as well. We'll start our own little narking club.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Yes, but he used it as some form of weapon. The point is its an old, old item. You can probably count on one hand the people in game who still play from that time period.

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 12:17 PM
JUST FOR THE RECORD:

I'm arrogant and rude but have nothing to prove. Dumbass.

Hulkein
06-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Then get ready to pull thousands of alters then, smartass.

Wasn't trying to be a smartass... And I don't work for Simu, so I don't have to get ready to pull anything.

Fact of the matter is, something Celtic isn't some small violation of the alteration policy. As the Vagrant said, it's like having a German Stein, or a British tri-cornered hat.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I suppose you should ban Celtic the player then. The point is where do you draw the line? I'm very interested in where you think OOC and IC should be seperated because theres some very blurry items and references in game. Or you could stop trying to shit on everyone of my threads?

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 12:20 PM
I myself have a few that would be pulled. Besides, if you want to get into pulling alters, well hell.....lets pull all illegal items and butchered names as well. We'll start our own little narking club.

one of my characters has an entire scroll in French (a loveletter from the Vrael witch saga), one of Laranna's old alterations (sentimental) with celtic knot on the wax seal etc. You are correct; there would be an insane number of items to recall, and aside from the most blatant cases, it would be the same problem that created them (it would be subject to personal interperitation).

I feel staff does an awesome job allowing folks who are uncomfortable with their OWN items to change them. All you need do is assist if it's horridly out of genre.

-Melissa

Hulkein
06-03-2005, 12:21 PM
<< Or you could stop trying to shit on everyone of my threads? >>

Forget even debating it if you think I'm on some personal crusade against you.

I'll just leave on this,

1 - It's not your thread.

2 - What other thread of yours have I shit on?

Sorry I didn't agree with your zeal in attacking this guy.

A Celtic sack is stupid, against their current policy, and should be changed.

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by Hulkein]

Overlord
06-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Props to Melissa
But then again....what if we don't want to end this peacefully :flames:

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
(it would be subject to personal interperitation).

Totally. If people want to be totally stupid about it most the weapons would go. No more tabars, estocs, naginatas, zweihanders and 99% of other weapons as they are all named after RL countries arms. Same with clothing and alot of other stuff.

If the person here in question has a problem with the item though, he is free to buy it and do an assist. I'm sure they'll change it for him.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
<< Or you could stop trying to shit on everyone of my threads? >>

Forget even debating it if you think I'm on some personal crusade against you.

Debating? I've never seen you have a debate before. All I've ever seen is you being a complete retard.

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Props to Melissa
But then again....what if we don't want to end this peacefully :flames:

Then unleash the dogs of war, sweetums :P

-Melissa

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 12:27 PM

The item is not likely to be fixed unless is is brought to an alterer for changes, and that alterer recognizes the problem with the item. Staff is not spending its time looking around for items that don't belong. It would be impossible for them to do so.

Also...I am not rude. (Well, I'm not rude often. ;) )

06-03-2005, 12:28 PM
First I want to say "Nice come back" on "little moron" Stray. A+

Yet again you prove how much of a class a fucktard you are.

Melissa, great job throw out all the points. Congrats on your lengthly resume of Online gaming you didn't get paid for. Might I ask, seeing you have worked for not a couple, not a few, but several(meaning 3 or more for us little morons). So I guess that means i have to bend over and kiss your ass now, or why did you even post that?

But congrats all, premium job on the flaming! If you want to read anymore of Strayrogues's flames, you can search out his 7770(don't worry buddy I gave ya 12 well contructed posts or one word ones ).

Overlord
06-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Well the thing is, they could make up names for all of these things....but then it'd be like being dropped into a world where noone but the bloody creator would know what was what untill things started to flow. Then theres the new commers....what the hell kind of hard time would they have.

I think we can clearly bring it down to some things, as you stated Stray, are all but teetering on the border (or so far past it the border is a bloody infinitesimal spec) of OOC and IC. Mainly alters and names true enough.

06-03-2005, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone

The item is not likely to be fixed unless is is brought to an alterer for changes, and that alterer recognizes the problem with the item. Staff is not spending its time looking around for items that don't belong. It would be impossible for them to do so.

Also...I am not rude. (Well, I'm not rude often. ;) )

Crystal amulets are watched around the clock(but due to the recent trend scripting merchants, its tough to keep up.)

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 12:33 PM
My point was that the GMs have a lot more to do than watch for items that are slightly (or even blatantly) "off". What they are doing is checking items that come up for alteration and trying to catch those that don't fit in. If they were to start pulling items arbitrarily, based on something seen on the amunet, there'd be a hue and cry heard 'round the world. Besides that, it's just too much to expect of them with all the other things they have to do.

Hulkein
06-03-2005, 12:37 PM
It's too much to expect a lot of things to change in both society and in game.

It really doesn't mean his complaint is any less valid, or that it shouldn't be made.

I'll be cool with the Celtic sack when my Venezuelan vest is finished.

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by Hulkein]

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Here's a few items that will offend the two defendants here:

A black woolen glengarry
A chic deep-black duster
A fake beard drawn on with kohl stick in a sloppy uneven fashion
A day pinata making box
A golden ankh
A rare, magically pulsating Amulet of Power
A ring of schwartz
A platinum portmanteau
A polished wooden yo-yo
Those hand buzzers
A jack-in-the-box
The list goes on.

And then it comes down to illegal alters such as Shimm's old cloak, half of Blade's inventory etc. Just where is the line drawn?

[Edited on 3-6-05 by StrayRogue]

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 12:40 PM
why did you even post that? (about having worked on other games)

In response to your "Yes, I was a GH" comment as if we should take your opinion as gospel because of that one fact. Again, (and this is my opinion), having staffed doesn't give you the right to publically criticize the efforts of present staff (who didn't pull the item AS SOON as it surfaced).

My point was having staffed other games years ago doesn't give me the authority, as hosting years ago at SIMU doesn't give you the authority, to make a judgement call about how they should follow their own policies. IMO staffing games isn't a static activity; it changes with time. If simu doesn't have time right now to police the net for bad alterations, they just don't have time.

Obviously, they don't have time right now, which is why they allow people to assist with bad alterations.

-Melissa

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Hmmm, you clearly are moronic Vagrant. Otherwise you'd know wtf you were talking about.

Overlord
06-03-2005, 12:45 PM
:heart: Melissa' Brain

*Goes back to find out what the hell this was all about, then figure out how it came down to attacking Vagrant*

Oh dude, he brought it on himself. No worries then.

06-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Hmmm, you clearly are moronic Vagrant. Otherwise you'd know wtf you were talking about.

because you do? Seriously anyone that has time can do a search and read the last 100 posts and see nothing about senseless bitching and complaining, the proof is right there.

DO you not have anything better than to add your bloated opinions to these forums?

DeV
06-03-2005, 12:47 PM

In response to your "Yes, I was a GH" comment as if we should take your opinion as gospel because of that one fact. In all fairness, anyone in their right mind would have replied with that if the term newbie was thrown around when in fact, they aren't.

I found his reply fitting given the fact that his time in game was indirectly brought into question.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, I'm quite aware of the GS alteration policy. Its also not much of a reach to REMEMBER and READ about the old ones either. Something you're incapable of. And if you think that all my posts are mindless bickering, you may as well paint the rest of these boards with the same brush yourself included bar maybe one or two folks. OH NO. Jesus christ how did you ever become a GH?

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Heh. I think there are probably a lot more ex-staff here than we know. ;)

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Heh, some current staff as well HN.

06-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, I'm quite aware of the GS alteration policy. Its also not much of a reach to REMEMBER and READ about the old ones either. Something you're incapable of. And if you think that all my posts are mindless bickering, you may as well paint the rest of these boards with the same brush yourself included bar maybe one or two folks. OH NO. Jesus christ how did you ever become a GH?

i do paint these forums with that same brush. Hence if you see the few posts I have made here were the fact my cousin wanted a warrior/cleric without the work and I had a few questions to ask.

Simply put, you threw my post on the spotlight cuz either you saw that warsatchel floating around for awhile, or you are selling it.

And I have had my ranger's pack pulled from the amulet back in 2001 because how could we define it was a ranger's pack(what made it rangerly.) I ended up making a new alter out of it and ended up keeping it. This was from selling it on the amulet, a GM sent me a message.

I'm sure a few high ended merchants out there can tell you that they been pulled away to fix illegal alters.

All I was showing people was a horrible alter in my opinion and that if it was a new alter(which clearly SR, you knew it was not.). it shoulda never passed.

Now I have the bitchest post'er on these forums up my ass and a 25 year old that has a good work background in online gaming(which i have a hard time believing given the fact that i took the small amount of time to read older posts of yours).

Fact of the matter is, Staff watches the amunet, Staff tries to fix out of genre alters and well as mistakes in alters that have double lettering and such.

So please, back the fuck off my cock and continue playing with your own.

Fallen
06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Why someone would come here and expect an unofficial board to even remotely the official boards is beyond me. Many of those that post here do so because of the extremely lax TOS, and have even gone so far as to nickname these forums as the "Swearing boards".

When I want decency and watered down insults, I will seek them out on the official boards. Here, you would be a fool to expect anything less than a complete disregard for other's feelings and beliefs.

--

As for the subject of questionable alterations, as has been mentioned, many are simply "Grand fathered" into the system. Simu is a business, and a business does not keep their customers happy if they start forcibly alterating items that were once made by those in charge. It may happen occasionally for glaring cases, though I doubt they would bother to devote serious resources to such an unpopular practice.

Does it bother you a bit to see them? Yes, I will admit they do for me as well. However, I understand that it will likely drive a player from the game if his or her items are snatched from them, and altered without their permission.

I have a shield that I once considered absolutely hideous. The GM that originally altered the item eventually tracked me down, and allowed me to cut out all the ugly portions of text to a much shorter version of the same core alteration. I am sure if the owner of that item were to assist, the GMs would be happy to modify the item to fit current standards.

Finally, I wish you luck on these boards, Vagrant. I do advise you start taking insults and corrections MUCH less personally, as they wont be stopping any time soon.

Evarin and his Mis'ri

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by Fallen]

06-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Thank God these boards arn't like the officials ones. THre is a reason I left them for these.

- Arkans

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Heh, some current staff as well HN.

Yep. We have both varieties. :D

Fallen
06-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Not to completely derail this thread, though I heard it was frowned upon for GMs/GHs to actively post here. Just as it is frowned upon for them to use PSInet to chat on the OOC channels in game.

Any truth to this?

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by DeV

In response to your "Yes, I was a GH" comment as if we should take your opinion as gospel because of that one fact. In all fairness, anyone in their right mind would have replied with that if the term newbie was thrown around when in fact, they aren't.

I found his reply fitting given the fact that his time in game was indirectly brought into question.

When I read it, here's how I took it: "And yes!! I was a GH!!!" Simply being told he had a well-established PC (Neo, I think it was) would have been enough imo, but oh noz! we had to bring out the big guns of "I was a GH so I'm right!!! LISTEN TO ME I'M RIGHT, DAMNIT!!!"

This may just be me -- in fact, I'm fairly sure it is -- but I've always told my friends from GS that if they became staff, I didn't want to know about it. I simply don't like knowing who is/was staff, and I especially don't appreciate it being used as leverage in an argument. Further, I don't think that being a GH gives him any more experience with alterations than being a player.

Still further, I find it even more offensive when person comes out attacking all posters on the PC (sort of like Saichiako in that other thread), pulls their moral high ground, then can't even defend their position; instead, they engage in attacking those with an alternate viewpoint. If this person was really serious about revamping alternations, he could have discussed the merits/demerits of the current system and approaches to fix it.

-Melissa

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 01:40 PM
And I have had my ranger's pack pulled from the amulet back in 2001 because how could we define it was a ranger's pack(what made it rangerly.) I ended up making a new alter out of it and ended up keeping it. This was from selling it on the amulet, a GM sent me a message.

...Fact of the matter is, Staff watches the amunet, Staff tries to fix out of genre alters and well as mistakes in alters that have double lettering and such.

There was a time when staff was being a bit more proactive about this kind of thing, but I think that time has passed. I doubt very seriously that any items will be yanked for "fixing" unless they come up for alter, or unless there are repeated complaints about a given item. It's just too time consuming for the GMs. I imagine they learned that lesson the hard way.

CrystalTears
06-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
Not to completely derail this thread, though I heard it was frowned upon for GMs/GHs to actively post here. Just as it is frowned upon for them to use PSInet to chat on the OOC channels in game.

Any truth to this?

Current ones, I believe so. They may read but you won't usually see them post until they leave their position with Simu.

DeV
06-03-2005, 01:42 PM

Any truth to this? Stealth was posting awhile back, but I've always wondered the same.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 01:42 PM

Any truth to this?

Yes. Its very much like using Psinet however. They aren't meant too but they do. Brauden, Stealth, Sirina and a number of GH's all post or have posted here before.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 01:45 PM

...Fact of the matter is, Staff watches the amunet, Staff tries to fix out of genre alters and well as mistakes in alters that have double lettering and such.

You'd be correct HN. Plus the rules for alterations in 2001 were different than they are now. They're currently very easy going (though not as easy going as the time of the Dhu or earlier on in GS history).

Now the initial post of this kid stated whoever made this item in question should get fired. Well most likely they left long before he even started playing. And I insist, if he's so anal about such items he's free to buy them and have them realtered instead of bitching like a little girl.

There was a time when staff was being a bit more proactive about this kind of thing, but I think that time has passed. I doubt very seriously that any items will be yanked for "fixing" unless they come up for alter, or unless there are repeated complaints about a given item. It's just too time consuming for the GMs. I imagine they learned that lesson the hard way. [/quote]

[Edited on 3-6-05 by StrayRogue]

CrystalTears
06-03-2005, 01:45 PM
But Stealth, like Celtic, didn't really start posting until they left Simu, as they both would say to the effect "now that I'm not working there anymore, I can post freely now".

However I'm sure we have others who are hiding their identiy in order to post. After the big blowout with Whatley, I didn't think anyone would post here anymore. Heh.

Vixen
06-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I've seen so much stuff that "shouldn't be made" made every day, and even sold off the rack. Theres a zillion empaths satchels, and warriors cloaks and rangers.. whatever.
Hell they were selling warcapes off the rack on the wavedancer, if you wanna go into that, how do we know its a warcape (for example), conversation.
Yah some things get pulled and fixed on occasion, but they aren't as active about it as they used to be, and we already have so many other things that shouldn't be around, that getting all upset about the one thing, takes too much of my energy.

That said, I don't think to my knowledge I have ever been rude to people on here, or acted like I had something to prove (unless this counts)

She who hates blanket statements

06-03-2005, 01:46 PM
What happened with Whatley?

- Arkans

CrystalTears
06-03-2005, 01:48 PM
He, along with other GMs, would post here once in a while. Well actually more when it was in the other format and Edgeleaf was a mod. They would get into arguments all the time. It would get hairy at times.

Fallen
06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Stealth was posting awhile back, but I've always wondered the same. >>

That one threw me for a loop as well.

P.S.

Is it wrong that I often stare at your avatar for prolonged periods of time?

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Current GMs and GHs are, in fact, discouraged from posting here. That's not to say that they don't do so, but it isn't something Simu wants them to do. GMs and GHs who no longer work for Simu aren't bound by Simu's wishes, except as pertains to their NDA.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Let me add that I've been hawking some intensely "illegal" alterations on the net for years now and not once been collared by a GM to change anything.

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 01:53 PM
All I was showing people was a horrible alter in my opinion and that if it was a new alter(which clearly SR, you knew it was not.). it shoulda never passed.

Now I have the bitchest post'er on these forums up my ass and a 25 year old that has a good work background in online gaming(which i have a hard time believing given the fact that i took the small amount of time to read older posts of yours).

So please, back the fuck off my cock and continue playing with your own.

Point one: Obviously not true. You posted in Staff and Policy complaints. Are you complaining about staff not pulling the satchel? Or are you complaining about the policy that allowed the satchel to be made? If neither, it might have been more on topic to try: Gemstone Complaints: Nuisances and Annoyances. You could then contribute to the alteration complaints there and been more on topic or even the alternation category itself.

If either points 2 or 3 are about me, I will take point 2 and be the bitchiest or I will ask you to PROVE (yes, prove) what you're talking about in point 3 about non-working knowledge of game systems before you spout nonsense out of your backside.

-Melissa
ps. I don't think Stray wants anything at all to do with your cock, so please keep discussion of it to yourself.

06-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Apparently people just don't remember who i am, granted its been over a year. i am the admin from SR that derailed The SR. So please don't point your kid comments on me. Either the point is so clear you all can't see it, or you just like bringing up the fact that policy is policy and I should just STFU. My fucking proof is sitting in point blank range.

What ever you all are trying to defend makes no sense. You attacked me and the best things you are coming up with is your own fucking opinions. But granded these kinda threads keep the forums alive, so rant away.

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 02:10 PM
...so where's that proof based on my prior posts?

-Melissa

Fallen
06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Apparently people just don't remember who i am, granted its been over a year. i am the admin from SR that derailed The SR >>

By the SR, do you mean the Stoner's Realms?

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Ah I knew you were retarded. Being friends with Klaive proves it. If you're so upset by a text item in a game BUY IT and THROW IT AWAY. Or is this logic too simple for you? Policy IS policy. It isn't up to us to enforce it or even point it out when its being broken.

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Current GMs and GHs are, in fact, discouraged from posting here. That's not to say that they don't do so, but it isn't something Simu wants them to do. GMs and GHs who no longer work for Simu aren't bound by Simu's wishes, except as pertains to their NDA.

I don't believe this is actually the case... unless you are "out of the closet" and everyone knows you are a GM or GH. If you are GM Billy and you post under BigDaddyWilly.. I'm not sure there is much they could or would do. Some GMs and GHs have pretty well known PCs.. some you have no idea.

06-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Nice work on editted your post so that little blurb about working withs everal online games is out... And this is how it started

Stray: Well unless you're a total newbie then yes it has. And you're wrong the altering policy wasn't the same in pre AOL.

ME: Just in case you think i'm a newb, this is the old Kneo and yes I was a GH...

ME: I was unaware it was an old alter, and items generally get pulled or are forced to switch the wordy when publically sold.

So again, did i ask for ass kissing, no, I was simply stating who i was. And many knew who I was and still know... I had a large work load as a GH and I still have my badge(IG)...

And you all started the name calling so I don't know what other proof you want, you edited your post

06-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Again, was not friends with Klaive, was friends with others and i was asked to run the boards because I was level headed. And yes, by SR I mean Stoners Realm, You were a mod when i was Admin, Fallen...

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by The Vagrant]

Skirmisher
06-03-2005, 02:25 PM
I dunno, there are so many bigger problems facing GS this seems like a whole lot of energy spent on a not so big a deal.

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Apparently people just don't remember who i am, granted its been over a year. i am the admin from SR that derailed The SR.

I thought you said your name was Kneo.. not Klaive.

Weird.

:shrug:

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Er yes it was different than pre-AOL. The altering policy has undergone MANY revisions. It's different now than it was two years ago. Prior to that it was different to how it was in the 90's etc.

Secondly no items do not "generally" get pulled when they are being openly sold. I've sold MANY such items and not once even got a send unless the item in question was broken in someway.

Thirdly if you think this item was made recently you clearly are a noob.

And level headed? LMAO. No wonder those boards went down the shitter.

06-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Hahahaha

FUCKING PWNED!

- Arkans

DeV
06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Stealth was posting awhile back, but I've always wondered the same. >>

That one threw me for a loop as well.

P.S.

Is it wrong that I often stare at your avatar for prolonged periods of time? No, not at all. I'm glad I have an ignore avatar feature while posting at work or I would be in a daze all day.

erm... back to the flaming!

06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Ok, valid points can't be brought up, was a simple post off something I saw this morning. You are all right and I am wrong, have a great day.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Facts aren't valid points? Well colour me pwned.

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Nice work on editted your post so that little blurb about working withs everal online games is out... And this is how it started

Stray: Well unless you're a total newbie then yes it has. And you're wrong the altering policy wasn't the same in pre AOL.

ME: Just in case you think i'm a newb, this is the old Kneo and yes I was a GH...

ME: I was unaware it was an old alter, and items generally get pulled or are forced to switch the wordy when publically sold.

So again, did i ask for ass kissing, no, I was simply stating who i was. And many knew who I was and still know... I had a large work load as a GH and I still have my badge(IG)...

And you all started the name calling so I don't know what other proof you want, you edited your post

I edited one post in this thread, and it was where I accidentally double posted my name at the end. Seriously, are you delusional?

Yes, I read that in the thread, and I still wonder why you had to attempt to claim status by saying "I was a GH". There, you attempt to claim it again by saying, "OH I still have my badge!!!" -And you attempt to claim that others here are attention whores?

Now, about that proof of other threads and it demonstrating that I don't have knowledge of systems, programming, and management.... I'm still waiting.

-Melissa

06-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Your one fact was policy has changed, but the rest was opinionated bullshit. And I am telling you of several valid facts but yet I'm simply a n00b and a little moron.

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Oh I thought you were going away.

Its a FACT I have never had one of my dodgy items pulled. Its also a FACT they don't generally take items off people to change.

06-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh, do the search yourself on that. Read through your older posts. And I have nothing to prove. I am saying i know game policy up and down that is it. And people once knew who I was, they knew Kneo and they knew my GH character, this was only to show who i was, people took what i said as facts.

But i really don't care, i personally only read any off genre posts here from Anticor...

ElanthianSiren
06-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Oh, do the search yourself on that. Read through your older posts. And I have nothing to prove. I am saying i know game policy up and down that is it. And people once knew who I was, they knew Kneo and they knew my GH character, this was only to show who i was, people took what i said as facts.

But i really don't care, i personally only read any off genre posts here from Anticor...

No thanks; you made the accusation. Back it up, or can't you?

-Melissa

CrystalTears
06-03-2005, 02:40 PM

I'll say it for Anticor...

That's the best way the boards should be read anyway. ;)

StrayRogue
06-03-2005, 02:40 PM

Its clear you don't otherwise you'd KNOW how much the altering policy changes and how it ISN'T policy to take items off players that are out of genre. Just because you're a GH doesn't mean you know anything.

Fallen
06-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Hasn't this thread run its course? The item is questionable, and it was not pulled. The specifics and reasoning have been discussed. Seems like now all that is being argued is semantics.

Can't we all just .. Get along?

06-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Anticor, someone is ALL OVER YOUR COCK

- Arkans

CrystalTears
06-03-2005, 02:47 PM
I agree, Fallen.

Someone was questioning an alteration (as many have before) and others have stated that policy has changed from time to time. It's obviously not questionable enough to do something about, and people have insulted each other enough. I say.. the thread has served it's purpose and then some.

:grouphug:

Skirmisher
06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
Am I too late to get in on the group hugz!??

06-03-2005, 02:53 PM
This thread rocks.

Tsa`ah
06-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Its not on altering its on using RL cultures in GS, ICE had it in their policy not to use these just as SIMU does.

Celtic is like saying I have a fucking German ale stein.

Yet you say nothing of the profession title cabbalist ...

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by Tsa`ah]

AnticorRifling
06-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Blah blah blah everyone here has something to prove.

blah blah blah.

What?