PDA

View Full Version : Archery, Brawling and Defense

zhelas
06-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Questions? I am curious on how folks are doing the defense for their archers. Does brawling help your DS if you are an archer? Is that skill necessary? If you did not have brawling and just did range how badly would this affect one's DS? Do you just rely on dodging, stealth, spells and crit/damage padded brigandine?

Thanks for your help and input.

Zhelas

fallenSaint
06-16-2005, 12:57 PM
DS is now based off your archery training so no need for brawling. I for one 2x archery and Dodge and do ok with some crit padded brig. Then again I do my best to stay hidden so I dont have to gamble with how well I take that hit.

StrayRogue
06-16-2005, 12:57 PM
You don't need brawling anymore. Ambush and Perception add to your AS/DS respectively however.

zhelas
06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the input. I have a ranger who is 24 trains and he have been 2x in brawling and range since he started. I was still under the old mind set that you needed brawling for defense. He is a Voln master and Fu's quite well but this whole undead thing is getting to me. Shoot the Kick II has become his primary attack. I think he will explore other avenues ;) By dropping those brawling points he will apply them to some of the skills he have backed off on.

Peace,

Zhelas

hectomaner
06-16-2005, 05:33 PM
i just picked up 1x ranged for my mage and no brawling, his DS is fine, in fact it went up from what his runestaff DS was

Celexei
06-17-2005, 05:25 PM
they changed the brawl adding to offhand DS with ranged? :( was such a good plan I had for my ranger too...oh well spose when I get back I'll figure things out again!