PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Tea.

Shari
06-15-2005, 02:58 AM
I realize this is on short notice, but I've finally decided to host an afternoon tea party in Wehnimer's Landing. If all goes well I'll wind my way around to the other towns to host other such parties.

Everyone wishing to go would do best to be dressed in their finery, or risk being snickered at from behind a wave of flittering fans.

Jesae, of course, will be hosting this shindig to celebrate her return to her favorite town, and naturally to show off her newest Nalea gown.

I'll be starting the get-together THIS Saturday at 1 pm eastern time. (That's 10am for us west-coasters.) How long it lasts is up to everyone else. :D

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Asha
06-15-2005, 03:02 AM
Saw her in the park yesterday.

Shimmerain will cirtainly be there, if only to add a touch of decorum to the proceedings.
(6:00pm , if anyone who actually drinks tea, is going. :) )

Toxicvixen
06-15-2005, 03:11 AM
I'd do it if I were at home, but alas I am stuck in Yuma. So no GS events for me. :cry: I have too much work to do.

Shari
06-15-2005, 03:20 AM
DUDE, COME UP TO PHOENIX AND HANG OUT WITH ME!

DCSL
06-15-2005, 04:02 AM
Lysistrata will be there, of course. She might even bring her brother!

Edited to add that I'm so excited, I'm gonna log her in to plan her outfit right now!

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by DCSL]

Shari
06-15-2005, 12:13 PM
OMG woman, you are so obsessed. :D

DCSL
06-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Pfft, don't act like you don't already know what Jesae's gonna wear.

Jolena
06-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Much as I'd love to have the opportunity to show off the new Nalea Stun bought Jolena, she's not really the 'afternoon' tea type. Sounds fun though, hope you guys have a good time! And I expect a post of what you guys wear :p

Wezas
06-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by DCSL
Pfft, don't act like you don't already know what Jesae's gonna wear.

Pwned.

Hips
06-15-2005, 01:48 PM
I think I have to work Saturday, so Michiko probably won't be there.

Not to mention the gentleman that she would have asked to accompany her TOTALLY REJECTED her the other night. :(

Shari
06-15-2005, 01:51 PM
See, I told you Jaysehn didn't want her.

<hides>

Hips
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
See, I told you Jaysehn didn't want her.

<hides>

He claims to be devoted to his late wife, but in all seriousness I think he's gay. :lol:

Good luck to all the ladies out there who choose to persue him, Michiko gave it her best and is now moving on.

if moving on = crying hysterically on the floor in her house for the last few days

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by GS3 Michiko]

Asha
06-15-2005, 01:58 PM
I know someone who'd be suitable for you, Michiko.
Only if you're ok with being used once and destroyed.
:flames:

Shari
06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
DOFL Michiko.

Luckily, Jesae hasn't met Jaysehn, if she knew the circumstances, she'd dismiss him as an idiot as being devoted to someone long-gone makes them miss out on a LOT of fun.

Wezas
06-15-2005, 02:02 PM
being devoted to someone long-gone makes them miss out on a LOT of fun.

How long is long-gone?

<finishes putting your fiancee in the trunk>

Shari
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
hahaha, I was referring to in-game. In real life, I think if I had been rejected by a guy I was persuing I'd be doing what Michiko is right now. :D

Jesae's just a big flirt :cough:slut:cough:and if someone is still clinging to the memory of a dead wife she's moving on to her next victim. But...maybe she just hasn't found the right guy to sweep her off her feet, who knows.

Leetahkin
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
:lol:
Ent's on her third guy since Shimm, and it hasn't even been a month yet, has it?
Damn, she's too much of a flirt.

Oh, lemme add: she doesn't do teas. She had to borrow a dress from a GUY just to attend Urisk's wedding.

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by Nobody Cares]

Divinity
06-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, Aurawyn is going. Now just to find her suitable attire. Heh, going to be hard since Aura dislikes skirts and gowns.

Too bad this isn't strip poker. :devil: Uhh.. I didn't say that.

Hips
06-15-2005, 02:45 PM
You know, if this goes really well, we should see about setting up a group once a month or so. Maybe we can even get Simu to put it on the event calender or something like that.

Also... did you say where it was being held and I missed it? I only see that it's in the Landing in your first post.

Shari
06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Held at the Landing Bakery, and yes...if this goes well I'll host it in different towns. I'll likely do Solhaven next because its closest. Once Jesae can gain exp by way of raising the dead I'll send her across the mountains for a few hostings over there as well.

If we get a large enough group going I fully intend on creating a PRO or somesuch to distinguish us. :D

I'm thinking a group that hosts fashion shows, music and dance apprications, cooking contests, etc.

Asha
06-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Cooking contests?

Oh dear, I think I may have to re-think my decision here.
I thought we'd just be sipping tea!

Shari
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Well, its just a suggestion. I'm thinking like a cultural tasting. You know, enslave the work of halflings and the like to create delicious tidbits for us to nibble on while discussing the lastest in fashion trends.

Divinity
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
She said that would be in the future, if this goes well.

Edited to add: Haha, we can have Bisco as a serving wench. He's always baking something. :lol:

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by Divinity]

Mistomeer
06-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Drayal

Shimmerain will cirtainly be there, if only to add a touch of decorum to the proceedings.

One again, Shimm proves to be the most feminine bastard in the lands.

Toxicvixen
06-15-2005, 03:25 PM
You should do one in mule as well, but change the tea to hot cocoa! :D

As for Visiting Pheonix, I would love to if I got out of this little box they shove me in! Stupid Slave Drivers! :sniffle:

Asha
06-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Mistomeer

Originally posted by Drayal

One again, Shimm proves to be the most feminine bastard in the lands.

:lol: Thanks man!! :)

Mistomeer
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Absolutely. I'm here for ya man!

Czeska
06-15-2005, 03:30 PM
Shim may have pigtails, but he has some wicked sexy eyes.

Wezas
06-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Alas, I closed my account and cannot make your hen party.

Hips
06-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Since I have to work 10-7 tomorrow, Michiko won't be able to make it. But here's what Michiko would be wearing if she could...

You see Lady Michiko Lawyk the Woodswoman.
She appears to be a Half-Sylvan.
She appears to have come of age and short. She has long-lashed, expressive twilight blue eyes and flawless, creamy skin. She has long, silky raven black hair that flows down her back, curling at the tips to brush against her hips. She has a finely contoured aristocratic face, an upturned nose and petite, delicate ears that taper to slight points.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a silver-bladed dark blue silk fan in her right hand.
She is wearing a pair of lacquered silver oak hairsticks tipped with faceted blue sapphires, an off-the-shoulder misty blue faille gown with artfully pleated skirts, a sleek silver-linked anklecuff, and a pair of blue open-toed silk sandals.

Have fun, I'm sad I have to work and can't make it. :(

Shari
06-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure this thing will go great, thus making me do it again next month! I promise I will give more advance notice next time.

Shari
06-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Alright, you people have seven minutes to slip into something fabulous and head to the Landing bakery.

Head through the doorway and you'll be in the tea room. ;)

TheRoseLady
06-18-2005, 01:08 PM
Alright, you people have seven minutes to slip into something fabulous and head to the Landing bakery.

Head through the doorway and you'll be in the tea room. ;)

How did I miss this until now? It would take me 20 minutes to get my one character dressed and another 30 to get there. :( Perhaps the next time.

Edaarin
06-18-2005, 01:12 PM
My head just exploded reading this thread.

Shari
06-18-2005, 01:14 PM
This coming from a guy who wears Coach shoes and owns more articles of clothing than myself, I'm shocked I haven't seen your character show up, Edaarin.

Edaarin
06-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Heh. You realize I haven't played Edaarin in like 8 months, right?

Shari
06-18-2005, 01:28 PM
Yeah I know...its okay. I'll give you details of what happened at our little party, I know you were dying to attend.

Shari
06-18-2005, 02:05 PM
BAD, BAD FASHIONISTAS!

Two people have showed so far, which is dissapointing since I have to get ready for work in a little bit.

Here are the two lovely ladies that showed up, and myself:

You see Yrssa.
She appears to be a Nalfein Elf.
She appears to have come of age and average height. She has blue-green eyes and fair skin. She has long, glossy silver blonde hair pulled back over one ear with a delicately carved ivory haircomb.
She has a tiny diamond stud in the upper ridge of her right ear.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a cup of herbal tea in her right hand.
She is wearing an amber-inlaid twisted gold circlet, a velvety soft deep black rose tucked behind one ear, a pair of yellow topaz studs, a gold-trimmed amber silk cloak, a polished gold hibiscus pomander on a herringbone chain, a champagne velvet cotehardie with a topaz-hued brocade underskirt, and some ivory velvet slippers with delicate gold heels.

You see Lady Morgause Ravenswing the Historian.
She appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
She appears to be young. She has violet-sheened twilight hued eyes and pale skin. She has long, lustrous autumnal red hair bound into a twisted infinity knot by some ebony hand-painted hairsticks. She has a heart-shaped face and small pointed ears.
She has an old battle scar across her chest.
She is holding a dark silk-wrapped notebook in her right hand and a long silver feather quill in her left hand.
She is wearing a freshly-cut freesia tucked behind one ear, a gem-clasped ivory velvet cloak trimmed with silver thread, an opalescent crescent moon locket, a silver-threaded ruffled peach taffeta ballgown with a pearl-beaded bodice, a firestone airship pin, a moonglae opal wedding band, some sheer ivory silk stockings, and some apricot silk velvet slippers.

You see Jesae.
She appears to be a Sylvankind of the Lassaran D'ahranal.
She appears to be immature and shorter than average. She has large crystal green eyes and fair skin. She has waist length, ringleted honey blonde hair tied into a loose ponytail with a white silken hair ribbon. She has a dainty face, an upturned nose and small pointed ears.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a keenly-bladed rosewood fan in her left hand.
She is wearing a perfect freshwater pearl choker with a tiny rose-shaped pendant, a roomy white canvas tote, a yellow silk kirtle embroidered with white roses on the skirt, and a pair of white satin slippers beaded with iridescent pearls.

Hips
06-18-2005, 02:13 PM
That pearl choker looks awfully familiar. :D

I'm sorry I couldn't make it though, I'm home now on a lunch break. :(

Shari
06-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Oh I knew you couldn't make it. But there are people that said they'd be there and they are no where to be found.

That's cool though, at least now I have it the next meeting date posted already to give people enough advance.

Look for the Elanthian Genteel Society thread for more info.

Edited to add: Yeah...the choker works nicely with the Nalea, does it not? :D

[Edited on 6-18-2005 by Jesae]

DCSL
06-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I am so sorry. ;_; We were having a house-cooling party last night and people didn't leave until seven in the morning. I forgot to set the alarm before I crashed and I didn't wake up until now. Bah!

Alfster
06-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for reminding me to grab the empath Jesae.

Doughboy
06-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Divinity

Edited to add: Haha, we can have Bisco as a serving wench. He's always baking something. :lol:

[Edited on 6-15-2005 by Divinity]

Wench? My dear, that cuts deep. :cry: