PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em Tourny - Orlando, FL

Tromp
06-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Any players in the central Florida area that are interested in getting together once or twice a month for +/- $100 weekend winner takes all games?

Looking to add about two more chairs for 8 total.

Game is scheduled for next weekend.

U2U me or I guess you can just post here.

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 09:02 AM
I have 2 people that might be interested.. myself and a good friend that lives in Orlando. I'll be on vacation this coming week.. but after that, I have zero problem taking your money.

Wezas
06-03-2005, 09:04 AM
I'll go ahead and answer for PB.

"Finally!"

::edited to say:: You fucker, PB.

Beat my by 2 minutes (I had to look up and see how far tampa was away from orlando)

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by Wezas]

Tromp
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
So is that two for next week? Parkbandit and Weza?

Wezas
06-03-2005, 09:37 AM
ROFL No, I'm not going. I was answering for PB.

I'm up in Northern VA. - though we have enough PCers that we should start our own tournament.

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Tromp
So is that two for next week? Parkbandit and Weza?

Weza.. heh. Reminds me of the Jeffersons.

I'll be on vacation next week.. so I will be unable to attend. I would be up for the next one though.. depending on the day.

[Edited on 6-3-05 by Parkbandit]

Sean of the Thread
06-03-2005, 09:56 AM
I saw tourny and I was excited. You are talking about 10 handed games =(. If I stick around (still up in the air) I know a few people that would be interested. It would be hard to to muster em up for Orlando when we got that action here almost twice weekly...

[Edited on 6-3-2005 by Xyelin]

Parkbandit
06-03-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin
I saw tourny and I was excited. You are talking about 10 handed games =(. If I stick around (still up in the air) I know a few people that would be interested. It would be hard to to muster em up for Orlando when we got that action here almost twice weekly...

Thanks for the invite.. bitch.

U R SCARED?

Tromp
06-03-2005, 10:56 AM
We are maxing out the table @ 8 people. Evites will go out to all. As soon as it hits 8 we cut it off. If we get enough for another table will do two tables then winner of each play eachother at "final" table.

So no not 10 handed tables.

Orlando isn't that bad... if you win you can easily pay for a swank room anyhow.

Sean of the Thread
06-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Orlando isn't bad at all but it just isn't great...I hate being land locked. It is only about 60-120 minutes from me and PB depending on teh mood of the beast known as construction. Hell it took 3 hours one time and that is just fucking stupid. It still sounds like a great gathering however. Perhaps we would all be better off getting a room on the beach here in Clearwater.

Tromp
06-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Orlando isn't bad at all but it just isn't great...I hate being land locked. It is only about 60-120 minutes from me and PB depending on teh mood of the beast known as construction. Hell it took 3 hours one time and that is just fucking stupid. It still sounds like a great gathering however. Perhaps we would all be better off getting a room on the beach here in Clearwater.

Good idea about the Clearwater thing but what is the title of this post again?

Too right about traffic though. You have to hit it right. Check traffic online before you leave etc. I lived in Tampa till last month. I drove back and forth tons!

Just check yourself and get over here!

Sean of the Thread
06-03-2005, 12:12 PM
I won't be attending since it wouldn't really be a GS gathering. When someone has to search to fill out a table of eight on their turf something is a lil fishy. Thanks for the e-vite and perhaps you can make it out to Clearwater sometime. Orlando sucks.

Tromp
06-03-2005, 12:34 PM
I won't be attending since it wouldn't really be a GS gathering. When someone has to search to fill out a table of eight on their turf something is a lil fishy. Thanks for the e-vite and perhaps you can make it out to Clearwater sometime. Orlando sucks.

That is so wrong! Just say you are not gonna come. As stated just moved to Orlando last month. I'm only trying to fill two (2) chairs. You can search for hidden cameras and mirrors if you want <laughing>.

Sean of the Thread
06-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Tromp

That is so wrong! Just say you are not gonna come. As stated just moved to Orlando last month. I'm only trying to fill two (2) chairs. You can search for hidden cameras and mirrors if you want <laughing>.

Heheh.. I didn't mean to imply there was cameras or mirrors. Just the fact that you are looking for 2 seats you can't fill on your own from your area could mean that you are A)A bunch of poker noobs :lol: ripe for the hook or B)Looking for a couple of fish to fill the seats.

Anyways I was mostly joking. IF I truly didn't dread driving to Orlando I would have considered. Hell it takes an act of Congress to get me to drive to a Rays game.

Tromp
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
To be honest it is just C) Looking to meet some fellow gamers who also like to play Hold'em who have some money they wouldn't mind donating to my slush fund. :whistle:

Sean of the Thread
06-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Don't forget option D) You want us to donate kidneys in the hotel room to fund your slush fund.

Tromp
06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Don't forget option D) You want us to donate kidneys in the hotel room to fund your slush fund.

that was the new post I was creating. Damn you got me!