PDA

View Full Version : Dave, Ranger, and TOJ become Parkbandit.

Warriorbird
06-13-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm so sorry guys. I hope they at least get them armor.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Articles/articleId=105726

Overlord
06-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Bah, half the vehicles there at the moment lack armorment, why would they spoof money on it now.

Ebondale
06-13-2005, 10:45 AM
What this means to you: The minivan: Soccer-mom tested, U.S. Army approved. Nice to see the government is actually looking to save taxpayers some cash.

What the flying fuck?

Saving taxpayers some cash? GIs trucking around Baghdad in chevy trucks and minivans is going to get a lot of people fucking killed. What a GOD DAMN waste of money. Fuck the damn gas thats in the fucking humvees. Melt those god damn chevy trucks and minivans down into scrap and TAPE THE FUCKING METAL to the bottoms of those humvees.

THEY. NEED. ARMOR. Not fucking soccer-mom cars!

Atlanteax
06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I wonder if a soccer ball will be part of the mandatory inventory? :lol:

xtc
06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
LOL I can just see the US Army riding around in minivans, not a very intimidating sight. Next they will be issuing mandles to wear in those minivans....

Overlord
06-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Atlanteax
I wonder if a soccer ball will be part of the mandatory inventory? :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised.

Atlanteax
06-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by xtc
LOL I can just see the US Army riding around in minivans, not a very intimidating sight. Next they will be issuing mandles to wear in those minivans....

"Hey Buddy, you're not wearing your seatbelt!!" :lol:

Overlord
06-13-2005, 10:48 AM
The next development, armored horse drawn charriots!! Free legionaire outfit included!!

[Edited on 13-6-2005 by Overlord]

Warriorbird
06-13-2005, 10:49 AM
They need to get some spinners. Rolling through the desert in the pimped out minivan would be straight awesome.

Back
06-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Ebondale

What this means to you: The minivan: Soccer-mom tested, U.S. Army approved. Nice to see the government is actually looking to save taxpayers some cash.

What the flying fuck?

Saving taxpayers some cash? GIs trucking around Baghdad in chevy trucks and minivans is going to get a lot of people fucking killed. What a GOD DAMN waste of money. Fuck the damn gas thats in the fucking humvees. Melt those god damn chevy trucks and minivans down into scrap and TAPE THE FUCKING METAL to the bottoms of those humvees.

They wouldn’t need the armor if they weren’t there. And we would save a whole hell of a lot of tax payer money to boot.

Claiming they are saving tax payer money is doublespeak. Don’t fall for it.

06-13-2005, 10:52 AM
prolly for use on the bases and FOB's

Ebondale
06-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Backlash

What the flying fuck?

They wouldn’t need the armor if they weren’t there. And we would save a whole hell of a lot of tax payer money to boot.

Claiming they are saving tax payer money is doublespeak. Don’t fall for it.

You're a fucking prophet, man. A PROPHET.

"Hey, we can save a whole lot of money if we buy 19,000 (or whatever) new chevy minivans for our soldiers to use in the desert."

WHO THE FUCK came up with THAT retarded idea?

Thats why they should put me in charge, man, I'd save them a bunch of money by changing their car insurance to Geico.

Wezas
06-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Thats why they should put me in charge, man, I'd save them a bunch of money by changing their car insurance to Geico.

Even with the 15%, I'm sure their premiums are through the roof.

Shalla
06-13-2005, 11:06 AM
"Hey, we can save a whole lot of money if we buy 19,000 (or whatever) new chevy minivans for our soldiers to use in the desert."

They are giving these men and women jobs too. But I suppose with the money they would be saving for not sending these soldiers overseas.. they could find another way to give them jobs, or make it easier to go to school.

Skirmisher
06-13-2005, 11:09 AM
I always found the movies that showed soldiers driving around US army bases in humvees to be stupid for this exact reason.

If they are really used in non combat areas, thats just wasteful I would think.

In Iraq, I am not sure if there really that many "non-combat" areas.

Ebondale
06-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla

They are giving these men and women jobs too. But I suppose with the money they would be saving for not sending these soldiers overseas.. they could find another way to give them jobs, or make it easier to go to school.

In just a few months of training after recruiting new soldiers the Government spends over $100,000 on them. Those are just the low ranking guys that are over there DYING every single day. They would save a lot more money on protecting their investments, the soldiers lives, than they would by saving a few dollars at the gas pumps.

Ebondale
06-13-2005, 11:16 AM
And by the way, the idea of all these humvees driving around on every base all over the place is ridiculous. I've seen MAYBE a total of three humvees on a combination of 3 Air Force bases and 2 Army Forts. :)

My shop on Elmendorf AFB has a Ford F-150 and a GMC Sonoma as Government Owned Vehicles (GOVs). That would be freakin' sweet if we had a Humvee, but hey. ;)

06-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
I always found the movies that showed soldiers driving around US army bases in humvees to be stupid for this exact reason.

If they are really used in non combat areas, thats just wasteful I would think.

In Iraq, I am not sure if there really that many "non-combat" areas.

On the bases and in the green zone is where they will be used id assume. The army is not so stupid as to think the media would ignore IED's blowing up minivans with 7 soldiers inside.

What I doubt is them sending 24,000 of these over to Iraq. considering we have about 140,000 in the country there would be enough there for everyone to have a seat inside.

06-13-2005, 11:23 AM
You all joke but I've seen the Iraqi national guard go out on missions in pick up trucks and mini vans.

Skirmisher
06-13-2005, 11:25 AM
And by the way, the idea of all these humvees driving around on every base all over the place is ridiculous. I've seen MAYBE a total of three humvees on a combination of 3 Air Force bases and 2 Army Forts. :)

My shop on Elmendorf AFB has a Ford F-150 and a GMC Sonoma as Government Owned Vehicles (GOVs). That would be freakin' sweet if we had a Humvee, but hey. ;)

I'm glad to hear it, my first hand experiences on an army base are non existant thus my referneces to movies.

I would think that they would just use the vans over here and strip the US bases of whatever humvees they have left that are not needed expressly for training purposes.

06-13-2005, 11:28 AM
That's a great article. I still think we need to reassess our priorities, though:

http://www.bobbittville.com/Studebaker-195_ShamelessDesigns.jpg

Skirmisher
06-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
You all joke but I've seen the Iraqi national guard go out on missions in pick up trucks and mini vans.

I'm not joking, and I have no doubt the Iraqi Military units do not get the same goods our soldiers get.

In this case I think the military is in a no win situation. If they made sure that all iraqi units had humvees the costs would skyrocket, and just imagine if some poor person in a "rear area" was in a non military vehicle like you mentioned and was injured by an ied. The outcry would be huge about us not protecting US soldiers to give better protected vehicles to Iraqis. :(

Ebondale
06-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1

Don't I know it.

Its not like these guys are rolling around the streets in T-80 Battletanks.

I don't want to see our own guys getting blown up needlessly because of some idiot politician's decision to save a few bucks on gas.

Sean
06-13-2005, 12:15 PM

You're a fucking prophet, man. A PROPHET.

WHO THE FUCK came up with THAT retarded idea?

I hate to interrupt your hissyfit but the article does make it a point that they aren't exclusive to Iraq/desert regions.

The U.S. Armed Forces have ordered 19,000 minivans and 5,000 Pacificas from the Chrysler Group for use as light-duty vehicles in Iraq and elsewhere around the world, displacing less fuel-efficient Humvees, according to the Windsor Star.

06-13-2005, 12:17 PM
which means prolly almost none will go to iraq

Gan
06-13-2005, 12:43 PM
What suprises me is that Chevrolet did not aggresively go after the contract considering the financial straights they are in right now. They need to go back and read Lee Iococa's book about Chrysler.

I dont think the government will need to bail them out like they did Chrysler back in the late 70's early 80's. But it would have definately helped prop up that weak bottom line Chevy currently has.

theotherjohn
06-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
I'm so sorry guys. I hope they at least get them armor.

Light duty doesnt need armor.

My unit had 8 vehicles from toyota and 2 expeditions in Iraq

Warriorbird
06-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Reasonable enough. I was mainly amused at the thought of Chrysler minivans rolling across the desert.

[Edited on 6-13-2005 by Warriorbird]