PDA

View Full Version : GM Roxia

IcyPoison
09-24-2003, 04:42 PM
> l
[Northern Caravansary, Green]
You notice a wooden barrel, a campsite and the beast pens.
Obvious paths: north, south, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest
>
The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...
[Consultation Lounge]

Also here: GameMaster Roxia
Obvious exits: none
> l
Roxia says, "Hello."
[Consultation Lounge]

> 'Uh, hello
You say, "Uh, hello"
> 'That was a little scary
You say, "That was a little scary"
>
Roxia says, "I'd like to talk to you for a few minutes about your actions."
> l
[Consultation Lounge]

>
Roxia says, "It seems that you have made a habit of showing up at Gizzelle and Isalya's tables in the last couple of weeks."
>
Roxia says, "I'd ask you why, but the truth of the matter is, it doesn't matter why you're doing it."
>

Is being at someone elses table against Policy?

IcyPoison
09-24-2003, 04:43 PM
Roxia says, "It's getting to the point where it has become seriously annoying."
>
Roxia asks, "Are you aware of our policy on harassment?"
> 'I'm not sure what you're referring to.
You say, "I'm not sure what you're referring to."
>

DCSL
09-24-2003, 04:44 PM
She seems to be handling it well... A complaint was made and she's addressing it. Where's the problem?

IcyPoison
09-24-2003, 04:44 PM
>
Roxia asks, "Which part are you unsure about?"
>
Roxia asks, "The policy? Or what I'm referring to in your actions?"
> 'Both honestly.
You say, "Both honestly."
>

All I did was go to a table and rest afk. Didn't say a word, didn't move. Just looked like I was standing at a table doing nothing.

Adhara
09-24-2003, 04:46 PM
The problem is, or seems to be, the he (and I) don't see what's wrong with going to someone else's table.

Now of course like Daina said we don't know the full story. What's done at said tables etc.

Regardless, I'm curious to hear what Roxia had to say about going to other people's tables if you wouldn't mind posting the rest.

DCSL
09-24-2003, 04:46 PM
And about the table part... if anyone's read the official boards lately in the Thoughts on Role-Play topic, I'm sure you know my stance on it.

I can't stand it when people show up uninvited to my table, and no, I'm not just squatting there AFK. Most of the time I'm singing to gems or other people's items. It's happened a couple of times to me and a couple more times to my friend... it is MASSIVELY irritating.

Edited to include: No, I don't think it's against policy, but I do think it is REALLY REALLY annoying. Especially when they won't leave if you ask them to, even nicely.

[Edited on 9-24-2003 by DCSL]

IcyPoison
09-24-2003, 04:47 PM
>
Roxia says, "The specific policy I'm referring can be accessed by typing POLICY 3."
> policy 3

GemStone III Player Policy: Abusive Or Disruptive Behavior

Because GemStone III is a multi-player game, there can sometimes be a conflict between an individual player's idea of entertainment and that of the majority of the players as a whole. In such situations, the majority will be given the greatest weight.

GemStone III is designed for the enjoyment of everyone, and as a general rule, any behavior which is specifically targeted to lessen that enjoyment for another player may be in violation of GemStone III policy. While what is disruptive is an extremely long list, it includes things such as harassment, sexual advances, and actions specifically targeted to be disruptive.

Your next unread page is page #1.

Again, All I have ever done is show up at a table and rest afk, not moving or saying a word.

Background.. I bid on an item on cleo's site and ended up not buying it from Gizzelle/Isalya. Never insulted her, she wrote rude comments on cleo's as expected, I replied with three ... not bad mouthing her at all. She got me banned from cleo's and this is added bonus I guess.

GemstoneFan
09-24-2003, 04:47 PM
That's considered rude... not sure if it's also harassment or not, but it is etiquettely considered rather boorish.

That's like going to a steakhouse and taking a nap at a stranger's table while they're seated there going, UM.........

Yeah I'd probably complain to the "Manager" too :)

Adhara
09-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Well I can see that. If Gizzelle has asked him to leave and he didn't and keeps coming, then yes that's harassment. But couldn't she tell him before she reported?

Artha
09-24-2003, 04:50 PM
So...why did you decide to sit at the same table as someone who you know has a problem with you?

DCSL
09-24-2003, 04:51 PM
That's just baiting the bull. If you're going to do it, you better be prepared for consequences.

Tsa`ah
09-24-2003, 04:52 PM
The way we are getting bits and pieces of the conversation is too suspicious.

Roxia appears to be addressing a valid complaint, you appear to be trying to gain sympathy while blurring and hiding the facts.

[Edited on 9-24-2003 by Tsa`ah]

IcyPoison
Roxia says, "As to what you have been doing, it's deliberately forcing your presence on people at their tables again and again after they have use WARN INTERACTION against you."
>
Roxia asks, "Does that make it clearer?"
> 'I'm rereading, sorry.
You say, "I'm rereading, sorry."
>
Roxia nods.
> 'Because Gizzelle thinks its annoying that I show up at the same room, I'm breaking Policy 3 by harassing her by being in a public room? There were a lot of people there. She warned me, I warned her, I never said anything or done anything else to her. She always made comments, but I never responded or moved in anyway towards her after that point.
You say, "Because Gizzelle thinks its annoying that I show up at the same room, I'm breaking Policy 3 by harassing her by being in a public room? There were a lot of people there. She warned me, I warned her, I never said anything or done anything else to her. She always made comments, but I never responded or moved in anyway towards her after that point."
>
Roxia says, "The answer to your question is "yes.""
>
Roxia says, "By showing up at her table, you are annoying her."
>

Artha
Gah, beaten to it. You are teh suxx0r Daina.

IcyPoison
09-24-2003, 04:53 PM
So by me annoying someone, one person, (I'm sure I've annoyed far more than that), its worth a warning?

Adhara
Yes going to other people's tables can be rude but harassment? Come on. You say "hey I'd like my privacy" and then if nothing is done you can go to the next step. Personally if I was at a table and someone showed up out of the blue, first I would ask them what they're doing. If I was irritated enough, I'd just leave. I mean, tables used to be invite only. That was changed. I don't know why but it seems to encourage the breaking of Policy 3 obviously.

There are rooms where you can control who comes in and out if she wanted to be alone that bad. Houses for example and other locked rooms. Inn tables in the middle ages were always full of a passing by strangers. I don't see what the big deal is.

I've had pleasant dealings with Isalya and Gizzelle both. I'm quite surprised to see her do this.

IcyPoison
Roxia says, "I want it to stop."
>

Adhara
09-24-2003, 04:55 PM
Ah the warn part was not posted when I was writing my previous post. Not leaving after a warn interact (whether it was used legitimately or not) or going back is indeed harassment.

IcyPoison
09-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Roxia says, "If I see you showing up at Gizzelle's or Isaylia's tables again, I will give you an offical warning for harassment."
>
Roxia says, "If I see you showing up at Gizzelle's or Isaylia's tables again, I will give you an offical warning for harassment."
>
Roxia asks, "Do you have any questions?"
> 'I understand clearly, thank you.
You say, "I understand clearly, thank you."
>
Roxia nods.
>
Roxia says, "I'll send you back then."
>

> 'Thank you
You say, "Thank you"
>
Roxia says, "Thank you for your attention."
> 'You have a good evening.
You say, "You have a good evening."
>
Roxia nods.
>
Roxia says, "You, too."
>

All in all, no warning, shouldn't really be in the COMPLAINTS folder, I'm not complaining.

Vesi
09-24-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by IcyPoison
So by me annoying someone, one person, (I'm sure I've annoyed far more than that), its worth a warning?

Yes. You are breaking the warn interaction by just being there. And from the sound of things you are going there just to annoy her.

Vesi

P.S. Next time you want an opinion would you please post the whole thing instead of snippets? I am assuming you want opinions, right? Thank you.

Edit: To add the postscript.
Edit: Trying to correct something in my post.

[Edited on 9-24-2003 by Vesi]

GSTamral
09-24-2003, 05:32 PM
I don't see anything wrong with what Roxia did. You actively chose to pursue a conflict with Gizzelle by moving to her table and resting, when you could have chosen one of hundreds of other spots. That you actively sought her out for the sheer purpose of annoying her is harassment. In fact, the case is so clear cut, I don't even understand what your argument is.

Snapp
09-24-2003, 05:46 PM
I think, if anything, you got off pretty damn lucky, considering you broke however many warns. Roxia should go under Gemstone Gems for being so patient and understanding with you.

HarmNone
09-24-2003, 07:20 PM
If you stick your foot in the fire you can count on pulling back a set of crispy toes. It is pretty obvious that this incident was not the first time you chose the table at which these two people were sitting to do your "resting". It is pretty obvious that you had been asked to "rest" elsewhere. You chose to continue to annoy these people.

I think Roxia handled it admirably, myself. :)

HarmNone sees the light through the holes in this story

theotherjohn
09-24-2003, 07:25 PM
sitting at a table does not make the table yours and you have no right to tell someone they have to leave if they arrive after you. Its a public area. If it was not a public area then you would have to invite someone to come to your area.

Snapp
09-24-2003, 07:30 PM
<<sitting at a table does not make the table yours and you have no right to tell someone they have to leave if they arrive after you. Its a public area. If it was not a public area then you would have to invite someone to come to your area.>>

But if you're purposely going there to PISS someone off that you've had problems with in the past, its very clearly harassment. I don't see any way it can not be his/her fault.

LaVaca
09-24-2003, 09:27 PM
I remember when Roxia was a gamehost. I also remember when Ysbail was a game host. Their both nice, but Ysbail was and always will be my favorite game host. He was real funny and a nice guy. Their both GM's now.

Edited: Errors. La vaca es mal

[Edited on 9-25-2003 by LaVaca]

CrystalTears
09-24-2003, 09:28 PM
First of all, why did you break down the conversation into various posts? Was this happening at the time and you were posting as it was happening? Perhaps next time wait and post the entire thing first to get feedback for it.

Secondly, why are you going to the table of someone that you've had conflicts with? To rest? With all the tables in all the lands, why did it have to be hers? (Did that scream Casablanca or what? :D)

See this is what I can't stand about people that get spoken to by GMs and then come here saying "I didn't do anything but <insert innocent action here> only to find out some of the bitter truth later. Why can't people fess up their wrongs off the bat? We're bound to find out the truth eventually.

HarmNone
09-24-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by LaVaca
I remember when Roxia was a gamehost. I also remember when Ysbail was a game host. Their both nice, but Ysbail was and always will be my favorite game host. He was real funny and a nice guy. Their both GM's now.

Edited: Errors. La vaca es mal

[Edited on 9-25-2003 by LaVaca]

Ysbail is female, hon. :D

HarmNone

Tsa`ah
09-25-2003, 05:22 AM
I never liked Ysbail. Didn't like her as a host, hated her as a moderator, and I'm not impressed with her as a GM.

She should have handled the dim-wit. Purely for selfish comedic reasons.

Betheny
09-25-2003, 06:45 AM
Every time I've ever talked to Roxia, she was very nice to me. I recall an early-morning assist about some kind of a stupid question I had, that she answered as a GM, because she said she didn't think I should have to wait for a Host to come on. I appreciated that.

IcyPoison
09-25-2003, 08:16 AM
I wasn't complaining about Roxia, I stated that in a previous comment.

I was going to a public room just to annoy Gizzelle (because she was a bitch), I never spoke to her or made any action towards her, I was just in the room.

Its not against any policy to be in the same PUBLIC room as another person, I wasn't harassing her, I never had ANY interaction with her whatsoever, besides being there.

"First of all, why did you break down the conversation into various posts? Was this happening at the time and you were posting as it was happening? Perhaps next time wait and post the entire thing first to get feedback for it."

Yeah, it happened as I posted. I wasn't really looking for feedback, I was just posting to keep record of my interaction with a GM. And I guess I also thought it was BS I was getting pulled for not actually doing anything besides being at the same public room as someone who didn't like me.

Artha
09-25-2003, 08:21 AM
Basically, you were trying to find a loophole in policy, and failed. Boohoo.

Parkbandit
09-25-2003, 08:21 AM

I was going to a public room just to annoy Gizzelle (because she was a bitch)...

And I guess I also thought it was BS I was getting pulled for not actually doing anything ...

You went to the public room just to annoy.. but then in the same post you claim you didn't do anything?

Which is it? :?::?:

Skirmisher
09-25-2003, 08:23 AM
Yes Icy,

As I guess most here have said they and I agree with the actions that Roxia took in this instance. :thumbsup:

The reasons are mostly because you stated that both you and the others in question had used the warn interact command. Now perhaps you used it without fully understanding what it means, but if you do decide to use the command then although the other person is not supposed to go to and or annoy you, the same goes for you. At that point you simply by going to the very room where they were when you knew darn well they did not desire your presence was violating the warn.

Plus, I also fall into the category of people who think anyone who goes on purpose to a table where they know they are not wanted simply because the mechanics permit is is being an ass.

Ya got off light, learn from the experience and move on.

IcyPoison
09-25-2003, 08:37 AM
She went out of her way to make life miserable for me, so I would rest at her table afk just to annoy her.

Sounds fair to me. I wasn't breaking policy though, I never had any interaction with her, I was in a public room, our paths are bound to cross at some point in playing, does that mean when I'm at merchant waiting for an alter an she comes in, she has to leave or she's harassing me?

CrystalTears
09-25-2003, 08:56 AM
You didn't "just" go to a public room she happened to be in. You specifically went to her table simply to annoy her because she warn interacted you. You purposely went out of your way to bother her, and yet you still feel that you did nothing wrong? :rolleyes:

CrystalTears
09-25-2003, 09:02 AM
Oh by the way, whether Cleo's merchanting site is IC or OOC, people really hate it when you bid on an item and don't follow through and pay for it. I'm not sure how much things have changed since I last used it, but they don't ban you for not committing to one bid. You would have had to have pulled that several times.

I'm not sure if I would go as far as warn interact, but I would avoid that character that jipped me too.

Artha
09-25-2003, 09:03 AM
does that mean when I'm at merchant waiting for an alter an she comes in, she has to leave or she's harassing me?

No, because there's more than just you and it's a special circumstance (the merchant is performing services).

You are going out of your way to be at her table. You admit that you knew you were annoying her. That's harassment.

Skirmisher
09-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Icy: People here at the PC have proven more than willing to call SIMU and GMs on poor decisions in the past.

If there is an overwhelming consensus that you are in error here, you would do well to reconsider your actions. Just take a few minutes to cool down first and then see if you feel the same way.

Methais
09-25-2003, 11:34 AM
<<Their both nice, but Ysbail was and always will be my favorite game host.>>

Ysbail sucks, at least as a board mod on the official boards. She would pull so many posts that had no reason to be pulled it was sick. I can't count how many threads were started over Ysbail being a jackass.

I've never dealt with her in game but I'm guessing she wouldn't be much different than how she comes across on the boards.

StrayRogue
09-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Most board people on the officials are like that it seems. I am glad I seldom read them any more.

Morstanya
09-25-2003, 01:25 PM
You say she went out of her way to make life miserable for you. How ? She had you banned from an unofficial auction site ? Are you sure she's the one that did that ? Even if she did, it has no bearing in game, and is no excuse for trying to get even in game.

Sounds to me like you are taking an external personal problem and bringing it game, which is also against policy.

Morstanya, Icewitch.

HarmNone
09-25-2003, 01:33 PM
She went out of her way to make life miserable for me, so I would rest at her table afk just to annoy her.

Sounds fair to me. I wasn't breaking policy though, I never had any interaction with her, I was in a public room, our paths are bound to cross at some point in playing, does that mean when I'm at merchant waiting for an alter an she comes in, she has to leave or she's harassing me?

Oh, come on! You admit that you chose that table to rest at just to annoy someone, then turn around and claim you were not harassing her? Are you daft, man?

There is a big difference between a table and a merchant gathering. I am sure that if your brain cells communicate at all, you know that. It is a meaningless comparison and offers no excuse for your behavior.

You were wrong. Just admit it and go on.:no:

HarmNone gets tired of flimsy excuse-making

GS4Gurl
09-25-2003, 02:37 PM

Don't say you weren't doing anything. Coming specifically to her table to annoy her IS doing something. You dont have to SAY anything to harass someone.

Try this experiment irl. Say a guy pulls out in front of you with his car. This pisses you off, so you follow him to the restaurant he was in a hurry to get to. You follow him inside and plop down at his table. It is after all a public place and you want to piss him off back. He'll say "excuse me what do you want?" You sit there and say nothing. How long before it takes him to punch you in the face? I'd give it 5-10 seconds.

So in short, what you did was wrong. Obviously. If I were the GM I'd have given you a warning.

StrayRogue
09-25-2003, 02:38 PM
You are as bad as each other. Get over it.

JustMe
09-25-2003, 03:36 PM
<<<Background.. I bid on an item on cleo's site and ended up not buying it from Gizzelle/Isalya. Never insulted her, she wrote rude comments on cleo's as expected, I replied with three ... not bad mouthing her at all. She got me banned from cleo's and this is added bonus I guess.>>>

Failed to mention your "If you were on your knee's" comment and the fact that you backed out on 12 other sales on Cleo's. It wasn't Gizzelle/Isalya that got you banned it was you buying 13 items and not picking up a one of them then leaving negative feedback for the sellers.

SpunGirl
09-25-2003, 03:37 PM
ROFL. Bidding on something on Cleo's and then backing out is extremely annoying to the seller, and it's also rude. No wonder she dislikes you.

For the record, I don't consider tables to be "public" areas. I'll go to a table that has people I know at it if they're inviting me, I won't go just rest with some random stranger. How weird is that? Just because they're mechanically accessible to everyone doesn't mean it makes sense to just join in on people you don't know. Roxia did the right thing, IMO.

-K

CrystalTears
09-25-2003, 03:40 PM
I knew it wasn't just ONE bid! What a crock!

Go ahead, tell us more tales. Who needs soap operas? :D

Betheny
09-25-2003, 03:52 PM
Oh, the thread name to me indicates that Roxia did something bad. :P

IcyPoison
09-25-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
I knew it wasn't just ONE bid! What a crock!

Go ahead, tell us more tales. Who needs soap operas? :D

I never received emails or was contacted from the person with 12 items that I bid on. I did eventually find her, I offered to buy the items from her but she stated she had already relisted them.

JustMe
09-25-2003, 05:31 PM
<<I never received emails or was contacted from the person with 12 items that I bid on. I did eventually find her, I offered to buy the items from her but she stated she had already relisted them.>>

You're saying 4 or 5 different people never contacted you and all left you negative feedback saying the same thing? Must be a conspiracy :rolleyes:

[Edited on 9-25-2003 by JustMe]

Adhara
09-25-2003, 05:33 PM
Just reading from his last post I understand that all the items were from the same person.

JustMe
09-25-2003, 05:35 PM
They were not from the same people. I believe it was a total of five people that he skipped out on. Every one of them stating that he does not reply to E-Mails, in game or is never on AIM.

Drew2
09-25-2003, 05:39 PM
[Edited on 9-26-2003 by Tayre]

SpunGirl
09-26-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by JustMe
<<I never received emails or was contacted from the person with 12 items that I bid on. I did eventually find her, I offered to buy the items from her but she stated she had already relisted them.>>

You're saying 4 or 5 different people never contacted you and all left you negative feedback saying the same thing? Must be a conspiracy :rolleyes:

Isn't it always?!? Roxia is probably in on it too.

-K

IcyPoison
09-26-2003, 06:57 AM

No, if you actually read the post, there were two people, one person had one item, the other person had 12 items.

IcyPoison
09-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

Isn't it always?!? Roxia is probably in on it too.

-K

Roxia is Gizzelle/Isalya.

CrystalTears
09-26-2003, 07:57 AM
Are you sure about that? It's easier to blame a GM than yourself huh?

Morstanya
09-26-2003, 09:14 AM
> Roxia is Gizzelle/Isalya.

Whoa, can anyone confirm that ? I find it hard to believe a GM would intervene on behalf of their own chars when they can simply have another GM handle the matter and stay out of it. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to bring conflict of interest into the matter when it's so easily avoided.

Morstanya, Witch of the North.

Oh ya, I almost forgot. Damn this thread is getting annoying !

Kurili
09-26-2003, 09:17 AM
I dont know, but I find it rather hard to believe myself.

Can someone shed light on this?

Acolyte Kurili

Artha
09-26-2003, 09:23 AM

Roxia is not Isalya. I remember reading the posts of Isalya the player and Roxia the GH on the boards. Roxia's a chick, Isalya's played by a guy.

Kurili
09-26-2003, 09:24 AM
I agree, Lady Daina. It just seems somehow too convenient for belief is all to me. The situation wouldnt change regardless.

Acolyte Kurili

IcyPoison
09-26-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Artha

Roxia is not Isalya. I remember reading the posts of Isalya the player and Roxia the GH on the boards. Roxia's a chick, Isalya's played by a guy.

Isalya and Gizzelle are the same person. They do not interact, they do not talk to each other, they are the same person, not a man.

Gokkem
09-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Absolutely hilarious. All I have to say is if you play with fire you are gonna get burned. I, unlike others I guess, learned that at a young age.

CrystalTears
09-26-2003, 09:49 AM
Isalya and Gizzelle are the same person. They do not interact, they do not talk to each other, they are the same person, not a man.

You act like you're so sure of your information. Prove it. How do you know that the player of those two characters is not a guy and that this person is also Roxia? All because you were spoken to by a GM for harassing a character? Even if they were all controlled by the same person, do you still not get the whole concept of not being able to interact or approach those involved in that warn anymore? Wow, dude, you're thick.

JustMe
09-26-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Artha

Roxia is not Isalya/Gizzelle and Isalya/Gizzelle is a female. Their characters do talk and interact with each other, maybe not when Icy was around, but on a regular basis, yes. If you tried dealing with them as someone else and not slinging rude comments or backing out on sales you'd see a whole new Isalya and Gizzelle. They aren't as much of a bitch as you say they are.

Crazed Sylvan
09-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Artha, you're thinking of Islyia. That character is the one that's played by a guy.

Artha
09-26-2003, 11:48 AM
That's probably it. Thanks for clearing it up, because I was wondering.

Warriorbird
09-26-2003, 02:14 PM
Roxia is not Isalaya.

Skirmisher
09-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Whew. Glad you cleared that up.

For a second I was worried Icy was going to get GSLawyer on the case.

Caramia
09-26-2003, 03:13 PM
<<laughs>> GSLawyer! I so remember that!

CrystalTears
09-26-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Whew. Glad you cleared that up.

For a second I was worried Icy was going to get GSLawyer on the case.

ROFLMFAO!!!

IcyPoison
09-26-2003, 03:50 PM
GSLawyer is already gathering information for the court hearing.

IcyPoison
09-26-2003, 03:53 PM
The discrimination case is set for the 30th of November.

Adhara
09-26-2003, 04:32 PM
someone enlighten me... who's GSLawyer?

Skirmisher
09-26-2003, 04:42 PM
GSLawyer was a poster on the old boards who somehow knew Edge and the two of them got all fired up about suing Simu for different imagined hurts. It was amusing to see the supposed lawyers posts as they were full of idiocy and errors and he had to soon start backpeddling and then switch into all out flight mode as all pretense of his legitimacy fell.

A low moment for Edge to be sure. But he survived as you can see.

The old boards are still there.
http://forum.gsplayers.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

I found one of the threads.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000052.html

Enjoy.:lol: