PDA

View Full Version : +20 Ring of Engagement

Bobmuhthol
06-06-2005, 09:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Bobmuhthol1/RN0022687b1.jpg

Hooray for Bobmuhthol.

To be updated when ring is delivered and everything becomes official.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Dude, I haven't laughed this hard in forever. Congrats.

Edaarin
06-06-2005, 09:24 PM
So you and that middle aged woman hit it off?

StrayRogue
06-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Ah kids. Too funny.

Bobmuhthol
06-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I feel so unloved. :(

06-06-2005, 10:02 PM
That's fantastic.

HarmNone
06-06-2005, 10:04 PM
It's a very pretty ring, Bob. I'm sure your girl will love it. :)

xtc
Bob please tell me you are not getting engaged. A cute little ring among teenagers is fine but nothing more. No offense Bob but tail first, ring second.

peam
Everyone else has pretty much expressed my sentiments.

Bobmuhthol
06-06-2005, 10:05 PM
<<Bob please tell me you are not getting engaged.>>

:( I'd be lying.

<<No offense Bob but tail first, ring second.>>

I predict tail before the ring comes into play.

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by Bobmuhthol]

xtc
06-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Getting engaged is an expensive way to get tail. There are much cheaper ways.

Soulpieced
06-06-2005, 10:23 PM
I'm sorry, but getting a girl an amethyst ring isn't exactly getting engaged.

Bobmuhthol
06-06-2005, 10:24 PM
It's a temp.

Harlock
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
I'm sorry, but getting a girl an amethyst ring isn't exactly getting engaged.

What's the rule again? 2 months allowance?

Bobmuhthol
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
You're not even funny.

But in case you cared at all, you're partially right.. I don't have the money to buy a diamond ring.

StrayRogue
06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
If you're smart you won't do this.

06-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Be like, "I know this is right." And do it. If she feels the same way, even better.

Since it doesn't seem like you have any reservations it can only make you happier. Never, ever, ever look back.

Soulpieced
06-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Stan, he's not even old enough to drive yet.

Edaarin
06-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Better idea: buy an exquisite ring box, and put a condom inside.

DCSL
06-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Um whoa. Not much else to say, 'cept I hope you know what you're doing. Then again, if you did, you might not be doing it... Hm. Good luck!

Bobmuhthol
06-06-2005, 10:37 PM
My confidence is rising every second.

06-06-2005, 10:38 PM
fucking dumbass

Alarke
06-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Holy stupid teenager! This would officially be the dumbest possible move ever made by anyone ... ever. I sincerely hope for you +20 ring of engagement is beat down with the -100 endroll of denied. If this is a joke.. hurrah, if you think you're getting engaged, you have some problems.

StrayRogue
06-06-2005, 10:41 PM
My advice for anyone wanting to get married (no matter what the age) is live with them first.

Bobmuhthol
06-06-2005, 10:42 PM
<<if you think you're getting engaged, you have some problems.>>

I know it.

Soulpieced
06-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Alarke wins the I post more like Soulpieced than Soulpieced award. :bye:

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by Soulpieced]

06-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Has she seen how messy your room is?! She will divorce you when she learns how fun you are to clean up after.

Alarke
06-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Alarke wins the I post more like Soulpieced than Soulpieced award. :bye:

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by Soulpieced]
I... I don't know what to say! I don't even have a speech ready!

Soulpieced
06-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Must be the Chicago thing.

Wezas
06-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
My advice for anyone wanting to get married (no matter what the age) is live with them first.

I doubt Bob's parents would go for that.

As for the overall thread - a promise ring is one thing. Keep it at that, Bob.

Alarke
06-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Promise rings will always always always come back to bite the guy in the ass when the relationship is over... you get that good old... "But you promised to be with me forever!" talk.

06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Alarke
Promise rings will always always always come back to bite the guy in the ass when the relationship is over... you get that good old... "But you promised to be with me forever!" talk.

To which the correct response is... "I made the promise to the skinny you."

Wezas
06-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Dave

So is this girl you're taking to Seattle kind of like a moped?

Hulkein
06-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Hahaha.

All I can say is you'll look back on this in a year (or sooner) and feel like an idiot.

Everyone has the friend who thinks he's going to marry the girl he's been with for a little while, talks engagement, then gets ripped when they break up five months later.

I think my one friend has been 'engaged' three times by now.

06-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Wezas

So is this girl you're taking to Seattle kind of like a moped?

Naw, i dont think so... (not sure what the moped reference meant)
It is an interesting story behind it though... If you IM me I will be glad to tell it to you

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by Dave]

4a6c1
06-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Wow. Congrats!!! (sorta)

Soulpieced
06-06-2005, 11:01 PM
C'mon, moped. Everything's great until your friends see you riding one...

06-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Damn... how did I miss that...

Shes not all that bad, id give her a 7.889 on a 10 scale. She has other endearing qualities though. (hot slutty friends)

Wezas
06-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Shes not all that bad, id give her a 7.889 on a 10 scale.

Richter?

longshot
06-06-2005, 11:12 PM
I know what I want to say, but someone has said it better before, so I will defer...

Ferris Bueller:

Cameron has never been in love - at least, nobody's ever been in love with him. If things don't change for him, he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like shit, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work.

If this doesn't do it for you, I suggest you find out what Whirlin is up to these days...

Hips
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
And I thought -I- was young to be engaged. o_O

Sean of the Thread
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
OMG YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB!!! Dude live your life to at least 22.

06-06-2005, 11:17 PM

Shes not all that bad, id give her a 7.889 on a 10 scale.

Richter?
:stfu::noob::asshole:

Chadj
06-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Guy, wtf.

Lameness.

Gan
06-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Longshot quoted THE manual. I defer to Ferris on this issue.

Kuyuk
06-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Hah, I hope bob prints out this thread and puts it in a scrapbook so when he's older (16/18/25/40), he can look back and be like "Damn! I was a n00b. WTF was I thinking?!"

P.S. Put the ring on your dick and have her get it off, might work better, and plus if she says no, at least you got her to grab ya first.

K.

Left Wing Brat
06-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by xtc

Getting engaged is an expensive way to get tail. There are much cheaper ways.

Like Natti Light

06-07-2005, 12:20 AM
hrmm the quality of woman you might get with Natty light would not be considered tail, please don't give the kid bad suggestions.

AnticorRifling
06-07-2005, 12:28 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

More of an in depth answer later when the wife isn't in the room. But hell no Alex, hell....no.

DeV
06-07-2005, 12:35 AM
She'll love it, and adore you for it no matter what happens in the future.

Good luck, dude.

Hulkein
06-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Anyone have a +20 kick in teh nuts for Bobmuhthol?

Doughboy
06-07-2005, 01:01 AM
Hey yo baby! We havin the honeymoon at my mom's house or yours? I got chores to do before we go over there if so.

Alarke
06-07-2005, 01:22 AM
hrmm the quality of woman you might get with Natty light would not be considered tail, please don't give the kid bad suggestions.
I'd normally agree, but stop by my school sometime... Miami of Ohio has natty light as the beer of choice (DONT ask me why) and the girls are smokin'... don't know why or how it works, but it does. Anyone that can get a smoking girl on 9 dollars per 24 pack is alright in my book.

Hulkein
06-07-2005, 01:43 AM
It's the beer of choice for my school to. It's cheap as hell, that's why.

Czeska
06-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Sec.. Miami party flashback.... Ok.

Anyway..

When I was a teenager, if some guy (no matter how "in love" I was) offered me a ring, it would have freaked me out and sent me backing away faster than you could say +20 boots of walking.

But Dev's prediction could be true too, depends on the wom...er.. girl.

Good luck.

06-07-2005, 09:17 AM
If Macaulay Culkin can do it, you can too Bob.

Wezas
06-07-2005, 09:22 AM
WTF, Nobody drinks Beast in school anymore?

On Topic - however it turns out, Bob, I think you should add the result to your sig.

I [insert result here] on Wednesday, June 7th, 2005

Ebondale
06-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Bob is how old?

Come on now, Bob. Rings are expensive. You're in VA, $20.00 will get you a quickie up in D.C.

Wezas
06-07-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Ebondale
Bob is how old?

Come on now, Bob. Rings are expensive. You're in VA, $20.00 will get you a quickie up in D.C.

Pretty sure he's in MA.

I would have received some kind of alert on my computer if he's within my state.

Leetahkin
06-07-2005, 09:43 AM
Everyone has to go through experiences in their life, good and bad.
And you ultimately have to learn the hard way when it comes to relationships and feelings.

Good luck, Bob.

Ebondale

Originally posted by Ebondale
Bob is how old?

Pretty sure he's in MA.

I would have received some kind of alert on my computer if he's within my state.

Ah yeah, its peam I'm thinking of.

Well shoot, go to New York or something. ;)

Ebondale
I shouldn't talk though. I'm about to get married, myself.

I'm 24, though. *shrug*

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by Ebondale]

AnticorRifling
06-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Stay single a long time. I didn't and I have tons of regrets. Sure married life isn't the worst thing in the world (I'm not having my skin removed by some dude that doesn't speak english so I will tell them what I know for instance) but man if I was single now I can tell you'd I'd have so much more fun.

Don't freakin do it. Just don't. Wait until you're at least 25. Yeah 25 is a good age, by then you'll have had the chance to do alot of guy stuff that you just can't do when you're married.

Wezas
06-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Seriously, bang at least a handful of girls before you get engaged/married.

Like the others I point to Ferris' speech. He is a wise man. Except when he married the horse face from Sex in the City.

AnticorRifling
06-07-2005, 10:25 AM

You don't even have to do that just enjoy being a single guy that can do stupid shit whenever you want.

Wezas
06-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

You don't even have to do that just enjoy being a single guy that can do stupid shit whenever you want.

Banging the handful of girls would be included in the "stupid shit". How can you know you have a Porsche if you're never driven in a few Hondas to compare it to.

Fission
06-07-2005, 10:34 AM
In all seriousness... if you can't afford a real ring, how in the hell are you going to afford being married?

:?:

Wezas
06-07-2005, 10:35 AM
With his sword fetish he can barely pull off being a boyfriend.

Atlanteax
06-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Prediction:

Girl accepts Bob's ring.

Girl denies Bob "tail" but gives it to Other Dude.

Other Dude shows his appreciation by bitchslapping Girl upside the head.

Girl complains to Bob about other Other Dude.

Bob promises Girl sincere appreciation and shells out more $$$.

Girl goes back to Other Dude for another bitchslap.

Bob is Pwned

StrayRogue
06-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Bob being pwned is my conclusion as well. Perhaps not with the above formula, but pwned somehow.

DeV
06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Czeska
But Dev's prediction could be true too, depends on the wom...er.. girl.

Good luck. Eh, well, I was taking it to be more of a promise ring kind of thing. Depends on the girl, the guy, the type of relationship they have, and their connection.

I guess we'll see...

CrystalTears
06-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Banging the handful of girls would be included in the "stupid shit". How can you know you have a Porsche if you're never driven in a few Hondas to compare it to.

:lol: So true.

Know what? If that's what he wants to do, let him. He already is. If he thinks they can pull it off, more power to him. The more you tell him that what he's doing is nuts, the more he'll do it. So I say let him try. He'll be back with his tail between his legs soon enough.

Miss X
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Awww, it's a very pretty ring. Good luck Bob, at 14 I thought I was going to marry my highschool sweetheart, in fact, it wasn't until we left highschool that we realised it wasn't to be.

When you're young, you go through these things. It's what makes living fun. I hope it works out well for you. :)

Wezas
06-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
Awww, it's a very pretty ring. Good luck Bob, at 14 I thought I was going to marry my highschool sweetheart, in fact, it wasn't until we left highschool that we realised it wasn't to be.

Give Bob some hope. Did you give it up at back then, Chica?

Groldar
06-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Good luck bob, ignore these ugly internet dudes who can't run game like you.

pimp on

CrystalTears
06-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Pimps don't generally marry their ho's. :P

Miss X
06-07-2005, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by Miss X

Give Bob some hope. Did you give it up at back then, Chica?

Yeah, after 2 years. Made the bastard wait. ;)

AnticorRifling
06-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Groldar
Good luck bob, ignore these ugly internet dudes who can't run game like you.

pimp on
Thanks for the flames mates, I'll be off now to find another game to play in my free time. I'll leave you to yourselves now. - you

Overlord
06-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Ok wait wait wait...You're getting engaged, and you "Haven't" resided with the woman?. How long have you been together?.....You "Don't" own your own place???. Not that I expect you to justify yourself...(do I?).

Clear a few things up?...or wait...you ARE clinically insane! I completely disregarded that as a factor. Or was it....puppy love clouding your wits?

Wezas
06-07-2005, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Overlord
Ok wait wait wait...You're getting engaged, and you "Haven't" resided with the woman?. How long have you been together?.....You "Don't" own your own place???. Not that I expect you to justify yourself...(do I?).

Technically you're not supposed to consumate the relationship or live together before you're married.

Groldar
06-07-2005, 11:23 AM
let the man do what he do. He might wanna get her knocked up so he can secure some loot from her dad or something yo. chill

Harlock
06-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, Bob, here's a few suggestions. I was 14 once, too. I know you get tired pf people giving you advice and think to yourself, "Well, they've forgotten what it's like and I am different danmit, people are individuals" and you are right. One thing to remember, however, is that there are certain patterns that people tend to recognize.

Let me give you some honest background here. I'm 31 now, happily married with two beautiful children. My wife and I met when I was about to graduate from high School. I was 17, she was 16. She was not my first girlfriend, but I was her first boyfriend. We were very up front with one another. I've always worn my heart on my sleeve, so dealing with emotions and expressing them to her was no big deal and she found it rather refreshing. We knew after 2 weeks that we wanted to be married. We were very much in love with one another.

But, she and I both knew we were too young to be engaged. I did buy her an emerald and diamond ring when I was in college, but it was not a promise ring (because I did not want that to bite me in the ass later, yes, even though I was certain I was going to marry this woman, I knew also that people can change, I had had enough girlfriends to know that already). Our love continued to grow and grew from those first AMAZING feelings of a new love into a REAL love. Finally, after 2 and a half years of dating steadily with barely even a disagreement, we got engaged. She was in college, as was I, and we promised our families we would wait until after we graduated, because we wanted to start out on solid ground. We'd seen too many friends marry young, right out of high school, run into finicial problems, drop school, get divorced and just resent each other.

So, in her Senior year (I was already done with school) I had started drinking pretty hard, having discovered the social scene around the time I turned 21 and legal to drink. We were seeing each other less, because she was so busy with a practicum and student teaching, so I filled my time with Jim Beam and parties. By the time she was done with school (we had set a wedding date for a year after she graduated) I was really fucked up and our relationship was a shambles. We had changed, and not for the better. I knew I needed a change. I called off the wedding, but didn't break up with her for another month or so.

We still talked. We still loved one another. I had put distance between us before there was irrepairable damage done in that regard. I cleaned up, found Jesus, encouraged her to date someone else because frankly I wanted her not to regret never having had another boyrfiend and wonder about greener grass and eventually to wander. So, we dated other people. It only made us realize all the more what we were missing. I told her I wanted to marry someone I shred a faith with, and so she started investigating Church. We were still broken up, but still talked on the phone and such. Eventually, when she thought I was entirely out of her life (I was planning to move to Portland, OR) she decided to join church. She knew she could because she still believed it even when there was no hope of me coming back. So, we started seeing each other at church functions. We, very cautiously, started dating one another again.

Eventually, we began datin one another exclusively again. I asked her to marry me, and she said yes. We waited a year, and then were married. I was 25, she was 24.

So, what's the point of all of this? Just to give you a heads up I guess. People change, sometimes for the worst. Sometimes change is good and it makes you stronger. You're 14 years old. Emotions are extremely high at that age. If it's really love, it'll stay strong and true, like it did between my wife and me. You'll have peeks and valleys. Don't invest too much money, time or of yourself into this. If I recall correctly, you've only been dating this girl for a short time. Give it some more time. Enjoy every second of these feelings, but control how they control you. Don't worry about sex or what you've touched. That shows a lack of maturity in the extreme. Anyway, there's an "old" man's take on things. Best of luck to you and your belle.

Overlord
06-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Hell one of my friends got married at 16 (obviouslly not in california) and hes still married are 29 (sure sure not long but they have 2 kids and own a nice bloody house in California). It can work man, just has to be a certain method to your "madness". Just don't rush man.

Alarke
06-07-2005, 01:40 PM
16 is still too young by a long shot... but I wonder how it feels to have your mom drop you off at your wedding? Are you supposed to call for a ride home too, or will the father in law pick you up? :?:

[Edited on 6-7-2005 by Alarke]

Overlord
06-07-2005, 01:46 PM
lmfao Dunno man, when i was a security guard at an egyptian museum 4 years ago on the grave shift right, I was out doing a patrol of the premesis when i noticed one of those baby carrier deals....sitting on the grass while the sprinklers were going off. Something I don't need during my shift of course, so I start to meander over to the thing avoiding getting drenched. Suddenly theres a rustle in the bushes and I point my flashlight and demand who evers in there to "Get the hell out here". Eventually a young girl emerges and is followed by an adolescent boy barely (Man his balls might have dropped not a year prior), protruding out of his damn trousers like a damn cocktail sausage lmfao.
Their excuse was that they were newly weds and were very intimate with each other but they lived with the boys family and had no privacy....i mean come on just go into the bathroom and lock the door.

Anyway, somehwat comical and disturbing true story of teenage marrieed couples...joyus retards that they were.

Apotheosis
06-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Bob, become life long partners while you can.. Seriously, after you hit 18 (you, and the people you date) just become more fucked up. I am not LYING.. so, umm, try to like be super awesome with this one and keep things going, cause if u feel like marrying her, then chase her..

and don't listen to all the guys who are like "get tail first, blah blah blah", they're most likely virgins, not getting tail because of their attitude, getting really low quality tail because of their attitude or just too fugly/pathetic, etc..

(but seriously, get some tail ;) , just respect her afterwards )

Wezas
06-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Yswithe
and don't listen to all the guys who are like "get tail first, blah blah blah", they're most likely virgins, not getting tail because of their attitude, getting really low quality tail because of their attitude or just too fugly/pathetic, etc..

Busted!

06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
I refuse to get married before 35

- Arkans

06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
At your age there's a lot of inhibition that can distract you from doing things that nature has designed you to do.

Things like alcohol, drugs and and prostitution are mother nature's ways of becoming one with not only your body, but someone else's as well, Alex. These are things that can and will help in your newly found love.

Best of luck to you and keep us all updated.

Drew2
06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Good story, Harlock. Thanks for sharing.

Overlord
06-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Ehe, I'd have to agree, I've got too much to do and I can't enjoy it if I'm married lol once I'm finished enjoying life...then I'll get married to stir things up a bit...:nutty:

Bobmuhthol
06-07-2005, 03:44 PM
<<In all seriousness... if you can't afford a real ring, how in the hell are you going to afford being married?>>

In all seriousness, I can rely on a 50k/yr job out of college. By that time, I think I'll be able to afford such a situation.

Obviously, I'm not going to get married before 18 because it is not recognized by law. I'll also most likely finish college first, so there's another six years that I have to be single. This is more of a promise ring than an engagement ring because I don't have the ability to see 10 years into the future.

I'm carefully going through everything that's been said on both sides, but I think what I had planned to happen is a fair compromise for either view. I'm certainly not going to ruin my life over it, and it's going to take plenty of time to go into effect. My impatientness, though, compels me to do at least this as soon as I can.

Edaarin has requested that I make it known that impatientness is not a word.

Edaarin
06-07-2005, 03:51 PM
Commitment is a terrifying thing at your age.

This is about the time you should be first uttering the words, RIVER OF BLOOD GET THE FUCK OUT.

Nakiro
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Why are you even worrying about these things now? When I was your age when I met my current fiancee I occasionally had feelings that I would end up marrying her, but I never thought of proposing at 15!

Instead I played it out. I let her go to college three hours away, I kept in touch daily via IM, we saw each other on extended weekends and breaks, and we grew together even though we were apart.

You have plenty of opportunity remaining to continue your relationship with this girl. Your ambitions now and your ambitions later will most likely change too, and so will hers. My best advice is to calm down and take it slow. If you do not have the patience to wait now, you are going to be sore during marriage, because marriage requires a lot of patience.

longshot
06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Bob, if you still can't hear the voice of reason, listen to Vince Vaugn's character from "Oldschool" as he advises Will Ferrel's character of the horrible mistake of marraige.

"Well, let me be the first to say congratulations to you man; you have one vagina for the rest of your life. Real smart man. "

longshot
06-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Bob, on a serious note here, I will try to put into words the knowledge I've gained from living 10 years longer than you.

1. I'm am not completely crazy.
2. I'm old enough to have lived a bit, but not so old that my advice or experiences are from another era. We had cell phones and IM when I started dating...

So, having said that, think what you want of this...

When you live through things, they seem really, really big as you experience them. To you, there are so many details, and they are all important.

To us with experience, your relationship with this girl can be summed up to a sentence at most. Some may go with as little as three words- "Bob's first love".

Is this really fair to you? Yes and no. If you were explaining your situation to me, or anyone else in detail, I'm almost positive you would say things like, "But, you just don't understand" as you tell us your feelings for this girl. You think we're only getting part of the story, and making a snap judgement on incomplete information.

But, while we don't know all the details, we feel that we've lived long enough to know how the story will go.

As you "grow up" (note- some people get older, but never really grow up), you are able to remove yourself from things that happened in the past. Details start fading, and you remember only the important parts. That three year saga that you experienced in 10th grade eventually becomes a footnote. The girl who liked him, and then broke up with him, and then you started dating her, but then she moved and blah blah fucking blah eventually just becomes "That bitch I fucked from South Carolina".

I know it sounds harsh, but it's ture.

I'm sure you've experienced this with your friends... they tell you something that sounds so utterly rediculous that you think they are crazy... yet in their heads, they are so confused by being stuck in the moment, they make a really poor decision.

It's really easy to see your friend's fuckups because this distance gives you the proper perspective that they just can't get because everything is so big, and so real to them.

This "vision", for lack of a better word, allows you to cut through the shit and see to the heart of the matter. While distance helps people see things clearly, so does experience.

Many of us here have been where you've been and felt how you've felt. I know it seems hard to recognize it now, but we see what you don't.

Let things evolve. You're forcing something that doesn't need to be forced. If you want to give her a ring, then give her a ring because "It so reminded me of you when I saw it".

That's the only meaning it should have.

Edaarin
06-07-2005, 11:30 PM
To add to longshot, please remember three indisputable facts that every man learns at some point in his life.

1. Women are irrational.
2. Women are completely, utterly insane.
3. Whatever you do will have the opposite effect you wanted it to, and it's always your fault.

SpunGirl
06-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Hm. Still having feelings for my "first love" myself, I can't discourage Bob from being sentimental at this age.

However, love at this age is just not reality. If you guys really want to be together, it remains to be seen whether or not you guys can handle "grownup" love (this means love with bills, job stress, and other harsh realities).

Best of luck.

-K

AnticorRifling
06-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Been married under 2 years now. I'm dead inside.

That being said just an FYI make sure she likes what you like and don't let that puppy love blind you like it did me.

xtc
06-08-2005, 12:35 AM
The best feelings arise below the waist.

SpunGirl
06-08-2005, 12:36 AM

And here you're always posting about the gallant gestures you make for your wife.

-K

Hulkein
06-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Just because he's not liking it doesn't mean he isn't trying.

I feel bad for anyone with marriage troubles.

AnticorRifling
06-08-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by SpunGirl

And here you're always posting about the gallant gestures you make for your wife.

-K

I still do everything I can for her. But I've also realized that we have nothing in common. I love her to no ends, which is the reason I will do anything for her to the extent of denying myself what I want, but it will be the death of me I'm sure.

We just don't have the same interests, hobbies, likes, dislikes, etc. Come to find out she's extremely co-dependent and me well not so much and I'm not big on uber clingy. She can't do anything or be alone and she can't make a decision. She literally has mini panick attacks deciding the most basic shit and then I get in trouble for getting frustrated heh.

It's what I call life. It's not horrible, it's not perfect, but it most certainly is.

SpunGirl
06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry, Anticor. I think it's nice that you still do sweet things for her, hopefully she loves doing things to make you happy too. Maybe you could develop a common interest together, or something.... and encourage her to do her own thing once in awhile. I love doing my own thing, and my husband loves when I leave for a weekend so he can eat chee-tos and drink beer in his boxers.

Off topic, sry.

-K

AnticorRifling
06-08-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry, Anticor. I think it's nice that you still do sweet things for her, hopefully she loves doing things to make you happy too. Maybe you could develop a common interest together, or something.... and encourage her to do her own thing once in awhile. I love doing my own thing, and my husband loves when I leave for a weekend so he can eat chee-tos and drink beer in his boxers.

Off topic, sry.

-K

Don't be sorry. I'm still having fun I'm just devoid of guy time. It wouldn't be so bad if all of her friends weren't scattered to the wind so she'd have someone to hang out with. She hates the fact that I make instant friends that's not in her skill set. She actually watched GS over my shoulder the other night and asked questions I about fainted heh.

Bob, seriously, wait. This is going to sound wrong but I think it might help.... I don't speak from the perspective of a middle age person, a woman, or someone who's never been married. I speak from my heart which resides in the body of a 24 year old guy that married the girl he was dating since Jr year in highschool.

Wait. You need to be a guy. A free guy, a guy that can do what he wants and when he wants to. You can do these things when you're married but there is a catch (there always is) even if she doesn't guilt trip you there will be the twinge of doubt in the back of your mind. It says shouldn't I be with her, should I be having fun when I have things that need done at home? This will ruin the good times you're trying to have. Not always but enough times you want to go cut some brake lines (figuritivly). Wait.

DCSL
06-08-2005, 02:22 AM
That's so depressing. ;_; Quick, someone post a happy marriage story.

SpunGirl
06-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Ugh, no kidding. I have a happy marriage story. I was 23, he was 24. It'll be two years next month, and our anniversary trip is all planned.

We met in college and knew after two months that we wanted to get married, but agreed to wait until after graduation. We lived together for our last two years of college. Our friends mixed well and now it's one huge group that has spawned random friendships and hookups of its own.

We moved away from everyone for his job, and I didn't know what I wanted to do yet. He got a spot that fits him perfectly and I figured out what I wanted to do soon enough. Now we both have jobs we love and we bought our first home last fall. He goes out with the guys, but more often than not (since we have friends that are married too) we go out in groups with our friends who constantly visit Vegas.

That said, he lets me run off for random weekends with GS friends or the girls and he gets to do guy stuff like go to NCAA tourney games or sit at the bar and play beer pong. If he makes plans with his friend Scott, I'll make a spa appointment or make plans with my friend Jordan... and vice versa (except he doesn't do spas). We're pretty spontaneous... it's nice to be able to decide to have sex at three in the afternoon, take a nap, then go out for dinner at eight and decide to drive to Newport Beach the next day. I guess that would change if we had kids, but we don't and I'm not sure we ever will.

We need each other, but we know who we are without each other too. We choose to be together.

-K

Asha
06-08-2005, 06:02 AM
Miss X still won't commit to me.
My eye's starting to wander hon. . be quick!
Xx

Drew
06-08-2005, 07:08 AM
I speak from my heart which resides in the body of a 24 year old guy

I know that you are 24 Anticor but I never believe it, you always seem so much older to me. Not PB old, but, you know, like late 20s.

And Bob, make it a promise ring if you have to, Longshot had the best post though. Tell her it reminded her of you. The less eager you seem the more eager she'll be.

Groldar
06-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Bob, if you need fundz for a better ring, lets make you a good website for your case, and we'll get it spammed all over the internet with a paypal donation link. You'd get mad cash I bet.

We could also flame people on the website in cryptic egyptian code.

06-08-2005, 07:41 AM
lol

AnticorRifling
06-08-2005, 08:01 AM
Bob, if you need fundz for a better ring, lets make you a good website for your case, and we'll get it spammed all over the internet with a paypal donation link. You'd get mad cash I bet.

We could also flame people on the website in cryptic egyptian code.

Thanks for the flames mates, I'll be off now to find another game to play in my free time. I'll leave you to yourselves now. - you

Atlanteax
06-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Ugh, no kidding. I have a happy marriage story. I was 23, he was 24. It'll be two years next month, and our anniversary trip is all planned.

We met in college and knew after two months that we wanted to get married, but agreed to wait until after graduation. We lived together for our last two years of college. Our friends mixed well and now it's one huge group that has spawned random friendships and hookups of its own.

We moved away from everyone for his job, and I didn't know what I wanted to do yet. He got a spot that fits him perfectly and I figured out what I wanted to do soon enough. Now we both have jobs we love and we bought our first home last fall. He goes out with the guys, but more often than not (since we have friends that are married too) we go out in groups with our friends who constantly visit Vegas.

That said, he lets me run off for random weekends with GS friends or the girls and he gets to do guy stuff like go to NCAA tourney games or sit at the bar and play beer pong. If he makes plans with his friend Scott, I'll make a spa appointment or make plans with my friend Jordan... and vice versa (except he doesn't do spas). We're pretty spontaneous... it's nice to be able to decide to have sex at three in the afternoon, take a nap, then go out for dinner at eight and decide to drive to Newport Beach the next day. I guess that would change if we had kids, but we don't and I'm not sure we ever will.

We need each other, but we know who we are without each other too. We choose to be together.

-K

Sounds like it is working out great for you Kristin. :thumbsup:

Also seems to have an ideal combination of together time, and individual time.

Everything about Marriage seems to involve some sort of balancing act, whatever it is.

Shalla
06-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
To add to longshot, please remember three indisputable facts that every man learns at some point in his life.

1. Women are irrational.
2. Women are completely, utterly insane.
3. Whatever you do will have the opposite effect you wanted it to, and it's always your fault.

LMAO! I don't even know what to say to that.

Anyways, I've been asked to get married by 2 exes before, on different occasions, and had I said yes.. they would've gone through with it.. it always pisses me off when they just flat out say it, or say let's elope or go to the civil court or something. I would've been sooo angry if they did have a ring, and put me on the spot.. especially infront of friends and family. I would probably say yes, to not humiliate him.. but if he knew me well, he should be able to tell from my eyes, and nose flaring how mad I am like a steaming kettle about to explode, and he would be very afraid because he'll know he's dead after everybody leaves.

Unless you know this girl well enough, and is sure that she feels absolutely the same, if not more about you alex.. I concur with what was suggested. Or make it like, I'm giving this as a symbol of how I feel about you.. don't put the pressure on her, and if you mean alot to her? She will take it to heart.

Edit: You probably would marry her eventually too. Because years down the road, she will remember the young boy who gave her the ring, as a symbol of his love thing.. and she would definitely try and find you.

[Edited on 6-9-2005 by Lady Shalla]

Nakiro
06-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Statistically the chances are good that you'd get married even if you waited. 40% of all people marry their first love.

AnticorRifling
06-09-2005, 06:37 PM
86.7898% of all statistics are bullshit.

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2005, 10:50 PM
<<40% of all people marry their first love.>>

How could anyone possibly know that?

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2005, 10:51 PM
<<Unless you know this girl well enough, and is sure that she feels absolutely the same, if not more about you alex.. I concur with what was suggested.>>

It was her idea alert.

06-09-2005, 10:53 PM
dude, it hasent even been 2 months... how many dates have you gone out on?

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2005, 10:56 PM

Edaarin
06-09-2005, 11:01 PM

1. Women are irrational.

Originally posted by Lady Shalla

Anyways, I've been asked to get married by 2 exes before, on different occasions

I would probably say yes, to not humiliate him.. but if he knew me well, he should be able to tell from my eyes, and nose flaring how mad I am like a steaming kettle about to explode, and he would be very afraid because he'll know he's dead after everybody leaves.

I rest my case.

(I'm half serious).

Alarke
06-09-2005, 11:06 PM
2 dates? And was it the first date or second date she suggested marriage? Try and average above one date a month before you're stuck with her forever.

SpunGirl
06-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Remember that kids in high school probably hang out/make out at lunch and after school every day. Not necessarily dates, but forges a connection nonetheless.

I'm not saying getting engaged is the best idea ever, but I do remember being 14.

-K

Alarke
06-09-2005, 11:11 PM
This is true, i hadn't thought about school at all... Although that's a solid point, my thoughts on the situation still dont chance.

xtc
06-09-2005, 11:14 PM

1. Women are irrational.

Anyways, I've been asked to get married by 2 exes before, on different occasions

I would probably say yes, to not humiliate him.. but if he knew me well, he should be able to tell from my eyes, and nose flaring how mad I am like a steaming kettle about to explode, and he would be very afraid because he'll know he's dead after everybody leaves.

I rest my case.

(I'm half serious).

From the movie "As Good as it Gets"

Receptionist: How do you write women so well

Melvin: Easy. I think of man, and I take away reason and accountability

longshot
06-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Nakiro
Statistically the chances are good that you'd get married even if you waited. 40% of all people marry their first love.

I'm sure that's the gospel in the hills you come from.

Was this right after your lesson on the theory of"intelligent design"?

Or was it just after a riveting debate about great American NASCAR heroes?

Let's try to give Bob helpful advice that won't fuck him up too terribly, okay?

Jolena
06-10-2005, 12:51 AM
Well then! Ahem.

Bob, being in love is great. Really really great. And then somehow laying underneath the greatness is the possibility for some really crappy feelings too. As I'm sure you have learned or will learn in the future, love can be just as painful as it can feel great.

That being said, I think if you want to give this girl a promise ring, then go ahead. It will at the very least be a learning experience for you and hopefully one that you can someday look back upon with fondness and not bitterness.

Sometimes, although rarely, people do marry the one they fall in love with when they are still very young. My grandparents are one such example. Married 50 years before they passed on and although they definately had some rough times, their bond was umistakable and unshakable as well. I envy them to be honest. It's definately not something that happens often but it can happen. I hope that it happens for you. If not, I'm sure you will use the experience to your advantage and learn from it. Good luck and that's sincere. (and surprising from me to you I'm sure heh!)

As to the discussions of marriage. I'm a bit shocked in some ways to the responses given here. In other ways I guess I'm not. Being divorced myself I know that marriage can turn very sour and nothing is ever guaranteed in life. People *do* change and whether or not you can adjust to each other during those times well enough to continue in your relationship can't really be forseen.

However, marriage is not just about sex obviously. Sex, as most all of us know, can be received from just about anywhere if you have enough money heh. What marriage is about though is friendship first and foremost. You have to have things in common, not everything mind you, but at least some. You should be able to be friends with your future spouse/current spouse more then anything else. Be confident in the fact that you can turn to your spouse in most times and be accepted if not agreed with completely. That no matter what else, if you truly need that person, they will be there. (excluding a few extreme circumstances of course)

Marriage takes a lot of consideration for the other person and the ability on both parties to truly TALK about things beforehand. If you don't communicate well (and that's not just about good things, it's about bad things too) then you will NEVER make it in the marriage happily. I don't care how much you love each other.
If marriage were just about passion for each other, there would really be no point to it.

I'll referr to a quote from "Shall We Dance" which is "Marriage is one person saying to the other "I will be your witness. Your life will not go unnoticed, because I will notice it.""

I truly hope that through the years you and your girlfriend are able to get to that point, Bob. If so, you will make it and probably be very happy most of the time in your marriage to each other. And when you're not happy, you will have someone there who understands and is there just to sit with if need be.

Also, EVERYONE needs 'me time'. I'm sorry for you Anticor, I'd go crazy if I didn't get my 'me time' and I would be ashamed if I didn't let James have his time as well. It's only healthy to desire that and helps us remain happy together, in my opinion.

Shalla
06-10-2005, 01:44 AM

It was her idea alert.

Well, I don't know how she truly is.. but with her age, assuming she is your age.. that she's in that stage when she thinks being engaged is just the coolest thing that would lead to a happy ever lasting marriage. Wrong. Many girls, including myself have had that delusion until about eighteen.

Like everybody said, you're too young to commit right now.. but present it like this.. be honest, assuming it is how you feel.. That as much as you want to make her happy, You believe that you're both too young to be engaged into a serious relationship.. and that you're scared of what you have to end *insert tear on the cheeks here* and that you want her to take her time to make sure you are the one she wanted to be with, because you won't be able to take it if she suddenly realizes she doesn't * insert gazing down and sighing here * I'm not strong enough but I want you to have this ring.. to show you how I truly feel.. you mean alot to me, and when you're really sure of what you want.. and have taken your time.. I'm here right beside you. *insert sweet kiss on the forehead with your eyes closed *

I rest my case.

(I'm half serious).

Hey hey, I resent that. and it's a generalization. My fear of commitment stems from still clinging to a residue of that delusional "perfect" relationship I had when I was young.. and the insensitive cheating duffuses we have in the world contributes to my cynicism.

My screening process and expectations is almost impossible and unrealistic, that I honestly think I'm actually going to be alone for the rest of my life. poo :(

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by Lady Shalla]

06-10-2005, 01:54 AM
buahahahahahahahaha X 10203405060565664

06-10-2005, 01:56 AM
If this doesn't do it for you, I suggest you find out what Whirlin is up to these days...

hahahahahahaha

This is the BEST THREAD EVER

Edaarin
06-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Curious, what kind of screening process do you have Shalla?

Over the past three years, my screening process has gotten to the point where the key virtue I'm looking for in a girl is NOT A CRAZY BITCH. It's surprisingly hard to find Southern girls that fit that.

Shalla
06-10-2005, 01:59 AM
Curious, what kind of screening process do you have Shalla?

Over the past three years, my screening process has gotten to the point where the key virtue I'm looking for in a girl is NOT A CRAZY BITCH. It's surprisingly hard to find Southern girls that fit that.

One strike and you're out :(

06-10-2005, 02:07 AM
Shalla looks for me

Shalla
06-10-2005, 02:10 AM
It's a joke. Seriously though, I don't even know anymore. The thing is, I try to be open but at the same time try not to date jerks and everything.. I seriously try and pluck out the bad seeds, and try and find the one I have chemistry with.. and everything else that comes into play.. affectionate, caring blah blah. but I almost always manage to get hurt in the process. I try and open up, and basically turn into this ideal girlfriend.. and at the same time be true to myself. I can really really like a person very quickly, I can easily be enfatuated.. but falling inlove takes me a really long time. And when I finally do, that's when he would do something that would hurt. I found out that the guys who are nice nice, are more susceptible to hurting someone. Nice guys aren't always the one to be with.

Anyways. Time alex. Take your time, if she doesn't understand that.. or won't accept it. That lack of understanding will soon haunt that engagement.

[Edited on 6-10-2005 by Lady Shalla]

Shalla
06-10-2005, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
Shalla looks for me

Bitch, you blocked me from aim :grr:

<3

06-10-2005, 02:12 AM
No i didn't.

Shalla
06-10-2005, 02:15 AM
how come I don't see you online then?

Edaarin
06-10-2005, 02:16 AM
Ranger blocked me too :no:

And I thought we were making real progress. Now I see that you're one of those nice guys that hurt most that Shalla was talking about.

06-10-2005, 02:17 AM
cuz I;m not

Shalla
06-10-2005, 02:20 AM
There you go, it's not always me who doesn't message back :P

06-10-2005, 02:22 AM
How can I message back and Aim doesn't even work on this comp

Shalla
06-10-2005, 02:28 AM
I love e-mails. :)

06-10-2005, 02:31 AM
You don't reply to those and I'm not much for correspondence

Shalla
06-10-2005, 02:32 AM
I do too! It's just after a while, I get lazy and just stop. :P

Atlanteax
06-10-2005, 08:50 AM
I do too! It's just after a while, I get lazy and just stop. :P

No wonder your screening process is so effective... the guys give up on you! :smug:

Atlanteax
06-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by xtc
From the movie "As Good as it Gets"

Receptionist: How do you write women so well

Melvin: Easy. I think of man, and I take away reason and accountability

So True! (well, not all women, just most) :lol:

Wezas
06-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Bob, have you asked her if she's been "engaged" before?

Just a hunch.

Myitkyina
06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm with Jolena on this one... I agree that it's really important to emphasize the friendship. I remember my first love fondly because we were best friends, and we both worked very hard at maintaining the friendship after we broke up (after a necessary cooling off period). We're not best friends anymore, but we write each other frequently for advice or just to check-in, and I value our relationship for its long history--he knows who I am, and remembers who I was.

Friendship is also necessary for the romantic relationships you're able to maintain and transform into partnerships. My fiance and I are friends and partners and rapidly becoming family. I know that I can talk to him about anything and everything, and he's learned to open up to me too. And some of the truths are hard, even painful, but we're learning to work together to overcome everything. The more we communicate, the closer we become, and the stronger our relationship is.

Like many of the others who have posted, I think it's too early for an engagement ring, and even too early for a promise ring. If she's pushing to be engaged so soon, I think it speaks to her insecurities. Maybe she's worried she'll lose you, or not sure where she stands with you. I understand insecurities--I have a lot of them, and I'm constantly working to overcome them. But insecurities are the wrong reason to make a premature commitment. Giving her the ring is a lovely idea, and I'm sure she'll appreciate it. My advice is to use the ring to show her you're serious about continuing the relationship, and that you care for her a lot. Don't make any promises you'll later regret--that will only cause her to feel more insecure in the future.

Nakiro
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by longshot

Originally posted by Nakiro

I'm sure that's the gospel in the hills you come from.

Was this right after your lesson on the theory of"intelligent design"?

Or was it just after a riveting debate about great American NASCAR heroes?

Let's try to give Bob helpful advice that won't fuck him up too terribly, okay?

No its the national average. I got it off a wedding show from the STYLE channel.

I have no interest in NASCAR but I do believe in intelligent deisgn.

Please pull that stick out of your ass. Thanks in advance.

Shalla
06-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Jolena should be zee love moderator. :yes:

Jolena
06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh hell no. :lol: I mean, what I said works really well for me and many others I know but it takes a lot (and I do mean a LOT) of work to make it consistently work. I don't think i'd have time to keep my relationship going and moderate someone else's love life haha. :shibby:

longshot
06-10-2005, 08:15 PM
It's a joke. Seriously though, I don't even know anymore. The thing is, I try to be open but at the same time try not to date jerks and everything.. I seriously try and pluck out the bad seeds, and try and find the one I have chemistry with.. and everything else that comes into play.. affectionate, caring blah blah. but I almost always manage to get hurt in the process. I try and open up, and basically turn into this ideal girlfriend.. and at the same time be true to myself. I can really really like a person very quickly, I can easily be enfatuated.. but falling inlove takes me a really long time. And when I finally do, that's when he would do something that would hurt. I found out that the guys who are nice nice, are more susceptible to hurting someone. Nice guys aren't always the one to be with.

:popcorn:

To stay on topic...

Bob, what's the status of the ring?

Has it been dispelled to +5 ring of friendship?

Killer Kitten
06-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Another happy marriage here:

Mike and I lived together three years before getting married. This month we celebrate 21 years of marriage, which makes 24 years together.

He's the best friend I've ever had. We live in each other's pocket a lot more than many couples I know, but we're not constantly up each other's ass. He has his morning coffee club with 'the boys'. I have church, my writing group, and my tons of cousins. He works in computers, I work in animal health. I have to wear my +20 hat of 'will not yawn' when he talks about his job, he has to don his +50 mask of 'will not puke' when I talk about mine. But we don our respective armors and listen attentively to each other's war stories.

Our secrets are to never lose sight of life's humor, and to always treat each other politely. Big rule in our home: Never ever yell at each other unless the house is on fire!

I can't imagine life without him. After all these years, the only thing he said he'd change is to marry sooner.

Just remember humor, politeness and respect and you'll be fine in all relationships, not just marriage.

Bobmuhthol
06-11-2005, 12:58 AM
<<Bob, what's the status of the ring?

Has it been dispelled to +5 ring of friendship?>>

Ring has not come into play yet.

Its path is still unknown.

HouseofElves
06-11-2005, 01:49 AM
I think my friend summed up gender relationships best in this picture he drew of a woman with her arms folded and a look of annoyance on her face. In her thought bubble it said, "He is so dumb and if he doesn't know what he did wrong then there is certainly no way I'm going to tell him. He should know why I'm mad and fix it." And the guy is holding a beer out to her and in his thought bubble it says, "Well I don't know why she's mad but I bet if I do that cool farting trick it'll make up for it. She just needs to hold my beer."

The caption reads: Women are crazy and men are stupid. So true.

Anyways, good luck Bob. Might as well go and get married while you are still young enough for your parents to fix it later.

06-11-2005, 04:23 AM
A straight man should never admit to watching the style channel

Alarke
06-11-2005, 11:57 PM
Umm, a straight man should never know the style channel was an option on the 800 different channels available on my digital cable box.

06-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Well, that was my first reaction but then I figured there might be something to it because I don't watch TV anyway

Bobmuhthol
06-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm giving it to her tomorrow.

Jolena
06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Did you decide if it would be a 'promise ring' or what? Inquiring minds wanna know. :)

SpunGirl
06-13-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm dying to know what happens tomorrow. Update ASAP!

-K

Shari
06-13-2005, 02:13 AM
There's this girl...yeah girl, she's 17. Who claims she is now engaged go her boyfriend...who happens to be living illegally in the US from Mexico.

I want to slap her. :(

06-13-2005, 05:00 AM
I must once again say hahahahashahahahahahahahahahahaha

Groldar
06-13-2005, 06:01 AM
I'm giving it to her tomorrow.

u r my hero

Bobmuhthol
06-13-2005, 02:42 PM
Everything went smoothly.

06-13-2005, 03:21 PM
did she put out at least now?

Wezas
06-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Everything went smoothly.

SUCKER!

Skeeter
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
She'll be sitting at home tonight, 3-waying her friends on the phone, and they'll all be saying in chorus

FUCKING PWNED!!!!!

DeV
06-13-2005, 04:29 PM
did she put out at least now? If he plays his cards right it won't be too long.

AnticorRifling
06-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by DeV

did she put out at least now? If he plays his cards right it won't be too long.

Which makes her a hooker. One that is paid in baubles and trinkets. Just like all women. Get a rock that's worth something and the clothes come off.

DeV
06-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Which makes her a hooker.

I didn't mean to suggest that just because he presentated her with the ring of promise he will automatically get some action. If it's something deeper then it will be based off of her feelings for him, and the sentiments that they've both shown each other throughout their relationship.

We only see what's on the surface (what Bob says) and that's what I go off of when making my assumption. I could be dead wrong and she never gives it up but then she'd be considered something else... and that would suck too.

SpunGirl
06-14-2005, 03:44 AM
Sometimes it's just a tangible symbol of comittment that can get a girl to give it up, that sense of security. Misplaced in some situations as it may be.

Anyway, Bob, your post is pathetically short. Details plz.

-K

Groldar
06-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Sometimes it's just a tangible symbol of comittment that can get a girl to give it up, that sense of security. Misplaced in some situations as it may be.

-K

Your post is pathetically :troll:

Bob, Robert, I am proud of you. If you can find a way to get her prego, then you have a better chance of keeping her on lock.

Also, its good that you didn't buy her a big ring. Girls are like children, if you buy them one nice thing, you can NEVER go back.

AnticorRifling
06-14-2005, 08:27 AM

-K

Your post is pathetically :troll:

Bob, Robert, I am proud of you. If you can find a way to get her prego, then you have a better chance of keeping her on lock.

Also, its good that you didn't buy her a big ring. Girls are like children, if you buy them one nice thing, you can NEVER go back.

Jazuela
06-15-2005, 08:09 AM
So Bob's an incurable romantic. At 14, in the world we live in today, that's pretty amazing. Outstanding even.

I think it's incredibly sweet, and I'm glad it went smoothly. Maybe you will end up marrying her when the two of you are ready. Maybe you won't. But it really doesn't matter. For now, it's all good. And remember (just in case it doesn't work out) :

Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

Good luck and congrats!

Wezas
06-15-2005, 08:14 AM
Glad she accepted. Would have hated to see you stain one of your swords with her blood.