PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Kranar. Petition.

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Should Stainly Turdell be excommunicated?
( To exclude by or as if by decree from membership or participation in a group.)

His postings and antics of late have reached new lows. Skirting the line on TOS or not I think that rejoicing and lauging about someones sibling being raped by a bum is utterly disgusting. Since we are a community and this folder is for community concerns I say make your vote and let it be heard.

Wezas
06-04-2005, 05:16 PM
If we could petition people off of the island we would be Warclaidhm and Klaive-less. Doubt this'll go anywhere.

(but of course I voted yes)

StrayRogue
06-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Yeah. If such a thing was possible there'd be no more Xcalibur.

HarmNone
06-04-2005, 05:17 PM
People are not voted off these boards by the membership at large. It's never happened before, and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen now.

The post you mention, Xyelin, has been removed...as have all responses to it.

Hulkein
06-04-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm telling ya, like the Greeks used to do. Every month we have a write-in vote, person with most votes is exiled for that month.

It'd be good entertainment.

Delirium
06-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Im glad people cant be voted out here. If people got kicked off everytime i was offended this board would have six members if that.

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
People are not voted off these boards by the membership at large. It's never happened before, and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen now.

Thank god.. it was the worst post I have ever seen here. I wouldn't expect this vote to go anywhere but it is to illustrate a point. I find it hard to believe his points have not accumalated to a "time out" yet.

HarmNone
06-04-2005, 05:25 PM
In order to accumulate points, a post must break TOS. Posts removed for being off-topic do not accumulate points, as a rule.

Just because a post is insulting doesn't mean it breaks TOS. If that were true, there would only be about 50 posts left on the boards. :lol:

Nieninque
06-04-2005, 05:50 PM
and for the record she wasnt raped
she was with me when I was subject to an attempted robbery and she was threatened. The man got 2 years inside.

06-04-2005, 05:57 PM
worst petition ever

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Nieninque
and for the record she wasnt raped
she was with me when I was subject to an attempted robbery and she was threatened. The man got 2 years inside.

Well that is a relief to hear. The man is getting it inside his insides for 2 years at least.

Keller
06-04-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Xyelin

Thank god.. it was the worst post I have ever seen here. I wouldn't expect this vote to go anywhere but it is to illustrate a point. I find it hard to believe his points have not accumalated to a "time out" yet.

Poking fun at rape is acceptable.

Mocking TOS by saying, "All fags are niggers" is definately not.

And remember. EVERYTHING is Kranar's decision, so if you have any problems -- no one else has any responsibility.

Nakiro
06-04-2005, 08:21 PM
I voted no.

Back
06-04-2005, 08:42 PM
The PC is not a democracy, or an oligarchy. Its a monarchy. Though at times it seems like a patriarchy, or a matriarchy.

[edit for too many archys]

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by Backlash]

Drew
06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
I thought in general we kind of hated Stanley when he first came to the board but now we were cool with him.

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Keller

Originally posted by Xyelin

Poking fun at rape is acceptable.

Mocking TOS by saying, "All fags are niggers" is definately not.

And remember. EVERYTHING is Kranar's decision, so if you have any problems -- no one else has any responsibility.

Actually his post was not acceptable and was removed. I also think insulting family members or somin is a violation? Ie.. fuk your mother..sister.. daughter.. etc.

HarmNone
06-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Actually, insulting family members, in and of itself, is not a violation. This is especially true when the insult involves something the person whose family is being targetted brought to the boards him/herself. However, in this case, the comment made wasn't even a true representation of what happened, not to mention being off-topic to the thread.

If we think about it, logic will tell us that rarely will an insult to someone's family member be on topic. The only exception I can think of is if someone posted a thread about something dumb their relative did and someone else posted "Boy, your <insert relative here> is sure dumb!

Off-topic posts accumulate points only when the poster of said posts is found to be disrupting multiple threads with them, or posting hostile comments directed toward another member seemingly every time they get the opportunity. Normally, rather than start awarding points for disruption, I'll ask that the off-topic posts stop. I'll do the same thing for hostile posts, and will often accompany my in-thread warning with a U2U to the poster explaining why they need to reconsider their posting style. :)

Skirmisher
06-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
worst petition ever

Do yourself a favor and shutup.

Chelle
06-04-2005, 10:54 PM
I voted no too.

Heh I've heard worse on this board than what Stanley has said lately and no one's made petitions for certain other people.

I've got no problems with Stanley. He needs help no doubt about that, and I hope he gets it.

Luck to you, Stanley. Be strong.

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Chelle
I voted no too.

Heh I've heard worse on this board than what Stanley has said lately and no one's made petitions for certain other people.

I've got no problems with Stanley. He needs help no doubt about that, and I hope he gets it.

Luck to you, Stanley. Be strong.

Of course you didn't see his disgusting posts they were all removed.

06-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Yeah she did.

Stop being a little pussy and learn to take a punch.

kheldarin
06-05-2005, 05:06 AM
I voted yes!

Tisket
06-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Allakhazam.com has a cool feature in it's forums. You can rate up or down each post in a thread. Readers can filter to only show posts of a certain level. Once a posters karma level drops to a certain level his/her posts no longer show up in threads. You can also change your filters to show all posts regardless of the posters karma level since some of us like to read everything.

06-05-2005, 06:32 AM
I voted yes.

Bobmuhthol
06-05-2005, 10:01 AM
I agree that this is the worst petition ever. Especially when the posts in question were deleted for a maximum 0 demerits on the off-topic clause.

Showal
06-05-2005, 10:53 AM
I voted no. I'd rather see Arkans kicked out.

Soulpieced
06-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Tisket's post brings up a good point. I actually posted that idea (albeit to the mods) over a year ago to possibly implement some sort of "quality points" for posters/posting.

CrystalTears
06-05-2005, 11:12 AM
I voted no because there are plenty others I would prefer to see go first before Stanley. He has his problems but he's FAR from being a board problem child in comparison to some.

06-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Have you read his trolling in recent times? He makes me look good as far as trolling.

- Arkans

PS: Showal is just jealous I won't paint my cock green so we can :laser:

- Arkans

Omens
06-05-2005, 01:51 PM
I voted no. Sorry bro. But I didnt have the best start here. I just came here cause I was bored wanting to be an asshole or whatever. But I have learned that stuff like that just doesnt fly. And it still passes the time just the same when you have nothing to do, while not being an asshole. But if people were kicked out just for being a dick. I wouldnt be here now. And I think my attitude in this forum has improved because of the fact that I could come back even though I was a dickhead in the past. And maybe it's made me a better person.

xtc
06-05-2005, 01:59 PM
I have a better suggestion just ignore Stanley, on mass, until he starts acting like a person again.

Gan
06-05-2005, 02:53 PM
I voted no.

Although the thought of idiots not being allowed to post here seems utopian (memories of Xcalibur's tirades come to mind), I also realize that it takes all kinds in order to have true perspective.

Furthermore, one should not be excluded based purely on the fact that what they do or say is disagreeable but within the parameters defined by the governing authority. As long as accountability is enforced consistently and fairly then everyone should have their shot at speaking their mind - no matter how deflated or inflated it is.

Hulkein
06-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Stanley, while I voted no, the majority of those voting seem to be telling you to...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/dawkins/gtfobball.jpg

Had to use that picture sometime.

[Edited on 6-6-2005 by Hulkein]

Shalla
06-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I feel so clueless that I actually thought there is a "Stain"ley "Turdell" here.

:wtf: I thought Stanley was well liked? Well initially, he wasn't. Then he was.. now he isn't again?

From what I heard, he's addicted, therefore his actions are probably influenced, as supposed to someone else who trolls all the time. At least he did it on his own thread. But then again, I haven't really been reading "Today's Drama" lately.