PDA

View Full Version : Drogur in Illistim

Janarth
06-04-2005, 04:24 PM
-Venting-
Prett sweet how Drogur shows up and does work for 10, and doesn't even talk the entire time except for the beginning and end. No RP, no jokes, nothing. And 80% of us didn't get any work done, kinda sucked. I understand spinning is the fairest way to do things, but if someone is asleep when they get chosen, he shouldn't go back to them, that ticked me off. I also heard the "game balance requires he only works for 10" thing. Right...since every partial armor in the lands with crit padding was cut in half on the limbs, it would be clearly imbalancing if 40 armor accessories were made with crit padding. Not to mention, this crit padding he was doing was sorta better sorta not then regular ol crit padding. It was only good against one damage type, but negated a third of the damage against that damage type. Well, there is the end of my rant, you're probably justified in saying the real problem here is I didn't get picked ;)

Nieninque
06-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Boohoo

06-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Armor is for sissies.

Real men wear doublets.

Kitsun
06-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Well actually they took back the partial armor nerf. So all armors function like they did.

They just enchanced the use of armor accessories.

I'm honestly not sure how beneficial the services offered will be, withholding judgement till I see if my arms still get lopped off

StrayRogue
06-04-2005, 04:30 PM
The partial armor padding nerf was revoked. And this is the THIRD time he's been around and most likely not the last.

Kitsun
06-04-2005, 04:32 PM
He's got this whole month dotted with visits all over Elanthia.

Three days till he hits RR.

Some of his pre-made stuff looked decent. Others were kinda less than nifty.

Janarth
06-04-2005, 04:42 PM
1/3 of all damage negated? I think that would be pretty damn useful. cept you take your chances with damage type. But isn't it slash most of the time?

Kitsun
06-04-2005, 08:03 PM
You'd probably be surprised how often you get hit by random other types of attacks. Most blades have puncture and crush ability too.

Gigantuous
06-13-2005, 04:24 AM
i heard it functions as regular crit padding, + the negating 1/3 of damage of a particular type.

probably wrong, but if not, the aventail i got was well worth it then.

fallenSaint
06-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Gigantuous
i heard it functions as regular crit padding, + the negating 1/3 of damage of a particular type.

probably wrong, but if not, the aventail i got was well worth it then.

Kitsun asked him on the last visit and he seemed to claim no on that.

Gigantuous
06-14-2005, 03:37 AM
Damn. Oh well, I needed neck armor anyhow, haven't found a decent set of 4x+ full plate with any kind of padding yet. Now, I get my helm padded, and I should be good to go for awhile.

Still a nifty looking piece of equipment:
a dwarven-forged glaes aventail bound in invar