PDA

View Full Version : Dwarves are ugly and Humans are fun!

06-04-2005, 08:51 AM
So, I decided to give the Alliance side a shoot. Anyway.. seriously.. WTF? I love the Horde, I love trolls, but WHY THE FUCK IS THE ALLIANCE SIDE SO MUCH MORE FLESHED OUT?!

I mean the quests are a lot more fun. The layouts, terrains, and cities are a lot more interesting and different, and the moods from each place change all the time. The Horde? It's all Native American and desert or Barbarian and African landscapes.

Seriously, why on Earth did the Horde get such a shaft compared to the Alliance? I won't even begin to say how much better Alliance quests are than Horde ones! This is TOTALLY unfair to the Horde!

- Arkans

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 08:53 AM
To each their own. I prefer the horde side actually.

Please tell me you are still on the Dunemaul Server.. because I would certainly love to kick your pussy alliance loving ass.

06-04-2005, 08:55 AM
Hell no, I'm not giving up Arkans as I'll come back to him. It's just a bit disheartening that every single Horde place is "Desolate and barbaric" unlike with the Alliance side you have neat things like haunted villages, green nice little towns, the huge sprawling city of Stormwind, the ruined farm places, a little lake retreat town, a swamp land. Horde is all.. well.. depressing. Maybe I'm missing something :(

- Arkans

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Arkans
Hell no, I'm not giving up Arkans as I'll come back to him. It's just a bit disheartening that every single Horde place is "Desolate and barbaric" unlike with the Alliance side you have neat things like haunted villages, green nice little towns, the huge sprawling city of Stormwind, the ruined farm places, a little lake retreat town, a swamp land. Horde is all.. well.. depressing. Maybe I'm missing something :(

- Arkans

You always did seem like the cutsie huggy wuggie type to me. Enjoy the "rich" side of the tracks, while we on the horde side rough it like men.

Fancy boy.

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 09:48 AM
How many levels is Arkans anyway? Stabbed is 32 almost.. you should take the stick out of your ass and get back here. Stabbed will protect you.

06-04-2005, 09:49 AM
while we on the horde side...like men.

I knew there was something odd about you Horde people from the start! :eek:

- Arkans

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 10:21 AM

while we on the horde side...like men.

I knew there was something odd about you Horde people from the start! :eek:

- Arkans

LOL.

Fucker.

06-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Stabbed is 32? Good, that might get me back if he's around a good bit to quest with. Questing the low 30's is sofa king annoying it hurts.

- Arkans

Trinitis
06-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I think the hardest part for me to play horde, is giving up the human perception. God that bonus is so over powered.

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Adredrin]

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Adredrin
I think the hardest part for me to play horde, is giving up the human perception. God that bonus is so over powered.

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Adredrin]

Yea.. I notice as a rogue, it's much more difficult to sneak around humans than the other alliance races.

But no bigger racial bonus as the tauren footstomp, the undead corpse eating/fear equalizer...

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Stabbed is 32? Good, that might get me back if he's around a good bit to quest with. Questing the low 30's is sofa king annoying it hurts.

- Arkans

There are like 4 or 5 of us around the same level. If we can stop Lef from being a fucking powerhunting bitch, we could stick together through the levels.

Stabbed
Grolock
Sinax
Lefallah

There are probably 2 or 3 more.. those are just the names off my head because we did RFK last night no sweat.

06-04-2005, 12:41 PM
It's all about RFD for me. I went through it once and I have this issue of doing instances more than once. I'll flip out. They're enough of a time sink as it is. I think my major problem was my initial error of not picking a profession (I did with the Alliance this time around) and that's why I think I got burnt out on the Horde. Either way though, I'll log into Arkans tonight if anyone is up for a few quests.

- Arkans

06-04-2005, 12:45 PM
By the way, if shamans can train in one handed axes I'm in the market for a good one. Anyone have anything they are willing to part with for some coins?

- Arkans

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 12:50 PM
By the way, if shamans can train in one handed axes I'm in the market for a good one. Anyone have anything they are willing to part with for some coins?

- Arkans

They can train in them.. and I think Bayne can make a green one at your level. I'll check tonight and send it to you.

06-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Awesome. Oh, while I'm picking up professions.. What does the guild need the most of?

- Arkans

Parkbandit
06-04-2005, 12:54 PM
Awesome. Oh, while I'm picking up professions.. What does the guild need the most of?

- Arkans

I think it's now a matter of personal choice. If you want to make real good friends, you could just be a gatherer.. like herbs and skins. Sell them on AH and give them to alchemists/leather makers in the guild. Leather makers will become your best friends.. even when you get into mail. There is a set of armor that is a shaman's wet dream.. turtle scale.

06-04-2005, 12:55 PM
Skinning and mining it is!

- Arkans

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Skinning isn't profitable really anymore.. the market is COMPLETELY saturated. I made shitloads of coin mining. If you are going to go shaman (travel form) I'd suggest picking up HERBs.. you can run around and gather em quickly and they still demand good coin all the way up to cap.

06-04-2005, 01:03 PM
HRm.. Herbs it is then! Thanks!

- Arkans

Hulkein
06-04-2005, 02:02 PM

- Arkans

Damn man just sold a pretty good one, no one around needed it.

I got a nice blue axe drop in Desolace, just a random scorpion like critter dropped it.

06-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Doh!!

- Arkans

Keller
06-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Arkans:

I would suggest mining and herbalism.

Those would definately be the most helpful/lucrative.

Nieninque
06-04-2005, 05:09 PM
herbs especially at higher levels

mining too come to that.

Arcane crystals ftw

Odups
06-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Of course, with mining and herbalism you'll be stuck flipping your minimap tracking constantly. No tracking both at the same time. Otherwise I think mine/herb would be one of the more popular combinations.

Numbers
06-04-2005, 07:25 PM
^^^^^

What she said.

Do either mining/skinning, or herbalism/skinning. Not mining/herbalism, unless you've got a mod like Gatherer, and even then it's still iffy.

Oh, and if you're a hunter, don't do mining or herbalism.

theotherjohn
06-04-2005, 08:02 PM
I also prefer alliance

06-05-2005, 12:05 AM
I take it all back. I had a fucking blast tonight on the horde. Man, I missed going back to the roots.

- Arkans