PDA

View Full Version : Elisane?

Nichan
09-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Since when is calling a female a lass on offense comment that requires a warn?

(edited out all extra crap)

You hear the subdued thoughts of Sapphyrre echo in your mind:
"selling a pair of red spidersilk gloves ,a tiny golden dragon nose ring(pinworn), a set of cowrie shell hairjewels, a small moonstone orb suspended on a slender leather cord"

>think to sapphyrre how much for the nose ring?
You focus your mind on Sapphyrre and think:
"how much for the nose ring?"
Roundtime 5 seconds.

You hear the subdued thoughts of Sapphyrre touch your mind:
"100k flat"

You focus your mind on Sapphyrre and think:
"sold, where ya at?"
Roundtime 5 seconds.

>w
[Town Square, West]
Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its serpentine lanes abuzz with traders bartering, bickering, and hawking their wares. The freewheeling vendors in the bazaar provide a lively alternative to the somewhat stodgier merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Secure Bank dominates this side of the square.
Also here: Darktree
Obvious paths: north, south, east, west
>go bank
[First Elanith Bank, Lobby]
An ancient gnoll keeps a watchful, though nervous, eye over the people visiting Wehnimer's Landing's main bank, the First Elanith Secure Stronghold. Large, dirty windows allow little air to disturb the layers of dust on the threadbare carpet. The few flickering candles around the room add virtually no light. A broken gate from a teller's window sits in the corner. You also see a low arch.
Obvious exits: out
>go arch
[First Elanith Bank, Teller]
Most of the teller windows that line this room are missing the gates and gratings that once secured them. Impatient clients stand at one of the two intact windows, waiting to get the attention of the tellers on the other side. You also see a low arch and a large sign.
Obvious exits: none
>withdraw 100000

The teller purses her lips and says, "Hmmm, we will have to give you a banknote for that amount." The teller makes some marks on a blank note and hands it to you saying, "That is a 101 silver surcharge. Have a nice day."
>

>go arch
[First Elanith Bank, Lobby]
An ancient gnoll keeps a watchful, though nervous, eye over the people visiting Wehnimer's Landing's main bank, the First Elanith Secure Stronghold. Large, dirty windows allow little air to disturb the layers of dust on the threadbare carpet. The few flickering candles around the room add virtually no light. A broken gate from a teller's window sits in the corner. You also see a low arch.
Obvious exits: out
Gwaehil just arrived.
>out

[Town Square, West]
Here in the midst of the town stretches the cobblestoned main bazaar, its serpentine lanes abuzz with traders bartering, bickering, and hawking their wares. The freewheeling vendors in the bazaar provide a lively alternative to the somewhat stodgier merchants whose shops border the square. The gilded but peeling stone facade of the First Elanith Secure Bank dominates this side of the square.

You hear the subdued thoughts of Sapphyrre touch your mind:
"my sister will meet you one west of the bank"

>w
[Wehnimer's, Winter St.]
A steady stream of shoppers and traders flows through this avenue. On the west side of the road is the grocer's shop, where provisions, from the humblest sack of flour to the rarest varieties of Gnollish mushrooms, can be bought.
Obvious paths: east, west
>think to sapphyrre k
THINK TO whom?

Elisane just arrived.

Elisane quietly says, "hello"
>'hi
You grumpily say, "hi"
>nod

You nod.

>l el
You see Elisane Tishar.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
She appears to be very young and tall. She has silver-flecked violet eyes and pale skin. She has waist length, straight black hair. She has a delicate face, a button nose and long pointed ears.
She has a bruised left eye, and a bruised right eye.
She is holding a tiny golden dragon nose ring in her right hand.
She is wearing a pair of fingerless gloves, a fitted ruby-studded bodice, a translucent black linen half-veil, a veniom-plated Ilyan Cloud charm, a silver spidersilk backpack, a silky white swan mask, a pale bone nose ring, a butterfly charm, a blue vaalin star-shaped pin, some gleaming silver dragon finger-armor, a pair of dainty glass slippers, a rune-etched black Faendryl robe, a butterfly charm, a sparkling diamond-dusted sack, a deep black charm satchel, a silky raven feather trimmed skirt, a rose-petal pink satin bodice, some delicate pink butterfly wings, a small moonstone orb suspended on a slender leather cord, a lustrous rainbow glaes choker, a translucent pink spidersilk scarf, a pair of pink diamond studs, a grass-stained canvas satchel, some pale blue diamond-inset hairpins, some sapphire teardrop hairjewels, some sparkling pink sapphire hairpins, some shimmering sapphire hairjewels, a set of diamond heart hairjewels, some shimmering rainbow quartz hairjewels, a violet sapphire earring linked to an earcuff by a thin silver chain, a pale pink rose, a wild black rose, an exotic blood red rose, a perfect purple daisy, a black spider handpuppet, some fingerless white leather gloves, a pair of pale pink silk gloves, a pair of long pink silk gloves, a pair of blue watered silk gloves, a fitted front-laced bodice, a shimmering crystal-dusted bodice, some carved ruby heart hairjewels, a fine silver mesh handflower, a shimmering glaesine orb, a chased gold mother-of-pearl fan, and a tightly woven fishnet satchel.
>tap note
You tap a Wehnimer's promissory note.
>
Elisane coughs.
>
Elisane taps a pale bone nose ring.
>
Elisane taps a tiny golden dragon nose ring.
>

>'ready to exchange when you are lass
You grumpily say, "ready to exchange when you are lass"
>

>

>

>
Elisane quietly says, "don't call me lass"
>

>laugh
You laugh out loud!
>

>
Elisane whispers, "something's weird, trying to exchange ring and it says You must be holding the ruby-studded bodice to exchange it."
>
Elisane rolls her eyes.
>

>
Elisane offers you a tiny golden dragon nose ring. Enter ACCEPT to accept the offer or DECLINE to decline it. The offer will expire in 30 seconds.
>whi elisane wierd
You quietly whisper to Elisane, "wierd"
>acce
You accept Elisane's offer and are now holding a tiny golden dragon nose ring.
>

>give note to elisa
You offer your promissory note to Elisane, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
>
Elisane has accepted your offer and is now holding a Wehnimer's promissory note.
>

>
Elisane waves.
>'thank you las
You grumpily say, "thank you las"
>'s
Elisane put a Wehnimer's promissory note in her black Faendryl robe.
You grumpily say, "s"
>chuckle
You chuckle.
>

>

You hear the subdued thoughts of Wadsworth echo in your mind:
"An they say te rich have no troubles"
>wave
You wave.
>e
e
[Town Square, West]
>

This is the heart of the main square of Wehnimer's Landing. The impromptu shops of the bazaar are clustered around this central gathering place, where townfolk, travellers, and adventurers meet to talk, conspire or raise expeditions to the far-flung reaches of Elanith. At the north end of the space, an old well, with moss-covered stones and a craggy roof, is shaded by a strong, robust tree. The oak is tall and straight, and it is apparent that the roots run deep. You also see the fiery red Annamari disk, a white flask, some torban leaf, some wolifrew lichen, some basal moss, some cactacae spine, a tincture of talneo, a slab of iron, a ground iron slab, some basal moss, some woth flower, some woth flower, some wolifrew lichen, a large acorn, some woth flower, some woth flower and some stone benches.
Also here: Khaft, Warclaidhm, Sycrid, Fielldy, Worrywart, Lord Drabbo, Taekyn who is lying down, Morelden who is kneeling, Aurias who is kneeling, Great Lord Falvicar, Lsentra who is lying down, Neinya who is sitting
Obvious paths: east, west, northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest

>

Elisane just arrived.

>put ring in my robe
You put a tiny golden dragon nose ring in your grey dwarven robe.
>

Elisane is informing you that she considers your character's current behavior to be harassment.

>laugh
Fielldy murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
You laugh out loud!

>'you have got to be kidding me
You grumpily say, "you have got to be kidding me"

Elisane quietly says, "not at all."
>

At this point I didnt say much more, I was in shock... thats right.. she warn harassed me because I called her lass.

Last time I check female = lass.

Was there a change in the code of conduct in Gemstone in the last year I was gone??

Or does Sapphyrre/Elisane have some sort of issue?

You tell me please cause I am still confused.

DCSL
09-23-2003, 04:26 PM
That was so lame. I could see a character being irritated by being called 'lass' in-character in the same way that children hate to be CALLED children.. but that would be a personality trait of the character and should be handled in an in-character manner...

Using the WARN was absolutely idiotic.

Jenisi
09-23-2003, 04:26 PM
You called her a lass after she asked you not to. I hate that word as well, makes me feel like a little girl.

Artha
09-23-2003, 04:27 PM
Probably a stupid personal issue, or she doesn't know what it means.

GSLeloo
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Nah some people are just weird... some girls don't like being called woman (I'm one of those) others don't mind it. Call me lass, I don't care... some people just get a bit too upset over nothing. I can see her asking you not to call her that but warn harrassing you.. that's a bit out there.

DCSL
09-23-2003, 04:32 PM
It was an in-character issue and should have been handled in-character. Sure, he might have been a dick calling her lass after she said not to, but that's still IN-CHARACTER.

Taking it out of character with a lame WARN ruined it all.

Snapp
09-23-2003, 04:33 PM
First of all.. its not like you were going out of your way to interact with her after the exchange was done.. Second I dont see any reason why she couldn't handle that IC.. she hunted you down again to WARN you?? That's the lamest thing I've ever seen.

Adhara
09-23-2003, 04:59 PM
It was lame indeed. She could have just snorted and stomped away muttering or something.

TheRoseLady
09-23-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Jenisi
You called her a lass after she asked you not to. I hate that word as well, makes me feel like a little girl.

So why wouldn't she just be a big girl and ignore it? That warn system is a joke.

:thumbsdown:

StrayRogue
09-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Once again, Warn is for pussies.

theotherjohn
09-23-2003, 05:32 PM
let me get this straight. someone that is using one character to sell for another is worried about being called a lass.

and people ask me if I feel bad for selling shit to these idiots for RL money.

Solkern
09-23-2003, 05:34 PM
just smile and nod and move on

ElvenRangeress
09-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Let me explain a bit, Sapphyrre is trying to roleplay worshiping the God of insanity, and hates people calling her certain things such as sweetie, lass, anything, and dislikes being touched. I'm a friend of hers and to be honest I wish this kinda of thing would stop, because she doesn't just roleplay her character's embarassing the crap out of me when I accidently hug her and she gets mad, but I did the little *hug* thing in AIM and she was so mad and said she wouldn't talk to me if I kept this up. Really hurt my feelings because its like I have to change my niceness to be her friends, but I've learned to adapt to it an all is well :P

[Edited on 9-23-2003 by ElvenRangeress]

Kurili
09-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Oh, so in addition to everything else, she also cant keep it straight that Elisane and Sapphyre are NOT the same character?

She's asking us to believe BOTH of her chars have the identical quirks, huh?

Yep, damn lame.

Acolyte Kurili, scribbling names on her "Do not patronize" list

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Not only that, she cannot draw the line between reality and the game, if she gets pissed in IM's for a "hug".

Give me a break.

Kurili
09-23-2003, 06:27 PM
Can we say, 'She has serious issues'?

Acolyte Kurili

Snapp
09-23-2003, 06:27 PM
That's fine and dandy if she wants to RP that way.. but WARN IS NOT RP!!

Kurili
09-23-2003, 06:30 PM
And I think my girls would be very iffy about buying goods from someone who was that in tune with either Sheru or Zelia (you didnt mention which). Being insane to that degree, who knows what she's selling? She probably doesnt.

Acolyte Kurili, who says, 'Let the Buyer Beware'

Betheny
09-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Sapphyrre isn't so bad, but she's really money-hungry.

"Lass" might be a little condescending, to some, though I would simply glare and walk away.

It's not as bad as 'hun' or 'love' or 'babe' or 'cutie'.

I always say, you can make an excuse for ANY action as roleplay. She warned you because she's insane? Bullshit, unless her player needs some mood stabilizers too.

Skirmisher
09-23-2003, 07:08 PM
Now THIS is a perfect example of just piss poor usage of the "warn" command.

If she is going to all the trouble of roleplaying someone who hates being claled such names, one would think she might understand that not every single soul in gemstone will automatically know her or her rp quirks. One might also think that if she takes her RP so seriously she might actually try to roleplay such an interaction and take advantage of a possibility instead of just wussing out and opting for a "warn".

Steeerike.:thumbsdown:

AnticorRifling
09-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by ElvenRangeress
Let me explain a bit, Sapphyrre is trying to roleplay worshiping the God of insanity, and hates people calling her certain things such as sweetie, lass, anything, and dislikes being touched. I'm a friend of hers and to be honest I wish this kinda of thing would stop, because she doesn't just roleplay her character's embarassing the crap out of me when I accidently hug her and she gets mad, but I did the little *hug* thing in AIM and she was so mad and said she wouldn't talk to me if I kept this up. Really hurt my feelings because its like I have to change my niceness to be her friends, but I've learned to adapt to it an all is well :P

Sapphyrre, Diamondye, Emeryld, whatever her name is didn't warn anybody.

Elisane is informing you that she considers your character's current behavior to be harassment.

Elisane did. What is the point of having two characters if you're going to RP them as twins and if you use the twins excuse you're an idiot also.

Warn is for idiots. An idiot used it in this log. Ignore it? Hell no, if I was my rogue I'd call her lass until she called a GM

Parkbandit
09-23-2003, 07:25 PM

Then roleplay it out dumbass. Using warn in cases like that shows you are too immature or too inexperienced in this genre of game to be playing. You should be killed repeatedly for being so stupid.

Parkbandit
09-23-2003, 07:28 PM

Personally.. If I were her friend, I would try and make her understand how absolutely pathetic it was to use WARN in that case.

People who use warn as she did need to be expelled from the game because they are simply too ignorant to be part of any society.

Kill her before she has the chance to spread her stupidity.

Nichan
09-23-2003, 07:32 PM
I am glad you folks agreed with me, I was in such shock to see the warn, I thought when she came back maybe she was going to yell, curse, or just chew me out. Perhaps I figured she was unstable enough to web me, but a warn was totally out of game and unwaranted.

Anyways have a good day

Parkbandit
09-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Sapphyrre, Diamondye, Emeryld, whatever her name is didn't warn anybody.

Elisane did. What is the point of having two characters if you're going to RP them as twins and if you use the twins excuse you're an idiot also.

Warn is for idiots. An idiot used it in this log. Ignore it? Hell no, if I was my rogue I'd call her lass until she called a GM

Ah.. like Father, like son.

You make me so proud sometimes Anticor.. you super son you. :smilegrin:

Falgrin calls ALL girls lasses. Deal with it. You don't like it.. sorry. It's not a demeaning or insulting word to use, it's how he speaks. Guess you'll have to either roleplay your anger towards him for doing so.. or WARN him. He has so many WARNINGS now it's not funny... and not a single one is a legitimate use of the verb.

They need to scrap the entire WARN verb as 10% of the playing population is simply too stupid to know it's real use.

Parkbandit
09-23-2003, 07:36 PM
WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! I looked back at the original log and have found out why this happened...

I'm sure you all overlooked this as well. Good thing I am here... Here is why it happened:

Also here: Khaft, Warclaidhm, ...

His stupidity is spreading! KILL HIM NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

Vesi
09-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Aside from the fact that she wasn't playing the character that didn't want to be touched, I would have run at the sight of her wearing four bodices and five pair of gloves. (not to mention all the hair items, etc) I doubt this character roleplays anything. Looks like a walking locker to me.

Yes, the warn was stupid.

Vesi

[Edited on 9-23-2003 by Vesi]

AnticorRifling
09-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
blah blah blah blah

I hate you so very very much :cool:

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 02:36 AM

Then roleplay it out dumbass. Using warn in cases like that shows you are too immature or too inexperienced in this genre of game to be playing. You should be killed repeatedly for being so stupid.

ROFL agreed.

Also when he did use the word lass his demeanor was set on grumpy. So perhaps she took it wrong because he said it... grumpily. However that has got to be the most idiotic abuse of the WARN verb I have ever seen. NOW if he was like following her around and constantly saying lass, lass, lass over and over and over and casting at her in the process, maybe then she could warn him.

Praefection
09-24-2003, 02:53 AM
I had an interesting run in with Sapphyrre. I don't have a problem with her but she's a little... strange. My main character had someone buy her the bodice daggers at the Faire, for resale of course. Anyway I was selling one and Sapphyrre wanted it. Not a problem but she argued up and down about me lying about my items. Someone please explain how glaes (naturally three times enchanted) is not enchanted because it lacks the enchanter's mark? We must have went back and forth bickering for 10 minutes because she refused to believe that the damn thing was enchanted. Ugh, anyway she didn't want it them but bought it a week or so later.

Weedmage Princess
09-24-2003, 03:10 AM
I can understand her not wanting to be called "lass." Personally, none of my female characters have a problem with it, but I can see where it could be an issue. I hate it when people I don't know or barely know call me "hun" or "hon." It's just something I dislike..they don't know me. I'm not their "hon."

It started off pretty good...her character had a personality quirk...stuff like that always makes things interesting...but like others already mentioned, she lost it with the WARN.

I don't know much about that verb, I've never used it (except to warn myself for rp purposes as it makes your character look dangerously around the area or whatever) but I would think of it as an OOC tool. Nothing about that exchange seemed to warrant it...so I'd write her off as a doofus and move on.

Caramia
09-24-2003, 04:20 AM
Let me explain a bit, Sapphyrre is trying to roleplay worshiping the God of insanity, and hates people calling her certain things such as sweetie, lass, anything, and dislikes being touched.

How does she explain logging in Elisane then? With the lame "sister" excuse? She can't carry out the behavior of one to the other character... unless she has a whole family of psycho Zelia-worshippers.

She should meet more schizophrenic people on the street then. They likely don't even know WHAT you call them, than get mad because you call them by a typical, genre endearment! Think an insane person would be able to keep track of merchandise and act as a merchant?

We're not talking about autistic people with idiot savant tendencies here, we're talking about people that chose to identify with madness.

Oh and, yeah using WARN was pretty lame for that stupid comment. A real typical abuse of the command.

There's a difference between those "pussies" using WARN as a shield, and people who use it correctly. Those who use it correctly aren't "pussies."

Parkbandit
09-24-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Caramia

There's a difference between those "pussies" using WARN as a shield, and people who use it correctly. Those who use it correctly aren't "pussies."

There should be a counter of some sort attached to that verb. Use it once and no biggie.. use it twice, it should ask "Are you sure this is the proper use of Warn?"... use it three times and it should say "My god.. three times in X days? You are either too immature for this game or too stupid to know what the proper use of this verb is... either way, die jackass"

Then a large lightning bolt comes out of the sky and smites them down.. instantly decaying them.

Parkbandit
09-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Can you tell I hate this verb yet?

As the keeper of over 10 WARNings from a selection of Elanthia's finest.. I've yet to actually deserve one of them.

It was a great concept, but the mindset of this current population isn't ready for this tool. It's used in lieu of roleplay.. and in a roleplaying game, that's just wrong.

HarmNone
09-24-2003, 08:11 AM
Can you tell I hate this verb yet?

As the keeper of over 10 WARNings from a selection of Elanthia's finest.. I've yet to actually deserve one of them.

It was a great concept, but the mindset of this current population isn't ready for this tool. It's used in lieu of roleplay.. and in a roleplaying game, that's just wrong.

For a concept like the "Warn" verb to be useful, a relatively mature player population is required. That population just is not available in GS3, nor will it be in GS4. Warn does not work because those who use it use it as a weapon in a game of "gotcha" rather than as a solution to a real problem.

HarmNone figures kids will be kids

CrystalTears
09-24-2003, 08:18 AM
I'm wondering if the warn verb has helped decline people's previous obsession with report/assist, which I believe was part of the reason it was implemented.

The only time I found it entertaining was when Allanor warn combat'ed me (my little ranger being around level 13 at the time and him being.. well.. his uber self) and I just laughed. And then accepted. And he laughed. He ambushed and broke off my leg with his hand, but it was still funny.

Personally I think it's a joke, but if it's keeping the GMs from dealing with the retardation and working on bigger and better things, more power to it.

Artha
09-24-2003, 08:22 AM
I warn interacted myself the other day. I wasn't having a very good day.

Halfsilver
09-24-2003, 08:43 AM
Just tried that, Artha. I was bored.

>warn grays harassment
You inform Graysalin that you consider his current actions to be harassment.

Graysalin is informing you that he considers your character's current behavior to be harassment.

lol...kinda funny.
:smilegrin:

-grays/d