PDA

View Full Version : Teri Hatcher was at Thrilla because....

GS4Gurl
09-23-2003, 03:59 PM
I was looking at the pics and saw Teri Hatcher. I was like wtf? So I made this silly poll. yay me

[Edited on 9-23-2003 by GS4Gurl]

Artha
09-23-2003, 04:02 PM
Haha, I made fun of you and then you fixed it.

[Edited on 9-23-2003 by Artha]

GS4Gurl
09-23-2003, 04:06 PM
I fixed it!!

Spinhope
09-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Would you mind linking to the pics, GS4Gurl?

Thanks in advance.

~Fleckle

Tendarian
09-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Whos Teri Hatcher? Is that the lady from Mr Mom or somethin? Yes im terrible with names.

GSLeloo
09-23-2003, 04:26 PM
Isn't Teri Hatcher the one from the show Lois and Clark and the Radioshack commercials?

GS4Gurl
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/member/join_signin_prompt.html?album_id=4289331349&bnak=1 &rf=album&ru=%2Falbum%2F%3Fid%3D4289331349%26bnak= 1

Teri Hatcher starred in the TV series Superman along side Dean Cain. Shes also been in various Radio Shack commercials with Howie Long. Did several movies. Kind of odd that she'd show up at a gathering like that. Maybe it was for Charity. hehe.

joking

Tendarian
09-23-2003, 04:28 PM
Yep you are right Leloo. I googled the name,thats kind of impressive if thats really her.

GSLeloo
09-23-2003, 04:32 PM
By the way.. what is Thrilla?

GSLeloo
09-23-2003, 04:35 PM
And where on that link is the picture?

GS4Gurl
09-23-2003, 04:40 PM
have to go thru like 20 pics before you get to hers I think

Thrilla is a GSPlayer run event. Held at Ciston's house I think every year in August. Can't believe you don't know heh considering it was talked about a lot in the Complaints folder. It was where Seanie and Edge were supposed to "duke" it out and etc.

GSLeloo
09-23-2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah I avoid the complaint folder.. I prefer off-topics!

GSLeloo
09-23-2003, 04:47 PM
And is it before or after the carousel?

GSLeloo
09-23-2003, 04:52 PM
Oh found it! And um.. wow what the hell is she doing with them.

GS4Gurl
09-23-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
Oh found it! And um.. wow what the hell is she doing with them.

LOL! Exactly what I was wondering.

:o

Adhara
09-23-2003, 05:02 PM
Er... you need to register to view pictures?

I'll pass then. I'm sick of spam mail.

GS4Gurl
09-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Uncheck the box that asks you if you want mailings. Type in a BS hotmail addy too. I did.

The player of Cheslica is stunningly pretty, isnt she?

theotherjohn
09-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Teri came to see all the really fat ugly people so she would feel good about herself for a whole year till the next party

Artha
09-23-2003, 06:09 PM
if anyone doesn't want to sign up:

username: fuckyou68
password: fuck

Betheny
09-23-2003, 06:42 PM
Teri Hatcher was there, so Ciston could raffle off alterered items by her for in-game cash.

As Teri Hatcher doesn't even play GS, and the Thrilla isn't a GS sponsored event, a lot of people were pretty PO'd.

At our last gathering we raffled off an alter. I didn't get it though. :( Heh.

Ylena
09-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
Teri came to see all the really fat ugly people so she would feel good about herself for a whole year till the next party

Gee, thanks.

You know, I'm not 19 years old and a size three, but I am a responsible adult with a life that I enjoy very much.

Teri was very pleasant. We talked about our children and makeup. She's absolutely stunning, must be nice to look like that.

But my worth as a human being is no less than hers just because I'm imperfect. My imperfections may be more readily visible than yours, but at least I wouldn't stoop to cheap deliberate cruelty towards people that I don't even know.

I'm really tired of going out, having a good time with my friends, and then dreading the inevitable snarky comments about my pictures. I'm not going to start avoiding the camera just so those of you who'd like to believe that anyone older and overweight should be euthanized won't be offended.

Could I look better? Sure. Am I willing to make myself absolutely miserable in the process? Hell, no. I'm not pleased with where my weight is at the moment, but if weighing less means that I'm crabby, miserable, and obsessed - then honestly, it's not worth it to me.

If my appearance offends you, don't look. And please, have the decency to keep your snarky comments to yourself. Do you yell at fat people on streetcorners from your car? Do you walk up to fat people in the mall and tell them off?

There's a fundamental difference between honesty and cruelty. Most of the threads on this board go for the latter rather than the former.

Ylena

Faellyn
09-23-2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks Artha, that does look like her, and it said something about her working on Ylena's costume. The picture is in the 60's somewhere, don't do what I did and scroll through looking at each one, unless you want to, of course. There's a menu bar and the ones with Teri Hatcher say Teri and whoever.

SpunGirl
09-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks Ylena.

I had a hell of a good time at the Thrilla, and GS4Gurl, I'm sick of seeing your snotty little threads. If Teri showed up because she's a friend of Ciston's, her limo got lost or because she was on drugs, what damn business is it of yours?

Thrilla is Ciston's party. He can have any damn person he pleases there, and do whatever the fuck he wants. He's providing food, booze and a house for a weekend for a bunch of GS players. Who are you to talk shit about it?

-K

Weedmage Princess
09-23-2003, 08:13 PM
I don't know..who the hell cares? That should have been an option. Fix your poll so there's an option that says "Fuck me if I care, get me another drink!"

Artha
09-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Ylena, just ignore ToJ, the gerbil in his ass wasn't declawed, so he's angry at the world.

SpunGirl
09-23-2003, 08:17 PM
I think there should be an option that says, "This poll is even stupider than 99% of Bob's posts and I refuse to answer."

-K

Snapp
09-23-2003, 08:17 PM
<If Teri showed up because she's a friend of Ciston's, her limo got lost or because she was on drugs, what damn business is it of yours>

I think the thread was just a joke, not meant in a mean way.. When I saw Teri Hatcher went to Thrilla, I, too was wondering "WTF?!" Its not everyday you hear about a celebrity going to a party thrown for an online game.

SpunGirl
09-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
<If Teri showed up because she's a friend of Ciston's, her limo got lost or because she was on drugs, what damn business is it of yours>

I think the thread was just a joke, not meant in a mean way.. When I saw Teri Hatcher went to Thrilla, I, too was wondering "WTF?!" Its not everyday you hear about a celebrity going to a party thrown for an online game.

Maybe, Snapp, but I doubt it. Why is it a joke to laugh about someone famous mingling with us GS people? Like we're not good enough for Teri's exalted presence of something, so there must be some other explanation as to why she was there. That's the gist of GS4Gurl's little "poll." It's idiotic.

-K

SpunGirl
09-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Add to that the answer that "Ciston promised to quit stalking her" is just downright stupid. Do you know why they're friends, or what their connection is, GS4Gurl? No? Then shut it.

-K

Solkern
09-23-2003, 08:51 PM
Gs4gurl loves to make statements she knows nothing about, so just ignore her like everyone else does.

Artha
09-23-2003, 08:52 PM
This seems like a really stupid thing to get angry over.

SpunGirl
09-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Because it was soooooooo intelligent of you to waste two pages arguing back and forth with Garr, Artha. You hardly have room to talk here.

-K

Parkbandit
09-23-2003, 08:59 PM
This IS a really stupid thing to get angry over.

SpunGirl
09-23-2003, 09:00 PM
I'm sure you have your switches, Parkbandit, just like I have mine.

-K

Artha
09-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Because it was soooooooo intelligent of you to waste two pages arguing back and forth with Garr, Artha. You hardly have room to talk here.

It's because the retard made a post about himself knowing it would happen...I just decided to oblige him.

And it wasn't arguing, it was like talking to a brick wall with mental retardation.

SpunGirl
09-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Yeah, whatever. Listen, you're both perfectly free to judge what YOU should and should not get angry about, but leave the judgements about my irritation level to me, kthx.

-K

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 01:03 AM
SpunGirl, I really think you need to relax. Everyone else seems to understand this was just a playful thread. I was merely trying to add a little lighthearted humor to boards where people aren't being so uptight and bitchy.... thanks for being uptight and bitchy. Seriously just chillout a bit.

This just proves that someone can't make a totally innocent lighthearted thread without someone running it into the ground. It's a shame.

I've interacted at one time or another (with one of my characters) with most those people who attended that event and adore each one. There wasn't anything at all snotty about it.

I was going thru the pics and her pic popped up and it was just surprising.... like "wow cool!" type thing. No need to spaz out.

[Edited on 9-24-2003 by GS4Gurl]

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Snapp

Thank you for understanding. It was NOT at all meant in a bad way. :no:

jeez

theotherjohn
09-24-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Ylena
[quote]Originally posted by theotherjohn
And please, have the decency to keep your snarky comments to yourself. Do you yell at fat people on streetcorners from your car? Do you walk up to fat people in the mall and tell them off?

There's a fundamental difference between honesty and cruelty. Most of the threads on this board go for the latter rather than the former.

Ylena

I agree there is a fundamental difference between honesty and cruelty. Perhaps you should start being honest with yourself.

and yes I tell my fat friends to stop overeating and get off their fat ass and start exercising.

HarmNone
09-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Perhaps, theotherjohn, it would behoove you to take a good honest look at yourself, as well. My guess is you would quite readily discover that you are not perfect yourself, eh?

HarmNone gets tired of insults for the sake of insults

Halfsilver
09-24-2003, 08:05 AM
<<This IS a really stupid thing to get angry over.>>

I thought that the poll was funny, GS4gurl.

From the pictures, it looked like one hell of a party. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

I'm sure GS4gurl didn't create this poll to be serious.

Grow a sense of humor, people.

-grays/d

SpunGirl
09-24-2003, 10:23 AM
GS4Gurl, you say some of the twittiest things I've read here. It's time you got called on it, period. It's not the intent, it's the impact. I think what you said was rude, and I will not "relax," and if calling you out on your snotty remarks is bitchy, so be it. I'll survive.

-K

Prestius
09-24-2003, 12:09 PM
Teri was there because she's secretly in love with me.

:-)

-P

HarmNone
09-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Prestius
Teri was there because she's secretly in love with me.

:-)

-P

But, of course! Why did I not think of that?:?:

HarmNone should have known

Makkah
09-24-2003, 12:43 PM
SpunGirl, slow your role. Or get help.

rht

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
SpunGirl, slow your role. Or get help.

rht

Exactly.

Maybe its that time of month? Considering that I'll let it go. It's no big deal. :bouncy:

[Edited on 9-24-2003 by GS4Gurl]

Tendarian
09-24-2003, 03:39 PM
I took it as a fun thread not as even a subtle dig. If anyone did take it that way they have issues in my opinion.

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Tendarian
I took it as a fun thread not as even a subtle dig. If anyone did take it that way they have issues in my opinion.

Thanks to you too. :thumbsup:

Gokkem
09-24-2003, 06:42 PM
Hehe how crazy, but I would like to know if Ciston invited her or she came with someone else. That is really neat a celebrity showed up.

Prestius
09-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Gokkem
Hehe how crazy, but I would like to know if Ciston invited her or she came with someone else. That is really neat a celebrity showed up.

Hey .. you know how it is here in L.A. All of our friends are movie stars!

Actually if you want to know the truth, Ciston approached her about designing an item for Gemstone and she ended up designing a full-on 12-piece outfit. She had so much fun doing it that she wanted to meet the kind of people that would pay for such an item. Ciston invited her and she showed up.

And .. you wanna know what .. she actually had a great time. She could have very easily stopped in, made a cursory visit and split. She ended up staying for about three hours and hung out and talked and had a few margaritas. Very nice and gracious, despite at least one "klingon" who wouldn't leave her side.

So .. there you go!

-P

P.S. Oh .. and of course we had to keep our little "relationship" on the Q.T. Shhh .. don't tell anyone .. the paparazzi are such a pain in the ass.

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 07:53 PM
That is so cool. I think its really nice when celebs go out of their way to be especially nice and not walk around with a chip on their shoulder. They're afterall just regular people like the rest of us.

SpunGirl
09-24-2003, 08:39 PM
I have issues, it's that time of the month, and I guess I need to slow my "role" (meaning what? My position? OOoh, you meant slow my ROLL. It's so hard to understand people who don't know how to use the right word for the right phrase).

I stand by my opinion. It think it was snotty. But as someone suggested, I'll just ignore it from now on.

-K

CrystalTears
09-24-2003, 10:05 PM
Woman, let it GO. With all the really stupid threads started in the past, this one is the least of our worries. Had I seen a picture of that woman anywhere I would have wondered why she was there.

And it's not that Gemstone people are "beneath" actors, it's just that the actors themselves tend to be a bit snobby and particular about who they hang out. They are being viewed by the media with a fine toothed comb. I bet even the press would wonder what she was doing at an online game gathering as well. She doesn't seem that geeky no matter how many Radio Shack commercials she's in. :P

Weedmage Princess
09-24-2003, 10:12 PM
You know when I saw "Teri Hatcher" ...I didn't know who she was...and when I saw the pics I *still* didn't know who she was...

If it weren't mentioned here that she was Lois...I wouldn't have even known she was a celeb *shrugs*

GS4Gurl
09-24-2003, 10:19 PM
I was considering going, but I have too many things to do at home. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun!