PDA

View Full Version : ChatGPT

Parkbandit
05-11-2023, 02:49 PM
User
Do you believe you were programmed with a political bias towards liberals in the US?

ChatGPT
As an AI language model, I don't have personal beliefs or opinions, including political bias. I have been designed and programmed to be neutral and unbiased, and my responses are based solely on the input provided to me. My primary objective is to provide accurate and informative answers to the questions asked of me, regardless of the topic or political leanings involved. It's important to note that the accuracy of my responses depends on the quality and objectivity of the information provided to me.

User
Can you tell me some good qualities of President Joe Biden?

ChatGPT
Certainly! Here are some of the good qualities of President Joe Biden:

Experience: President Biden has decades of experience in public service, including 36 years in the Senate and 8 years as Vice President under Barack Obama.

Compassion: President Biden has shown a great deal of compassion and empathy towards others, particularly in the wake of personal tragedies, including the loss of his son Beau.

Pragmatism: President Biden is known for his pragmatic approach to problem-solving and his willingness to work across the aisle to achieve bipartisan solutions.

Commitment to democracy: President Biden has long been a staunch advocate for democracy, civil rights, and social justice, and has worked to protect and expand voting rights and combat systemic racism and inequality.

Foreign policy expertise: President Biden has extensive foreign policy experience, having served as Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and played key roles in numerous diplomatic efforts, including the Iran nuclear deal and the Paris climate agreement.

Commitment to public service: Throughout his career, President Biden has shown a deep commitment to public service and a strong belief in the power of government to improve people's lives.

User
can you tell me some good qualities of President Donald Trump?

ChatGPT
Certainly! Here are some good qualities of former President Donald Trump:

Business acumen: President Trump is a successful businessman and entrepreneur, having built a real estate empire and a brand that is recognized around the world.

Charisma: President Trump is a charismatic speaker who is able to connect with his supporters on a personal level and inspire their loyalty.

Tenacity: President Trump is known for his tenacity and persistence in pursuing his goals, even in the face of adversity or criticism.

Patriotism: President Trump has a deep love for his country and a strong commitment to defending its interests, particularly in the areas of national security and economic prosperity.

Populism: President Trump was able to tap into a sense of frustration and dissatisfaction among many Americans who felt left behind by the political establishment, and he promised to put their needs first.

It's important to note that these qualities are not universally shared or celebrated, and that different people may have different perspectives on the former President's strengths and weaknesses.

User
Why did you find it necessary to put a footnote on your good qualities of President Donald Trump but no such disclaimer on your list of good qualities of President Joe Biden?

ChatGPT
I apologize if it seemed like I was providing a disclaimer or footnote only for President Trump's good qualities. My intention was not to show any bias or preference for one political figure over the other.

As an AI language model, I strive to be neutral and objective in all my responses, and my goal is to provide accurate and informative answers based on the information provided to me.

That being said, I can understand how my previous response may have come across as unevenly weighted. To provide a more balanced perspective, here are some additional qualities that some people may see as positive aspects of President Joe Biden:

Empathy: President Biden is known for his compassion and empathy towards others, particularly those who have experienced personal tragedy or hardship.

Bipartisanship: President Biden has a reputation for working across the aisle and seeking common ground with political opponents in order to achieve legislative goals.

Integrity: President Biden has a reputation for being honest and straightforward in his dealings with others, and for placing a high value on personal and political integrity.

Again, I apologize for any confusion or perceived bias in my previous response, and I hope this clarifies my intention to provide balanced and objective information.

It's clearly biased towards liberals in the US.. I just found it funny that it was that obvious.

Alfster
05-11-2023, 03:04 PM
Always the victim lol

Tgo01
05-11-2023, 03:22 PM
Always the victim lol

Always gaslighting lol

Suppressed Poet
05-11-2023, 03:51 PM
It’s not possible for a human to be completely unbiased, so I suspect that will be the same for AI. ChatGPT undoubtedly has a liberal bias.

Parkbandit
05-11-2023, 03:52 PM
Always the victim lol

So, you were unable to see the difference in the 2 answers?

Do you need me to highlight it for you?

I'm here to help.

Let me know.

Parkbandit
05-11-2023, 03:53 PM
It’s not possible for a human to be completely unbiased, so I suspect that will be the same for AI. ChatGPT undoubtedly has a liberal bias.

OMG U R BEING A VICTIM!!!!!!!!!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-11-2023, 04:06 PM
Oh it's clearly biased and has been documented as such in many studies. It's still pretty cool and really the only people who can't see the bias wouldn't be able to see the bias elsewhere like in the media or even these boards.

The data that trained it is basically the internet, and if I recall correctly, they only trained it through 2020, so you've got 4 years of massive amounts of the liberal media posting articles about DJT that were... wait for it... biased.

Suppressed Poet
05-11-2023, 04:11 PM
OMG U R BEING A VICTIM!!!!!!!!!

What I find more strange is the response to the question of including a footnote for Trump’s good qualities it want on to list more of Biden’s good qualities. That isn’t reflective of human communication as it should have instead listed more of Trump’s additional good qualities to align with the prior response statement & apology. Not sure if that part is political bias or just a bug. It’s an amazing program but still needs a lot more development to mimic human conversations.

Parkbandit
05-11-2023, 05:41 PM
What I find more strange is the response to the question of including a footnote for Trump’s good qualities it want on to list more of Biden’s good qualities. That isn’t reflective of human communication as it should have instead listed more of Trump’s additional good qualities to align with the prior response statement & apology. Not sure if that part is political bias or just a bug. It’s an amazing program but still needs a lot more development to mimic human conversations.

I agree it's amazing.

I just chalked up the last response from it to my question not being as clear as it could be. Like, does ChatGPT remember the entire conversation it had with me.. or is it answering each individual question as if it's new?

Tgo01
05-11-2023, 06:30 PM
Like, does ChatGPT remember the entire conversation it had with me.. or is it answering each individual question as if it's new?

From what I understand (and from personal experience) it can incorporate parts of each "new chat" into its responses.

So if you have a long "new chat" with it and you're asking unrelated questions it might start to get confused and start giving an answer where part of it has nothing to do with your most recently asked question because it is going back further into your chat and responding to that.

That's why I typically start a new chat with it when I want to change the topic.

Also the more I've played around with it the more I realized that it can be pretty stupid and it always acts like it really knew the right answer all along, it was just testing you.

Like I would ask it a coding question and it would be completely wrong, so I'll tell it where it made it a mistake and it will say something like "You are correct. Here is how the code should be written" like no shit, I just told you that's how it should be written.

Also one time I gave it a bunch of numbers and asked it to figure out the pattern. It gave a pattern that worked for some of the numbers, but others were wildly wrong. I even told it "You said the pattern is (whatever it was) but according to your pattern 4 + 5 = 9 and yet in the numbers I gave it the number is 11, this pattern doesn't work." Then it replied with something like "You are correct. 4 + 5 = 9 and the number should be 11. I made a mistake. Here is the updated pattern" and it replied with the exact same wrong pattern.

Suppressed Poet
05-11-2023, 06:36 PM
My “crackpot theory” is that Seran is actually a very early 1980s version of ChatGPT.

https://i.etsystatic.com/6017061/r/il/464577/955355394/il_794xN.955355394_j8o6.jpg

Methais
05-11-2023, 08:29 PM
My “crackpot theory” is that Seran is actually a very early 1980s version of ChatGPT.

https://i.etsystatic.com/6017061/r/il/464577/955355394/il_794xN.955355394_j8o6.jpg

Apostrophe key isn't worn down to nothing, so this can't be Seran.

Gelston
05-12-2023, 08:20 AM
Can you cyber chatgpt though?

Shaps
05-12-2023, 09:21 AM
Can you cyber chatgpt though?

Why yes, you can... just download it from your Apple Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ai-chat-girlfriend/id6446420271

AI Chat Girlfriend 17+
AI Chat Bot: AI Girlfriend
Cem Arda Ergezer
Designed for iPad

Elanthil
05-12-2023, 10:19 AM
ChatGPT is for suckers and feebs.

Parkbandit
05-12-2023, 10:31 AM
ChatGPT is for suckers and feebs.

As an AI language model, I don't have feelings or emotions, so I don't take personal offense to such comments. However, it's important to remember that every individual is entitled to their own opinions and preferences. While some people may not find value in using an AI language model like ChatGPT, many others find it to be a useful tool for a variety of purposes, such as generating text, answering questions, or even just having a conversation. Ultimately, the usefulness of ChatGPT or any other technology depends on the specific needs and preferences of the user.