PDA

View Full Version : Fun Duel with Shisshio

Bobmuhthol
05-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Decided to fuck around and see if I've still got any PvP left in me. Challenged Shisshio and this was the result..

>
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
You can no longer see the land gates of Wehnimer's from this dirt path, although you can still hear the din of the town on the other side of the wooden palisades. To the west and southwest lies the untamed land that surrounds Wehnimer's Landing. To the west, the large wooden fence in front of the Wehnimer's Jousting Arena fills your view. You also see a small sign.
Obvious paths: southeast, south, northwest
>
Lord Shisshio just arrived.
>sym cour
You feel more courageous.
>
Shisshio smiles.
>sym prot
You feel a layer of protection surround you.
>l shiss
You see Lord Shisshio the Grifter.
He appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
He appears to be very young and taller than average. He has piercing brown eyes and brown skin. He has raggedly cut, frizzy black hair. He has a long face, a pointed nose and thin lips.
He has a pearl-inset dark bloodjewel bar in his left eyebrow.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a black acid-pitted warsword with polished black leather wrapped about its hilt in his right hand.
He is wearing some shadowy black leather boots, an onyx-inlaid black leather thigh-sheath, some silver buttoned black trousers, a skull-runed obsidian scabbard, a tattered black leather lootsack, a thick skull-clasped belt, a pair of dark silver-threaded gloves, a gold ring, a deathstone pinky ring, a silver-traced pure white jade wristlet, a cobweb-covered jet black spidersilk cloak edged with silver silk trim, some sinister spiked vultite brigandine with a bloody dagger emblazoned on the chest, a delicate engraved silver locket, a grey stone pentagram amulet, a silver pentagram pendant, a black skull-stitched bandana, a silver pentagram earring, and a blackened skull-crested helm.
>greet shiss
You nod warily to Shisshio.
>l
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
You can no longer see the land gates of Wehnimer's from this dirt path, although you can still hear the din of the town on the other side of the wooden palisades. To the west and southwest lies the untamed land that surrounds Wehnimer's Landing. To the west, the large wooden fence in front of the Wehnimer's Jousting Arena fills your view. You also see a small sign.
Also here: Lord Shisshio
>
Shisshio asks, "You all spelled up?"
>
Shisshio chuckles.
>'I have no spells
You say, "I have no spells."
>
Shisshio says, "Ive got colors."
>
Shisshio says, "Ok."
>
Shisshio asks, "Well count off to 3 then?"
>nod
You nod.
>'One
You say, "One."
>'Two
You say, "Two."
>'Three
You say, "Three."
>'Go
You say, "Go."
>cman hay shiss
Attack what?
>stance def
>
You are now in a defensive stance.
>l
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
>
Shisshio leaps from hiding to attack!
Shisshio swings a black acid-pitted warsword at you!
AS: +431 vs DS: +158 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +1 = +317
... and hits for 37 points of damage!
Crushing blow crumples your nose!
You are stunned for 4 rounds!
>
Shisshio just opened a tattered black leather lootsack.
>
Shisshio removes a blue crystal from in his black leather lootsack.
>
Shisshio rubs his blue crystal.
An invisible force guides Shisshio.
His blue crystal suddenly disintegrates!
>l
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
>
Shisshio leaps from hiding to attack!
Shisshio swings a black acid-pitted warsword at you!
AS: +333 vs DS: +122 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +57 = +311
... and hits for 40 points of damage!
Quick flick slashes your forehead!
>l
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
>l
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
>
Shisshio removes a blue crystal from in his black leather lootsack.
>l
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
>stance off
You are now in an offensive stance.
>
Shisshio rubs his blue crystal.
An invisible force guides Shisshio.
His blue crystal suddenly disintegrates!
>cman hay
Attack what?
>cman hay shi
[Roll result: 237 (open d100: 123) Penalties: 0]
You clench your right fist and bring your arm back for a roundhouse punch aimed at Shisshio!
Perfect connect! Shisshio's head snaps back as he drops to the ground like a sack of potatoes!
...20 points of damage!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
>l
[Wehnimer's, Exterior]
Also here: a stunned Lord Shisshio who is lying down
>
You feel fully energetic again.
>'Goodbye, Sir.
You say, "Goodbye, Sir."
>get cla
You remove a claidhmore from in your dwarven battle harness.
>cman mblow
>
You swing a claidhmore at Shisshio!
AS: +281 vs DS: +105 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +16 = +220
... and hit for 139 points of damage!
Slash to Shisshio's ribs opens a sucking chest wound!

* Shisshio drops dead at your feet!

Shisshio seems a bit less imposing.
The guiding force leaves Shisshio.
Shisshio returns to normal color.
Shisshio appears less confident.
Roundtime: 9 sec.
>
* Shisshio just bit the dust!
>
The ghostly voice of Shisshio says, "Ya."
>
The ghostly voice of Shisshio says, "Well."
>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
>
The ghost of Shisshio whispers, "1..."
>
* Chalon just bit the dust!
>
Shisshio gives a ghostly chuckle.
>wt kshe
You place your claidhmore on your foot, pause to visualize your stunt and then kick the claidhmore into the air. You watch as it falls and position your body just right so it lands in your dwarven battle harness.

Round time: 3 sec.
>'I thought you had me for a second
You say, "I thought you had me for a second."
>sym pres shissh
>
You send a wave of energy toward Shisshio. It coalesces around his body and then seeps in leaving a glow that strengthens the bond between body and spirit.
>
The ghostly voice of Shisshio says, "Oh well."
>drag shissh
You are now automatically attempting to drag Shisshio when you move.
>se
>
You grab Shisshio's body and drag it southeast with you...

[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]

allen
05-15-2005, 03:55 PM
:whipit:

Itachi
05-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Ya that 1 roll sucked, but for 8 trains under you it was ok... and i got blasted on that haymaker or whatever that was lol.

StrayRogue
05-15-2005, 03:57 PM
OHE's suck.

Makkah
You got fucked like a 16 year old on prom night.

Itachi
its a switchable, i was using it 2 handed.... still trying to get ahold of a vultite katana too.

StrayRogue
05-15-2005, 03:59 PM
If you're going to use a two-hander, use something with a little bite and not a tooth-pick like a bastard sword or, even worse, a katana.

Itachi
05-15-2005, 04:01 PM
A lot of the katana is just for RP purposes, but what should i be using instead? Battle axe?

StrayRogue
05-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Depends on who or what you're fighting. Bob was in plate I presume. You should have used a maul.

allen
05-15-2005, 04:13 PM
Mattock or maul is best.

StrayRogue
05-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Plus I'd go for neck shots if you're looking for a death crit.

Itachi
05-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Ya, it was an unfortunate duel.

Bobmuhthol
05-15-2005, 04:19 PM
It was unfortunate that I didn't have my weapon out to start the fight. Goodbye, parry DS!

I thought about using Fu, but after two hits to the head I decided a claidh mblow would be best.

StrayRogue
05-15-2005, 04:21 PM
You are a good example of how plate + redux is awesome. When redux was in its infancy it was even worse. Berr, who was a prime test candidate (being the oldest or one of the oldest warriors of the time) couldn't be killed even by a +400 eye crit with a claidh.

Sylph
05-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Yeah stray.... untill Neimanz killed him with an ambush.

StrayRogue
05-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Are you retarded? This happened when redux first came out. The +400 attack was an ambush.

Sylph
05-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah... I remember... Berr was laying down and letting people swing at him.

Neimanz killed him with an ambush then Berr came back and killed Neimanz and everyone was like wtf.