PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose CM experts

Warcry
05-14-2005, 02:49 AM
I cant decide which CM's i want to learn...here is what im deciding from (im level 5)

parry mastery
block mastry
surge of strength
beserk
truehand
stunman
quickslash
hamstring
shield bash/charge
Mightyblow
Combat focus
Combat Movment

Which 5 are the best...

i was thinking

1.parryM
2.blockM
3.surgeofstrength
4.beserk
5.stunman

-6.hamstring

What you think?

Parkbandit
05-14-2005, 08:52 AM
I don't know.. but when I see the name "Warcry", I think of Warclaidhm and it makes me sad for you.

Don't be this guy:

Chadj
05-14-2005, 09:47 AM
I don't know a whole lot, but I DO know, Stunman, Berserk and Surge of Strength are three that you will DEFINATELY want.

Sylvan Dreams
05-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Warcry
I cant decide which CM's i want to learn...here is what im deciding from (im level 5)

parry mastery
block mastry
surge of strength
beserk
truehand
stunman
quickslash
hamstring
shield bash/charge
Mightyblow
Combat focus
Combat Movment

Which 5 are the best...

i was thinking

1.parryM
2.blockM
3.surgeofstrength
4.beserk
5.stunman

-6.hamstring

What you think?

Get StunManeuvers. It helps a lot. Don't waste CM points on anything you can get through the guild. It's more work but in the long run you'll end up with more maneuvers.

Landrion
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Warcry

parry mastery
block mastry
surge of strength
beserk
truehand
stunman
quickslash
hamstring
shield bash/charge
Mightyblow
Combat focus
Combat Movment

Which 5 are the best...

i was thinking

1.parryM
2.blockM
3.surgeofstrength
4.beserk
5.stunman

-6.hamstring

What you think?

Surge is a must-have.

As mentioned, get berserk through the guild. Personally, once I got going in berserk I dropped stunman.

Seriously consider wpsec and wbond.

Make sure you master tricks - feint is essential.

Truestrike is hot.

Quickstrike is handy, but endurance tight if you use two handers.

Thumbs down to the defensive cmans. Namely, the masteries and movement. AS/DS is already the hardest way to take down a warrior.

Further, the +10 of cfocus isnt going to stop anything that wants to ward you anyway. If you're already spell begging, AS'ing or MIU'ing to get a passable TD you probly shouldnt bother with focus.

Latrinsorm
05-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Focus is one more spell you don't need to worry about, but I wouldn't get (and haven't gotten) it until later levels. You can just pulp spellcasters in the early levels anyway.

DS is unnecessary, but the masteries are a sound investment. I wouldn't get one until you get an active maneuver of some kind though.

Absolutely get berserk and tricks mastered through the guild. Easiest combat skills to master.

A knockdown maneuver is always good. I wouldn't get hamstring unless you use TWC. Bullrush and sbash are both good.

edit: Bonding rocks.

[Edited on 5-14-2005 by Latrinsorm]

Warcry
05-15-2005, 03:16 AM
how about warcry?

and spin blade?

[Edited on 5-15-2005 by Warcry]

Bobmuhthol
05-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Warcry is not a combat maneuver.

Spin attack is part of tricks.

Stun maneuvers do not help a (good) warrior at all.

AnticorRifling
05-15-2005, 08:55 AM
Berserk you get from guild and you can master in a week. Stunman is kind of stupid since you can berserk while stunned.

05-15-2005, 12:46 PM
<<Stun maneuvers do not help a (good) warrior at all.>>

If you're not wiping out critters after one maneuver with a strike to the noggin, you're doing something wrong. There should be no reason for you to actually have to utilize stun maneuvers.

Warriorbird
05-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Surge, wspec. For the most part you don't want low ranks in a bunch of skills but high ranks in a few.