PDA

View Full Version : Trump Tax Returns

ClydeR
12-20-2022, 08:14 PM
From the 2016 presidential debate..

WALLACE: No, Mr. President, I’m asking you a question. Will you tell us how much you paid in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017?

TRUMP: Millions of dollars.

WALLACE: You paid millions of dollars in-

TRUMP: Millions of dollars, yes.

WALLACE: So not 750?

TRUMP: Millions of dollars. And you’ll get to see it. And you’ll get to see it.

BIDEN: When?

TRUMP: But let me just tell you-

BIDEN: In [crosstalk]?

TRUMP: Chris, let me just say something, that it was the tax laws. I don’t want to pay tax. Before I came here, I was a private developer, I was a private business people. Like every other private person, unless they’re stupid, they go through the laws, and that’s what it is. He passed a tax bill that gave us all these privileges for depreciation and for tax credits. We built the building and we get tax credits, like the hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue. Which by the way, was given to me by the Obama Administration, if you can believe that. Now the man got fired right after that happened, but that’s-

More... (https://www.debates.org/voter-education/debate-transcripts/september-29-2020-debate-transcript/)

It appears we'll soon get to see if Trump was telling the truth.

ClydeR
12-20-2022, 08:43 PM
Correction. That was the 2020 debate, not the 2016 debate.

Seran
12-20-2022, 10:07 PM
From the 2016 presidential debate..

It appears we'll soon get to see if Trump was telling the truth.

Not a chance. I'm sure we'll find out he claimed massive tax credits and had further financial conflicts with Russia, China, and Saudi Arabia that compromised his term.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-20-2022, 10:14 PM
Not a chance. I'm sure we'll find out he claimed massive tax credits and had further financial conflicts with Russia, China, and Saudi Arabia that compromised his term.

if our tax law allows it, will you stop crying?

No. You big sad. Big mad.

Seran
12-20-2022, 11:15 PM
if our tax law allows it, will you stop crying?

No. You big sad. Big mad.

Extortion isn't allowed by law. Nor is a President allowed to conceal tax information, by law it must be audited and all financial holdings placed in a blind trust to avoid financial extortion.

~Rocktar~
12-21-2022, 12:14 AM
Extortion isn't allowed by law. Nor is a President allowed to conceal tax information, by law it must be audited and all financial holdings placed in a blind trust to avoid financial extortion.

Ummm, no, not a law.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-21-2022, 08:33 AM

LULZ. Troll on.

ClydeR
12-21-2022, 09:22 AM
The House Ways and Means Committee release a summary report (https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/house-ways-and-means-trump-tax-report/ee70519acd75513e/full.pdf) based on their review of Trump's tax returns. According to the report, Trump paid $750.00 in taxes for 2016 and $750.00 for 2017.

The reason Chris Wallace asked Trump about the $750 figure in the 2020 debate is because the New York Times reported in 2020 (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-750-taxes.html) that it had obtained information that Trump paid just $750 in federal taxes. Trump denounced the NYT report as "fake news." In the debate, as quoted above, he said that he paid "millions" in federal income taxes in those two years.

Either the House Ways and Means Committee misunderstood the tax returns or Trump lied and slandered the NYT when he knew they were reporting the truth.

From 2020..

President Trump took to the podium Sunday hours after a bombshell New York Times report alleged he only paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2017, the year he took office. Mr. Trump insisted the report was "fake news" and "made up," but again claimed he cannot release his tax returns because he is under audit, although an audit does not stop him from releasing them publicly.

More... (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-tax-returns-new-york-times-report/)

Seran
12-21-2022, 10:45 AM
The House Ways and Means Committee release a summary report (https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/house-ways-and-means-trump-tax-report/ee70519acd75513e/full.pdf) based on their review of Trump's tax returns. According to the report, Trump paid $750.00 in taxes for 2016 and $750.00 for 2017.

The reason Chris Wallace asked Trump about the $750 figure in the 2020 debate is because the New York Times reported in 2020 (https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/29/us/trump-750-taxes.html) that it had obtained information that Trump paid just $750 in federal taxes. Trump denounced the NYT report as "fake news." In the debate, as quoted above, he said that he paid "millions" in federal income taxes in those two years.

Either the House Ways and Means Committee misunderstood the tax returns or Trump lied and slandered the NYT when he knew they were reporting the truth.

From 2020..

Shocker, he lied. His net worth, his tax obligations, it was all a lie. What was the truth was he was under audit, because he got a $70+ million refund in 2009 it looks like he may not have been entitled to and will have to pay back. That'll be crowd funded for sure, most of it coming from Russia and the Saudis.

Parkbandit
12-21-2022, 11:06 AM
Shocker, he lied. His net worth, his tax obligations, it was all a lie. What was the truth was he was under audit, because he got a $70+ million refund in 2009 it looks like he may not have been entitled to and will have to pay back. That'll be crowd funded for sure, most of it coming from Russia and the Saudis.

I love that you are still on the "Russian collusion" schtick.. years after it was disproven.

It's because you are incapable of actually learning.

Because you are retarded.

Also, look at the actual tax returns again... have an adult with an IQ above 12 to help you.

Seran
12-21-2022, 11:23 AM
I love that you are still on the "Russian collusion" schtick.. years after it was disproven.

It's because you are incapable of actually learning.

Because you are retarded.

Also, look at the actual tax returns again... have an adult with an IQ above 12 to help you.

You can I must have read different Mueller reports, because it was proven Trump family and campaign members met with Russian intelligence officers and the Russian disinformation campaign in both 2016 and 2020 elections were also proven fact.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-21-2022, 11:47 AM
You can I must have read different Mueller reports, because it was proven Trump family and campaign members met with Russian intelligence officers and the Russian disinformation campaign in both 2016 and 2020 elections were also proven fact.

Why isn't he in jail for it?

Parkbandit
12-21-2022, 11:53 AM

You read reports like you solve math with the DJIA: on the retarded scale of wrongness.

Please stop posting for today... you should save some of this extra retardation for when Backlash or time4fun comes back to challenge you for your title.

SPOILER: They don't stand a chance of taking it from you.

~Rocktar~
12-21-2022, 12:15 PM

Shocker! You have no idea how tax law works and assume that if you don't pay income taxes, you don't pay federal taxes. Musk should have fixed you of that but nope, you are a moron. Most rich people don't pay "income tax" because they don't have income according to the Federal tax code. But then again, stupid people like you don't understand that or how the tax code works or much of anything for that matter.

ClydeR
12-21-2022, 12:50 PM
Why isn't he in jail for it?

Because it's not illegal to meet with Russians for the purpose of discussing a U.S. presidential campaign.

Parkbandit
12-21-2022, 01:01 PM
https://media.tenor.com/Q6ZP36z0jSIAAAAC/clown-juggle.gif

ClydeR
12-21-2022, 01:02 PM
Shocker! You have no idea how tax law works and assume that if you don't pay income taxes, you don't pay federal taxes.. Musk should have fixed you of that but nope, you are a moron. Most rich people don't pay "income tax" because they don't have income according to the Federal tax code.

Sounds questionable. Do you have a cite to back that up? If you are thinking about the difference between ordinary income and capital gains, that is not the issue here. Both ordinary income and capital gains cause income tax, just at different tax rates, which is why Warren Buffet pays tax at a lower tax rate than his secretary. Trump paid $750 in income taxes in each of 2016 and 2017, including both his ordinary income and his capital gains.

If you look at the IRS published aggregate statistics, you'll see that the amount of tax paid, on average, increases with the amount of income. More spreadsheets than you can shake a stick at.. https://www.irs.gov/statistics/soi-tax-stats-individual-statistical-tables-by-size-of-adjusted-gross-income

Trump's tax returns may have been perfectly legal. Why did he feel the need to lie about it? His answer at the debate was not ambiguous or subject to interpretation. If he misspoke, he did not retract the statement after the debate. And he made similar statements many times in other contexts, including when he called the now-validated NYT report "fake news."

~Rocktar~
12-21-2022, 01:59 PM
Sounds questionable. Do you have a cite to back that up? If you are thinking about the difference between ordinary income and capital gains, that is not the issue here. Both ordinary income and capital gains cause income tax, just at different tax rates, which is why Warren Buffet pays tax at a lower tax rate than his secretary. Trump paid $750 in income taxes in each of 2016 and 2017, including both his ordinary income and his capital gains.

If you look at the IRS published aggregate statistics, you'll see that the amount of tax paid, on average, increases with the amount of income. More spreadsheets than you can shake a stick at.. https://www.irs.gov/statistics/soi-tax-stats-individual-statistical-tables-by-size-of-adjusted-gross-income

Trump's tax returns may have been perfectly legal. Why did he feel the need to lie about it? His answer at the debate was not ambiguous or subject to interpretation. If he misspoke, he did not retract the statement after the debate. And he made similar statements many times in other contexts, including when he called the now-validated NYT report "fake news."

Ordinary income is not capital gains. They are not the same, the same laws don't apply and they are not taxed at the same rate. You seriously need to learn about tax law.

Neveragain
12-21-2022, 02:31 PM
Trump's tax returns may have been perfectly legal.

After nearly 7 years of "But Tax Returns!", to find out what everyone without TDS already knew, one would think people like you would find some self awareness.

But, you won't.

So we will continue hear how Trump kicked your puppy for another decade.

ClydeR
12-21-2022, 02:58 PM
Ordinary income is not capital gains.

Agreed.

They are not the same, the same laws don't apply and they are not taxed at the same rate.

Agreed.

You seriously need to learn about tax law.

Agreed.

But none of that is inconsistent with what I posted. According to the Ways and Means summary report, Trump paid $750 of income tax in each of 2016 and 2017. The income tax included both his ordinary income and his capital gains. In fact, everything I said was 100% accurate. You might even say perfect.

I trust most of the people in this forum to read what I said and what you said and figure it out for themselves. By "most" for this particular forum, I mean 70%, which is the only reason I posted this response.

ClydeR
12-21-2022, 03:00 PM
After nearly 7 years of "But Tax Returns!", to find out what everyone without TDS already knew, one would think people like you would find some self awareness.

The question remains.. Why did he lie about it? Surely his repeated lies on this subject are more important to the nation than whether or not he figured his taxes correctly -- something that is far from certain. The President of the United States intentionally lied in a national debate and on multiple other occasions and even impugned a newspaper that reported the truth.

Seran
12-21-2022, 03:11 PM

But, you won't.

So we will continue hear how Trump kicked your puppy for another decade.

It's nice to know the argument has gone from, "Trump shouldn't have to submit tax returns because they were the most perfect tax returns ever." to, "So what, he lied about his taxes, financial acumen and debts owed to foreign powers all to gain the Presidency. Anyone who thinks those are negatives is suffering from TDS."

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-21-2022, 03:27 PM
Troll says what?

Neveragain
12-21-2022, 03:34 PM
The question remains.. Why did he lie about it? Surely his repeated lies on this subject are more important to the nation than whether or not he figured his taxes correctly -- something that is far from certain. The President of the United States intentionally lied in a national debate and on multiple other occasions and even impugned a newspaper that reported the truth.

Did he break any laws? No?

7 fucking years digging an empty hole, get a grip.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-21-2022, 03:36 PM
Did he break any laws? No?

7 fucking years digging an empty hole, get a grip.

Now let's turn that scrutiny towards members of Congress.

Neveragain
12-21-2022, 03:44 PM
It's nice to know the argument has gone from, "Trump shouldn't have to submit tax returns because they were the most perfect tax returns ever." to, "So what, he lied about his taxes, financial acumen and debts owed to foreign powers all to gain the Presidency. Anyone who thinks those are negatives is suffering from TDS."

There is no law that requires presidential candidates to show their tax returns.

I would have lied too if I had know it would make democrats grind away for 7 years at researching totally legal tax filings. Ya'll look like tools getting thugged by a street corner 3 card monte dealer.

Seran
12-21-2022, 03:49 PM
There is no law that requires presidential candidates to show their tax returns.

I would have lied too if I had know it would make democrats grind away for 7 years at researching totally legal tax filings. Ya'll look like tools getting thugged by a street corner 3 card monte dealer.

Tax fraud is still illegal you know. Like what the Trump Association and by extension, Trump as it's CEO, was charged with, then convicted of in New York. So no, "totally legal tax filings" is a stretch, given state tax filings should reflect what was filed federally.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-21-2022, 04:12 PM
Tax fraud is still illegal you know. Like what the Trump Association and by extension, Trump as it's CEO, was charged with, then convicted of in New York. So no, "totally legal tax filings" is a stretch, given state tax filings should reflect what was filed federally.

Why isn't he in jail then?

Parkbandit
12-21-2022, 05:03 PM

Trump has been audited probably every year for most of his adult life.

Please stop posting today... you aren't mentally fit to do so without posting something retarded.

Seran
12-21-2022, 05:30 PM

Because we don't do trials by acclimation in the country, we follow the rule of law.

Seran
12-21-2022, 05:31 PM
Trump has been audited probably every year for most of his adult life.

Please stop posting today... you aren't mentally fit to do so without posting something retarded.

Uh, no. Too much going on and all the time I was going to spend saying 'I told you so" with the release of the January 6th report has to wait until tomorrow due to the release delay.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-21-2022, 06:03 PM
Uh, no. Too much going on and all the time I was going to spend saying 'I told you so" with the release of the January 6th report has to wait until tomorrow due to the release delay.

I'm looking very much forward to the charges, so he can actually have a defense instead of a kangaroo hearing by antitrumpers.

Parkbandit
12-21-2022, 06:11 PM

You mean the "Bipartisan" January 6th committee that will say "WE HATE TRUMP AND DON'T WANT HIM TO RUN AGAIN SO WE ARE SAYING YOU NEED TO CHARGE HIM!"

Seran
12-21-2022, 06:43 PM
I'm looking very much forward to the charges, so he can actually have a defense instead of a kangaroo hearing by antitrumpers.

Trump was subpoenaed to appear before the House committee and chose not to do so, perhaps he could have offered a far better antitrump testimony than some of the others. Lord knows everytime he opens his mouth Republicans support him less.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-21-2022, 07:03 PM
Trump was subpoenaed to appear before the House committee and chose not to do so, perhaps he could have offered a far better antitrump testimony than some of the others. Lord knows everytime he opens his mouth Republicans support him less.

Your words really mean nothing. I wouldn't go before a hostile committee either, no one with any brains would. You of course advocate for it, proving my point.

Seran
12-21-2022, 10:32 PM
Your words really mean nothing. I wouldn't go before a hostile committee either, no one with any brains would. You of course advocate for it, proving my point.

Because a Prosecutor is going to go easy on him if he's put on the stand for a direct criminal indictment? LOL.

Parkbandit
12-22-2022, 07:39 AM
Because a Prosecutor is going to go easy on him if he's put on the stand for a direct criminal indictment? LOL.

No, because Trump will be in an actual court of law and not some political theater that has a clear bias against him.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-22-2022, 08:25 AM
Of the 9 select committee, 4 of them got fired by the public (granted one quit but she was about to get massacred in Florida) and replaced by actual conservatives. I'd say Trump won and he didn't even show up for the kangaroo committee.

In public court where facts matter, it'll show a whole nother side to things and make the committee look even worse a political hack job and total waste of millions of dollars.

~Rocktar~
12-22-2022, 09:14 AM
Pretty sure that constitutionally, there is nothing they can do to stop him from becoming POTUS again if he wants too.

Parkbandit
12-22-2022, 10:27 AM
Pretty sure that constitutionally, there is nothing they can do to stop him from becoming POTUS again if he wants too.

They are trying their hardest though!

Seran
12-22-2022, 10:36 AM

Federal law and the constitution both point out disqualification from holding high federal office.

~Rocktar~
12-22-2022, 12:46 PM
Federal law and the constitution both point out disqualification from holding high federal office.

Sorry no.

Methais
12-22-2022, 01:09 PM

You really are the most ignorance fueled butthurt person on the entire planet. This is on top of you already being one of the world's most colossal retards in general.

Methais
12-22-2022, 01:16 PM

What are you going to do when nothing happens to Trump for the 8497320423rd time, and then he still runs for President?

Seran's entire posting history:
https://i.imgur.com/p0gK4tR.png

ClydeR
12-30-2022, 11:06 AM
The House released Trump's tax returns today. You can download it here in a single 1.3 gigabyte PDF file (https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/trump-taxes-attachment-e/Attachment%20E%20Combined.pdf).

~Rocktar~
12-30-2022, 11:23 AM
The House released Trump's tax returns today. You can download it here in a single 1.3 gigabyte PDF file (https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/trump-taxes-attachment-e/Attachment%20E%20Combined.pdf).

Proof positive the Left will do anything, break any law, lie about anything to try and get even with him for beating their anointed demoness and telling them to shove it.

Neveragain
12-30-2022, 11:24 AM

I'll take "Things that nobody downloaded in 2022" for 500, Alex.

Neveragain
12-30-2022, 12:43 PM
Proof positive the Left will do anything, break any law, lie about anything to try and get even with him for beating their anointed demoness and telling them to shove it.

Off topic.

Recently I've been wondering why Hollywood has never made a movie based off Dante's Inferno. The CGI would be lit.

Tgo01
12-30-2022, 12:47 PM
So....what have the Democrats done with Trump's tax returns? I thought if they got their hands on his tax returns it would prove Russian collusion, corruption, tax fraud, and all sorts of other crimes?

Instead we find out that...what...Trump paid taxes in one year even though he didn't make any money, didn't pay taxes in other years when he didn't make money, and paid a shit load of money in taxes in years in which he made money?

Good job, Democrats!

rolfard
12-30-2022, 01:24 PM
Off topic.

Recently I've been wondering why Hollywood has never made a movie based off Dante's Inferno. The CGI would be lit.

Even better

https://youtu.be/AVhDYks1ea8

Neveragain
12-30-2022, 01:42 PM
Even better

https://youtu.be/AVhDYks1ea8

I said CGI, damnit.

Seran
12-30-2022, 01:43 PM
So....what have the Democrats done with Trump's tax returns? I thought if they got their hands on his tax returns it would prove Russian collusion, corruption, tax fraud, and all sorts of other crimes?

Instead we find out that...what...Trump paid taxes in one year even though he didn't make any money, didn't pay taxes in other years when he didn't make money, and paid a shit load of money in taxes in years in which he made money?

Good job, Democrats!

Umm.. It does show emoluments violations, foreign bribery, outright lies from the campaign trail, and last but no least the tax fraud he committed in failing to disclose Trump Organization bonuses and perks that were taxable as shown in the NY criminal trial, not to mention a whole host of credits and deductions which weren't legitimate. But sure you could just claim the exact opposite of the truth if it makes you feel less salty.

Parkbandit
12-30-2022, 02:00 PM
Umm.. It does show emoluments violations, foreign bribery, outright lies from the campaign trail, and last but no least the tax fraud he committed in failing to disclose Trump Organization bonuses and perks that were taxable as shown in the NY criminal trial, not to mention a whole host of credits and deductions which weren't legitimate. But sure you could just claim the exact opposite of the truth if it makes you feel less salty.

I just got back from my belt guy... your official championship belt is done.

I couldn't find a more retarded post to present this to you with.. than your most recent one.

Congrats.

https://i.imgur.com/V1fLHGm.jpg

Tgo01
12-30-2022, 03:07 PM
Wow all of these crimes Trump committed and the IRS never handed over this information to the FBI? Amazing! So surely now the FBI will be arresting Trump any day now right?

Methais
12-30-2022, 03:10 PM

Good job, Democrats!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that it proves that Trump has good tax people that ensure he doesn't give the government anything more than what he legally owes according to current tax laws.

Seran will have a meltdown anyway, despite nothing illegal being done.

Didn't they already do this a few years ago when Trump was in office, which ended up just being Rachel Maddow having a Geraldo moment?

Methais
12-30-2022, 03:12 PM

There is a 100% chance that if you were asked to elaborate or point out any of this on Trump's tax returns, you would either ignore it or be like "Google it," because you literally do nothing but talk shit while confirming to everyone else that you're the most retarded retard in retard history who knows nothing about anything and can only follow NPC code.

I just got back from my belt guy... your official championship belt is done.

I couldn't find a more retarded post to present this to you with.. than your most recent one.

Congrats.

https://i.imgur.com/V1fLHGm.jpg

Seran you should really make this your avatar. It would be the most accurate avatar in avatar history.

Tell us Seran, when should we expect charges to be filed against Trump? And what charges?

Seran
12-30-2022, 03:35 PM
Wow all of these crimes Trump committed and the IRS never handed over this information to the FBI? Amazing! So surely now the FBI will be arresting Trump any day now right?

He's got bigger charges already being investigated. Tax fraud pales in comparison to inciting insurrection, seditious conspiracy, etc etc

Methais
12-30-2022, 03:47 PM
He's got bigger charges already being investigated. Tax fraud pales in comparison to inciting insurrection, seditious conspiracy, etc etc

lololololololololololololololol

THINGS ARE REALLY HEATING UP GUYS, FOR REAL THIS TIME UNLIKE THE 4873290423 TIMES BEFORE IT OVER THE PAST 6 YEARS OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

Are you sure you're not one of time4fun's multiple personalities or something? Like the one that's extra stupid with the lowest possible IQ?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-30-2022, 07:01 PM

Also, do you know that the tax preparer(s) have responsibility to file accurate returns, and if they don't many times they or their companies are held responsible? So if anything comes of this (it will not), likely TDS infected over litigation will miss Trump (again) and hit someone who works for him. Which I get is all your party cares about, destroying peoples lives, but it's still shitty.

And I can't wait to see Pelosi's returns. And Hunter's.

Seran
12-30-2022, 07:53 PM

Also, do you know that the tax preparer(s) have responsibility to file accurate returns, and if they don't many times they or their companies are held responsible? So if anything comes of this (it will not), likely TDS infected over litigation will miss Trump (again) and hit someone who works for him. Which I get is all your party cares about, destroying peoples lives, but it's still shitty.

And I can't wait to see Pelosi's returns. And Hunter's.

Lawl. You really think that when you file your tax returns you're abrogating all responsibility or culpability to your preparer? You do know that the IRS assesses penalties to the tax payor, not the preparer? They only file the documents and information /you/ provide.

Suppressed Poet
12-30-2022, 07:59 PM
Imagine white knighting for the IRS…

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-30-2022, 08:31 PM
Lawl. You really think that when you file your tax returns you're abrogating all responsibility or culpability to your preparer? You do know that the IRS assesses penalties to the tax payor, not the preparer? They only file the documents and information /you/ provide.

I know significantly more than you do, yes.

Parkbandit
12-30-2022, 08:36 PM

That is not setting the bar high at all.

Besides shitting in your pants, name a topic where you believe Seran knows more than anyone?

Suppressed Poet
12-30-2022, 08:41 PM

Besides shitting in your pants, name a topic where you believe Seran knows more than anyone?

1) being a bastard
2) sniffing glue
3) eating lead paint
4) simping on OnlyFans

Parkbandit
12-30-2022, 08:46 PM
1) being a bastard

He has a father.. he's just out getting cigarettes. He'll be back one day.

2) sniffing glue

His mother deserves time away from him. I don't blame her for introducing him to this.

3) eating lead paint

Is there really any danger in this though? Lead paint effects the brain. Seran is impervious to this type of poisoning.

4) OnlyFans

Can you pay the subscription with a WIC card?

Unlikely.

Suppressed Poet
12-30-2022, 08:48 PM
He has a father.. he's just out getting cigarettes. He'll be back one day.

His mother deserves time away from him. I don't blame her for introducing him to this.

Is there really any danger in this though? Lead paint effects the brain. Seran is impervious to this type of poisoning.

Can you pay the subscription with a WIC card?

Unlikely.

All excellent points. I concede.

ClydeR
12-30-2022, 08:57 PM
Going back to the first post in this thread, we now know for certain whether or not Trump told the truth during the 2020 debate. He did not pay millions of dollars in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017. In fact, he paid exactly $750 as reported by the New York Times in 2020, even though Trump called a press conference at the time to denounce the NYT report as fake news.

WALLACE: No, Mr. President, I’m asking you a question. Will you tell us how much you paid in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017?

TRUMP: Millions of dollars.

WALLACE: You paid millions of dollars in-

TRUMP: Millions of dollars, yes.

WALLACE: So not 750?

TRUMP: Millions of dollars. And you’ll get to see it. And you’ll get to see it.

BIDEN: When?

TRUMP: But let me just tell you-

BIDEN: In [crosstalk]?

TRUMP: Chris, let me just say something, that it was the tax laws. I don’t want to pay tax. Before I came here, I was a private developer, I was a private business people. Like every other private person, unless they’re stupid, they go through the laws, and that’s what it is. He passed a tax bill that gave us all these privileges for depreciation and for tax credits. We built the building and we get tax credits, like the hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue. Which by the way, was given to me by the Obama Administration, if you can believe that. Now the man got fired right after that happened, but that’s-

More... (https://www.debates.org/voter-education/debate-transcripts/september-29-2020-debate-transcript/)

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-30-2022, 09:04 PM

His ability to come to incorrect conclusions from factual data? His ability to parrot what he hears on CNN? I also think he knows Fox news more than anyone, from how often he references it.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-30-2022, 09:05 PM
Going back to the first post in this thread, we now know for certain whether or not Trump told the truth during the 2020 debate. He did not pay millions of dollars in federal income taxes in 2016 and 2017. In fact, he paid exactly $750 as reported by the New York Times in 2020, even though Trump called a press conference at the time to denounce the NYT report as fake news.

Did Kamala tell the truth in the democrat debates that Joe Biden was a racist?

Seran
12-30-2022, 09:24 PM

He told the truth when he said he didn't want to pay tax. Little did Republicans know to what lengths he'd go to to avoid tax liability.

Seran
12-30-2022, 09:33 PM

Evidently not if you think criminal tax evasion by deliberate deception by the taxpayer is the fault of the tax preparer and not the person furnishing the fraudulent information.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
12-30-2022, 10:50 PM
Evidently not if you think criminal tax evasion by deliberate deception by the taxpayer is the fault of the tax preparer and not the person furnishing the fraudulent information.

not what I said, try again.

~Rocktar~
12-30-2022, 11:26 PM

So the IRS, who has had his tax returns since he filed them didn't investigate them and after all this time they still haven't charged him? They are the experts on tax fraud and yet, they are fine with it and yet, here you are, likely paying H&R block or TaxAct to file your taxes and yet somehow you know better than the IRS?

Parkbandit
12-31-2022, 07:24 AM
He told the truth when he said he didn't want to pay tax. Little did Republicans know to what lengths he'd go to to avoid tax liability.

Most rich people do.

If Trump broke the law with tax fraud, then charge him and let's see the case... but to believe that he is somehow different than everyone in his tax bracket makes you dumber today than I thought you were yesterday.

Shaps
12-31-2022, 10:12 AM
Imagine getting upset at rich people using the tax code to their advantage, which is legal... instead of the people that write the tax code, are supposed to work for the people, and become millionaires themselves.

ClydeR
12-31-2022, 10:19 AM
As a presidential candidate in 2015, Mr. Trump said he would not take "even one dollar" of the $400,000 salary that comes with the job. "I am totally giving up my salary if I become president," he said.

In his first three years in office, Mr. Trump said he donated his salary quarterly. But in 2020, his last full year in office, the documents show that Mr. Trump reported $0 in charitable giving.

Also in 2020, as the pandemic recession swiftly descended, Mr. Trump reported heavy business losses and no federal tax liability.

In the earlier years, White House officials made a point of highlighting which government agencies were receiving the money, starting with the National Park Service in 2017. The tax documents released Friday show that Mr. Trump reported charitable donations totaling nearly $1.9 million in 2017 and just over $500,000 in both 2018 and 2019.

More... (https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/30/us/politics/trump-tax-returns-takeaways.html)

Trump donated most of his salary as President to charity. As a candidate, he said he would donate all of his salary. Should he be praised for generosity or condemned for deceit? It's a complicated question, unless you've read the Bible, in which case you already know the answer..

Ananias and Sapphira, husband and wife, sold some land. They donated a portion of the sales proceeds to the church, but they claimed to have donated all of the sales proceeds. Good or bad?

https://i.imgur.com/nS5HRWe.jpeg

That's right. It was bad. God struck them dead. It was their money to donate all, some or none, but they tried to make themselves look generous by lying. You can read it in Acts 5.

Seran
12-31-2022, 11:10 AM
Trump donated most of his salary as President to charity. As a candidate, he said he would donate all of his salary. Should he be praised for generosity or condemned for deceit? It's a complicated question, unless you've read the Bible, in which case you already know the answer..

Ananias and Sapphira, husband and wife, sold some land. They donated a portion of the sales proceeds to the church, but they claimed to have donated all of the sales proceeds. Good or bad?

That's right. It was bad. God struck them dead. It was their money to donate all, some or none, but they tried to make themselves look generous by lying. You can read it in Acts 5.

Hardly surprising, Trump has made it his personal brand to lie even in the most innocuous of circumstances. In a typically epic feat of mental gymnastics, Conservatives praise his dishonesty as his best trait. "It's only a lie if a higher authority calls you out on it and it's only a crime if someone charges you." What a sad state for Republicans.

Neveragain
12-31-2022, 11:13 AM

There are several passages about donating/wages/taxes in the bible. There are also several passages about imparting gods judgement upon others.

I'm not the best at remembering all the books and such. Maybe it's John, not sure, that talks about a farmer, not sure if he was a farmer, that hires a couple men to do some work. The old man tells them he will pay them 10 silver for the days labor. Later in the day the old man decides to employ a third man for the day. At the end of the day the old man pays all 3 of the workers the 10 silver. The first 2 men start to argue with the old man, saying it wasn't fair that the 3rd man get 10 silver because he only worked half the day.

Who is just?

If you have read the bible, you know the answer.

Parkbandit
12-31-2022, 11:26 AM
Conservatives praise his dishonesty as his best trait.

Can you cite a source for this please?

Or just admit you are making shit up again and it's your right to, since you are the Retard Champion.

Either way, please stop being a fucking retard.

Thanks.

Shaps
01-05-2023, 12:05 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/what-did-releasing-trumps-tax-returns-accomplish-204008833.html

"What did releasing Trump’s tax returns accomplish?"

"With no obvious “smoking guns” indicating clear illegal activity and the general picture of Trump’s finances already relatively well known, debate has sprung up about what value — if any — there was in releasing his returns to the public."

Nothing illegal, weird.

Odd how that works.

Parkbandit
01-05-2023, 06:24 AM
Now that the precedent has been set, time to go digging.

Methais
01-05-2023, 10:34 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/what-did-releasing-trumps-tax-returns-accomplish-204008833.html

"What did releasing Trump’s tax returns accomplish?"

"With no obvious “smoking guns” indicating clear illegal activity and the general picture of Trump’s finances already relatively well known, debate has sprung up about what value — if any — there was in releasing his returns to the public."

Nothing illegal, weird.

Odd how that works.

But Seran said it was going to expose all sorts of corruption, Russian collusion, tax fraud, etc. that Trump would go to jail for.

What happened? Clearly your link is fake news because Seran is never wrong.