PDA

View Full Version : ...

05-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Fire mages and friends have relearned some of their lost lore. Adventurers are encouraged to stop by for a personal demonstration!

Warden

When a fire mage says, "Well done," you can be sure that he likes you... cooked a tad more than medium well.

This message was originally posted in Hunting and Game Design Discussions, Teras Isle Hunting Areas. To discuss the above follow the link below.

::clears his throat::

AAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAAHAHA!!!!!!!

That is all.

05-23-2005, 12:54 AM
A 70 train critter that already kills capped players was just given immolation and e-wave.

They were already revamped recently. This is absurd, no offense.

hectomaner
05-23-2005, 02:15 AM
and they got clouds back, as well as sprites did, and they stay around after they die

and if a capped person gets killed by a firemage, they need to reroll

Sylph
05-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Heh... Fire mages need to be 98th train.

Like in Old Gemstone III... they are pound for pound nasty.

The Cat In The Hat
05-23-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by hectomaner
and they got clouds back, as well as sprites did, and they stay around after they die

and if a capped person gets killed by a firemage, they need to reroll

Um... Not true. When you get 4 or more boxes you're a very easy target for boil, which could kill ANYONE.

And I just hunted them again today (for lack of anything else to do) and they're not much different otherwise.

[Edited on 5-23-2005 by The Cat In The Hat]

FinisWolf
05-23-2005, 05:59 AM
Fire Mages are you friend...

...your DEATHS STING friend.

:lol:

Finis

Caiylania
05-23-2005, 07:21 AM
<----- Suddenly is glad she aint capped.

Jolena
05-23-2005, 08:53 AM
I have hunted fire mages with groups before but no way could I have done it alone. I think I even hunted Fire mages with just Gothique a few times. Of course, she was close to capped then and so yeah, she saved me from dying I'm sure.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-23-2005, 08:55 AM
I always thought fire mages were fun, and not exceedingly hard. Just have to be smart with them, and recognize you could die if you make a mistake.

Jolena
05-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah I always have fun hunting something that far above my train though. It's a rush for me knowing that I can die with the slightest mistake yet walking away fairly intact.

ElanthianSiren
05-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Fire mages are not an economically sound thing for your character to hunt IMO -- especially if you're a swinger. Kiera's husband takes them out fairly allright though, but yea -- forget mages.

Sometimes, when I'm writing, I find myself giong back and editing things instead of doing what I should be doing and creating a new scene or chapter.

-Melissa

Sean of the Thread
05-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
A 70 train critter that already kills capped players was just given immolation and e-wave.

They were already revamped recently. This is absurd, no offense.

Don't forget teh roa'ters.. basically anything with manuevers can be that nasty if you get caught sleeping.

Tsunami
05-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Heh, yeah...I remember Kadesha telling me once....before she got yanked back to the 100 train cap...she wandered around the outer ring of Varunar for fun because Roa'ters were about the only thing left that could still kill her.

:D

Sean
05-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Fire mages are a waste of time to hunt. I prefer coming back from my hunts not covered in minors just because I killed stuff.

ElanthianSiren
05-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
Fire mages are a waste of time to hunt. I prefer coming back from my hunts not covered in minors just because I killed stuff.

I know capped players with empaths who have gotten their paths to legend themselves via firemages. In principle, I agree -- unless you have another account with an empath on it.

-Melissa