PDA

View Full Version : Shimmering steel katana and some other old things

evasive1
09-18-2022, 02:49 PM
Would love to own one of those again, +17 is fine. Will pay the necessary premium in your preferred currency.

Also looking for the following:

any OHE katana, any enchant
a shining steel longsword
a bone-pommeled elven longsword
a jagged edged falchion
a frost giant skull
a beaded black stone belt
a pulsating blue sunstone earring
a gold-stringed thraak skin sack
a puma fur coat
a light doeskin jacket

blanks
09-18-2022, 02:57 PM
You can just make a perfect steel katana (or find a steel one) and alter it with a shimmering potion.

Or find an OHE katana and then alter it with a potion. Lesser transmute at DR HESS shop.

Nordred
09-18-2022, 04:04 PM
Sometimes you just want the original, untouched piece. I'd not seen one of the OHE katana in an original state in a long time though. Good luck finding one of those.

kutter
09-18-2022, 04:51 PM
Sometimes you just want the original, untouched piece.

I feel that way about a veniom-laced stunning eahnor breastplate, but people have lockered all of them it seems. Making one seems sort of wrong somehow.

evasive1
09-18-2022, 06:24 PM
You can just make a perfect steel katana (or find a steel one) and alter it with a shimmering potion.

Or find an OHE katana and then alter it with a potion. Lesser transmute at DR HESS shop.

Good recommendation, I'd go that route but I actually want to swing that sexy falchion base. EDIT: Woops, I glazed over your reply; that 2nd suggestion is titties.

Orthin
09-19-2022, 06:17 AM
I feel that way about a veniom-laced stunning eahnor breastplate, but people have lockered all of them it seems. Making one seems sort of wrong somehow.

I felt that way about fish spine swords and the nostalgia shop that sold things like that and the Forest Green Brig and some other things. It just doesn't hold the same kind of luster than having the original item. It feels cheapened

Nothing
09-19-2022, 06:33 AM
glyphs for katanas aren't sold anywhere, so no making a perfect one unless they were released long ago at an event I'm not aware of and you can manage to get your hands on them

kutter
09-19-2022, 11:33 AM
glyphs for katanas aren't sold anywhere, so no making a perfect one unless they were released long ago at an event I'm not aware of and you can manage to get your hands on them

Glyphs for a katana, claids, and naginatas have never and from what I have been told will never be released.

Nothing
09-19-2022, 12:45 PM
We've been told a lot of things absolutely never will happen that are live in GS right now

Gelston
09-19-2022, 03:21 PM
We've been told a lot of things absolutely never will happen that are live in GS right now

Sure, but this hasn't since crafting has existed. Maybe they will one day, but as of yet, nope.

blanks
09-19-2022, 03:56 PM
Sure, but this hasn't since crafting has existed. Maybe they will one day, but as of yet, nope.

At DR mania this year, Wyrom offered for the first time to turn any weapon into a perfect base… he said any weapon that can be crafted… (He said that he would allowed Katanas. Future spoiler?)

BLZrizz
09-19-2022, 04:24 PM
Staff has strange mental blocks with certain things. 15x? Sure!!!! +50TD? Why not? HESS cert to make items perfect? Hell No! Though theyd clear millions of BS selling them as HESS certs for 250k a pop.

OHE Katanas are one of those things, even though they'd probably clear a mil scrip selling OHE katana forging glyphs.

Gelston
09-19-2022, 04:34 PM
At DR mania this year, Wyrom offered for the first time to turn any weapon into a perfect base… he said any weapon that can be crafted… (He said that he would allowed Katanas. Future spoiler?)

I'm more saying "don't plan on getting a Katana glyph".

Macillus
09-19-2022, 04:38 PM
Staff has strange mental blocks with certain things. 15x? Sure!!!! +50TD? Why not? HESS cert to make items perfect? Hell No! Though theyd clear millions of BS selling them as HESS certs for 250k a pop

Improving enhancives on splitters by +1 for 50k at HESS? NO WAY, YOU'LL BREAK THE GAME!!! Meanwhile at HESS: want to take a neckworn with +18 total enhancives and move it to the new Left Butt Cheek inventory slot? That'll be 25k please.

Nordred
09-19-2022, 08:22 PM
Improving enhancives on splitters by +1 for 50k at HESS? NO WAY, YOU'LL BREAK THE GAME!!! Meanwhile at HESS: want to take a neckworn with +18 total enhancives and move it to the new Left Butt Cheek inventory slot? That'll be 25k please.

I get how it sounds game breaking having and all in one weapon on a splitter being enhancive but considering you can rather easily do the exact same thing wearing them the whole thing kind of defeats the concept of restricting them in the first place.