PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to have a real life!

Shari
05-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Wow, so much has happened in the last week I don't know where to start.

I'm graduating, for REAL. I'm passing all my classes and have one online summer class and then they mail me my degree by October. CAN YOU FREAKING BELIEVE IT!?!

With that, I got a normal 40 hr/week job, where I work NO weekends, and make more than 7 dollars an hour! AND, I can pretty much wear whatever the bloody hell I want. (Like jeans and flip flops)

I know this sounds so very, very rediculous, and many people may pity me for falling into the corporate world, BUT, this is a huge change.

My entire career has been nothing but retail night/weekend jobs and school during the day. Which fucking BLOWS. I've already expressed my frustration here with working at Petsmart. I formally put my 2 weeks in and sat down with our head manager and told him what a shitty job he was doing. Suprisingly, he didn't throw me out right there, and hopefully he'll take what I said for something and actually start doing his job for the sake of the other people still working there.

I no longer have to wear a uniform and I'm making 3 dollars more an hour than I usually am, plus twice the hours I used to. AND NO WEEKENDS. Do you have any idea HOW FUCKING COOL it is to be able to wear jeans and flipflops to work?

Okay, I'm just so stoked. I can hang out and do normal things like laundry, and make dinner when I get home. (Yes, like a good "wifey" should.) I seriously have not cooked a dinner in three months, its truely depressing.

Anyhow, I know I'm ranting now but DAMN does it ever feel fucking good to know I am done for college forever. Unless I should CHOOSE to come back for the fun of it.

I'll post some grad pics after Thursday when the ceremony is.

05-08-2005, 03:09 AM
Real life is overrated : /

Congrats!

Keller
05-08-2005, 03:10 AM
Welcome to adulthood.

From my one-year experience, it only gets better.

Miss X
05-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Aww, that all sounds great hon, good luck! I hope you enjoy the real world! I couldn't handle it but it was nice to actually have the choice about grad school or work! Congrats on graduating too, yay! :2beers:

Asha
05-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Yee ha Jesae!!

I've been going through the exact same thing! After working bar jobs, night security, evil shit factory work ect ect, I've finally landed a NORMAL job job. I work in an office environment for the first time in my life. I can't believe I can walk home in the sunshine, have weekends off, bank holidays off, PAID HOLIDAY, sick leave.
I love how I can wake in the morning, work out, have time to eat breakfast. Sit at the cathedral steps with my coffee and bagel. Run into friends ect.
I'm babbling but really, since I got a boring , normal job. . My life has been better than ever.

Warriorbird
05-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Can't wait till I have one again. They're very underrated.

Sean of the Thread
05-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Being a grown up starts to suck more and more... Personally I want to go back and be a career student. Get more degrees... for a living.

But Congrats big time.

HarmNone
05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Congrats, Jesae! :clap:

Tsa`ah
05-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
where I work NO weekends

Never, and I mean NEVER, buy that line.

[Edited on 5-8-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Parker
05-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Congratulations Jesae!

Sorry to say, I don't really know you, but you sound quite a bit like me.

I too will be graduating...only 15 days of school left!

HIZZAH!

I'm going to be heading to college though.

Playing football for UMass, that's going to be Kickin'!

Atlanteax
05-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

where I work NO weekends

Never, and I mean NEVER, buy that line.

[Edited on 5-8-2005 by Tsa`ah]

Especially if you're salary...

Back
05-09-2005, 12:21 AM
Salary can blow me. And it better considering the effort I put into it. Anyway... J, :clap:

Not having actually achieved such educated stature myself, I am of the opinion it is a worthy accomplishment regardless. Bravo.

[Edited on 5-9-2005 by Backlash]

Shari
05-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Its an entry-level job. I'm not salary. If they do start requiring me working weekends I'll be amending my resume.

Wezas
05-09-2005, 01:57 AM
Its an entry-level job. I'm not salary. If they do start requiring me working weekends I'll be amending my resume.

hourly + working weekends = overtime pay

05-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Xyelin
Being a grown up starts to suck more and more... Personally I want to go back and be a career student. Get more degrees... for a living.

But Congrats big time.

No shit. I'm looking forward to going to school.

15 hours a week and even thats not mandatory? OMFG whatever shall I do.

Seriously though, congrats.

Edaarin
05-09-2005, 07:04 AM
15 hours is for slackers.

I am not looking forward to working...although it will be nice to have some extra cash lying around.

Caiylania
05-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Congrats on everything! it's always good when one is looking forward to new things!

05-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
15 hours is for slackers.

I am not looking forward to working...although it will be nice to have some extra cash lying around.

Heh, I'm looking at my color coded degree plan and the most I'll ever take a semester is 17 credits, which is overseas all the rest are below 15. I'd have no problem going over but the upper tier classes are only offered at specific terms.

Tsa`ah
05-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Stripping + website = more money ... less work.

Wezas
05-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

Originally posted by Wezas

Stripping + website = more money ... less work.

Agreed.

-future lifetime member

Jadewolff
05-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Congrats!

I graduated about 5 years ago and I was so happy to get out of school! The only thing I miss about my college years is the flexibility in time. The stress of exams, the discipline of homework, the retardedness of being poor...don't miss any of those things!

Showal
05-09-2005, 12:06 PM
<<Never, and I mean NEVER, buy that line.>>

Haha I bought that line! Less than 2 months into my job, I was scheduled for 1 or 2 weekends a month.

Sylph
05-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Im jealous... im heading back to school :|

xtc
05-09-2005, 04:31 PM

I know this sounds so very, very ridiculous, and many people may pity me for falling into the corporate world, BUT, this is a huge change.

Jesae, you don't know the power of the dark side.

Souzy
05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Congrats!