PDA

View Full Version : People whining about pickpockets in DR?

C.Difficile
08-14-2022, 07:13 PM
Wtf is this shit? People whined about pickpocketing in DR and the GMs just caved? It's called BLOODRIVEN VILLAGE and people want it to be a Disney ride? Who knew we played the game with such a bunch of fragile losers...why was this fine the past 30 years and suddenly it's unbearable???

While we're on that, can we solve the whole "dying in the arena" thing? i really don't like losing my entry if i die. and apparently we can just ask to turn things off we don't like sooooo

Tgo01
08-14-2022, 07:20 PM
While we're on that, can we solve the whole "dying in the arena" thing?

They practically did didn't they? You automatically get raised by an NPC almost immediately and all of your wounds are cured upon leaving the arena, and oh yeah you don't even lose spells when dying in arena.

Also you might have missed the news, but they are removing pickpocketing altogether soon. My bad, they are introducing a flag to turn off being stolen from.

C.Difficile
08-14-2022, 07:24 PM
Oh ok so they're removing stuff that makes GS interesting and unique, thats kept people coming back for 30 years and making text World of Warcraft instead.

C.Difficile
08-14-2022, 07:25 PM
They practically did didn't they? You automatically get raised by an NPC almost immediately and all of your wounds are cured upon leaving the arena, and oh yeah you don't even lose spells when dying in arena.

I was talking more about losing my $1. I don't like that, so turn it off plz, thanks and adulate me for asking!

Orthin
08-14-2022, 07:26 PM
You will lose spells if you don’t have deeds unless they changed it. Previously it would take a deed in exchange for keeping spells. You can also surrender prior to dying if not stunned but it will only give I think 100 BS

Viekn
08-14-2022, 07:29 PM
If only there was some way to avoid getting frustrated from a game we choose to play.

Taernath
08-14-2022, 07:31 PM
Imagine actually participating in DR.

C.Difficile
08-14-2022, 07:32 PM
If only there was some way to avoid getting frustrated from a game we choose to play.

AMen to that. Instead of becoming frustrated and trying to change every part of the game to suit their incompetence, these idiots should just you know, like close their containers. DUH.

Tgo01
08-14-2022, 07:36 PM
You will lose spells if you don’t have deeds unless they changed it. Previously it would take a deed in exchange for keeping spells. You can also surrender prior to dying if not stunned but it will only give I think 100 BS

I didn’t know about the deed thing. Interesting.

HouseofElves
08-14-2022, 08:08 PM
Some of these people lost a blue crystal in 2013 and never got over it.

Parkbandit
08-14-2022, 08:50 PM
Imagine actually participating in DR.

Imagine still playing a 30 year old text based "roleplaying" game.

ETA: Needed quotes, since there is very little actual roleplaying going on. It's more about rollplaying.

Orthin
08-14-2022, 09:11 PM
I didn’t know about the deed thing. Interesting.

Yeah it let me know I ran out of deeds when I first started going after it when Arena was more complicated and my lowbie would die, then one time I was raised without spells and was like WTH and noticed I had burned through like 12 deeds. And yes I was that bad then

Teveriel
08-14-2022, 11:37 PM
Some of these people lost a blue crystal in 2013 and never got over it.

"My play style relies on blue crystals. How dare you! Pickpocketing is IRL thievery!"

Archigeek
08-15-2022, 12:20 AM
The worst thing about adding a "no stealing plz!" flag is that no one is going to be one of the last five people you can steal from. All thieves would know who hasn't opted for the flag, therefore everyone will opt for the flag. It's lame, and basically kills pick pocketing completely.

Mobius1
08-15-2022, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I figure most that don't flag will either be looking for a fight, or are well trained in pickpocketing.

Even people that claim they won't flag, will likely flag on all their alts, and it's people being lazy with their alts that even gives you any decent targets at all anymore.