PDA

View Full Version : Pacers appriciation

Keller
05-08-2005, 03:22 AM
To the men in gold n blue, we salute you.

To the boys blue and red, you're fucking dead.

Itachi
05-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Ya too bad Miller is retiring, would have liked to see him get a ring.

Drew
05-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Spelling appreciation post too!

Just kidding.

Well, Indiana and Detroit will probably be a hard-fought series to see who has the honour of losing to Miami.

Hulkein
05-08-2005, 03:57 AM
Pacers are going to lose to the Pistons in 5 or 6 games.

Then the Pistons will beat Miami.

[Edited on 5-8-2005 by Hulkein]

Itachi
05-08-2005, 04:00 AM
i think you need to edit that one more time

Drew
05-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Hulkein
Pacers are going to lose to the Pistons in 5 or 6 games.

Then the Pistons will beat Miami.

[Edited on 5-8-2005 by Hulkein]

Well, this is the bandwagon theme right now. I just don't think so. There is a good chance Miami will come into the winner of the Pistons/Pacers series having not lost a playoff game and being very rested while the Piston or Pacers are much more likely to be tired because that series will be much harder fought.

Anyway, Ben Wallace/Rasheed are both good, but they are no Shaq/Udonis, and the backcourt has no comparison.

Itachi
05-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Heat > Pistons

[Edited on 5-8-2005 by Itachi]

Bobmuhthol
05-08-2005, 09:27 AM
Fuck you.

Fuck the Pacers.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED, CELTICS?!

AnticorRifling
05-08-2005, 11:31 AM
I think my buddy got us tickets for the next series w00t.

Hulkein
05-08-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Itachi
i think you need to edit that one more time

I only edited to add the 'then beat Miami.'

But fine, here's another edit, then they'll beat whoever comes from the West to repeat.

Miami (much like the state of Florida) is overrated.

longshot
05-08-2005, 01:32 PM
I don't see how you could pick the Pacers, or the Heat to beat Detroit.

Shaq and Wade... Shaq and Kobe... it really doesn't matter.

Pistons will repeat. Larry will retire. You'll have a chance next year.

Keller
05-08-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by longshot
I don't see how you could pick the Pacers, or the Heat to beat Detroit.

Shaq and Wade... Shaq and Kobe... it really doesn't matter.

Pistons will repeat. Larry will retire. You'll have a chance next year.

The Pistons will beat the Heat in 5 games. The Heat will be the Pacers in 4 games. The Heat will beat the Wizards in 5, maybe 4.

The Wallace's match up too well with Shaq. The only reason I give the Pacers a shot is that Big Ben isn't the best high post defender and that's where Jermaine thrives. Ben will take Shaq out of the game (as much as you can do that, of course) because Shaq only has the low-post game.

The West doesn't matter anymore -- they're on a downslide.

Skirmisher
05-08-2005, 10:34 PM
I like the Pacers solely because I admire Reggie Miller.

They will however lose.
My picks:

East:
Detroit over Indiana in a decent series maybe 6 games.
Miami will crush Washington in 4 or 5.

Miami over Detroit in 6.

West:
San Antonio wins in 5 or 6.
Phoenix over Dallas in 6.

Phoenix over San Antonio in 6 or 7.

Finals: Miami over Phoenix in 7.

Apotheosis
05-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Pistons will beat the pacers, but it's going to be close..

vs. the Heat, pistons = teh win

Atlanteax
05-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Pistons in 5 over Pacers, Heat in 4 or 5 against the Wizards.

Pistons in 6 over Heat.

Itachi
05-08-2005, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Fuck you.

Fuck the Pacers.

Ya Pierce is smooth, people get jealous and stab him :(

longshot
05-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Darko Milicic: 3 minutes, 1 personal foul.

All you really need to know.

Atlanteax
05-09-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by longshot
Darko Milicic: 3 minutes, 1 personal foul.

All you really need to know.

:lol:

Nevermind how Ben Wallace seemingly scored at will against the Pacers.

Now that is a telling sign...

It'd been a bigger blowout if he made 75% of his free-throws instead of 50%

Doyle Hargraves
05-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Fuck you.

Fuck the Pacers.

Larry Bird started having back problems and everything went straight downhill from there.

I miss the old Lakers vs. Celtics days. I lost interest in basketball once the Celtics turned to shit :(

To stay on topic, here's my prediction on the Pacers/Pistons:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/images/upload/Doyle%20Hargraves/1084.gif

[Edited on 5-10-2005 by Doyle Hargraves]

[Edited on 5-10-2005 by Doyle Hargraves]

05-10-2005, 07:00 AM
That KFC bucket is so wrong.

Doyle Hargraves
05-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Would you prefer Popeye's?

Skirmisher
05-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Popeye's rules.

And Indiana needs to figure out that Jermaine is soft and nowhere near the competitor that Reggie has been for years.

Parkbandit
05-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Shaq is PISSED he didn't get the MVP title. I feel sorry for any team that goes up against the Heat from now until they win the title.

SHAQ ATTACK!

Parkbandit
05-10-2005, 03:44 PM
And by the way.. Reggie sucks.

That is all-

Zanagodly
05-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Pistons will come out of the east. Larry Brown will approach Shaq like he did in the finals last year. Pistons have enough big men to play him physical and accrue fouls hacking him. Pistons are a very good half court defensive team and although its impossible to control Shaq you can limit his effectiveness. Whoever said the backcourt is no comparison and it favors Miami, I disagree. Pistons have best backcourt in the NBA with Billups and Rip. Sure Wade is better than both but I think there is only one Dwayne Wade on Miami.

Atlanteax
05-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Zanagodly
Pistons will come out of the east. Larry Brown will approach Shaq like he did in the finals last year. Pistons have enough big men to play him physical and accrue fouls hacking him. Pistons are a very good half court defensive team and although its impossible to control Shaq you can limit his effectiveness. Whoever said the backcourt is no comparison and it favors Miami, I disagree. Pistons have best backcourt in the NBA with Billups and Rip. Sure Wade is better than both but I think there is only one Dwayne Wade on Miami.

This is true when you factor in that Billips and Hamilton are able to play better defense, knowing that they have the Wallaces (and Prince) behind them (they know where to funnel the offensive players to).

longshot
05-17-2005, 10:42 PM
So, I went to the game tonight.

It was fantastic!

The Pistons are so far ahead of Indiana it's rediculous. Just levels ahead.

I'm so happy that we didn't have to play the Celitcs, and instead got to demolish the band of thugs known as "Pacers".

Thank god Joe Dumars had the balls to get rid of Rick 'Mr. Personality' Carlisle for the clearly superior Larry Brown.

Carlos Arroyo and McDyess were solid for the Pistons. I know Indiana has the better bench...

Highlight of the evening was definitely watching Rasheed Wallace lead a "We want Darko" chant from the bench.

Say goodbye Reggie. 5 all star games and no championships... that's a superstar?

Try streaky shooter with poor defense who happened to get hot in the playoffs 8 years ago...

Maybe next year the Pacers can do it... if Ron Artest doesn't kill and eat someone's grandmother, or Stephen Jackson doesn't shoot someone at a liqour store...

Too many iffs for me. I'm glad I can root for the Pistions.

Skirmisher
05-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Detriot is just a better team, but don't bash Reggie.

Blame Jermaine and anyone who was counting on him to lead this team. He is a supporting player at best. Folds when someone plays tough defense on him.

And I wish Detroit all the luck, but they are going to be roughed up by Miami.

longshot
05-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
... but don't bash Reggie.

After rereading my post, I guess I was a bit harsh on him.

I really like Reggie.

The guy had a great career, and he was a class act, but I've never really seen him as a "Superstar"... even in his prime.

He really deserves a better sendoff.

Drew
05-18-2005, 02:06 AM
I'm just biding my time and keeping this thread in mind so that when Miami steamrolls the Pistons or the Pacers I can come back and gloat. Especially over Longshot, I kind of hope the Pistons beat the Pacers so Miami can beat them.

[Edited on 5-18-2005 by Drew]

Hulkein
05-18-2005, 02:10 AM
If a younger healthier Shaq and Kobe couldn't beat the Pistons I don't see why you're so confident in a steamrolling with an older and injured Shaq and Wade (who is awesome, and I like more than Kobe, but not as good... yet).

Keller
05-18-2005, 03:24 AM
I will miss Reggie.

I know those of you who watched him flail and fake his way to the line despise him. He played with a slew of different line-ups and only a handful of all-stars. Yet he has led the Pacers to the playoffs in all but what, 3 years? His body and play style don't allow him to be a superstar in the mold of Michael, Magic, or Malone.

However he has been the ultimate team player and a clutch shooter (with the exception of this series). I can't imagine he will ever be replaced in the hearts of millions who rooted for the Pacers over the last 15 years. He is the Indiana Pacers. Period.

Keller
05-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Drew
I'm just biding my time and keeping this thread in mind so that when Miami steamrolls the Pistons or the Pacers I can come back and gloat. Especially over Longshot, I kind of hope the Pistons beat the Pacers so Miami can beat them.

You can gloat over me too. Detroit will own the Heat.

Shaq will be controlled (not stopped) by Ben.

Haslem doesn't have a shot against Sheed.

Wade wont be able to take advantage of wide open passing lanes against a long-armed pressure defense.

Wade will have to play 40+ minutes a game and average 30 points in the series to give the Heat a shot at winning the series.

I predict he will average 20, 6, and 6.

Shaq will average 15 and 8.

And Detroit will roll in 5.

If Payton, Malone, Shaq, Kobe, and the good bench can't take Detroit -- how do you expect Miami to beat an even better team this year?

But serious -- shove it in my face when I'm wrong.

Skirmisher
05-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Well Miami isn't 'my' team as much as just who I see as the best out there at the moment.

I think Detroit is not better than last year while I think this seasons Miami Heat is far superior to last seasons Lakers.

I'm so looking forward to the next round.

Bring it on already!
:bouncy:

Keller
05-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Well Miami isn't 'my' team as much as just who I see as the best out there at the moment.

I think Detroit is not better than last year while I think this seasons Miami Heat is far superior to last seasons Lakers.

I'm so looking forward to the next round.

Bring it on already!
:bouncy:

This years Pistons are up in nearly every single statistical category this year except points against. But they are holding teams to 6 points less per game in the playoffs than they did in the regular season. They have added McDyss and Arroyo. Prince has only gotten better and Ben's offensive game has improved.

Meanwhile the Lakers and Heat are pretty even with the Heat playing better half-court D. Shaq is a dominant player I just feel that Ben Wallace had his number last year -- why wont he this year too? Ben is getting better; Shaq is only getting worse.

Drew
05-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Detroit (or anyone else really) can't stop Dwayne Wade. The Heat has a much deeper bench. The Heat has people who can actually score in the half-court, Detroit has a weak half-court offense. Just a few reasons.

Hulkein
05-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Dwayne Wade isn't MJ.

He can be stopped.

longshot
05-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Detroit (or anyone else really) can't stop Dwayne Wade. The Heat has a much deeper bench. The Heat has people who can actually score in the half-court, Detroit has a weak half-court offense. Just a few reasons.

Dwayne Wade might be the best player in the series, but this doesn't mean that the Heat have a prayer.

Any one of the starting five Pistons would be an all star if the team was split up. They don't have to put up gaudy stats because they have bought into team basketball.

You think Chauncy couldn't drop 35 a night on a shitty team? He's second team all NBA for defense as well.

Rip Hamilton could easily shoot the ball as much as Iverson. He's an allstar on another team where he is the go to guy.

Tayshun's offensive game has improved dramatically, and he's easily one of the top defenders in all of basketball.

Rasheed might be the only questionable "all star" at his age... but he can still put the ball on the floor and bang when he has to on offense.

Ben Wallace can now score twenty points a game. Look at his numbers from last year! It was a big deal if he had 8 points...

Dwayne Wade is better than any of them. Fine.

But big deal! He has to face all five of the Pistons. No other starting five has played more minutes together than the Pistons, and no team is better coached.

People bitch that the bench is weak... whatever. You think that McDyess is worse than Memut Okur or Scoreless Williamson? I miss Mike James... but I can live without him.

I predict Darko getting serious minutes...

Syberus
05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
I'd just like to point to the last game Miami and Detroit played. Shaq was out yes...but what did Wade have? Like 6 points, a techincal foul, and he fouled out. He can be stopped.

Keller
05-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Dwayne Wade will not have his passing lanes. He will not be able to penetrate easily against this team. In short -- he has to be creative against a VERY good defense. I predict he averages 20 points.

I see him having similar problems against the Pacers -- but Shaq will have his way down low and the Heat will beat the Pacers.

Atlanteax
05-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Well, we're convinced Pistons will win the series against the Pacers.

The question is if the Pistons will do the deed in game 6, or Pacers will find a way to survive and the Pistons ultimately win 7 at home.

Syberus
05-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I think they're done.

Drew
05-19-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Syberus
I'd just like to point to the last game Miami and Detroit played. Shaq was out yes...but what did Wade have? Like 6 points, a techincal foul, and he fouled out. He can be stopped.

The Heat weren't playing for anything, they had already locked up the conference and were just killing time before the playoffs.

Originally posted by Hulkein
Dwayne Wade isn't MJ.

He can be stopped.

Have you seen the man this playoff? I won't claim he's MJ, but if he's not, he's pretty damn close. Larry Hughes was on the NBA first team all defense this year, and looked totally helpless. IMO Tayshaun is a better defender than Hughes, but, I'm not sure he can contain Wade.

Originally posted by Longshot
Ben Wallace can now score twenty points a game. Look at his numbers from last year! It was a big deal if he had 8 points... Ben Wallace can now score twenty points a game. Look at his numbers from last year! It was a big deal if he had 8 points...

He still only averaged 9.1 ppg anyhow. Sure he can score, 20 sometimes (pretty rare though) but would you trade Shaq for him?

For that matter, who in Detroit's starting rotation would you take over the Heat's?

Center is no argument, Shaq is better
PF: Best argument here, Sheed is a vet who can sink a three, Haslem is unproven, but probably the most underated player in the playoffs. Sheed scores more than Haslem, Haslem pulls more boards. I'd take Sheed.

Forward: Proven veteran Eddie Jones who has averaged over 20 per for many years and is a top-notch defender, plus clutch, VS Tayshaun who is a better defender but bricks it when it's on the line. I'd take Jones

Shooting guard: Dwanye Wade. No comparison here, take Wade.

PG: Damon Jones, wicked three pointer, willing defensively, but otherwise just a regular point guard. Billups can score more, good eye for passes. Billups would be my pick.

Bench: Heat's is patently better.

Anyway, I'll be anxious for this thing to start so we can stop arguing and start watching.

Skirmisher
05-19-2005, 11:26 PM
R. Miller

Min:33--------- FG:11-16
3Pt: 4-8------- FT: 1-1
Off: 0----------Reb: 2
Ast: 2 ---------TO: 2
Stl: 0------------Blk: 0
PF: 3-------------Pts: 27

Pretty darned respectable numbers to end your career with.

Kudos to Reggie for showing the rest on the Pacers what is needed effortwise if they want to win, and Kudos to Detroit for moving on to the next round.

Keller
05-20-2005, 07:21 AM

PF: Best argument here, Sheed is a vet who can sink a three, Haslem is unproven, but probably the most underated player in the playoffs. Sheed scores more than Haslem, Haslem pulls more boards. I'd take Sheed.

I actually had to look at your location to make sure you're just rooting for the home team. And not just a retard.

It'll be interesting to see how far his production drops when the Pistons don't put two bodies on Shaq because Ben is enough.

Drew
06-06-2005, 11:08 PM
I'll be the first to point out I was wrong. I'll leave it up to the rest of you to debate if the Heat's starting 5 injuries had anything to do with it.

Personally I'm going to throw up.

Hulkein
06-06-2005, 11:10 PM
It definitely factored into it.

No reason to throw up, you have Dwayne Wade for a long time (and he's amazing), plus Shaq will be formidable for another year or two.

Edaarin
06-06-2005, 11:13 PM
The days of 30-15 for Shaq are loooooooooooooong gone.

I'm thinking Shaq will end his career something like Bill Walton did. Hobbled, a shadow of his former self, but still able to put up maybe 15-7 and make a difference.

longshot
06-06-2005, 11:15 PM
This feels so good.

Is there an afterglow smiley?

Keller
06-06-2005, 11:30 PM

Bump