PDA

View Full Version : Alteration Scrolls

Fallen
05-06-2005, 07:39 PM
My request for an alteration is now over two weeks old. I understand this process can take a while, but that still doesn't stop me from being an impatient bastard.

My question to all of you is, What is the longest you have had to wait for a response to your Premium alteration scroll?

StrayRogue
05-06-2005, 07:39 PM
I'm still waiting for my spell prep. I got that during the Spitfire...

Fallen
05-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Eh, that is a special case, StrayRogue, as mitigating factors (QC Process comes to mind) are involved.

I was refering to general item alterations.

Gan
05-06-2005, 07:45 PM
longest wait was a little over a month for a premium alter for me. I'm about a week or so into my current one... all in all I expect the whole process to take a few months becauase I doubt my initial request will be honored without some negotiation.

Fallen
05-06-2005, 07:48 PM
I am working under the assumption that the Wavedancer is the reason my request is taking so long to be dealt with.

Gan
05-06-2005, 07:58 PM
most likely

on all of my premium alters there only has been one GM that has been responsible (Tigermist)... I dont know if she's still doing it, but if they indeed only have 1 working that project then I'd bet it will wait until after the voyage is complete.

Fallen
05-06-2005, 08:06 PM
The armor I have is simply hideous. I cannot imagine wearing it without it being fitted to Evarin first. I do hope the request is addressed before the third and final run of the 'Dancer.

Jolena
05-06-2005, 08:46 PM
The one and only time I've used a premium alteration scroll, I got it back the very same day. In fact, it was within about 3 hours of submitting the design. I never spoke to or saw the GM directly so I'm not sure who I dealt with.

ElanthianSiren
05-07-2005, 02:24 PM
I think TM retired from the premium projects. I kind of miss the contests; she was a very energetic individual.

-Melissa

DCSL
05-07-2005, 10:50 PM
It's never taken more than a week for me, but then, I've never submitted an idea over a major event. That would be the most logical explanation for the wait to me.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
05-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by DCSL
It's never taken more than a week for me, but then, I've never submitted an idea over a major event. That would be the most logical explanation for the wait to me.

Not that I disagree with your logic, but let us play devils advocate a moment.

Do they stop taking money during major events?

Skirmisher
05-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

I've heard this to be true, yes.

DCSL
05-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Not that I disagree with your logic, but let us play devils advocate a moment.

Heh! No, but I'll bet that their logic is that the alteration scrolls will get done eventually (and that they never promised more than that) while the more immediate work of a limited time event will get done first.

Fallen
05-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Well, I suppose one should consider if the situation was reversed. You are sitting on the Wavedancer and there are very few merchants because they are working to complete Premium scroll requests. Remember there are more than one kind now.

...Still... I want my F'ing armor.

Nieninque
05-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Scroll: 24 hours
Spell Prep Phrase: 1 week

Amaron
05-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Once I figured out what I wanted for my spell prep I mailed Andraste...

She pulled me up in her turret the next night.
We fine tuned it together for an hour or so.
She told me to try it for a week to make sure I really liked it.
She contacted me when the week was up and we made it permenant.

Was very easy. The hold up was me not being able to decide what i wanted.

J

Czeska
05-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Had a premie alter scroll take about 3 and a half weeks right before the 1st Wavedancer run, and we were told by a GM that the cruise was, in fact, the reason for the delay.

Amaron
05-09-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Czeska
Had a premie alter scroll take about 3 and a half weeks right before the 1st Wavedancer run, and we were told by a GM that the cruise was, in fact, the reason for the delay.

Which is wrong to me since we have been told over and over that pay events would not affect service to the rest of the game... even though it is obvious it does.

J