PDA

View Full Version : Justice System

AnticorRifling
05-04-2005, 10:40 AM
It's rare that I post in complaints but here is a crosspost I had on the officials:

Since when did 501 (sleep) become assault with a deadly weapon?

I encounter this idiot in the landing, who decides he wants to do nothing but run his suck. Now of course he isn't going to leave town because that would involve having a spine so he sits there and slings insult after mindless insult. I get tired of hearing it and sleep him. He crawls off like a worm and boom I'm in jail with assault with a deadly weapon as the charge. Not it's not like I tried to boil the moron, I wanted to, I just shut his yapper. Why then am I being the one that's suffering the jail time and fine? Not to mention this idiot actually attacks me and when I accuse I get the Night Watchman telling me to sod off. And I can't just follow him outside of town and push his teeth through his colon because then you know idiots like that aren't going to buck up and take responsibilty they are going to report.

It's pretty freaking frustrating to play money for a roleplaying game only to find that the only 3 roleplaying verbs you can use in town are WARN, IGNORE, and REPORT. This is supposed to be a game of adventure, midevil(sp) themed with knights, theives, duels, death, etc. and I'm left to a verbal sparring match with someone that;

a) can't take the hint he's in over his head
b) runs to his constable mommy at every chance
c) Knows I can't do anything but swallow my pride and walk away lest I pay a fine or do time (which is also money given the fact I don't take lightly paying Simu 15 bucks a month to twiddle my thumbs, play freecell or the suggested spider solitare while I get to answer some really hard questions about what day of the year it is.)

And before you sit there and say you bring it upon yourself think about this. You're playing a noble, at least I am, and in so doing are you going to sit there and tell me that you would let some slug of a being talk unspeakable falsehoods about your clan, history, family, person, etc? I don't think you are, I could be wrong, but I doupt it. Bring back the time when you where actually held accountable for the filth that comes out of your mouth. This is GemStone a place where people carry swords. This isn't HippyStone where you can say whatever you want about whoever you want and know that your flower of liberal soothing will make it so that no harm befalls you.

Now that all of that is off of my chest.... Could we address the issue of 501 (sleep) being assault with a deadly weapon? It's not a spell that can do any damage, at all. Granted if I were to sit there and script cast it on the moron for hours on end I could see a mechanics abuse issue but as it is now it's just thump with a mana cost, thump you can use on those characters that didn't "get it" after listening to the Thrak and moving past rats. If this is the case and it is assault with or without a deadly weapon then I'm left with no recourse but to sit there and let idiots speak ill of anything I hold dear and that's far from tolerable.

All I want is a land of danger, death, excitement and people taking responsibilty for their actions. I'm pretty sure unless you don't set your age (so it's at 0) the min age is 20. 20 is old enough for a character to know when to flap his gums and when to say sorry. Even a child learns that fire hurts by touching it once unfortunatly it looks like now the children are protected by the all mighty fire extinguisher that is the overpowered constable.

The whole point of this book can be summed up in the few lines that follow;

Can we please address 501 being assault with a deadly weapon. I'm not asking for you to untie my hands, all I need is a finger.

S/F
Anticor Rifling (Who knows he's not going to get the hour or so wasted in jail back but the silvers wouldn't hurt)

-----------------------------

I did find the fucker out of town hunting as someone was nice enough to give me the heads up. I blasted the ever living shit out of him because I didn't want him slamming the first chance he got. He did leave the game after he was dead because I sat there and convinced the foggers that showed up that I was taking care of him.

I set a ring and when about my business. He logged in, I ringed in and just laughed at him until he departed.

StrayRogue
05-04-2005, 10:43 AM
HAHAHA what was his name? And are you sure the assault charge wasn't from a previous time?

AnticorRifling
05-04-2005, 10:46 AM
You gesture at Suavementasious.
CS: +332 - TD: +134 + CvA: -9 + d100: +88 - -5 == +282
Warding failed!
You blast Suavementasious for 47 points of damage.
... 70 points of damage!
Abdomen erupts, blood and bile splatter everything!

* Suavementasious drops dead at your feet!

The bright luminescence fades from around Suavementasious.
The light blue glow leaves Suavementasious.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around Suavementasious.
The deep blue glow leaves Suavementasious.
Suavementasious becomes solid again.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Suavementasious suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
Suavementasious seems a bit less imposing.
The powerful look leaves Suavementasious.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Suavementasious.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Only 2 spells I cast on him in town where tonis (non bolt) which I can accept landing in jail for I guess.. And spell. Anytime I cast I ended up in the clink.

I'm just going to feint lock the little shit. It's not like it's guild skills abuse I'm a wizard. But I've warned him that everytime he leaves the gates he's going to paint the ground crimson. He proceeded to call me a nutless witch loving swine so I'm guessing he's cool with that.

When I got talked to I also let it be known that he's an MA'ing fuck and he brought is "brother" Michaelous in to try something. Michaelous also got his ass handed to him and went to the constable.

AnticorRifling
05-04-2005, 10:49 AM
That post is under Towns>Town Systems> Post number 1943 if you care.

Gan
05-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I agree with everything you've mentioned thus far Anticor. I do think sleep has been abused by some of the moronic people with the spell at their disposal. I just dont know if I agree with how the GM's have balanced out the consequences of using it.

[Edited on 5-4-2005 by Ganalon]

StrayRogue
05-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I was gonna say that the douche was Mich. Nice to see you raped his ass.

Gan
05-04-2005, 10:57 AM
<When I got talked to I also let it be known that he's an MA'ing fuck and he brought is "brother" Michaelous in to try something. Michaelous also got his ass handed to him and went to the constable. >

That used to be or still is part of the Larstone, Solescape clan. I remember killing Solescape and having both Larstone and Michaelous come in to try for retribution and only wind up slamming before they were killed.

StrayRogue
05-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Larstone WAS Solescape. I don't think Mich ever was. As he would have been banned along with Solescape et al, when the GMs did an account check.

Kitsun
05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
ROFL

That is really, totally hilarious. Its nice to know that maybe there aren't that many asses out there. Just asses with multiple accounts. I thought that Mich fucker managed to get himself banned?

Anticor, you couldn't report him to the constable probably because of your just-being-arrested. They take recent history into account when doing that successful report check.

Kainen
05-04-2005, 11:07 AM
This part of the justice system is absolute bullshit. Web, mind jolt.. literally ANY spell thats not defence can be considered a "deadly weapon" and bitches like Michealous will use it to get you in trouble after you kick their ass. I had a similar problem with a lil bitch in Vaalor by the name of dragontat who was stealing from people, picking on smaller chars and after I killed him a few times because he TRIED to ambush my sorcerer and missed, he was accusing me of assault with a deadly weapon. Sentences and fines were already lowered.. now this bullshit. Why does it seem like they have slanted the justice system to favor whining pussy ass bitches?

Myitkyina
05-04-2005, 11:33 AM
My IG husband got arrested for sleeping someone in the park over the weekend. He was casting massies when someone tried to steal from our daughter--the thief was so lame that even she saw him. Khal had no idea he could get arrested for sleeping someone, but we saw the little snert sneak off and sneak back in, so we're pretty sure he was accused.

The stupid thing is, it didn't hurt him at all to be slept... and Khal would probably have let it go at that. It takes more than attempted theft to get him really angry. But after he had to pay a 40k fine and deal with putting all his stuff back on, we were all pretty angry, so we all accused him of petty theft. First time I've ever used accuse.

I agree the spell shouldn't be abused, but it shouldn't be a crime either. It's about as deadly as calming someone, and not as bad as binding or webbing them, unless you follow it up with a real assault. I really hope that we were right that he had to accuse us for it to be a crime (although I still don't think it should be). Back home in Illistim, he casts the spell on me all the time--it's just part of our RP as an old married couple, and I'd hate to think I'm going to have to start unaccusing him everytime.

Gan
05-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Well, since folks are going to be charged with fines and jail time for attempting to resolve a situation without outright killing... then why waste time and just light the bastard up. A fine is a fine, whether its for casting sleep or implosion.

Well, technically the fines could be heavier for murder and endangering public saftey but thats just semantics in my book. Especially if you WARN CONFLICT and let the snert know whats coming if he/she keeps it up.

StrayRogue
05-04-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd just wait til they go hunting personally.

Sean of the Thread
05-04-2005, 12:58 PM
I just got jailed and fined for putting a cursed item on the bench last month. Does anyone know the complete changes to the justice system that I've obviously missed. It is the damn law it should be written somewhere.

Thanks for the MA mich update. I can't stand that douche. He accounts for at least 5 of my murders in Illistim.

You gesture at Michaelous.

A passing elf lopes off exclaiming, "Xyelin has committed endangering public safety!"

A void rips open in the area, directly above Michaelous!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Michaelous to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
* Michaelous drops dead at your feet!

The bright luminescence fades from around Michaelous.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Michaelous.
A chestnut ferret is not affected by the vacuum of the void.
A fox gasps for air and is stunned!

Someone exclaims, "Murder by Xyelin! Call the Guard Captain!"

Kainen
05-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Another curiousity.. as Michaelous/Suave is BLATENTLY MAing when (Suave gets his ass kicked, he brings on Michaelous and attacks the person who killed Suave) why haven't the GMs done anything about this? I wanna know who he's sucking off to get away with such obvious BS.

Sean of the Thread
05-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Kainen
Another curiousity.. as Michaelous/Suave is BLATENTLY MAing when (Suave gets his ass kicked, he brings on Michaelous and attacks the person who killed Suave) why haven't the GMs done anything about this? I wanna know who he's sucking off to get away with such obvious BS.

It is my opinion that the GM's have Mich on their shit list.

StrayRogue
05-04-2005, 04:02 PM
Probably because no one reports it.

Hulkein
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Probably because it's two paying accounts and that's their bottom line.

ElanthianSiren
05-04-2005, 04:34 PM
GS justice system needs an overhaul imo. I miss the times when if you were stupid, players would just take you out. Now, it has become a multi-accounting contest/see who knows more loopholes to avoid HMC contest.

-Melissa

Bobmuhthol
05-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Oh no now wizards can't stop people without going to jail!

Wait, isn't that what's happened to warriors FOREVER?

ElanthianSiren
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Kainen

Kainen, I had a problem with 3 accounts by 1 person. He used 1 account to steal from my wizard as I was trying to make a wehnimers universal movement script. After I saw him, he played hide and sneak with that account, stalking me etc.

I 410'd and 910'd his ass finally. Dead.

He then brought in his wizard to 920 and familiar gate him around. After that, he brought in his cleric to harass me and harass some newb I was nice enough to spell up while in the low level areas (cuz I think he thought I was that person).

These are people who simply haven't learned that there is always someone stronger/higher level. I think the GMs are hoping they figure that out on their own, though that doesn't make it any less annoying for the rest of us.

-Melissa

Myitkyina
05-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Right, and I'm sure all the warriors would be so thrilled if the wizards stopped casting massies in the park because they have no way of dealing with those who try to steal from them.

Bobmuhthol
05-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Actually, I'd be pretty happy if casters stopped with their mass spells. Warriors aren't supposed to need them, and I certainly don't.

There goes your argument.

AnticorRifling
05-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Actually, I'd be pretty happy if casters stopped with their mass spells. Warriors aren't supposed to need them, and I certainly don't.

There goes your argument.

He's right on that one.

Myitkyina
05-04-2005, 06:04 PM
heh, it's fine with me... I've never been too fond of the park anyway.

AnticorRifling
05-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Wow the official boards crack me up. Since posting this I've been accused of always hiding and stealing from low lvl chars in the park....

Crackin me the hell up.

FinisWolf
05-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Myitkyina

Right, and I'm sure all the warriors would be so thrilled if the wizards stopped casting massies in the park because they have no way of dealing with those who try to steal from them.

Also, I think what Bob may have also been trying to say was, hell, let warriors tackle etc since thats their only (you can live) defense without outright killing them.

An FYI... Dragontat is in Mule now, thanks for the heads up on the thieveing bitch.

As far as 505 and 501, I use it with my wizard when and as needed to shut snerts up in Mule. To take that from us is BS. So I agree with (Ganolon I think, or whomever), fucking just kill them!

My wizard is played hugely as a Noble, and when I feel he has been disrespected, he deals with it on what I feel is an appropriate level that could be from sleep to death. The problem, with this also is, everyone and their fucking mom has to stick their fucking nose into your business. And when you state they why, they state its not a reason to slepp-death them.

I say there should be a PC showdown from Vaalor to Mule. One week in each spot, with all of us doing mass slaughter (for reason) and when they fucking cry like bitches and report, or accuse, then all of us do a MASS report to get the GM's there NOW.

How do you get a business' attention? Threaten their livelyhood. It's BS that you can not take care of bussiness as you should be able to. I do not create and build chars for them to be punks..., they are built to take shit out, that includes trash that talks shit.

Anticor, I will go to the officials, and support you in this. Guess we can only hope.

Ok, my 2 cent BS rant is now over.

Have a great day all!

Finis

Kainen
05-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Dragontat was in the Landing earlier today

Shari
05-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Hahaha, I had a feeling Suave was Michaelous. He has that same sexual harassment/innuendo shit going on.

Thanks for killing him.

Itachi
05-05-2005, 02:57 AM
Probably because it's two paying accounts and that's their bottom line

Word...