PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a reason to keep playing :p

Elanthil
05-26-2022, 10:59 PM
For the past month I have been trying to bring myself to continue playing my level 97 mage, but the game has become stagnant and repetative for me. The lack of attention to hunting grounds, the insistence on making hunting grounds for high levels a royal pain to do without dying repeatedly, and the lack of interaction from the playerbase, 90% of whom are running bigshot or some other script and rolling the dice as to whether they are going to get script checked or not, have made this game not much fun lately.

I have tried taking a step back and making a new character, but, again, without people interacting socially, there just isnt much fun in hunting the same old crap over and over again, hour after hour.

Anyone got suggestions on things I can try to interject some fun or even excitement back into my gameplay?

I know a number of you will take this opportunity to bash me, call me weak, accuse me of being insane, or useless, so fire away, I will just ignore you.

P.S. Most of the people I know have ceased playing recently or been banned for one reason or another, and that is another major contributing factor to my ennui.

Mobius1
05-26-2022, 11:25 PM
Where are you hanging out at?

Lavastene
05-26-2022, 11:28 PM
I'd also be curious where you have been hunting at.

Elanthil
05-27-2022, 12:02 AM
Ive been doing mostly OSA, but they are banning people for scripting interaction when they are AT THE KEYBOARD ACTIVELY MONITORING WHATS GOING ON, just because they CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.
I've also been doing the confluence and Old Ta Faendryl, and the planes, and its all just bullshit game mechanics designed to actively SCREW the player no matter how much effort they put into their training or build.

The game has become nothing but a bunch of numbers to me, and the only places to hang out where people actually interact with each other have NO hunting for people at near to post cap.

Mobius1
05-27-2022, 12:48 AM
Well, the 90's are the most difficult levels of the game. Once you cap you can start shoring up your weaknesses.

As for finding fun, I guess it's different for everyone. I personally enjoy my friendships as well as the roleplaying I do.

I assume TV has a pretty decent community these days. So does Landing/Icemule/Solhaven. OSA groups can be fun too, if that's your cup of tea.

kutter
05-27-2022, 01:55 AM
I can honestly say that if it were not for a small group of friends that I regularly hunt with, I would think really hard about taking a break, but they keep it interesting and we harass one another incessantly about everything on discord voice while we play. I would say try to spend some time building some new relationships and if it means starting a new character to do so, so what, I have one of everything and two wizards, I am not saying you should do that of course, it is ridiculous, but one or two more is not so bad an idea.

SonoftheNorth
05-27-2022, 02:39 AM
He's gonna quit cuz peggyanne got banned and he can't hunt without dying

Elanthil
05-27-2022, 06:38 AM
I hunt without dying just fine most of the time, I just hate hate HATE that all of the high end hunting areas are populated by bullshit monsters who are GODS compared to the player, and routinely one shot you, when YOU cannot do the same to THEM.

As for Peggy getting banned...I saw it coming a long time ago, its why I stopped doing OSA for the time being until things get sorted out with SIMU about whats allowable and whats not for at-the-keyboard script use.

Also, have I told you today you are a jackanape?
:bigsmile:

Lavastene
05-27-2022, 08:18 AM
Have you spent much, if any, time in Sanctum? There are definitely some annoyances but overall I don't find it to be a really cheap hunting ground.

As for OSA.... if you are at the keyboard and responding to things you shouldn't have any concerns about getting a scripting violation.

Viekn
05-27-2022, 09:04 AM
the lack of interaction from the playerbase, 90% of whom are running bigshot...

Anyone got suggestions on things I can try to interject some fun or even excitement back into my gameplay?

It may not be how you're used to playing, but I don't think interaction while you're out hunting is where you should be looking for it. When I'm out hunting, I'm burning through my Lumnis gift or maybe an RPA orb and I don't want to have dick to do with anyone while I'm hunting. I'm sure as hell running bigshot because it's a lot more efficient, but personally, I'm watching my screen in case something comes up.

But when I'm not focused on hunting, I'm either focused on merchanting, OR (here's where you come in), actively looking for socializing and RP fun and focusing on that, and only that, while I'm doing it. I went to the Beacon Hall Restday Fastbreaking brunch they have every Sunday in River's Rest, about a month ago. That was the MOST fun I've had in quite some time. They will run a game or two during the event, and it was a blast. <<Looking proudly at the Dock badge I won>>. Do you look for opportunities like that? Roll up a halfling and bring them to the Faendryl Rules of Engagement tonight and heckle them (respectfully and in character of course), or bring yourself if your someone who either likes or dislikes dark elves. What about the Midweek 'Mule Train in Icemule? I haven't done that one yet, but seems like fun. I think instead of just expecting there to be casual roleplaying wherever you're at, you should put effort to seek it out, because the opportunities are there.

drumpel
05-27-2022, 10:31 AM
I don't interact with many people in game, I usually don't have the time for it. A quick hello or answering of questions I try to do, but for the most part I keep to myself.

I find entertainment in thinking up different, off the wall builds and trying to make them work.

One that has worked out well, but took a bit of work to get and keep him at a survivable level is my redux mage. I haven't played him much lately (waiting to see if the fucktards ever release the next two levels of Ascensions to decide on how I want to continue things with this character), but he's level 61, has 15% redux (pre-enhancives), wears studded leathers, has limited spells (only knows up to 913 and 520). His DS is in the low 300s in offensive and his AS is 370+. He's pretty good at taking hits and keeps on going.

I've been playing a pure paladin lately, it's been entertaining. Uses a runestaff, TRIPs targets and bolts them.
I've got a two-handed weapon hurling warrior I play now and then. He also utilizes shield bash to setup enemies (I might try shield trample, see if that's better).
I've got a quarterstaff wielding warrior that hides and makes use of WAYLAY.
I've got a TWC paladin (haven't played for a while) and he's pretty entertaining at times. Use of 1604 to add flares to his enoake weapons.

That's what keeps me playing. But if the GMs keep pushing stupid nerfs to the game and if they decide to go with spell sever or divergence as a game why change, I'll stop playing.

beldar17
05-28-2022, 02:26 PM
We are getting to the point with the player base age that banning of any sort should be canned. Anything short of hacking the actual game. We already know most GMs do not approach things in a reasonable way, it is biased because they play characters. Too much conflicts of interest going on.

Lots of cunts......

I welcome the day someone starts a petition or moves to have a mass exodus until they cut this banning shit out.

Warclaidh

Methais
05-28-2022, 03:51 PM
Ive been doing mostly OSA, but they are banning people for scripting interaction when they are AT THE KEYBOARD ACTIVELY MONITORING WHATS GOING ON, just because they CAN GET AWAY WITH IT.
I've also been doing the confluence and Old Ta Faendryl, and the planes, and its all just bullshit game mechanics designed to actively SCREW the player no matter how much effort they put into their training or build.

The game has become nothing but a bunch of numbers to me, and the only places to hang out where people actually interact with each other have NO hunting for people at near to post cap.

You'll probably do well in SoS. It has a few bullshit mechanics, but it's not all that bad overall. As long as you set your ;wander borders so you don't end up in the desert, I don't think you'll have much trouble. The loot there is pretty good too, almost as good as plane 5.

Even though it's not considered a "capped" area, plane 5 is super ez mode and has probably the best loot in the game. You can still fry, it just takes longer. That's mainly a loot/favor farming area though. But still.

Getting in/out SoS without a charged periapt is kind stupid and I forgot how it works, but if you need a periapt to get in the easy way, hit me up and I can go charge one for you.

Orthin
05-28-2022, 03:59 PM
You'll probably do well in SoS. It has a few bullshit mechanics, but it's not all that bad overall. As long as you set your ;wander borders so you don't end up in the desert, I don't think you'll have much trouble. The loot there is pretty good too, almost as good as plane 5.

Even though it's not considered a "capped" area, plane 5 is super ez mode and has probably the best loot in the game. You can still fry, it just takes longer. That's mainly a loot farming area though. But still.

Getting in/out SoS without a charged periapt is kind stupid and I forgot how it works, but if you need a periapt to get in the easy way, hit me up and I can go charge one for you.

sanctum_watch.lic will help with some of the grossness there (snake disarm and the poison joint from lurks). And yes falling in to the latrine to get in and out. Even when I had 80 climbing I would fall on occassion climbing up. Voln is a huge help, go spirit form and fall without worry!

Methais
05-28-2022, 04:01 PM
sanctum_watch.lic will help with some of the grossness there (snake disarm and the poison joint from lurks). And yes falling in to the latrine to get in and out. Even when I had 80 climbing I would fall on occassion climbing up. Voln is a huge help, go spirit form and fall without worry!

Voln rules for everything and Sunfist and CoL are stupid and dumb.

Gelston
05-28-2022, 04:06 PM
Voln rules for everything and Sunfist and CoL are stupid and dumb.

You're stupid and dumb for everything.

Methais
05-28-2022, 04:10 PM
You're stupid and dumb for everything.

AT LEAST I'M IN VOLN THOUGH

Elanthil
05-28-2022, 05:46 PM
Im taking a break for at least another month while I sort out my health issues (Im in home physical therapy trying to get out of a wheelchair, and I recently had surgery to remove scar tissue and shrapnel from a short visit I took to Iraq decades ago courtesy of Uncle Fudgie)

Lavastene
05-28-2022, 06:13 PM
Im taking a break for at least another month while I sort out my health issues (Im in home physical therapy trying to get out of a wheelchair, and I recently had surgery to remove scar tissue and shrapnel from a short visit I took to Iraq decades ago courtesy of Uncle Fudgie)
Hope your health stuff gets sorted. If you do end up deciding to come check out SoS, let me know. Happy to show you the ropes.

Amerek
05-28-2022, 08:02 PM

I'm currently taking a break from things as well. Not very happy with anything that's being done in GS at the moment.

Methais
05-30-2022, 09:31 AM
I'm currently taking a break from things as well. Not very happy with anything that's being done in GS at the moment.

You mean you're not having fun with combat being slowed down and everything else that makes combat fun being nerfed as well?

https://c.tenor.com/S_68VptnBrQAAAAC/how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

Amerek
05-30-2022, 12:42 PM
You mean you're not having fun with combat being slowed down and everything else that makes combat fun being nerfed as well?

https://c.tenor.com/S_68VptnBrQAAAAC/how-dare-you-greta-thunberg.gif

Also, the fact that they sold a bajillion x per days from Duskruin and then nerfed them to shit with Divergence (specifically referring to 211 and 215). Hours of benefit reduced to mere minutes. I think I'll go throw away my money on another hobby. Thanks Simu!

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/32886870.jpg

Tgo01
05-30-2022, 12:53 PM
Also, the fact that they sold a bajillion x per days from Duskruin and then nerfed them to shit with Divergence (specifically referring to 211 and 215). Hours of benefit reduced to mere minutes. I think I'll go throw away my money on another hobby. Thanks Simu!

I was just thinking about this the other day. I was wondering if x per day items bypassed divergence and I guess not.

beldar17
05-30-2022, 03:01 PM
Not sure how its going to work specifically but yes if you sell things that you know people spent thousands on and then stop them from using it in the only hunting ground they would likely want to go........sounds like a scam.

You know, it almost perfectly mimics an ICO. This coin is going to have utility, and be the next this and that, and its the future.....everyone invest.

Next month, rug pull and founders of the coin ninja vanished.

I know yall invested in HinterCoin but umm.....yeah its not worthless.

Amerek
05-30-2022, 03:40 PM
Not sure how its going to work specifically but yes if you sell things that you know people spent thousands on and then stop them from using it in the only hunting ground they would likely want to go........sounds like a scam.

You know, it almost perfectly mimics an ICO. This coin is going to have utility, and be the next this and that, and its the future.....everyone invest.

Next month, rug pull and founders of the coin ninja vanished.

I know yall invested in HinterCoin but umm.....yeah its not worthless.

It's more like they knew this was a possibility when they released them. And this isn't the only thing they've done that fucked their paying customers.

Methais
05-30-2022, 03:43 PM
It's more like they knew this was a possibility when they released them. And this isn't the only thing they've done that fucked their paying customers.

According to Naijin, (paraphrased) "If you pay cash for an item and expect things to not change, you're doing it wrong."

That's what they think of the people* keeping them afloat.

*Tillmen is really the one keeping GS alive, but that's beside the point right now.

Amerek
05-30-2022, 03:55 PM
According to Naijin, (paraphrased) "If you pay cash for an item and expect things to not change, you're doing it wrong."

I wonder if a court of law would agree with him.

Methais
05-30-2022, 04:04 PM
I wonder if a court of law would agree with him.

They'd probably use the "Nothing in the game belongs to the players" loophole argument and probably get away with it would be my guess.

Alastir kind of hinted around at some legal shit a week or 2 ago, then Naijin said this, left the Discord, removed his GM name, and went back to SpiffyJr...

https://i.imgur.com/Ej4YrNS.png

Then a couple days later he showed back up on a new "Naijin" Discord account.

Taernath
05-30-2022, 04:16 PM
They'd probably use the "Nothing in the game belongs to the players" loophole argument and probably get away with it would be my guess.

Alastir kind of hinted around at some legal shit a week or 2 ago, then Naijin said this, left the Discord, removed his GM name, and went back to SpiffyJr...

lmao

'oh no naijin please come back we'll be good'

Methais
05-30-2022, 04:32 PM
lmao

'oh no naijin please come back we'll be good'

There was plenty of that in Discord right after he left too. It was maximum cringe.

Maerit
05-31-2022, 06:10 PM
then Naijin said this, left the Discord, removed his GM name, and went back to SpiffyJr...

I thought that was what happened, but someone who knows more about Discord just explained that's what happens when you do an actual log off of Discord. It has nothing to do with actively changing your username, so I guess he did a full logout of Discord for a few days to "take a break".

Gelston
05-31-2022, 06:54 PM
I remember Spiffy used to take it personally when people liked PsiNet more than Lich.

Methais
06-01-2022, 10:31 AM
I thought that was what happened, but someone who knows more about Discord just explained that's what happens when you do an actual log off of Discord. It has nothing to do with actively changing your username, so I guess he did a full logout of Discord for a few days to "take a break".

It's a whole new account. not just a name change.

https://i.imgur.com/upqMMlN.png
https://i.imgur.com/XfEnDWE.png