PDA

View Full Version : When Reivers Attack.

Stunseed
05-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Seems the village had some rocky times tonight.

Hagga, a Reiver Sorceress blew it up. Some refugees came to the Landing for sanctuary, only to have Hagga and her minions come to hunt them down. It seems that Hagga wanted to rule the village, and attempted to kill all the Elders of said village.

The hunting area in Reivers saw some migration, causing the ecosystem around the Landing to come alive with animals. Also Reivers left the ruins of their habitat.

More might come out of this, and if any other participants want to add to this, by all means.

Terminator X
05-06-2005, 11:55 PM
Yes.

That Fern lady reiver was really mean to me :'(

fallenSaint
05-07-2005, 10:54 PM
[script]>
not paying attention to the terrain, Hagga clumsily slips on a patch of ice, landing comically on her rear.
[script]>n

I found that funny in a simple sort of way.

drigore
05-07-2005, 11:52 PM
I was up there putzing around and saw Hagga's hut. The reivers are still there in full force, but the only change that I saw was that they are all weaing blue cloaks now. Before, they used to have all different colors. I don't know if that has any bearing to what side the various reivers are on.

Alfster
05-17-2005, 09:16 AM
[Luinne Bheinn, Pass]
The foot of the pass is met by a small, wooden drawbridge straddling a deep cleft. At the bottom of the cleft flows a small stream, foaming white as it washes over smooth rocks. On the other side of the bridge lies a settlement of some sort.
Obvious paths: west
>
Your SIGN OF WARDING is no longer effective.
>sign of warding
>sign of defending
>sign of shields
A barbed arrow flies out of the shadows toward you!
AS: +224 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +31 = +60
A clean miss.
A green-banded arrow flies out of the shadows toward you!
AS: +230 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +9 = +44
A clean miss.
A dark-fletched arrow flies out of the shadows toward you!
AS: +226 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +15 = +46
A clean miss.
AS: +234 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +37 = +76
A clean miss.
AS: +233 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +70 = +108
... and hits for 2 points of damage!
Poked in the tummy.
Hehehe.

Doesn't look like they want you to cross the drawbridge either.

StrayRogue
05-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Are the typical quest slags monopolizing everything yet?

Alfster
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
I couldn't tell ya, I was bored so I wandered up that way.

Parker
05-17-2005, 09:33 AM
So wait...can someone break down a log of what basically happened? I was in landing, but didn't hear about it.

Tsunami
05-17-2005, 09:35 AM
The War Griffins are fun!

Stunseed
05-17-2005, 05:08 PM
< Are the typical quest slags monopolizing everything yet? >

Some yes. I've been turning nobody down to join Stun's part of the storyline, but usually the people who end up sucking don't get invited again.

Hips
05-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Lies! You wouldn't let that little n00b in Icemule come with us. :no:

Jolena
05-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Oh well yeah but I tried to make him feel better about it by saying he should stay and help defend Icemule! Damn though, that guy was like what..6 trains maybe? His AS was 95 hah. I seriously thought he would bite it had he been involved in our aspect of it. MAybe I should have just let him come and get anihilated heee!

Glavenfyre
05-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Please excuse the momentary delays while we upgrade....

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Grasslands]
Bright multi-hued patches of wildflowers fill the grassy plain to the south as far as you can see. The simple beauty afforded by the vibrant colors astounds you. You also see a travel guide, a rolton, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a scratched tanik strongbox and a plain wooden chest.
Also here: Lethri, the body of Great Lord Maleek who is lying down
Obvious paths: north, southeast
>ne
[Lower Dragonsclaw, Grasslands]
The ground slopes slightly here, giving you pause to look up at the thick, puffy cumulus clouds and their shapes, which are continuously altered by the four winds. You also see a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a rolton, a rolton, a rolton, a rolton, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a rolton, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter, a reiver fighter and a rolton.
Also here: the body of Hallvard who is lying down
Obvious paths: south, northwest
>se
>
A reiver fighter swings a leather-wrapped claidhmore at you!
AS: +430 vs DS: +327 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +30 = +161
... and hits for 27 points of damage!
Crack to the head swells eye shut.
You are stunned for 5 rounds!

Tsunami
05-18-2005, 08:11 AM
They came, they killed, they left...booooring

Tromp
05-18-2005, 08:22 AM
So GM's actually pick certain individuals to actually "star" in the storyline?

Parker
05-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Last I heard, they usually picked individuals who showed up first or showed the most interest.

Jolena
05-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I hate to say it but normally there are a group of individuals who are the ones involved heavily in GM run quests. However, in this particular one it seems that a lot of 'new' characters are now heavily involved. I've managed to become a key player in the quest but only because I stumbled upon the first Reivers to come to town by coincidence. Normally I am a bystander who gets very little heavy GM interaction. Same thing with Stunseed, who is now involved quite a bit, but is usually a bystander like me.

There are still some of the 'usual suspects' participating though and I don't begrudge them that. :shrug:

Jolena
05-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Found the link to the log I posted here of the log of my first interaction with the NPC Hagga in a major fashion.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=14538