PDA

View Full Version : Just Players Corner

CrystalTears
05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Since I've noticed that people not only play Gemstone but World of Warcraft and other online games, perhaps the focus of the boards can veer away from strictly being about Gemstone and be a general players' forum for many games.

For now I don't see why there can't be areas to focus on Gemstone and WoW (since it's a big thing now). And then perhaps another section for all other games, and should those games progress into something that could use it's own space, then it will advance to it's own topic.

Not that I really want to add work for anyone, but I think it no longer needs to be JUST GS, but online games in general. Just an idea.

crazymage
05-03-2005, 12:49 PM
i agree! Dragonrealms would be good to add also

[Edited on 5-3-2005 by crazymage]

peam
05-03-2005, 12:58 PM
:D
http://forum.gsplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60

Gan
05-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Heresy!

If you have no information Gemstone related then its not WORTHY of relating here. [/tongue and cheek]

:whistle:

CrystalTears
05-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by peam
:D
http://forum.gsplayers.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=60

That's a catch all. I'm saying it should more than one folder to get them all. :P

Hulkein
05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
I agree, CT. I posted a topic about this a couple of months ago, I think Kranar said he'd look into it, I don't remember though.

AnticorRifling
05-03-2005, 02:05 PM
I still say leave it as The GemStone IV Player's Corner. You might have moved on to other games but the board didn't that's why we have the other games folder.

That's just me though.

Hulkein
05-03-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't mind it staying named Gemstone IV's Player Corner, but a section specifically for WoW would be cool considering the amount of players and topics about it.

AnticorRifling
05-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I say no because I don't have a video card yet so I can't play WoW and if I can't play then everyone should be forced to suffer!!! or something like that.

CrystalTears
05-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I still say leave it as The GemStone IV Player's Corner. You might have moved on to other games but the board didn't that's why we have the other games folder.

That's just me though.

Just thinking of expanding and not being limited. You're just pissy cause you don't play WoW. :moon2: ;)

Gan
05-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Just make a folder with nice pretty pictures since they're into graphics. That'll give them someplace to hang out. ;)

Caiylania
05-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Hey! Give the EQII players some love! We are here........ lurking .......... bwahahahahahaha

[Edited on 5-3-2005 by Caiylania]

Showal
05-03-2005, 04:54 PM
I kind of like this being related mainly to gemstone. That way when I read posts, it's not bogged down with pictures of stuff going on that I'm not interested in or can't decipher. I post here because the today's post section comprises mainly things that involve Gemstone or the people that play gemstone and that's what I'm interested in. If you include other games, people from those games will probably come in and then there's little relating one person to another.

The thing we all basically have in common on these boards is that we all have at one time or another played gemstone, not that I play gemstone and person B used to but now plays WoW and person C plays WoW so me and person C have some bond through person B.

Parkbandit
05-03-2005, 04:57 PM
I say no because I don't have a video card yet so I can't play WoW and if I can't play then everyone should be forced to suffer!!! or something like that.

That's what is keeping you? How pathetic is your computer?

Cheap bastard.. almost as cheap as Dar is for not getting a cooling fan that works.

Caiylania
05-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Showal
I kind of like this being related mainly to gemstone. That way when I read posts, it's not bogged down with pictures of stuff going on that I'm not interested in or can't decipher. I post here because the today's post section comprises mainly things that involve Gemstone or the people that play gemstone and that's what I'm interested in. If you include other games, people from those games will probably come in and then there's little relating one person to another.

The thing we all basically have in common on these boards is that we all have at one time or another played gemstone, not that I play gemstone and person B used to but now plays WoW and person C plays WoW so me and person C have some bond through person B.

Very good points ::: nods :::

AnticorRifling
05-03-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

That's what is keeping you? How pathetic is your computer?

Cheap bastard.. almost as cheap as Dar is for not getting a cooling fan that works.

My computer is pimp save the video card I've never needed/wanted one. And I can't currently afford one as the wife was without a job for the entire summer and I've been playing catchup since. Once I get set again that's probably going to be one of the first things I treat myself with.

Hulkein
05-03-2005, 05:10 PM
www.newegg.com

I'm sure you know the site, just incase. Cheap prices.

AnticorRifling
05-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Yeah I know the site. I haven't even priced vid cards because I don't want to be tempted. This whole being a grown up with responsibilites sucks ass.

Word to the wise....Stay single, stay rich.

Gan
05-03-2005, 05:20 PM
I barely have the time to play gemstone because of work.... why in the world would I divest the time to start over with something else? Who needs another addiction? These boards and Gemstone are enough addictions for me at the moment, regardless of the mechanical abilities of my computer systems (ie. video cards etc.).

AkMan
05-03-2005, 05:27 PM
We definitely need an entirely new folder with sub folders for WoW. As far as the name goes though I think Gemstone IV should stay in the pc's name. That is the one common bond amongst almost all the posters.

Kainen
05-03-2005, 05:32 PM
I dont play WoW but I think a WoW folder would be cool.. but.. the name should stay the same.. after all thats pretty much what brought us all here at one time or another.

Doyle Hargraves
05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
All that's really needed is to give WoW its own folder on here, or maybe just its own sub-folder under the "Video Games and Other Games Online" section.

If you compared the amount of threads about GS and about WoW over the past 6 months, the numbers would probably be pretty close.

While I agree with Showal's post in that the one common thing with everyone here is that they do/did play Gemstone and turning this place into a "General Gamer" forum would probably be a bad idea in the longrun since most people here probably prefer keeping the basic format of this place the same, you can't ignore the fact that WoW is taking up a lot of space on here and that a large portion of people here play it, certainly enough to warrant at least its own section on here.

I really don't care what happens either way, but it'd be a welcome addition I'm sure.

It's hard to not notice that the link Peam posted is dominated by WoW threads..

Latrinsorm
05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Doyle Hargraves
If you compared the amount of threads about GS and about WoW over the past 6 months, the numbers would probably be pretty close.I don't really mind either way adding folders and whatnot, but that statement turns out to be pretty untrue. There are more threads in the General Gemstone folder alone than all the threads in the Other Games folder over the same time period (the last month or so). Then you add in all the profession folders, alterations, events, Complaints, gems, news, RP, scripting...

Doyle Hargraves
05-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Warclaidhm and Jenovadeath threads don't count, which should drastically reduce the GS thread numbers.

[Edited on 5-3-2005 by Doyle Hargraves]

Latrinsorm
05-03-2005, 06:47 PM
1 JD thread and 1 spunkmonk thread in the general GS folder.

imported_Kranar
05-04-2005, 11:31 AM
What kind of sub-folders would you guys want for a WoW folder?

StrayRogue
05-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Similar to the ones we have now. Pictures, General, Complaints etc.

Oh and get rid of the idiots who have been wrecking havoc in your absence (ie Spunkmonk).

crazymage
05-04-2005, 12:45 PM
what stay said, +. Guild requests

AkMan
05-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Similar to the ones we have now. Pictures, General, Complaints etc.

Oh and get rid of the idiots who have been wrecking havoc in your absence (ie Spunkmonk).

I agree also.

Doyle Hargraves
05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Kranar
What kind of sub-folders would you guys want for a WoW folder?

My suggestions for folders would be:

1 for each class
1 for each profession
Horde
Alliance
PvP
Guilds
Screenshots
General
Complaints
Game Mechanics

Parkbandit
05-04-2005, 05:02 PM
Maybe one titled:

BAYNE PAIN TRAIN PASSENGERS

And make it big.. there have been alot of passengers lately.

Doyle Hargraves
05-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Maybe one titled:

And here's proof:

http://image30.webshots.com/30/1/39/39/245113939AUWiiX_ph.jpg

Parkbandit
05-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Doyle Hargraves

Maybe one titled:

And here's proof:

http://image30.webshots.com/30/1/39/39/245113939AUWiiX_ph.jpg

Link doesn't work for me. Did you get Bayne standing above an enormous pile of dead alliance scum?