PDA

View Full Version : 630 released

Rinualdo
02-09-2022, 08:22 AM
Title Fail- I mean 620.

Druid fluid is live

Ranger spell Resist Nature (620) has been updated to have two forms: the first is a group spell that allows Rangers to provide resistance to heat, cold, steam, lightning, or nature damage to their group. The second allows them to add permanent resistances to magic items created via Imbue (614). The full details on the spell can be found at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ztoimzT_R1jrPngz8GFZ3454q1JuNDqD8-AXZ5bhbnA . The wiki documentation for the spell will also be updated over the coming days.

-M.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Professions/Ranger/view/501

Tgo01
02-09-2022, 08:37 AM
I like how they decoupled it from other service difficulties, that's a nice change of pace. Also interesting how they are allowing the same item to have multiple resistances. Does this mean theoretically the same item can provide 25% resistance to heat, cold, steam, nature, and lightning? Of course I imagine that's gonna require a lot of suffuse energy or those -500 difficulty potions.

Archigeek
02-09-2022, 01:26 PM
I like how they decoupled it from other service difficulties, that's a nice change of pace. Also interesting how they are allowing the same item to have multiple resistances. Does this mean theoretically the same item can provide 25% resistance to heat, cold, steam, nature, and lightning? Of course I imagine that's gonna require a lot of suffuse energy or those -500 difficulty potions.

They should have decoupled GRIT too. It should be in line with how WPS works in terms of success, since the reward is coupled to the way WPS works.

Tgo01
02-09-2022, 01:31 PM
They should have decoupled GRIT too. It should be in line with how WPS works in terms of success, since the reward is coupled to the way WPS works.

I was going to suggest this the other day. Like why is the GRIT service related to the typical difficulty of services? Enchanting, ensorcelling, sanctify, that all makes sense.

But when it takes like 20 warrior services just to move the crit rating from 1 to 2, it's kind of silly item difficulty is taken into account. Do something like they did with 620 here. Yeah sure this means it's the same difficulty whether the weapon is 0x or 10x, but who cares? Make each GRIT service cost 50k grit if it's a concern that warriors are going to be able to do too many services, the difficulty combined with how many services are required is just a bit too much.

Tgo01
03-08-2022, 04:25 PM
So is the Ranger service going the way of the warrior service? That is to say not really a hot ticket item and not very valuable?

I was thinking it would be highly sought after like 330 is but apparently I'm wrong. Or no one wants to buy my fluid :(

Tgo01
03-11-2022, 02:59 PM
After trying to sell my ranger service for over a week I suddenly had 4+ people all at once wanting to buy the service.

Not sure if I found the right price to sell it for or what.

Drazaan
03-11-2022, 06:34 PM
Here's my speculation on it: With it being released immediately before the bi-annual migration to Bloodriven Village, folks likely had their attention elsewhere. It's a solely defense-oriented player service as well and that likely has led to a more tepid response than with other services were everyone sees a new opportunity to improve their weapon. Hoping it is the beginning of an upswing in ranger resist interest as I am thrilled we finally have a (overall) much improved 620.

Tgo01
03-11-2022, 06:35 PM
Here's my speculation on it: With it being released immediately before the bi-annual migration to Bloodriven Village, folks likely had their attention elsewhere. It's a solely defense-oriented player service as well and that likely has led to a more tepid response than with other services were everyone sees a new opportunity to improve their weapon. Hoping it is the beginning of an upswing in ranger resist interest as I am thrilled we finally have a (overall) much improved 620.

Very good points.