PDA

View Full Version : Wavedancer II

Czeska
04-29-2005, 07:59 AM
Second run leaves tonight. Besides having Nilandia's merchant list script and a printout of a map, anyone have any other suggestions?

What should you absolutely not miss?

(Please note, quests make my eyes bleed. If I'm doing a quest, there'd better be someone telling me the solution. I just have no patience)

Is there an exchange fee for notes on the ship?

Where is Solhaven does the boat dock?

I promise, I've read through the other threads. But some concise info would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Hips
04-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Czeska

Don't miss the raffles.

From what I remember, there's an exchange fee. It's not too much though, and it's handy having a bank onboard.

The boat docks on the South Markey Pier, in the same room as the celebration barge.

Also... try to get into the AIM chat. It helps.

[Edited on 4-29-2005 by GS3 Michiko]

Toxicvixen
04-29-2005, 08:18 AM
There's a Chat?!

<-- Always out of the loop!:D

Toxicvixen
04-29-2005, 08:18 AM
There's a Chat?!

<-- Always out of the loop!:D

TheRoseLady
04-29-2005, 08:42 AM
Yep on AIM - just chat invite yourself to Wavedancing

IntegraC
04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Good luck getting into that chat. 90% of the time it's all full unless you get lucky to catch an empty spot. I don't know why IM only has a chat hold only 36 people anyway.

Czeska
04-29-2005, 09:31 AM
I think there was one other AIM chat listed on gs4.org, too. Is there a psinet chat that goes on, like there was for the Dhu?

Thanks everyone, keep the ideas coming. I am not obsessed with getting a zillion alters, but I dont want to feel lost the whole time.

YancyDC
04-29-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm going second class this run, and unlike some people I see on the officials I haven't cancelled all my plans this weekend and gotten food prepared and sent the kids (that I don't have) off to wherever.

How the fuck am I supposed to compete with that? In my ten years of playing, I've only gotten one alter, and that was at Ebon's. I'd like to get a few now, so does anyone have advice of the best way to do it?

Tromp
04-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Regarding the AIM Chats why not just keeping adding rooms once the 1st one fills up like WaveDancing II or something?

StrayRogue
04-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Because the first one is usually the best one. What pisses me off about the chats (usually I love them to death) is that theres always 5 or 6 of the 36 maximum that don't interact, don't say aword and just hog a space for someone cool.

Kitsun
04-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Information leechs suck and should be blackballed as soon as identified.

Czeska
04-29-2005, 11:09 AM
How does the bank on the ship work. I assume you have to take a note on and exchange it there?

What the hell happens if the boat leaves and you haven't cleared that account out?

Kitsun
04-29-2005, 11:22 AM
The bank on the ship is linked to the Landing bank. If you've got coins there, then you're pretty good to go.

Jolena
04-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Regarding alters, I am pretty sure if it's ANYthing like the first run, you will not have any issues, no matter what class you are. At least people I know on all classes did not have issues. The merchants pretty much swarmed all over the ship during the weekend and all during the week. I was really impressed with it. Many times there were several merchants working at once in the same room, which helped a lot.

My suggestion would be to make sure you are unencumbered, have a note with you to exchange if you dont' already have money in the landing bank, keep a few items to have worked on in a container on your person, have BACKUP ideas ready in case an alter gets juked, and have a map ready to look at.

The ship is big, I won't lie and it can be very confusing. But with the maps available, it's really not too bad anymore. The maps are well done, easy to read and even easier to navagate on. (Coming from someone who's directionally challenged, that's saying a lot)

Above all, relax and have fun. There is a lot to do on the ship, great shopping and tons of fun people to interact with. Enjoy yourself, don't stress.

Czeska
04-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Put money in Landing bank. Check.

Play games with friends. Check.

Walk into rooms, get instantly picked by merchant, be done in 5 minutes. Check.

Thanks guys.

Fallen
04-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Enjoy your trip, guys. I had a blast on the first run.

As for things you do NOT wish to miss...the Quests are GREAT. Make sure you set aside time to complete the Any-time quests, and ESPECIALLY the announced quests.

I know its tough to pull yourself away from merchant mode for a couple hours, but I can honestly say they were worth it.

Czeska
04-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Fallen, you seem to have missed the part where I said quests make my eyes bleed.

Unless someone's going to walk me through the puzzles, I lose my patience in about 10 minutes. I actually reported and got GM poofed out of a quest on the Dhu, cause I was ready to just log off.

StrayRogue
04-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Then prepare to be pissed off. The digging quest...God what a waste of time.

Kitsun
04-29-2005, 01:49 PM
The sand elementals off that quest are definately nifty as hell and guaranteed after plowing down some stupid walls.

Shari
04-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, I'm sure its posted somewhere but I'm a lazy shit and just want the answer NOW.

:D

Where do we board this thing at? I'm hearing there's somewhere in the Landing, and somewhere in Solhaven. Someone want to clarify and be really, really specific? (as in, Glock's piere, etc...)

Czeska
04-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko

Don't miss the raffles.

From what I remember, there's an exchange fee. It's not too much though, and it's handy having a bank onboard.

The boat docks on the South Markey Pier, in the same room as the celebration barge.

Also... try to get into the AIM chat. It helps.

[Edited on 4-29-2005 by GS3 Michiko]

Shari
04-29-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm lazy as well as dumb, apparantly.

Hehe, thanks.

Czeska
04-29-2005, 02:07 PM
:D No problem.

Trinitis
04-29-2005, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Jolena

The ship is big, I won't lie and it can be very confusing. But with the maps available, it's really not too bad anymore. The maps are well done, easy to read and even easier to navagate on. (Coming from someone who's directionally challenged, that's saying a lot)

I thought Stunseed was the ranger! *flees*

Fallen
04-29-2005, 10:33 PM
No one had it harder than the first group through. We spent over 6 hours digging. A GM NPC actually had to show up and cheer us on. Good stuff, I had alot of fun.

Czeska, you wuss! Quests are supposed to drive you insane. If they weren't stupidly hard, you wouldn't feel a dazed sense of accomplishment when you finally succeed.

Stunseed
04-29-2005, 10:39 PM
< I thought Stunseed was the ranger! *flees* >

I am easily the most directionally retahded person I know, unless I can 10-key it by memory. So while on the Wavedancer I am worthless directionally, anything in Mule I can ( for the most part ) do from memory.

Shari
04-30-2005, 03:55 AM
This is killing me....does anyone know YET which jar in the Magic Dust shop is the poison? I don't want to have to have someone buy 1 of each kind of jar so I can figure it out on my own.

isebumples
04-30-2005, 04:58 AM
I went on the first run, and I accomplished getting a ton of alters. I didn't use any chat, except the crystal amulet on the boat. I had every alterer's name hilighted(which is a must), and had a good map. They announce just about every alterer working, and most of them worked multiple times, so if you see a name, hilight it! Walk around for the first day, and situate yourself with the shops, because that got me into alot of rooms within the first ten people, just because I knew where they were. I got 11 alters, recharging work, won a special spell messaging, temporary padding, a dual-flaired weapon, and won over 1.5 million at the lucky 7's ticket game, wich probably won't be there this time around, since us first time cruisers misused it, heh. Have fun.

Shari
04-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Um, helpful bit of information...

The absinthe sold in Ya Gotta Point will FUCK, YOU, UP.

My Lady-like Nalfein was blasted after 4 drinks and I can't get her up off the floor to put herself to bed!

Shari
04-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Goddamnit this is rediculous. Is there another chat going on BESIDES Wavedancing because its always full.

Mistomeer
04-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
Um, helpful bit of information...

The absinthe sold in Ya Gotta Point will FUCK, YOU, UP.

My Lady-like Nalfein was blasted after 4 drinks and I can't get her up off the floor to put herself to bed!

Wanna pick me up a couple bottles of that?

Shari
04-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Hahaha, sure.

Mistomeer
04-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Awesome, you rock.

Czeska
05-02-2005, 07:53 PM
My favorite thing from the wavedancer? The hazy glass ring we each got from the box at the stern after Sunday's quest...

The ring resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 5 to Mana Recovery.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Stamina Recovery.
The ring looks to have almost innumerable charges remaining.

Hips
05-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Goddamnit this is rediculous. Is there another chat going on BESIDES Wavedancing because its always full.

Yeah there is, but this one is pretty much always full too.

Tromp
05-03-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko

Yeah there is, but this one is pretty much always full too.

Now that is pretty vague... care to share or does one need a secret password?

YancyDC
05-03-2005, 08:14 AM
My favorite thing from the wavedancer? The hazy glass ring we each got from the box at the stern after Sunday's quest...

The ring resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 5 to Mana Recovery.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Stamina Recovery.
The ring looks to have almost innumerable charges remaining.
Hot damn, I picked mine up and didn't even check what it did. That stamina recovery bonus is sweet.