PDA

View Full Version : What's potential worth?

Arshwikk
02-02-2022, 06:41 PM
So, I won this item like 2-3 yrs ago at one of the first DR troves.

You tap a gold mesh pouch that you are wearing.

In the gold mesh pouch:
Clothing [1]: a thick imflass and silver bracer
Special [12]: a faceted diamond jewel, a solid brown jewel, a teardrop onyx jewel, a marbled gold jewel, a marbled aqua jewel, a solid yellow jewel, a faceted peridot jewel, a marbled copper jewel, a solid orange jewel, a marbled silver jewel, a marbled coral jewel, a solid blue jewel
Misc [1]: a faded note
Total items: 14

>read my note
In the Common language, it reads:
This pouch contains a Tier 3 Garli bracer that will hold 3 jewels. It also contains twelve jewels that consists of the following bonuses: +3 S/H, +3 Logic Base, +2 PP, +1 MOC Ranks, +11 Swimming Ranks, +2 Mental Mana Control Ranks, +5 Trading Ranks, +12 Climbing Ranks, +2 STR Base, +2 DEX Base, +2 WIS Base, +2 Armor Use Ranks

In essence, it's like a 3 orb fusion item, except you wear it on your arm instead of being a weapon/shield/armor. The downside is only the jewels work in it, so you have those listed to work with. Now, I asked at the time, and the GM(s) on discord said I should have no issues upgrading the jewels via certs. That means if I worked on them for awhile, at 2-3 certs (If you are gonna pay to upgrade an enhancive like this you must not be worried about a 25k surcharge either for the 3rd), I could end up with a pretty amazing 3 enhancive piece of say logic/wisdom/dex, for example. Among those above those three, maybe STR as well as a top pick with a few other decent ones, MOC, MMC - you get the point.

It would take investment to make it OP, but it CAN be a pretty OP enhancive. I would obviously make a choice on the three and work them up BEFORE putting them in (at which point you could only upgrade 1 thing at a time w/o removing, which is kinda like removing an orb - so comes with risk).

Anyway, I've already wasted 2 or more yrs of it's potential to grow because I don't have reckless abandon amounts of BS each DR. Someone else might. I figure I need to put up or shut up with this thing and give it love or sell it. Anyone have an idea of what this might be worth?

Archigeek
02-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Cool idea, but ultimately it's no better than boosting some random treasure find, and there are so many of those out there that it would not be hard to find what you want. Definitely some appeal do to the facility and novelty.

gilchristr
02-03-2022, 12:33 AM
Sad that none of these jewels are maxed, and that it is wristworn instead of something like hairworn or earS worn (the garli items I have are worn in those slots, which are not normal treasure feeder spots).

Also it would have been reasonable to have maxed bonuses for garli jewels. Like +2 MOC ranks, and +5 logic. Not +1 moc and +3 logic, for example.

Had it been in a better worn location, and have had the full bonuses, it would have been a nice find. As it stands, it seems like a collector item lacking in real utility. It would be a really bad idea to invest BS in this.

Maerit
02-03-2022, 12:51 AM
Perhaps you can use the item relocation certificate to make it an ankle worn bracer?

Arshwikk
02-07-2022, 03:21 PM
You carefully inspect your imflass bracer.

You determine that you could wear the bracer around your wrist. The bracer appears to serve some purpose.

You remember that you registered this item about a year ago.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of imflass.

I forgot, the bracer is actually wrist worn, so it's a bit better than arm worn.