PDA

View Full Version : Runestaff sorcer

Tsunami
04-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Can anyone suggest a good training regiment for a runestaff using sorcer please? This is for an existing sorcer.
I looked through the wecsites and only found two that give an actual training plan, and they were copies of each other, literally. :P

And whats a good stat placement for sorcers? Also for runestaff. Not sure on race.

Thanks in advance.

FinisWolf
04-27-2005, 03:32 PM
It's an exsisting sorcerer, and you do no0t know the race...

type info...

Finis

Tsunami
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
No, the first part of the post is about an existing sorcer, interested in fixskill to be a runestaff user and looking for info on that.

The second part of the post is asking about good stat placement for a runestaff using sorcer, that does not exist yet, not knowing what race it would be.

FinisWolf
04-27-2005, 04:28 PM
ahh...

With so many ways to play any profession, its ahrd to say this is the way. Especially since it seems like you do not want to be cookie cutter.

I would say create the new one, and test different styles. Then come here and ask if at high levels something like what you are doing is viable say in OTF ...

Finis

Syberus
04-27-2005, 04:29 PM
SorcerER there's an ER you keep forgetting!

Letum
04-27-2005, 09:27 PM
2x AS
1x MIU
1.5x harness
2x spell aiming
1x elemental control
1x spiritual control
2.5x spells
1x lore
1x perception

8 ranks armor use
20-25 ranks physical training
25 ranks climbing (by rift-hunting age, lvl 63)
25 ranks swimming

This is essentially the standard runestaff sorcerer training plan. It is by no means all encompassing, but it is a good place to start from.

Stat placement is largely dependent on what level you plan to optimize your stats, if at all. The stats a sorcerer is most dependent on:
Primary: Wisdom and Aura
Secondary: Discipline and Dexterity

INT and INF are somewhat useless except for MP's. Due to the dynamic nature of GS it would be a BAD idea to place them below 40ish as this could change at any time with or without warning.

Edited to add: Change LOG to INF. Rift is 66 for GSIV? I will never get my little characters in there. :(

[Edited on 4-28-2005 by Letum]

Tsunami
04-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Thank you very much Letum, I appreciate your sharing of information.

Drew2
04-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Except rift age is 66.

FinisWolf
04-28-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Syberus
SorcerER there's an ER you keep forgetting!

I noticed, but gave the benifit of doubt to them possibly meaning to do that...

:Shrug:

Finis

Syberus
04-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Pretty standard plan yup, works well enough.