PDA

View Full Version : Clueless Luukosian priestess

Viridian
04-23-2005, 12:05 PM
My little cleric will be able to raise the dead soon. I've come to the conclusion she will help thoes of her allies and followers of Luukos and only if they aren't complete morons.

She will also raise those of the neutral pantheon gods, but only those of Gosaena (This is because most of thoes who follow Gosaena share her distate of Lorminstra.) And the darker minor spirits.

I figure all of the lornon pantheon if they wish it.

She wants them to acknowledge Luukos, as the one who raises them from the dead, as it is him who gives her the blessing to do such.

Now, what I need to know, is how can I go about doing this.

Or perhaps suggestions? I'm a little lost on how I'll do this ritual

AnticorRifling
04-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Be all "Ride the snake!"

AnticorRifling
04-23-2005, 12:12 PM
And welcome to the Player's Corner.

Viridian
04-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Uhm...yeah, thanks.

I don't think ride the snake will go over too well though...

Besides half of the people (including myself) have their minds in the gutters and will make into something dirty.

Sean
04-23-2005, 12:15 PM
How do you intend on finding out who worships who

HarmNone
04-23-2005, 12:18 PM
You could try announcing your intent in advance of the raise. You could tell the unfortunate dead that it is Luukos that will grant them life and ask if they are ready to accept his blessing. If not, let 'em rot. ;)

Viridian
04-23-2005, 12:18 PM
I usually ask people who they follow. Usually looking at someone and seeing a symbol of their deity is a dead give away

Miss X
04-23-2005, 12:30 PM
Hmm, one of my clerics will only raise people who worship a God of Liabo. I usually ask the deader who they worship and if it is a God of Lornon I'll tell them that because I worship Voln, linking my soul to theirs would be too painful for me to deal with. She once raised someone who worshipped Luukos, who had lied, and when she found out I tried to play it that she was so emotionally drained by it she couldnt raise again for a long while.

In terms of letting people know, I ask every body if they accept that Volns power will raise them, I used voln related props and had a small prayer I said before hand. You will find that most people dont care though, they just want to be raised, so good luck! :)

Oh and welcome to PC!

Showal
04-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah I've denied a few priests to raise Showal in certain deities names. They usually will leave me to rot. It sucks but it's pretty funny at the same time.

04-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Be like.. act SLITHERS ALL OVER U

And be like.. "U WANT REZZ LOL FRUM SNNAKE???"

and then be like "KOOL"

and raise them.

- Arkans

Showal
04-23-2005, 12:36 PM
hahahaha that would rock.

And add extra S's to things.

"U WANT REZZ FROM SSSSSNAKE?"

"U WANT ME 2 SHOOT SSSSSNAKE SSSSSSAUCE ON YOUR DEAD FACE?"

Parkbandit
04-23-2005, 12:50 PM
So.

Fucking.

Wrong.

Shari
04-23-2005, 02:20 PM
ROFL.

To stay on topic, I'm going through a similar issue. My cleric isn't 18 yet but when she can raise I'm trying to decide if I raise everyone who desires it badly enough, if that would fall into Ivas' feed on desire. Good luck.

FinisWolf
04-23-2005, 04:31 PM
What about those athiest characters in game? I happen to own several, as the gawds are fucking gawd awful...

Of course on the other side..., the majority of my chars just decay, because in my opinion with zero deeds, the wait is shorter to be up and running again. (According to my own investigations)

Finis

Liberi Fatali
04-23-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Tijay

The spell Well of Life reveals this information to one with enough lore.

Tabor.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-23-2005, 05:54 PM
My cleric has a pin that I show people.

Scratched on the shiny surface of the pin in a childlike script are the words, "Yew on the floor, all ded and sad, yew see me and I betchew glad! Unfortunatewy, I hab tew say, its gewna be 3k, or yew decay!"

I didn't get a lot of customers.

Shari
04-23-2005, 05:58 PM
THAT...IS SO CUTE!

Gan
04-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Here's a post of a Luukos raise I saw a few years back.

posted on 5-7-2004 at 17:36 Post ID: 172117

Thought I'd throw this out... found it in some notes way back in 2000. The BEST raising ritual I've witnessed since starting Gemstone back in 98. I stumbled across this guy and the corpse outside the bathhouse and hung around to watch the show...

Baraknar recites:
"Hail Lord Luukos, My lord of the night
One of the five that grants me might
With the knowlage you have provided me
Allow me to send this soul to thee."

Baraknar recites:
"From body to symbol the soul does flow
Then into the orb's unholy glow
The soul be now within your dark light
Take it now as is your right

The symbol glows a soft white as the body of Stranos darkens slightly, the energy flowing from the symbol into the orb causing it to glow brightly, its unholy blue light blinding for a moment before it rockets skyward to the Arkati above."

Baraknar recites:
"Take this soul I givith to thine
To torment through neverending time
Prehaps destroy this one eternal and true
Or to bless with the tainted flame from you."

Baraknar recites:
"Your will is my way, your wish my command
Your answer let us see in the land
I beg for a sign, of you will devine
Now arise Stranos if M'lord savith thine

Suddenly a dark flame erupts from the sky above and flows downward into the orb causing it to flare with a brilliant unholy blue light, blinding you for but a moment as the energy dissipates into the symbol surrounding it and seeps into the body infusing it for a few moments with a wicked glow."

Baraknar gestures at Stranos.
Baraknar suddenly looks very drained.

A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Stranos in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Stranos, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Stranos awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.

Link to more ideas:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=6561&page=1

Back
04-23-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Tabor

Originally posted by Tijay

The spell Well of Life reveals this information to one with enough lore.

Tabor.

Why is it when Tabor posts I hear a voice in my head like a stereotypical english butler voice?

FinisWolf
04-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
My cleric has a pin that I show people.

Scratched on the shiny surface of the pin in a childlike script are the words, "Yew on the floor, all ded and sad, yew see me and I betchew glad! Unfortunatewy, I hab tew say, its gewna be 3k, or yew decay!"

I didn't get a lot of customers.

Thats fucking hilarious!

Finis

~ Sell me the pin!

FinisWolf
04-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
Here's a post of a Luukos raise I saw a few years back.

posted on 5-7-2004 at 17:36 Post ID: 172117

Thought I'd throw this out... found it in some notes way back in 2000. The BEST raising ritual I've witnessed since starting Gemstone back in 98. I stumbled across this guy and the corpse outside the bathhouse and hung around to watch the show...

Baraknar recites:
"Hail Lord Luukos, My lord of the night
One of the five that grants me might
With the knowlage you have provided me
Allow me to send this soul to thee."

Baraknar recites:
"From body to symbol the soul does flow
Then into the orb's unholy glow
The soul be now within your dark light
Take it now as is your right

The symbol glows a soft white as the body of Stranos darkens slightly, the energy flowing from the symbol into the orb causing it to glow brightly, its unholy blue light blinding for a moment before it rockets skyward to the Arkati above."

Baraknar recites:
"Take this soul I givith to thine
To torment through neverending time
Prehaps destroy this one eternal and true
Or to bless with the tainted flame from you."

Baraknar recites:
"Your will is my way, your wish my command
Your answer let us see in the land
I beg for a sign, of you will devine
Now arise Stranos if M'lord savith thine

Suddenly a dark flame erupts from the sky above and flows downward into the orb causing it to flare with a brilliant unholy blue light, blinding you for but a moment as the energy dissipates into the symbol surrounding it and seeps into the body infusing it for a few moments with a wicked glow."

Baraknar gestures at Stranos.
Baraknar suddenly looks very drained.

A bolt of soft white light streaks down from the sky bathing Stranos in it.
A brilliant glow forms around Stranos, lingers for a moment, and finally fades. Stranos awakens looking somewhat confused and seriously drained.

Link to more ideas:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=6561&page=1

That is definetly a good raising ritual.

FInis

Viridian
04-24-2005, 04:44 PM
I agree that ritual is awesome. I need to think up a prayer of some sort to recite druing the raise.

Thank you for sharing, thats great.

~Hadya's string puller.

Snapp
04-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Showal

"U WANT ME 2 SHOOT SSSSSNAKE SSSSSSAUCE ON YOUR DEAD FACE?"
:lol2: Okay, thats hilarious.

On a side note, I think knowing what god someone follows should be a skill that clerics naturally have. Maybe to go along with the appraise verb.