PDA

View Full Version : Citizenship in town

Raulin
04-21-2005, 02:38 PM
I've been in town for close to 8 years, the last three though I've been away from the lands... I have backroom access to every shop in town, completed the transcribers questions in the landing. Still I am not ready for citizenship, what do i need to do to get citizenship status in the landing?

(I had backroom access before I left but, spent 40K last night buying new stuff from stores too.)

Czeska
04-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Try buying something in a shop about every 30 minutes. Not like pie.. something a bit more significant. On Teras I bought an LK flask a few times one night, and it took me a day and a half to get citizenship.

El Burro
04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
wtf!! more significant than pie?!?!

Crazy pie h8rs

Czeska
04-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Significant monetarily... We all bought pie on teras just for food, it's ok!

Tsunami
04-21-2005, 03:06 PM
I've heard interacting with the NPC's counts, like the fortuneteller/flowergirl/mutt etc. And not to do anything like dropping stuff on the ground or be in trouble with the law.

Also, once you do gain backroom access, make sure to buy something from the backroom list.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Apotheosis
04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I believe there's a script out there somewhere, and probably on this forum..

in either case, it's a formula where you buy something from shops over a period of like 12 hours or so, every 2 or 3 minutes, but yeah, that's probably flawed information

most of my chars are citizens in the towns they live by the time they hit lvl 20, and i just do normal shopping, selling, hunting, etc. :shrug:

[Edited on 4-21-2005 by Yswithe]

Gan
04-21-2005, 03:30 PM
There are several citizenship scripts posted in these forums.

Click on the search function on these boards... keyword: citizenship and then look specifically in the folder Scripting Discussion. You'll find what you're looking for if your town has had a script made for it.

If not you can always ask on the OOC channel of Psinet, I'm sure someone has one for the town you're looking for.

Enceladus
04-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Answer questions for the CBSS thing.. the ones the NPCs like the nosey registrar (different NPCs based on the towns) ask. There's a whole lot of the questions and answering them will count big time toward citizenship.

Raulin
04-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Enceladus
Answer questions for the CBSS thing.

What's this?

Latrinsorm
04-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Character Back Story System, probably. It's a bunch of stuff like what are your parents like, how many people you've killed, how many brothers/sisters did you have addressed to your character.

Raulin
04-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Character Back Story System, probably. It's a bunch of stuff like what are your parents like, how many people you've killed, how many brothers/sisters did you have addressed to your character.

Is there a specific purpose for it?

FinisWolf
04-24-2005, 02:20 AM
My tried and true was buying a single item (the cheapest) from a shop, waiting one minute, moving to the next shop and doing the same. In less then 12 hours, I had citizenship.

I have done this with more then one character. It works.

Finis

Latrinsorm
04-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Raulin
Is there a specific purpose for it? You can access the answers you gave later. I guess they put it in to help people flesh out their characters' histories.

StrayRogue
04-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Its also so that when GMs interact with you they can check your history and use it to gain a better knowledge of your character.

Fallen
04-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Can all races gain full citizenship in the Landing?

GSTamral
04-24-2005, 02:10 PM
gaining citizenship is a painful process. It's also not fun. Odd that they would approve not fun, extremely boring processes in a game. Wonder who approved that one. Must be someone who failed out of product controls 101.

Warriorbird
04-24-2005, 03:01 PM
"a painful process. It's also not fun."

Sort've like hunting and guild skills.

Artha
04-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Don't forget healing, travelling, sitting in a merchant's line for 5 hours and a plethora of other activities.

Latrinsorm
04-24-2005, 06:43 PM
I like hunting and healing. Maybe someone (Artha) should write (Artha) a Hunting guide (Artha).

Artha
04-24-2005, 07:10 PM
Hunting guide:

1.) Check the beastiary for critters around your level.
2.) Move to the town nearest them.
3.) Make a script to go to their hunting area.
4.) Find them, kill them, search them.
5.) Make a script to go back to town.
6.) Repeat step 4

Raulin
04-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by FinisWolf
My tried and true was buying a single item (the cheapest) from a shop, waiting one minute, moving to the next shop and doing the same. In less then 12 hours, I had citizenship.

Truely works, eh? Cool, I'll try it tonight I've spent 200K trying to gain it. Though it sucks when I already had backroom access to all the shops in the landing, before leaving.