PDA

View Full Version : help with a wedding ring

Valdaef
04-20-2005, 03:50 AM
my Faendryl wizard is getting married on the next wavedancer trip so we are trying to come up with ring ideas. this is what we have so far any advice would be great, thanks alot. an elegant urglaes wedding band set with a Faendryl runed bloodjewel.

FinisWolf
04-20-2005, 03:54 AM
I like to have READable inscriptions on the inner band.

Finis

ElanthianSiren
04-20-2005, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Valdaef
my Faendryl wizard is getting married on the next wavedancer trip so we are trying to come up with ring ideas. this is what we have so far any advice would be great, thanks alot. an elegant urglaes wedding band set with a Faendryl runed bloodjewel.

I'd do it as a short with a show.

-Melissa

HouseofElves
04-20-2005, 01:31 PM
an elegant urglaes wedding ring/band ~ Crafted from jet black urglaes, the thin/thick polished ring/band reflects a muted dark light as it strikes it. The center of the piece is divided by a pale strip of crimson which rises up to support a setting for two vermillion bloodjewels shards. Cut in a rippling wave pattern, the shards lay one over the other, fitting each groove perfectly to the complimenting silver.

Then maybe add a line about inside Faendryl runes can be seen, which I don't really like to do because how can you see inside something if you can read it?

But then Dartoc can do you a read in Faendryl.

ElanthianSiren
04-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by HouseofElves
an elegant urglaes wedding ring/band ~ Crafted from jet black urglaes, the thin/thick polished ring/band reflects a muted dark light as it strikes it. The center of the piece is divided by a pale strip of crimson which rises up to support a setting for two vermillion bloodjewels shards. Cut in a rippling wave pattern, the shards lay one over the other, fitting each groove perfectly to the complimenting silver.

Then maybe add a line about inside Faendryl runes can be seen, which I don't really like to do because how can you see inside something if you can read it?

But then Dartoc can do you a read in Faendryl.

I love everything but the last sentence of that long description. For some reason, it just seems awkward. Has a few punctuation oopsies too, but overall, I love the idea and feel of it.

an elegant urglaes wedding ring/band

Crafted from jet black urglaes, the thin/thick polished ring/band reflects muted dark tones as illumination strikes it. A pale strip of crimson divides the center of the piece, which rises up to support a setting for two vermillion bloodjewels shards. Cut in a rippling wave pattern, the shards overlap each other and interlock, each groove fitting perfectly to the complimentary metal below.

-Melissa
(Just what I'd do to bring out the solved puzzle imagry etc -- again not my idea and a damn good one IMO )

[Edited on Wed, April th, 2005 by ElanthianSiren]

Jolena
04-20-2005, 02:12 PM
Oddly enough, I adore designing items for Gemstone, but when it came to the wedding rings for Jolena and Stunseed, I drew a complete BLANK. I panicked basically. It was like having writers block. Everything I know about designing flew out the window. :lol:

What we ended up doing was having a good friend help us design them. Dartoc made them with inscriptions and we adore them now. What our friend did was ask for a metal that both of us would like to have the rings made from. Then after that he asked each of us privately what color/gem we thought of when thinking of the other. And then asked us each something that we associated with the other (culture/motto/etc). What he came up with was amazing. You might try to go that route when designing yours. That way it's unique to each person and yet still somewhat alike (ie the metal or something)

HouseofElves
04-20-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I just woke up after binge drinking on a Tuesday. <3 college.

And thanks for the help!

AnticorRifling
04-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Nothing says personalized wedding ring like having someone else design it for you.........

Jolena
04-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey now, all our friend did was compose our words into a more eloquent design. We designed our own for the most part.

Divinity
04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, that's what happened with me. I had the idea but couldn't put it to words, so Klaive did the shows from our ideas. I love the alters we made.