PDA

View Full Version : Old harnessed shield

stormcrow
08-31-2021, 01:02 PM
I bought this at Anfelt (maybe another event I'm sure someone will correct me) like 15-20 years ago. I'm not sure how common they are anyhow but I never used it. It's a harnessed shield and I think it's 4x enchanted. I might have enchanted it sometime in the years but who knows. I'm too lazy to check. Anyhow has a few scripts and hopefully someone can make something great out of it.

min bid 1m

a cross-gilt silver tower shield
>cower shield
Dropping to the ground, you pull your silver tower shield on top of your head and lie very still.
P>batter shield
You bang your veil iron longsword against the front of your silver tower shield! ***Clang!***
P>turn shield
You lay your shield across your knees. Unlacing the harness, you carefully inspect the oiled leather straps and floor buckles for signs of wear. Satisfied, you weave the braided leather into the buckles and cinch it tightly.
P>put long in shield
You unbuckle the oiled leather harness of your shield. Carefully, you slide your longsword into the webbing, then cinch it tightly.
P>rub shield
You carefully work the straps holding your longsword in place free so that you can remove it.
P>get long
You reach into the tangle of straps and buckles on your harness and pull out your veil iron longsword.

n the reverse of the shield, a complex webbing of oiled leather straps and polished buckles forms an intricate arm harness. The straps are arranged in a pattern that appears able to secure a weapon within. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Your careful inspection of a cross-gilt silver tower shield allows you to conclude that it is a tower shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand.
You determine that you could wear the shield, slinging it across your shoulders and back. The shield appears to serve some purpose.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of vultite.
You analyze your silver tower shield and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
You get a strong sense that the shield can be altered by any merchant as long as the harness remains in place.
This shield is currently Tier 1 of 2, with access to Rub*, Turn, Cower, and Batter.
*This verb loosens straps to allow access to a stored weapon and will also, if loose, tighten to secure the weapon.
The size of the weapon that can be stored in the shield's harness is dependent on the size of the shield.
You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the silver tower shield for you.