PDA

View Full Version : My Ipod is pissing me off

kheldarin
04-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Whenever I try to connect my Ipod via USB port or with the firewire cable to my computer, it doesn't detect it at all. When I go to Itunes or my computer, my Ipod doesn't show up.

And yeah, I resetted my Ipod, turned into disk mode, and my computer still won't detect it. I even tried it on other computers..

I would reformat my Ipod, but if my computer can't even detect it, how is that possible?

Any of you ever have this problem?

Showal
04-19-2005, 06:11 PM
take it to an apple store near you. That's what I would do.

Latrinsorm
04-19-2005, 06:18 PM
Whap it on the side with a plastic screwdriver then ask a floating box of french fries for help.

Serious suggestion: change the batteries.

edit: and try a different cord

[Edited on 4-19-2005 by Latrinsorm]

Apotheosis
04-19-2005, 06:21 PM
seriously: Buy a macintosh

Nilandia
04-19-2005, 06:32 PM
I have the same problem with my iPod. Got it for Christmas and it won't play any music, just clicks like it's trying to open the file. Also not detected by the computer, no matter what I do with it. I checked the iPod forums and it appears it's not a unique problem. I've tried all the suggested solutions, however, with no success. Nearest store is about 1.5 hours away, so it's gonna be a while before I bring it in.

Nilandia

Bobmuhthol
04-19-2005, 06:49 PM
http://www.netaffilia.com/images/2004/11/25/5684553.gif

Seriously. I think people are lying to me when they say they like their Ipod. I think they just like to buy expensive crap.

Doyle Hargraves
04-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by kheldarin
Whenever I try to connect my Ipod via USB port or with the firewire cable to my computer, it doesn't detect it at all. When I go to Itunes or my computer, my Ipod doesn't show up.

And yeah, I resetted my Ipod, turned into disk mode, and my computer still won't detect it. I even tried it on other computers..

I would reformat my Ipod, but if my computer can't even detect it, how is that possible?

Any of you ever have this problem?

Buy a PSP.

Betheny
04-19-2005, 07:07 PM
My Ipod died a few months ago (For no apparent reason) and I have yet to go get it fixed.

the things are riddled with issues. Can't believe I wasted 300 bucks on the fucking thing.

kheldarin
04-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Nah, I seriously DO like my Ipod. I had it for around 5 months now, and this is the first time something like this happened. I'm one of those people who have over 4000 songs on the computer.

I listen to my Ipod in my car with the monster cable connection, I listen to it when I sleep, when I workout, etc. I never leave home without it, heh. Now you see why I'm stressing so much over this. Especially since I downloaded the White Stripes' new single Blue Orchid..which I can't upload into my Ipod...

Back on the subject, yeah I knew I have to end up bringing it back to the store. It's a damned long drive though.

Toxicvixen
04-19-2005, 07:54 PM
I :heart: my Ipod. So far I haven't had any problems with it, except I lost it for like a month in my completely messy room.

Nilandia
04-20-2005, 12:14 AM
Love my iPod, too, when it works. Play it in the car through the radio, while I'm on the computer, while I'm walking between classes... anytime. I love that thing, and I'm so bummed that it's not working.

Sorry, Bob, but I hate buying expensive stuff. IPod, however, I absolutely adore.

Nilandia

kheldarin
04-21-2005, 12:17 AM
I finally took it to the store today..and they ordered me a new one and it's coming in on Friday.

I get it for free.

Parkbandit
04-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Seriously. I think people are lying to me when they say they like their Ipod. I think they just like to buy expensive crap.

I have 2 of those Bob.. and I can't figure out where to plug in the earphones. Or how to select a song when I'm out jogging. I've tried everything.

Maybe you know something I don't??

;)

Edaarin
04-21-2005, 08:24 AM
This particular one you can buy an MP3 player to go with for like $35. But it eats batteries like a champ.

Rutilcaper
04-21-2005, 09:34 AM
iPods are such pieces of junk.

I, however, have nothing but love for my Dell DJ which has survived being spattered with paint, flying out of the cup holder in the car when I accelerate to fast, falling off the rack at the gym and bouncing around on the treadmill. In the year I've had it my only problem has been that I burn through headphones like every month, but that was happening with CD players too. Now at least I'm not burning through headhpones AND CD players AND batteries.

But seriously, yeah, the thing never leaves my side. School, car, bus, gym, work, walking to a bar. I don't have a lot of mp3s on my computer (just installed iTunes with their stupid m4p crap, thanks for making it a pain in the ass to BUY music, apple) but I've got more than enough CDs to make the 15 gig HD worthwhile. Considering the money I save on CD players and batteries... good deal to me!

Best $~200 I ever spent.

Sorry to hear about all the broken iPods though. :(

Asha
04-21-2005, 09:36 AM
I had to take mine back to the store. For the same reason as you.
But then again , I have a Packard Bell laptop so I'm fucked from the start.

kheldarin
04-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

I have 2 of those Bob.. and I can't figure out where to plug in the earphones. Or how to select a song when I'm out jogging. I've tried everything.

Maybe you know something I don't??

;)

I was thinking the exact same thing..