PDA

View Full Version : Death

IcyPoison
09-20-2003, 07:17 PM
A wolfshade tries to bite you!
AS: +120 vs DS: +113 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +89 = +128
... and hits for 21 points of damage!
Mighty blow cracks several of your ribs.
R> stance def
A wolfshade tries to bite you!
AS: +120 vs DS: +113 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +84 = +123
... and hits for 12 points of damage!
Jarring blow to your back.
The powerful look leaves you.
The dim aura fades from around you.
You feel less confident.
The light blue glow leaves you.
A white glow rushes away from you.
You feel less secure.
The buzz of thoughts in your mind subsides.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...

[Edited on 9-20-2003 by IcyPoison]

IcyPoison
09-20-2003, 07:21 PM
A wolfshade drools with ravenous hunger!
A wolfshade drools with ravenous hunger!
DEAD>
The wolfshade scampers east.
DEAD>
Jadezen just arrived.
DEAD>
Jadezen just went west.
DEAD>
A wolfshade scampers in.
DEAD>
A wolfshade scampers in.

Don't you HATE it when someone just walks bye?

theotherjohn
09-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by IcyPoison

Don't you HATE it when someone just walks bye?

maybe they are a great roleplayer and would would not stop to help you because of your race etc

IcyPoison
09-20-2003, 07:25 PM
DEAD>

Slowly the world begins to dissolve into a grainy montage of color...

[Purgatory]
You find yourself wandering amidst endless streaming light, and vast nothingness. This place feels torn between two prophecies, each vying for your loyalty.
Also in the room: All the spirits of those who could not choose.
Obvious exits: light and darkness.
>

Time seems to have no meaning as you wander aimlessly amidst the uncomfortable tugging for your attention. Hopelessness washes over dreams you once held like the creeping tide of doom.

In time the Goddess Lorminstra finds you wandering the endlessness of Purgatory and says, "For thy deed, my promise to intercede shall be fulfilled." Taking you by the hand, the Goddess leads you back to mortality...

Suddenly you feel an intense pain scorching your very soul! The world of your past suddenly comes rushing back into your memory. You are quite bewildered by what has transpired, but alive...

Adhara
09-20-2003, 07:51 PM
Ouch... not a voln member I take it...

I hate it when people walk by and don't stop. This happens a lot on trails between towns due to travel scripts. I also know that a lot of people don't highlight "the body of" thinking it's only good for clerics. Personally I think everyone should have that and the string where you see LK fade (flask/spell and voln are different strings) highlighted.

Caramia
09-20-2003, 10:44 PM
Having more than two deeds will prevent a one way trip to Purgatory. Having no less than five deeds at all times guarantees you that no one can send you there before you can get to safety or log out, then let the GMs know after things have cooled down.

Ten deeds or more will cover you for most quests or invasions. Twenty deeds means not having to worry for quite a while.

More than twenty deeds means you can be a little bit frivilous and carefree.

Betheny
09-20-2003, 10:48 PM
Twice, today, I've walked past someone when using a travel script. Twice, today, I've stopped that script and walked back to the deader.

It's not that difficult to do...

Adhara
09-20-2003, 11:17 PM
No but I meant that a lot of people start the script and switch windows to say read the PC's most recent posts. Sometimes I do it myself. I'll switch to my excel sheet to see what's in my locker in the town where I am headed. I did add a sound to the dead body string so I wouldn't miss one but I can see how others do.

AnticorRifling
09-21-2003, 02:49 AM
If I'm playing Anticor I will always stop and I take note of who is in the area and if they die I'll go make a quick walk of the hunting grounds.

If I'm playing my rogue and I don't know you I'll let you rot.

Betheny
09-21-2003, 02:51 AM
A lot of times if it's dangerous for me to stop, I'll get to my destination and/or put out a thought that so and so needs help.

StrayRogue
09-21-2003, 10:15 AM
Maimara = Scripting Whore

Betheny
09-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Uh, no.

StrayRogue
09-21-2003, 10:23 AM
Denial. The first sign of guilt.

Betheny
09-21-2003, 10:25 AM
No guilt here, I have travel scripts and a few spell up scripts but zero hunting scripts.

StrayRogue
09-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Maimara, Sarcasm.
Sarcasm, Maimara.

I believe I have introduced you two before.

Betheny
09-21-2003, 10:28 AM
I will pee in your bloody Cheerios, you wonky Brit.

StrayRogue
09-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Cornflakes and Tea, you fool!

Betheny
09-21-2003, 10:31 AM
have some apple juice.

StrayRogue
09-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Go eat a twinky.

Skirmisher
09-21-2003, 11:20 AM
Oh just get a room.

HarmNone
09-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Now, now. No fighting. This is the General Gemstone topic. Everyone knows there are no disagreements generally allowed in GemStone3!

Maybe Caels will open us a special folder in which we can fight it out with one-liners, eh? :D

HarmNone

*Edited because I forgot where I was*

[Edited on 9-21-2003 by HarmNone]

StrayRogue
09-21-2003, 02:52 PM
We are just playing ;) You should read the U2U's of love and desire she sends me.