PDA

View Full Version : 1630 Documentation Released. More of a royal screwjob for Paladins.

Sylph
04-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Judgment (1630)

Mnemonic: JUDGMENT

Duration: Immediate

Type: Attack

A paladin is faced with many trials throughout her life which may force her to judge the condemned. Casting this spell, the paladin calls out to her patron for aid in assisting with the punishment of the unworthy, which results in the manifestation of the deity's influence. This focus serves as a conduit through the paladin, temporarily giving her the ability to punish as she sees fit.

Judgment, a powerful spell based on Casting Strength (CS), has the ability to strike multiple enemies with damage appropriate for the patron deity, and the spell will potentially force them to kneel. A base 3 targets will be struck, with additional targets based on lore knowledge (see below). The spell is group-friendly, but not otherwise player-friendly.

Training in Spiritual Lore, Summoning increases the number of targets by one for every 50 additional skill (not ranks). For example, a paladin with 120 skill can hit 5 targets.

Training in Spiritual Lore, Religion increases the chance that the target will be forced to kneel, if applicable, by 2% per rank. The higher the level of the target versus the caster, the more difficult it is to force them to kneel.

Sylph
04-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Yay... Ass raping us with more lore requirements to make the spell... you know... useful.

hectomaner
04-18-2005, 05:29 PM
i think you are a fucking idiot. stop complaining. its a good spell. so what, 24 ranks of lore for 2 more targets, go cry about it somewhere else.

and religion lore also helps in 1615 so you'll get a bonus for single or mass targeted

Xcalibur
04-18-2005, 05:42 PM
They should remove those new professions.

It's an open door to SO MANY problems..

ElanthianSiren
04-18-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
They should remove those new professions.

It's an open door to SO MANY problems..

I think with IV they should have let whomever wanted to convert, convert to whatever they wanted. -A one chance conversion. The way it works is just like society reset.

Could have just let people convert before stat allocations and made a stipulation that you get one conversion to the profession of your choice, including the new ones. One.

Instead, we have -- you must have 10 ranks of fluffy bunnyness and 12 ranks of seeing through dead people to convert to a savant! It would have further kept people in the game IMO (IV I mean) because of the novelty of playing something else.

-Melissa

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Aren't paladins capable of generating some of the highest AS in the game? Aren't paladin's the ones who get sancted, undroppable, plasma flaring attuned weapons?

Are you seriously complaining?

Dionisius
04-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sylph
Yay... Ass raping us with more lore requirements to make the spell... you know... useful.

Damn right it better require lores. Song of Disruption (1030) is a piece of crap without the proper training so it would be ridiculous if paladins got a powerful spell in the 30th spell slot without having to put any training into it.

[Edited on 4-18-2005 by Dionisius]

Dionisius
04-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Aren't paladins capable of generating some of the highest AS in the game? Aren't paladin's the ones who get sancted, undroppable, plasma flaring attuned weapons?

Not to mention the ability to wear heavy armor, cast in the armor, able to get more redux than any other hybrid profession and they possess one of the most useful spells in the game (Beseech).

As Hobbit Mage said, are you seriously complaining?

[Edited on 4-18-2005 by Dionisius]

Sylph
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
I love how everyone (except Hecto) who posted isn't a paladin.

The class is fucking broken. We have defensive issues; Our power comes in casting behind plate but two stacked minors fucking stop that; Sure we can swing high... but we have NO secondary skills to do so; Yeah... We can beseech but it doesn't have a priority so it can hit your poison before your stun... Wizard enchanted weapons do not gain plasma flares.

We are EXPECTED to tank things like a warrior but to do so loses us our casting ability... We are being forced to train lores which are costly for a profession expected to train like a warrior.

And in Hecto's case... He's just happy to get a spell with multiple targets. Most paladins are willing to drink the poison with the tonic and hope for the best.

I just want the paladin class to be viable in OTF by the time I fucking get there.

So for future reference... Shut your fucking stupid mouth Hecto... I want them to be aware of the problems with the class. 1630 was suppose to help us against sustaining injury against multiple opponents. Now it has a number of multiple opponents in which its 'allowed' to help us against. Thats total and complete bullshit.

Myitkyina
04-18-2005, 07:36 PM
i'm tired of all the paladin whining too... they seem majorly powerful to me too. Despite their newness, they have the most complete spell circle in game. And so what if you don't like one spell? Think clerics like 330? Talk about a totally useless piece of shit. That's on top of not having spells AT ALL for 316, 320, 335, or 340.

Oh, and I love how everyone on the official boards is comparing 1630 to 1030. Try playing a bard, before you talk... yeah, bards have some great perks, but as others have said, they require very careful training (in lores, etc.) and my bard at least doesn't have the mana to keep even a small number of her known spells up. Five songs, max, at 25 trains before the multisong penalty is frying her nerves mid-hunt. And getting stunned at the wrong time (or silenced) means losing her weapon, her armor, and her defensive spells, right when she needs them the most. Wish she could beseach...

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren

I think with IV they should have let whomever wanted to convert, convert to whatever they wanted. -A one chance conversion. The way it works is just like society reset.

Could have just let people convert before stat allocations and made a stipulation that you get one conversion to the profession of your choice, including the new ones. One.

Instead, we have -- you must have 10 ranks of fluffy bunnyness and 12 ranks of seeing through dead people to convert to a savant! It would have further kept people in the game IMO (IV I mean) because of the novelty of playing something else.

-Melissa

Yea, Let me convert, I would have 39 wizards all able to enchant...

... money money mo-n-e-y ... MO-N-EY!

Finis

Sylph
04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
The problem is... Paladins aren't GREAT. They are good because of their physical offensive capabilities.

Their best defensive spell is geared towards shield users. Their defense; Defense... Isn't enough to keep them from sustaining injury. Their plate/semidux is expected to pick up the slack but it just takes the wind out of the sails because then we can't cast.

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

I have been on the fence about converting from the beggining, it would fit Finis's rp of Mr. Rescuer and then he would also actually be able to help too, but I have yet to see proof where a paladin has a higher AS then a warrior.

So, if you know this, would you please point me to the proof. thank you in advance.

Finis

Chadj
04-18-2005, 07:56 PM
<<I have been on the fence about converting from the beggining, it would fit Finis's rp of Mr. Rescuer and then he would also actually be able to help too, but I have yet to see proof where a paladin has a higher AS then a warrior. >>

Chadj had the highest AS that I've seen from anyone in his train.. Including warriors. It was like, 330 self spelled.

Paladins get like, 360 self spelled at Chadj's age.

Sylph
04-18-2005, 07:57 PM
What train Chad? And what training path?

Its not very viable for Paladins to be 2xing CM pre-30... They usually play catch up at older levels.

Chadj
04-18-2005, 07:59 PM

I don't know the training path. I just know this guy had THW and was kickin with a 360 AS

Edaarin
04-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Proof?

Warriors and AS:

2x CM, 2x weapon type, CM skills, one crappy warcry that lasts like a pulse

Paladins and AS:

2x CM, 2x weapon type, CM skills, and AS enhancing spells

It's not that hard a connection to make

Sylph
04-18-2005, 08:04 PM
I tripled to get into full plate in my 40s... so im playing catch up getting 2-3CM a train since then...

My warrior's AS has been out doing my Paladins AS so far...

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Chadj
<<I have been on the fence about converting from the beggining, it would fit Finis's rp of Mr. Rescuer and then he would also actually be able to help too, but I have yet to see proof where a paladin has a higher AS then a warrior. >>

Chadj had the highest AS that I've seen from anyone in his train.. Including warriors. It was like, 330 self spelled.

Paladins get like, 360 self spelled at Chadj's age.

I know Chadj rocked when him and Finis hunted together, and the lil turd was like 20 trains below Finis. But I also know that you understand that I am not just going to jump into the conversion, without some serious thought.

One of the most serious, is Finis getting totally pwned by Sorcerer type spells.

And thanks for the input Chadj, I hadn't thought of it that way.

Finis

Edaarin
04-18-2005, 08:06 PM
I tripled to get into full plate in my 40s...

Dude, my rogue was still in like breastplate at level 80 something...

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 08:07 PM
What train Chad? And what training path?

Its not very viable for Paladins to be 2xing CM pre-30... They usually play catch up at older levels.

I know my train 15 Pali doubles cman... so why isn't it viable?

Finis

Sylph
04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Finis... Paladin's defensive spells are seriously lacking. As a twohanded(polearmer) I felt that full plate was necessary.

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Proof?

Warriors and AS:

2x CM, 2x weapon type, CM skills, one crappy warcry that lasts like a pulse

Paladins and AS:

2x CM, 2x weapon type, CM skills, and AS enhancing spells

It's not that hard a connection to make

Realizing the pali I compared my warrior too may not of been trained correctly...

... BUT! My train 52 warrior was swinging 407, while the train 92 paladin was swinging 411 ... so YES I have doubts... AND I do not use warcries, also I am screwed up voln, opposed to COL.

Finis

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin

I tripled to get into full plate in my 40s...

Dude, my rogue was still in like breastplate at level 80 something...

Rogues cant triple armor either.

Finis

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 08:16 PM
Finis... Paladin's defensive spells are seriously lacking. As a twohanded(polearmer) I felt that full plate was necessary.

Thats really good to know, thank you, though if Finis switched, he would remain OHE/Shield ... so it would be more like something in his life happened to make the conversion make sense to those that rp with him. Especially since as of now, he is like screw the gawds. LOL

Finis

Apotheosis
04-18-2005, 08:23 PM

:cry: :whocares:

Dionisius
04-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Speaking of High AS, I know a paladin that swings 408 self spelled at 32 trainings. Now that is fucking crazy.

Mistomeer
04-18-2005, 08:59 PM
I was fairly certain bards could generate a higher AS easier than paladins. Not to say that Paladins couldn't get it higher, but seriously, 425 + 1007 beats the shit out of 1606 + 1611.
I hardly count zealot because of the restrictions. It can't be cast with the best defensive spell in the circle up, and it forces you into offensive with a DS drop on top of that.

On topic, it looks like a mass 1615, and 1615 is a piece of shit for a 15 mana attack spell.
It only takes about 75 mana to kill something with 1615.

Chadj
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
425 + 1007 gets me to 330 at 40 trains.

Dionisius
04-18-2005, 09:07 PM

Eeww. Are you sure you had the highest AS for your train because I know people who get much higher than that at that point.

[Edited on 4-19-2005 by Dionisius]

Myitkyina
04-18-2005, 09:12 PM
maybe, Mistomeer, but you're talking about really high level bards when you bring in 425... My bard won't have 425 until she's 60. I would guess paladins have the combination you mention at around 11 trains, so it's hardly comparable.

Maybe things even out at those upper levels, and it's possible bards even get the upper hand. I can't really comment on that, because I'm certainly not there.

My bard's AS is 255 with 1007 and wizard strength at 25 trains, 2x edged, 1x CM. She knows 1025 and 401.

04-18-2005, 09:17 PM
They should make the AS boosters for paladins work only if you're in a group, have to sacrifice 63 long-ass ranks in guild training to accomplish, and then top it off with a spoonful of only-works-for-a-pulse while taking RT and runs out shit faster than mana.

Chadj
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Dionisius

Eeww. Are you sure you had the highest AS for your train because I know people who get much higher than that at that point.

Like yours, with all those imbeds? hahaha.

Self spelled means NO OUTSIDE SPELLS. If you are using imbeds, it doesn't count as self spelled.

Fallen
04-18-2005, 10:22 PM
There is a thread named Paladin swings in the Game Balance folder under Creatures and Hunting on the official boards.

Paladins have the highest self-cast swing in the game. No argument about it.

Dionisius
04-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Like yours, with all those imbeds? hahaha.

Self spelled means NO OUTSIDE SPELLS. If you are using imbeds, it doesn't count as self spelled.

Would be nice to use imbeds but I dont have any MIU so thats out the question. I didnt say your AS was low, I just dont believe that Chadj had the highest AS for his train. Not even close to it actually.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-18-2005, 11:36 PM
I love how everyone (except Hecto) who posted isn't a paladin.

Um, I have a paladin. Even titled and everything.

You tripled in armor to be in plate by fourty and are a polearm user and complain about defenses?

Triple a warrior in armor and polearms and tell me what their defenses are at 40.

Xcalibur
04-18-2005, 11:42 PM
Speaking of High AS, I know a paladin that swings 408 self spelled at 32 trainings. Now that is fucking crazy.

How is that possibles?

134 from weapon
35 from col
40 from strength (assuming it's a giant)
33 from cm
10 from 1606
5+ 15 from 1611
10 from 1625
X from weapon's enchant
?

[Edited on 19-4-05 by Xcalibur]

Chadj
04-18-2005, 11:51 PM
<<dionisius>>

Rather than just talk, please prove, thanks.

And I was never claiming to have the highest, just the highest I've seen.

[Edited on 4-19-2005 by Chadj]

Dionisius
04-18-2005, 11:56 PM
<<dionisius>>

Rather than just talk, please prove, thanks.

Maybe you should take your own advice.

And I was never claiming to have the highest, just the highest I've seen.

And I merely said that I have seen higher at that train.

Sylph
04-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Hobbit Mage... Andiago was a warrior. Same training path base. Poles and tripled armor.

It didn't matter what his defense was because he wasn't getting critted, and injuries didn't matter because he didn't have to cast to be 100% effective.

Sylph
04-19-2005, 12:37 AM
Dion... This is 1030 PROPERLY trained for... The character is seven levels lower than Fire Mages.

You weave another verse into your harmony.
CS: +345 - TD: +264 + CvA: +25 + d100: +40 == +146
Warding failed!
A fire mage reels under the force of the sonic vibrations!
Sound waves disrupt for 63 damage!
... 70 points of damage!
The fire mage's midsection swells painfully then bursts, sending the
fire mage everywhere.

The fire mage looks upon you with utter hatred. Flames shoot from her
eyes and engulf you!
... 1 point of damage!
Minor burns to left eye. You blink back the tears.

The fire mage goes limp and she falls over as the fire slowly fades
from
her eyes.
The fire mage no longer bristles with energy.
A fire mage glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding a fire mage suddenly shoot off
in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a fire mage.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a fire mage.
A fire mage appears somehow different.
A fire mage becomes solid again.

CS: +345 - TD: +270 + CvA: +25 + d100: +14 == +114
Warding failed!
Sound waves disrupt for 44 damage!
... 40 points of damage!
The fire mage's left eye boils away, stewing the brain as well.

The fire mage looks upon you with utter hatred. Flames shoot from her
eyes and engulf you!
... 10 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right leg burns skin bright red.

The fire in the fire mage's eyes slowly fades away.

CS: +345 - TD: +270 + CvA: +25 + d100: +37 == +137
Warding failed!
Sound waves disrupt for 58 damage!
... 70 points of damage!
Spine ripped from the fire mage's body and thrown to the ground.

The fire mage looks upon you with utter hatred. Flames shoot from his
eyes and engulf you!
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to head. That hurt a bit.

The fire mage goes limp and he falls over as the fire slowly fades from
his eyes.

No amount of lores could ever make 1630 that good. No amount... We can HIT that many creatures and we might even stun them...or make them kneel.

Chadj
04-19-2005, 12:39 AM
How many ranks of the lore did it take for 1030 to do that much damage? Cause I've NEVER had it do that much, and I used to 1x in the lore.

Sean
04-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Hobbit Mage... Andiago was a warrior. Same training path base. Poles and tripled armor.

It didn't matter what his defense was because he wasn't getting critted, and injuries didn't matter because he didn't have to cast to be 100% effective.

So don't train in spells as a paladin then. What did you really expect a paladin to be? You knew it was going to be a combination of spells and swinging.

Sylph
04-19-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah Tijay... Im going to be 120/1635 and then train a paladin spell every fourth or fifth training untill 90.

Then Address where I am at that point. I want to be able to use my spells to attack but I know that unless we are able to cast through broken arms then we are gunna have problems.

Sylph
04-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Also Chad... Thats 1x'd lores.

The character is like 65 or so...

hectomaner
04-19-2005, 02:22 AM
How many ranks of the lore did it take for 1030 to do that much damage? Cause I've NEVER had it do that much, and I used to 1x in the lore.

66 ranks

Squeeble
04-19-2005, 02:52 AM
XXXXX swings a massive eonake maul at a dhu goleras!
AS: +507 vs DS: +372 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +67 = +244
... and hit for 92 points of damage!
Solid strike caves the dhu goleras's skull in, resulting in instant death!
The dhu goleras opens her mouth wide and lets out a choked, shrill scream and her eyes cloud over to a solid milky white as she collapses and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Self Cast + Wizard Strength + Signs + 4x = 507 AS

Drew
04-19-2005, 03:25 AM
No amount of lores could ever make 1630 that good. No amount... We can HIT that many creatures and we might even stun them...or make them kneel.

As a representative of all rangers (self-appointed) I will gladly trade you 635 for 1630. For just five more mana you can get a spell that is worse than 1630 in almost all respects! But hey, you can keep whining about the least magical semi class having a better spell than their more magical breathen, if you'd like.

Originally posted by Myitkyina

maybe, Mistomeer, but you're talking about really high level bards when you bring in 425... My bard won't have 425 until she's 60. I would guess paladins have the combination you mention at around 11 trains, so it's hardly comparable.

Maybe things even out at those upper levels, and it's possible bards even get the upper hand. I can't really comment on that, because I'm certainly not there.

My bard's AS is 255 with 1007 and wizard strength at 25 trains, 2x edged, 1x CM. She knows 1025 and 401.

On the plus side in about 10 levels your bard will consistently be in the top 3 best classes overall and usually the best all the way to cap.

Edaarin
04-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur

How is that possibles?

134 from weapon
35 from col
40 from strength (assuming it's a giant)
33 from cm
10 from 1606
5+ 15 from 1611
10 from 1625
X from weapon's enchant
?

[Edited on 19-4-05 by Xcalibur]

34 x 2 = 68 ranks, or 168 AS from weapon
34 x 2 = 68 ranks, or 34 AS from CM
35 AS from COL
40 AS from being Giant
50 AS from 10x
25 AS from Paladin spells
10 AS from wspec1
Don't know what other CMANs are available, so I'll just stick 20 more AS in here for the hell of it
15 AS from wizard strength
15 AS from potion

Comes out to 407.

Dionisius
04-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Paladins also have access to surge of strength.

Myitkyina
04-19-2005, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Drew
As a representative of all rangers (self-appointed) I will gladly trade you 635 for 1630. For just five more mana you can get a spell that is worse than 1630 in almost all respects!

No, no, no. You don't want that stinky ranger spell for five extra mana! For the exact same mana cost, I'll trade you 330. Commune with the gods! Exciting and fun! I'm sure I can speak for all clerics on this one--we'd be happy to make the trade.

Edited to add: this extra-special spell requires absolutely no lore training! So I'm sure you'll love it!

[Edited on 4-19-2005 by Myitkyina]

Sylph
04-19-2005, 05:14 AM
We already have 1640... We don't need another worthless high slot spell.

StrayRogue
04-19-2005, 06:26 AM
You're fucking semi's. You're not meant to have omnipotent high level spells. Be greatful you've got the highest AS's in the game, can wear armor and share similar redux as warriors as well as having a decent ability to ward and ward off. Fucking moany bastards.

Parkbandit
04-19-2005, 08:56 AM
LMAO.

Sorry...

Great AS + Plate + redux + spells = A character that even a dumbass can play without a problem.

If you are whining.. you might wanna quit GS now.

FinisWolf
04-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Squeeble
XXXXX swings a massive eonake maul at a dhu goleras!
AS: +507 vs DS: +372 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +67 = +244
... and hit for 92 points of damage!
Solid strike caves the dhu goleras's skull in, resulting in instant death!
The dhu goleras opens her mouth wide and lets out a choked, shrill scream and her eyes cloud over to a solid milky white as she collapses and dies.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Self Cast + Wizard Strength + Signs + 4x = 507 AS

Train? That would help me...

U2U even, I would really like to know, thanks.

Finis

StrayRogue
04-19-2005, 09:36 AM
I think he's 72.

Raulin
04-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm level 24 and swing self cast at an AS 240 as a paladin. I've 3xed all OHE, CM and 2x my shield and armor. I've 1xed my spells to have 20 paladin circle and 4 minor spirit.

How is a 408 possible at 32 trains?

Parkbandit
04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Raulin
I'm level 24 and swing self cast at an AS 240 as a paladin. I've 3xed all OHE, CM and 2x my shield and armor. I've 1xed my spells to have 20 paladin circle and 4 minor spirit.

I'll just throw these methods out for you:

Wizard strength
Pure Potion
COL
10x weapon
Weapon specialization (not sure it's for Paladins)

There are many other rare ways you can get AS boosting as well.. elemental targetting, pheons strength, etc...

hectomaner
04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Raulin

how is 3x ohe and CM possible?

Raulin
04-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by hectomaner

how is 3x ohe and CM possible?

I meant 2x, not 3.

Xcalibur
04-19-2005, 04:34 PM
Surely a madness and 117 with it?

+125 is surely a helper

Sylph
04-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
LMAO.

Sorry...

Great AS + Plate + redux + spells = A character that even a dumbass can play without a problem.

Will all non-paladins(Read: Parkbandit especially) shut the fuck up. Thanks.

Mistomeer
04-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Wait, PB hasn't really even played a Paladin but he's sure it kicks ass?

rofl.

It's not a great as you think it may be at older levels, PB.
MnS doesn't work worth shit in Plate.
The great AS isn't that great when you have to start training in lores
The only badass spells are 1635 and 1625.

Sylph
04-19-2005, 05:11 PM
Mistomeer.... If he didn't have ignorance about the class... then he'd have nothing :\

Alarke
04-19-2005, 05:39 PM
At 80 I have no complaints and 1630 will make any previous issues I had with the class null and void. Solid all around defense, decent TD, great AS, above average redux, and im not bored out of my freaking mind typing, df <critter>, I'll take it.

Sylph
04-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Solid all around defense for a Shield user ... running walls and 1609?

Yeah... I can imagine. Average paladin doesn't have walls.

Axhinde
04-19-2005, 08:27 PM

Is that bug fixed yet? Last I checked it wasn't stacking with the bonus from Sanctify.

hectomaner
04-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Axhinde

Is that bug fixed yet? Last I checked it wasn't stacking with the bonus from Sanctify.

yup

Alarke
04-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Solid all around defense for a Shield user ... running walls and 1609?

Yeah... I can imagine. Average paladin doesn't have walls.
Well then how about we dont jump to conclusions... I dont know 140 OR 1640. There's really no need to become such an ass about this topic because you dont like a profession, just don't play it. I am doing more than fine hunting and have no defense or TD problems. Took me about 3 tries to find a viable hunting path I enjoyed, and from there out I've been happy, just dont try and overdo it.

Parkbandit
04-20-2005, 01:44 PM

LMAO.

Sorry...

Will all non-paladins(Read: Parkbandit especially) shut the fuck up. Thanks.

You assume far too much since I played a paladin prior to me leaving. Falgrin wasn't my only character. I've played every single profession and every race but one.

Like I said.. if you can't play the paladin successfully, you simply suck at gemstone and should quit now. Thanks.

Parkbandit
04-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Mistomeer

rofl.

You assume like some other ass here. Congrats.

Sylph
04-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Well Falgrin... Show me the higher level paladins you've played.

...and Alarke Im such an 'ass' about this because the fucking class has problems. I'd like other people to realize that a huge attack strength and plate doesn't make the class amazing.

and back to Falgrin... Im playing the character just fine.

Parkbandit
04-20-2005, 04:21 PM

...and Alarke Im such an 'ass' about this because the fucking class has problems. I'd like other people to realize that a huge attack strength and plate doesn't make the class amazing.

and back to Falgrin... Im playing the character just fine.

If you were playing the character "just fine", you wouldn't be crying like a hurt school girl who had her milk money stolen from her by the class bully. You could very well have good points, but they get lost with all the tears and soiled panties you shed.

Parkbandit
04-20-2005, 04:26 PM

I don't believe I ever stated that I played a higher level paladin. I believe mine made it to level 18 before I left GS.

Doesn't make me wrong in the way you are presenting yourself on these forums. Look at the title here for crying out loud. Paladins have been out for what now.. 8 months? A year? And all of a sudden, they are being screwed over again and again.

There isn't a character in the game that can't be played effectively. It's all about tactics and not all about running up to any mob that moves and start hacking away at it.

Sylph
04-20-2005, 05:06 PM
PB... You don't honestly thin I don't know that any character can be played and excell?

I think the class has incredible promise but the circle is weak(as it has been) and we have a gem(1635) offset with a total lemon(1630) whereas we needed the lemon to be better... more than the gem to be a gem.

[Edited on 4-20-2005 by Sylph]

Im 'crying' and 'shedding soiled panties' as you say because the spell doesn't address the needs of the class. My training path/character is strong and viable untill I get into places where I can't access. I just don't know how he'll manage in those places. I want my character to have the most help from Simutronics for when I get there.

Dionisius
04-20-2005, 05:18 PM
Blah blah fucking blah

What exactly is the problem with paladins? You bitching about 1630 or just paladins in all? If you feel there is a problem why dont you post a solution?

Remember, your characters abilities are based on how you train them. If you want 1630 to be the greatest attack spell in your arsenal then give up some physical attributes and put them into spell training and lores. Thats how it is for every profession.

You cant have a perfect character you know.

Mistomeer
04-20-2005, 06:29 PM

rofl.

You assume like some other ass here. Congrats.

I was basing it on his post, which said all non paladins...

If you want to say you've played it, cool, but most any class is decent and easy up to 40.
Most of my complaints have to do with issues in the Aqueduct like a room with 5+ creatures and no way to effectively deal with it. That and I think some of the spells are just poorly implemented.

Makkah
04-20-2005, 06:45 PM
This thread is funny. Polearmers in general have DS problems, but they're not bad enough to HAVE to triple armor in order to wear plate at 40.

I'll just mirror everyone else:
Great AS, unique spells, good CMAN, DECENT DS, slightly below great TD, and a partridge in a pear tree. Stop fucking whining and enjoy the game (or quit).

rht

(who has a level 25 paladin, no conversion)

Dionisius
04-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Makkah
This thread is funny. Polearmers in general have DS problems, but they're not bad enough to HAVE to triple armor in order to wear plate at 40.

I'll just mirror everyone else:
Great AS, unique spells, good CMAN, DECENT DS, slightly below great TD, and a partridge in a pear tree. Stop fucking whining and enjoy the game (or quit).

rht

(who has a level 25 paladin, no conversion)

Agreed

Sylph
04-21-2005, 02:36 PM
Dionisis... The circle itself is weak, weak, weak, punctuated by a few strong spells(ala 1625 & 1635) it also has some good ideas floating around (1615 & 1616) but it has some totally useless stuff like (1613 & 1640)...

The circle itself needs immediate attention.

Defensively? All of the spells have capped bonuses from training more(exception 1611) and all of our bonuses from Lores come at a very steep cost. Leaving us with very low defensive help coming from magical means... GENERALLY not enough to make us not sustain injury.

1601 - +5Ds/5TD
1610 - +10ds(+20 capped)
1618 - +15 for group(+20capped) BUT only gets a small bit of that for himself.

Thats ALL paladins get defensively from their circle. +30-35ds and 5td

From Minor circle?
101 - +10boltds/+10TD
103 - +10 Ds
107 - +25boltds/+15TD
120 - +15ds/+20TD

So thats +25 DS coming in from Minor Spirit if he trains to 120(like I have)

Grand total of +60ds with no lore training. Yay.

Rangers.
601 - 10DS
613 - 20ds/20td
640 - +20ds

50ds.
+ 25ds coming from minor spirit. 75ds. K... Not bad. Not overpowering. A little low maybe.

Bards
1003 - 10DS
1010 - 10DS(uncapped 25 at 40ranks, etc)
1019 - 20dodge ranks which is +10ds(Uncapped so again... +20ds at 40 ranks)
1035 - 20dodge ranks which is +10ds

so... roughly... 65ds at 40bard songs.

Minor Elemental?
401 - 5ds/td
406 - 10ds/td
414 - 20ds/15td
430 - 15td/ds(uncapped but eh lets just call it the bard having 430)

115ds O_O

Eh Dunno where I was going with this... I just kinda wanted to see...

Parkbandit
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Most of my complaints have to do with issues in the Aqueduct like a room with 5+ creatures and no way to effectively deal with it. That and I think some of the spells are just poorly implemented.

One hunting area does not a good class make. How would a warrior handle 5+ creatures? A rogue? That's right, they probably wouldn't hunt in an area that swarms like that. Neither should a paladin.

Doesn't make the class broken.

Parkbandit
04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Dionisis... The circle itself is weak, weak, weak, punctuated by a few strong spells(ala 1625 & 1635) it also has some good ideas floating around (1615 & 1616) but it has some totally useless stuff like (1613 & 1640)...

The circle itself needs immediate attention.

Defensively? All of the spells have capped bonuses from training more(exception 1611) and all of our bonuses from Lores come at a very steep cost. Leaving us with very low defensive help coming from magical means... GENERALLY not enough to make us not sustain injury.

1601 - +5Ds/5TD
1610 - +10ds(+20 capped)
1618 - +15 for group(+20capped) BUT only gets a small bit of that for himself.

Thats ALL paladins get defensively from their circle. +30-35ds and 5td

From Minor circle?
101 - +10boltds/+10TD
103 - +10 Ds
107 - +25boltds/+15TD
120 - +15ds/+20TD

So thats +25 DS coming in from Minor Spirit if he trains to 120(like I have)

Grand total of +60ds with no lore training. Yay.

Rangers.
601 - 10DS
613 - 20ds/20td
640 - +20ds

50ds.
+ 25ds coming from minor spirit. 75ds. K... Not bad. Not overpowering. A little low maybe.

Bards
1003 - 10DS
1010 - 10DS(uncapped 25 at 40ranks, etc)
1019 - 20dodge ranks which is +10ds(Uncapped so again... +20ds at 40 ranks)
1035 - 20dodge ranks which is +10ds

so... roughly... 65ds at 40bard songs.

Minor Elemental?
401 - 5ds/td
406 - 10ds/td
414 - 20ds/15td
430 - 15td/ds(uncapped but eh lets just call it the bard having 430)

115ds O_O

How much ds does a warrior get from his/her spells? How about a physical rogue?

Paladin's have the ability to get into plate. Paladin's have access to many Cman's.

Every class has it's weaknesses.. and depending on your training path, those weaknesses can be increased or decreased. If you are saying that Paladin's DS is their glaring weakness, then why are you training yours to use the attack method that offers the least amount of DS?

Eh Dunno where I was going with this... I just kinda wanted to see...

You just want your cake and eat it to. You want to play a character that requires no thought process to play.

Sean
04-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Last I checked you had be 38 to know 1618 and 120 whereas you'd have to be 65 to know 1035 and 430...

Sylph
04-21-2005, 03:15 PM
No Parkbandit... then I'd be a sorcerer.

I choose a path with the least defense but Im training to get the highest defense possible with it(1x dodge, 120, 1630 which means Ive capped all my defensive capabilites from spells). I also don't mind a challenge...

What you don't get Parkbandit... and what ive been barking about...

IS THE CLASS! IS THE CIRCLE!... NOT MY CHARACTER.

My Character is Fine. Im can hunt everywhere I can reach without problems(except Illoke h8 those fuckers)... SO repeat for the 1705 time. My Character is FINE AS IS.

I want the class to move in a positive direction. I don't want the rest of gemstone to say... Waah Plate... WAaah High AS... THEY ARE PWN0RZ NERF THEM! Our circle is ALREADY nerfed. 1630 was the spell that would make or break it... It has a limitation on targets and we can't increase anything on the spells output with lores. So thats a pretty fucking weak spell in my book.

It did not address the classes needs(which was a viable solution to a swarm) and its VERY disappointing that the class wasn't tested enough to see that 1630... even though it helps... does not solve any problems.

Sylph
04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tijay
Last I checked you had be 38 to know 1618 and 120 whereas you'd have to be 65 to know 1035 and 430...

Heheh.... Bards can viably double in spells. Gnimble is 64 and fully doubled in spells... He is 2x weapon, (not sure on 1x or 2x shield) and his armor training is low for a bard but he uses magic first... and hes 1x lore, harness, etc. etc.

So... Hehe!

Paladin cannot double in spells. 27mental(54 for a secondary train or 108 for a 2x training path)

Parkbandit
04-21-2005, 03:31 PM
Hey.. whining worked for bards and sorcerers.. maybe it'll work for your class as well.

We'll have to agree to disagree I imagine. You see paladin's less viable than all the other classes and I don't. I have yet to see anything in your posts to support your argument and more to support mine. You say you have no problem hunting with your character.. then what again is the issue? Because you are missing the 15DS that rangers have over you?

Ability to wear plate > 15 DS

Sylph
04-21-2005, 03:46 PM
Thats what Im hoping about the whining PB.

I think the class is totally viable exception is OTF. When ive got a lvl 100 paladin saying he can't hunt and fry in OTF after hes tried dozens of specs... well... I want the problems fixed by the time I get there.

Mistomeer
04-21-2005, 03:57 PM

One hunting area does not a good class make. How would a warrior handle 5+ creatures? A rogue? That's right, they probably wouldn't hunt in an area that swarms like that. Neither should a paladin.

Doesn't make the class broken.

A warrior would be in full plate, with better redux than a paladin and most likely, more ranks of mstrike. Not the perfect solution, but not terrible either. I think warriors suck post 40 or so anyway, but that's just me.

Alot of rogues have ewave by 80+ trains, plus silent strike. That's two ways of easily dealing with it.

However, if you want to compare Paladins to other semis, such as bards and rangers, we can do that too. Mass calm and spike make it fairly easy for rangers. Ewave and 1030 make it fairly easy for bards.

And for the record, aqueduct is much easier for a swinger than Plane 3 and those are about the only two options.

theotherjohn
04-21-2005, 04:25 PM

I think the class is totally viable exception is OTF. When ive got a lvl 100 paladin saying he can't hunt and fry in OTF after hes tried dozens of specs... well... I want the problems fixed by the time I get there.

if this level 100 paladin had earned the levels instead of switching over then the paly would know how to be a paly and could hunt and fry in OTF

Sylph
04-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Limper is the oldest (started as a paladin) paladin... and hes about 45ish...

So yeah... Theotherjohn... We won't be seeing him in OTF for a while.

StrayRogue
04-21-2005, 04:44 PM
If you think Paladins are underpowered you're an idiot.

Sylph
04-21-2005, 04:45 PM
lol stray... I never said they were underpowered.

Try reading hte thread before posting.

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 04:47 PM
So Callinar and Sabreon are complaining that they can't hunt in OTF properly?

Sylph
04-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Well Callinar is for sale...

Ezre is complaining... and Sabreon... I dunno

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Well, their fault for converting without 100% knowledge of what to expect.

Sylph
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Alarke doesn't have many problems hes saying....

and Wyxer was just bought by Onishark it seems... so hes gungho atm...

Isn't Sabreon and Callinar or whatever the same person? Anyway Callinar on Ebay.

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 04:53 PM
OMFG, I can have r uB3r AS!!111!! I'm going to convert to a paladin! Guess I'm stuck being a worthless low AS bard these days. This post had no meaning and pertains to nothing, so just ignore it.

Parkbandit
04-21-2005, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't classify a class as getting "royally screwed" because 2 people can't hunt in OTF. There are many, many players that suck at hunting... it's not class dependant.

Tactics.

Sylph
04-21-2005, 04:59 PM
PB... Considering there are.... what... how many paladins in OTF? Alarke, Wyxer, Callinar, Sabreon, Ezre... and whoelse?

I dunno probably a few others whom i haven't chatted to...

I haven't been able to talk to Sab/Call but out of the three on that list ive talked to... One doesn't know OTF at all...
and One is lvl 100 and saying the character is good but he can't seem to get a fry because of all the problems he has with the swarming.

I think thats a concern.

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 05:00 PM
and One is lvl 100 and saying the character is good but he can't seem to get a fry because of all the problems he has with the swarming.

Uh, that's what makes OTF OTF. If you can't deal with the swarms, you can't hunt there. That's not profession specific.

Parkbandit
04-21-2005, 05:01 PM
PB... Considering there are.... what... how many paladins in OTF? Alarke, Wyxer, Callinar, Sabreon, Ezre... and whoelse?

I dunno probably a few others whom i haven't chatted to...

I haven't been able to talk to Sab/Call but out of the three on that list ive talked to... One doesn't know OTF at all...

I think thats a concern.

HOLY SHIT, I REMEMBER WHEN HAASHEK AND WARCLAIDHM SAID WARRIORS WERE BROKEN BECAUSE THEY SUCKED AT HUNTING BUT I SIMPLY CHALKED IT UP TO THEM BEING RETARDED!

Like I said.. warrior and rogue would also do poorly in a swarm.. doesn't mean the whole fucking class is broken.

Sylph
04-21-2005, 05:02 PM
but every other class... (with possible exceptions of cleric/empaths for obvious reasons) have a viable way of dealing with swarms.

Paladins still don't.

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Another interesting note, all of those OTF hunting paladins were mentioned... I have not seen any warriors (sans Sabreon when he was one, and Drizzsdt, who's in a category alone) who have *regularly* hunted in OTF over the past year. The number of rogues is a similar amount (Boomsplat and Atlanteax, excluding Tsin who's in the same category as Drizz).

[Edited on 4-21-2005 by Soulpieced]

Sylph
04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
What about Menos, Soulpieced?

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure he just started hunting there, and he most likely does not stay in the main area. So not yet what I would call a regular, per se.

Mistomeer
04-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Well, converting Callinar to Paladin was just dumb, especially when he had Sabreon to convert as well.

I hunt the Aqueduct and don't have all that much trouble. I can fry every hunt. It just sucks not being able to handle swarms. It's a tactic thing. 5 things in one room, move to another. It would have been nice if 1630, the "mass attack" spell, provided Paladins with a good way to handle that situation. Instead, it's more like 319 which kinda neat, but all things considered, not that useful.

StrayRogue
04-21-2005, 05:20 PM
but every other class... (with possible exceptions of cleric/empaths for obvious reasons) have a viable way of dealing with swarms.

Paladins still don't.

Explain how rogues do.

Mistomeer
04-21-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Paladins still don't.

Explain how rogues do.

Silent strike beats swinging in the open.
A rogue having ewave at 80+ trains isn't so tough.

StrayRogue
04-21-2005, 05:25 PM
As Sylph has been saying, try doing it before talking about it. Silent Strike isn't reliable. Ewave also means you'll need brig. I'm not saying they can't deal with swarms, but I find it amusing he bitches about us "don't knock it til you try it", when he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about.

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 05:27 PM
It's somewhat surprising that the professions I've seen least hunting in OTF in the following order from sparse to the least hunted profession: empath/ranger (still FAR ahead of the next two), rogue, warrior.

[Edited on 4-21-2005 by Soulpieced]

Dionisius
04-21-2005, 05:40 PM

Paladins still don't.

1630 + mstrike (if the paladin has it) + 1630 again (if needed) then hack away. Very effective.

Syberus
04-21-2005, 05:42 PM
So you have about 5 Paldins hunting OTF, some of which for sale, all of them converted and you worry because a couple of them have problems with the area? This translates to the class being broken?

Dionisius
04-21-2005, 05:55 PM

Paladins still don't.

Effective ways for a Paladin to deal with a swarm:

1. Mstrike (if the paladin has it)
2. 1630 (good amount of damage and can be devestating coupled with mstrike)
3. 1614 (can make critters and people kneel and be immobilized. Sort of like mass bind. Can even pull critters out of hiding)

Effective ways for a bard to deal with a swarm:

1. 1030 (good damage ONLY IF properly trained to use this spell)
2. ewave (critters tend to get up after they have been ewaved so the bard will have to ewave more than once)
3. mstrike

Seems Paladins can effectively deal with a swarm to me. Maybe its just the way YOU train your paladin.

Just find a viable training path and keep in mind that you cant have an all powerful character. If anything Paladins are one of the best classes in GS4. They arent really hybrids, more like a mixture of a warrior and a hybrid.

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Just find a viable training path and keep in mind that you cant have an all powerful character.

Well, until you have ridiculous gear and training WELL beyond level 100... :smilegrin:

Dionisius
04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Let me rephrase my sentence...

Just find a viable training path and keep in mind that you cant be soulpieced.

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Precisely.

Mistomeer
04-21-2005, 06:15 PM

Effective ways for a Paladin to deal with a swarm:

1. Mstrike (if the paladin has it)

Opening up and swinging with a 9 sec Rt with everything mobile will just end your hunt. You're not going to hit it all, much less stun it all.

2. 1630 (good amount of damage and can be devestating coupled with mstrike)

1630 is a piece of shit for swarm control. Say you got 3 targets, and there's 5 creatures in the room. Of the 3 that it goes against, you'll probably miss one, and of the ones you hit, you're probably only going to stun one. So that's one creature for 30 mana that's down for a bit.

3. 1614 (can make critters and people kneel and be immobilized. Sort of like mass bind. Can even pull critters out of hiding)

1614 is nothing like bind.
The kneeling from 1614 is age based, so if you're hunting like aged, they're not going to kneel. So all you're left with is the DS drop, which isn't that useful to lower DS in a swarm. Say you drop everything's DS by 50 and then mstrike. Well, everything is still mobile so while you're in RT from the mstrike, you're going to get smacked.

Paladins aren't the worst class ever, but when you look beyond 1635 and 1625, they're not all that great. The AS isn't that important when you hunt things that self-cast WoF or have defensive DS over 500.

TheRoseLady
04-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Well, until you have ridiculous gear and training WELL beyond level 100... :smilegrin:

Let's hope that they don't have an ego so huge that they have to point it out every other day.

Dionisius
04-21-2005, 06:33 PM
By mistomeer-
Opening up and swinging with a 9 sec Rt with everything mobile will just end your hunt. You're not going to hit it all, much less stun it all.
---

Again, find a viable training path that works. You dont have to mstrike in 9 seconds.

Mistomeer----
1630 is a piece of shit for swarm control. Say you got 3 targets, and there's 5 creatures in the room. Of the 3 that it goes against, you'll probably miss one, and of the ones you hit, you're probably only going to stun one. So that's one creature for 30 mana that's down for a bit.
------

I'll say it AGAIN, find a viable training path. You can put some lores into your training to make 1630 damn good but you choose not to. Its your fault if its a piece of shit.

Mistomeer-----
1614 is nothing like bind.
-----

I know, its better.

Mistomeer-------
The kneeling from 1614 is age based, so if you're hunting like aged, they're not going to kneel. So all you're left with is the DS drop, which isn't that useful to lower DS in a swarm. Say you drop everything's DS by 50 and then mstrike. Well, everything is still mobile so while you're in RT from the mstrike, you're going to get smacked.
--------

That spell does work against like critters and if the swarm is too much for you, why not just leave? The only profession I know of that can truly deal with an entire swarm effectively without any training is wizards (cone of lightning) and clerics (divine fury).

Mistomeer------
Paladins aren't the worst class ever, but when you look beyond 1635 and 1625, they're not all that great. The AS isn't that important when you hunt things that self-cast WoF or have defensive DS over 500.
-----------

The armor makes up for the 15 DS you all are bitching about.

BTW, I would have used the quote option but I completely screwed up my post when I did. lol

[Edited on 4-21-2005 by Dionisius]

Soulpieced
04-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Unlikely.

Sylph
04-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Dion... You have got to be kidding me.

1614 is NO WHERE NEAR as good as bind.

It only have the 'hold effect' on things MUCH younger than you are. It just mass lowers defense(and I think it gives a slow effect as well). On LIKEAGE creatures... 1614 has never shown a 'hold effect for me' unless ive just been hunting shit that can't be bound it doesn't work that like.

I'd take Bind over 1614... ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Now... 1630. No matter HOW MUCH LORE i train... It will never increase its damage, crittability or anything. I haven't seen many stuns from it so far on likeage creatures. Sure, it gets the critter to kneel... then they just stand right back up.

Summoning Lore ONLY *ONLY* increases the amount of creatures that it can hit. Religion will increase KNEELING.

Now... You are telling us that 1630 is awesome if you train lores so its our fault that our 1630 sucks. Yet you say 1030 is shit unless you train properly...
What the fuck are you trying to say?

At least earlier when I was talking about 1030 I showed that it can be nasty when trained properly and 1630 will never do anything but 'hit more creatures'.

[Edited on 4-21-2005 by Sylph]

Sylph
04-21-2005, 07:32 PM
Yeah ... Again... I was right about a paladin spell and Dion was wrong...

"Against like-level foes, this spell causes 10% generic Defense Strength (DS) decrease calculated from the target's current stance. When cast against targets significantly lower in level than the Paladin, the spell may cause the target to kneel and/or become immobile. Those targets that are able to move will suffer a slow effect."

Yup... Better than Bind.

Artha
04-21-2005, 07:39 PM
If you're capable of generating one of the highest ASes in the game, you don't need bind.

Parkbandit
04-22-2005, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by StrayRogue

Paladins still don't.

Explain how rogues do.

Silent strike beats swinging in the open.
A rogue having ewave at 80+ trains isn't so tough.

Silent strike has a pretty high rate of misfire.. especially against like level critters.

Most rogues at level 80 do not have ewave.

My heart really bleeds for the poor, poor paladins that can cast in plate and have the best AS in the game, yet can't kill an entire swarm. I have changed my mind.. they are broken and need fixing immediately. Also, this just in.. Warriors are now fucked.. as are clerics, rogues and empaths. Please give each of these classes a powerful implosion or cone spell because there is no way they can hunt otf without it.

:rolleyes:

Sylph
04-22-2005, 02:48 PM
The point you seem to be missing Falgrin... is that a paladin with no mass control spell or attack spell has to face a swarm LIKE a warrior. Now... They don't have the defensive spells to not sustain injury.

Two stacked minors and a minor on the other arm = Hunt over because We can't cast anymore.

Thats the biggest problem. Three injuries can take our strengths away... yet... Our defensive spells are set up in a manner in which we'll HAVE to take those three injuries.

StrayRogue
04-22-2005, 02:53 PM
The same can happen to rogues, empaths and clerics.

Just don't go into swarms...

Sylph
04-22-2005, 02:55 PM
hmm... I don't have 1635 yet... Anyone know if we can BESEECH with that 'no dexterous move thingy'?

I imagine that it works through that....

Dionisius
04-22-2005, 03:10 PM
hmm... I don't have 1635 yet... Anyone know if we can BESEECH with that 'no dexterous move thingy'?

I imagine that it works through that....

You SUCK at making a point.

Sylph
04-22-2005, 03:22 PM
and you SUCK at life. :thumbsdown:

Parkbandit
04-22-2005, 03:34 PM
The point you seem to be missing Falgrin... is that a paladin with no mass control spell or attack spell has to face a swarm LIKE a warrior. Now... They don't have the defensive spells to not sustain injury.

Two stacked minors and a minor on the other arm = Hunt over because We can't cast anymore.

Thats the biggest problem. Three injuries can take our strengths away... yet... Our defensive spells are set up in a manner in which we'll HAVE to take those three injuries.

I really have to laugh right in your face. Hold on:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

You have heard of DEFENSIVE STANCE, right? And what fucking all powerful spell does the warrior have against that same swarm? OH THAT'S RIGHT, HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE EITHER! And what again does the rogue have? The empath? Even a cleric has a real shitty spell against a swarm.. so include them in as well.

If paladin's biggest problem is that they can't handle a swarm of 5 very well.. welcome to the same boat many classes are in. Boo hoo.

Sylph
04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Pb. Warrior's don't have to cast to be effective.

Swinging at something puts you in offensive for said number of seconds... unless you recall.

A rogue can easily use a very fast weapon and annihilate creatures. They can also wear plate... they can also hide, cast ewave(most do), and they swing very high as well.

An empath can heal themselves down easily and should be lucky that they have a spell that can be used to hunt with... They generally were pegged as just HEALING(go figure.)

Paladins can't take the injuries nor have any magical means to help them...

It seems silly to you because you fucking don't play anymore but its a genuine concern for higher level paladins.

Sean
04-22-2005, 04:46 PM
There are other stances between offensive and defensive.

Additionally rangers, bards, clerics, wizards, and sorcerers all deal with injuries the same way paladins have to.

[Edited on 4-22-2005 by Tijay]

Parkbandit
04-22-2005, 04:57 PM

How are they more effective at swinging a weapon than a paladin again? Oh that's right, they aren't. A paladin doesn't have to cast to be effective either. Most of their spells are already on them when they go out to hunt. They don't have to put up their defensive spells everytime they see a new critter. I thought you said you played a paladin? Weird.

Swinging at something puts you in offensive for said number of seconds... unless you recall.

Same problem as every other swinging class. Please have a point.

A rogue can easily use a very fast weapon and annihilate creatures. They can also wear plate... they can also hide, cast ewave(most do), and they swing very high as well.

So all rogues wear plate and cast ewave. That must be a fucking real trick because I thought it was next to impossible. And a rogue will still not outswing a paladin. If a rogue can swing a fast weapon.. a paladin can't? Again, no point.

An empath can heal themselves down easily and should be lucky that they have a spell that can be used to hunt with... They generally were pegged as just HEALING(go figure.)

I'll actually give you the point about they were pegged as just healing.. if this were GS3. Since they are now pseudo sorcerers in GS4, you don't have a point at all. Granted, they can heal.. but so can a paladin with an herb. Zero point once again.

Paladins can't take the injuries nor have any magical means to help them...

A complete regurgetation of no point.

It seems silly to you because you fucking don't play anymore but its a genuine concern for higher level paladins.

No, it seems silly to me because you have yet to provide anyone with why paladins are once again given the royal screw over. It seems silly to me that you are debating that a class is weak because their only weakness is that they cannot handle a swarm of critters that half of the classes couldn't. It seems silly to me that you have gone on for this long and have not grasped the common theme that paladins are not the only class that have trouble dealing with swarms. It seems silly that I have to continue to repeat the same things to you, yet you are incapable of understanding them. It seems silly that I have to continue to repeat the same things to you, yet you seem uncapable of understanding them.

Sylph
04-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Well Parkbandit...

Rogues can swing those very fast weapons because they AMBUSH.

Paladins best combat spell is 1609... Shield Paladins will have to cast 1609 a few times a hunt. So ... yeah.

1615/1614/1630/1602/1603 are all spells that might wish be used during a hunt.

Last I checked... Not all rogues wear plate.

Anyway... Its useless trying to argue with you because you just can't get past your bias; I can't get past mine. So... Heh...

Its broken down from the fact that the spell is totally lacking to you trying to just argue.

Xcalibur
04-22-2005, 06:00 PM
It's like wanting to be cool with your JAGUAR and put DIESEL in it as a form of gas.

If you generate a REALLY high as, you need to use it to your advantage, so use a HIGH DF weapon.

If you want to be safe, then you use a shield because some of your spells help the use of the shield.

You lose some advantage of your high as, still.

That's like being a giantman warrior with a bounding dagger VS a halfling bard with a lance.

If you want to win HARD, play HARD.

Dionisius
04-22-2005, 06:13 PM
and you SUCK at life. :thumbsdown:

I was thinking about saying that but I thought it was too cheesy since everyone uses that line. Your come backs are just as well thought out as your regular posts on this thread.

Myitkyina
04-22-2005, 06:52 PM
And what fucking all powerful spell does the warrior have against that same swarm? OH THAT'S RIGHT, HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE EITHER! And what again does the rogue have? The empath? Even a cleric has a real shitty spell against a swarm.. so include them in as well.

If paladin's biggest problem is that they can't handle a swarm of 5 very well.. welcome to the same boat many classes are in. Boo hoo.

Right... and with the changes to MOC, let's review the other advantage paladins have for dealing with swarms:

Profession: MOC Training Costs:
Paladin--5/2
vs. other professions with no swarm spell:
Warrior--4/3 (about the same)
Rogue--10/3 (worse)
Empath--15/10 (much worse)
Cleric--15/8 (much worse)
vs. other semi professions:
Bard--7/3 (little worse)
Ranger--10/4 (worse)

Also, if you can't afford some lore by the time you hit OTF, something is wrong with your training plan. Lore is absolutely essential for the two professions I play--my cleric 2xs it and my bard 1.5xs it.

:violin:

StrayRogue
04-22-2005, 07:13 PM

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. How in fucking Hades can a rogue cast ewave while in plate? Stop talking about a hunting ground you've never visited or even know about.

Sylph
04-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Funniest part of that Stray... Is that Ive hunted OTF... The main area...

So... Yeah... You are the master of arguing! :up:

Jolena
04-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Ya know, I've been reading this thread while trying to be as objective as possible about Paladins and their 'royal screwjob'. But at this point, it has become so ridiculous when the subject of rogues came up that I had to speak up.

I have a rogue and she's in BRIG (no plate imagine that), she has NO spells (wow, what a shocker!), she swings a falchion based weapon (wow, 6 seconds to swing, THAT's fast uh huh!) and she has the capability and DOES handle swarms on a regular basis. Both alone and with company. I should point out when she's got company with her it's usually only one person, a ranger, who I might add isn't a casting ranger while he's hunting.

Your arguments sylph about how paladins can't take their own wounds, can't handle swarms, can't swing weapons quicker like rogues, etc, is completely ridiculous.

Paladins CAN carry herbs to heal themselves so they don't get in the position that they can't cast. (hell even my wizard does that, it's common sense really if you rely on casting to hunt) Paladins were never meant to rely on casting to hunt anyhow, from what I've discerned. They are supposed to be a very physical class.

Paladins can use faster swinging weapons such as daggers and the likes. And guess what? Paladins can train in ambush as well. Yes, it's more expensive then it is for a rogue, but it boils down to what you want to do for your character and that would include (gasp!) choosing what you wish to sacrifice for your training.

Paladins can train in mstrike just like my rogue has, and yes it takes 9 seconds to swing at so many critters in the room, but it's no different from what any other character has to go through to mstrike. Boo fucking hoo. I'm sorry no sympathy.

I think paladins just like every other class could definately use some tweaking, but for you to come on here and use such lame ass reasons for them to need tweaking as you have (in regards to the other classes and their supposed advantages over yours) is just ridiculous. Please. Do us all a favor and come up with something else.

StrayRogue
04-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Funniest part of that Stray... Is that Ive hunted OTF... The main area...

So... Yeah... You are the master of arguing! :up:

Really. Whats the name of your rogue, empath, and cleric that hunts OTF? I'd love to know where you're getting your info from is all.

Now what IS funny is how you IGNORE everyone's counterpoints to your fucking retarded arguments.

Heres the deal: Some of us have no problems hunting. Some of us don't need full spellups and a slave wizard following us around to hunt. Some people, the slow minded and slow fingered, do.

Onishark
05-07-2005, 05:52 PM
>and Wyxer was just bought by Onishark it seems... so hes gungho atm...

Seems?

Where do you guys get these crazy thoughts?

I've NEVER bought a single character in my life.

I've did some lvl'n jobs on some rifters.

Wyxer's a good friend, you probably saw'm kill someone after they got me. I guess you wanna claim Kryblue is me too? Or Reltov? or Wharton? Or BhuryN? Or Sandlot? Or Gondolion? Guess I could keep goin on and on...

AestheticDeath
06-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Just thought I would post this for fun... You guys were talking about capped paladins not doing well in OTF... Granted he is not alone, but eh....

An Ithzir herald strolls north, humming softly to herself.
[Script]>A war griffin flies east.
[Script]>Sabreon's group just arrived.
[Script]>look[Old Ta'Faendryl, West]
The sound of running water can be heard to the north. A narrow road also leads to the east, past the time-blasted remains of roofless stone buildings. You also see some silver coins, a curved silvery blade, a piece of rose quartz and a gleaming steel broadsword.
Also here: Mistros, Sabreon
Obvious paths: north, east, southeast
[Script]>A greater construct stomps in.
[Script]> * Isolt returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Sabreon reaches down and tenderly cradles your lifeless hand in his.
[Script]>Sabreon appears to be preparing to attempt dragging you.
[Script]>'hiyaYou say, "Hiya."
[Script]>Mistros traces a simple rune while intoning a short, mystical phrase...
[Script]>Mistros gestures.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from Mistros.
A greater construct is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
[Script]> * Omnitrunks returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Sabreon says, "Hello."
[Script]> * Asrak returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
An Ithzir seer walks in, calmly surveying the surroundings.
[Script]>Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at a greater construct!
AS: +633 vs DS: +449 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +74 = +290
... and hits for 69 points of damage!
Crack to the head swells eye shut.
The shimmering gold aura surrounding the greater construct flickers momentarily.
[Script]>A greater construct rises slowly until it towers overhead once more.
[Script]>Mistros traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
[Script]>Mistros gestures at an Ithzir seer.
CS: +523 - TD: +424 + CvA: +19 + d100: +81 == +199
Warding failed!
... and hits for 29 points of damage!
An Ithzir seer is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 70 points of damage!
Fire completely surrounds an Ithzir seer. Blood boils and heart stops.
The Ithzir seer sneers, "Urok vas derop tal kalissar kamath," then collapses.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir seer.
The Ithzir seer no longer bristles with energy.
The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
An Ithzir seer seems to lose an aura of confidence.
[Script]>A war griffin soars in.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir seer.
Mistros gathers the remaining coins.
An Ithzir seer's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]>An Ithzir janissary strides in, surveying the surroundings alertly.
[Script]>Mistros traces a simple rune while intoning a short, mystical phrase...
An Ithzir janissary is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
A greater construct is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
[Script]> * Galdrus returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
* Jestine joins the adventure.
Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at a greater construct!
AS: +633 vs DS: +238 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +65 = +492
... and hits for 166 points of damage!
Powerful slash leaves the greater construct without a left leg!
The shimmering gold aura surrounding the greater construct fades and goes out.
[Script]>A war griffin swoops down from high overhead!
A war griffin rakes at Mistros with a razor-sharp claw!
AS: +445 vs DS: +664 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +29 = -155
A clean miss.
A war griffin rakes at Mistros with a razor-sharp claw!
AS: +445 vs DS: +664 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +3 = -181
A clean miss.
[Script]>Mistros traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
[Script]>Mistros gestures at a war griffin.
CS: +523 - TD: +436 + CvA: +25 + d100: +24 == +136
Warding failed!
A war griffin shudders and twists in intense pain!
The sound of running water can be heard to the north. A narrow road also leads to the east, past the time-blasted remains of roofless stone buildings. You also see an Ithzir janissary that is lying down, a violet sapphire, a twisted crystal-tipped staff, a war griffin that is flying around, a greater construct that is lying down, a curved silvery blade, a piece of rose quartz and a gleaming steel broadsword.
[Script]> * Higher joins the adventure.
Mistros traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
Mistros gestures at a greater construct.
CS: +523 - TD: +398 + CvA: +25 + d100: +71 == +221
Warding failed!
... and hits for 30 points of damage!
A greater construct is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 30 points of damage!
Extreme heat causes a greater construct's left arm to expand and snap. That must hurt!
... 65 points of damage!
Frigid blast renders the greater construct's right hand useless - missing even!
... 65 points of damage!
Hideously bright electrical bolt sends right leg into another universe. Happy traveling.
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to abdomen!
[Script]> * Debia returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
* Bulwark returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Mistros traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
CS: +523 - TD: +398 + CvA: +25 + d100: +58 == +208
Warding failed!
... and hits for 24 points of damage!
... 60 points of damage!
Flame consumes a greater construct's right arm all the way to the shoulder.
... 30 points of damage!
Freezing blast opens a gaping hole in the greater construct's chest!
... 30 points of damage!
Stunning arc of electricity fuses left arm at elbow.
... 35 points of damage!
Massive blow to left hand crushing it to pulp!
Cracks begin to snake across the greater construct's skin as its movement completely ceases.
[Script]>Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at a war griffin!
AS: +633 vs DS: +307 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +50 = +413
... and hits for 190 points of damage!
Eye crushed by a hard blow to the face!
[Script]>Mistros searches a greater construct.
A greater construct's body crumbles until only a pile of rubble marks its remains.
[Script]>An Ithzir herald strolls in, humming softly to herself.
[Script]>Mistros gestures at a war griffin.
CS: +523 - TD: +436 + CvA: +25 + d100: +22 == +134
Warding failed!
A war griffin shudders and twists in intense pain!
The war griffin crashes to the ground, motionless.
[Script]>l sabYou see Sabreon Dragorth the Dreadnaught.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He appears to be mature and tall. He has piercing crystal green eyes and ashen skin. He has short, thick dark brown hair swept back from the temples. He has a narrow face, a small nose and an a small diagonal scar running from his left eye to the bridge of his nose.
He has a a glaes-inlaid thick black pipe clenched between his teeth.
He has a fractured and bleeding right leg, some minor cuts and bruises on his left leg, deep lacerations across his abdominal area, and some minor cuts and bruises on his left arm.
He has a scar across his neck, old battle scars on his left leg, old battle scars on his left hand, an old battle scar across his abdominal area, and a scar across his face.
He is bleeding from the right leg, and from the abdomen.
He is holding a dark vultite Faendryl-style executioner's axe with a forged griffin's head pommel in his right hand.
He is wearing a black mithril-scaled helm crested with a single crimson plume, an imperial black half cape, some knuckled iron-plated gloves, a silvery service medal, a gilded eahnor campaign pin, a silver-bladed dagger medallion, a black regal griffin insignia, a platinum insignia, a twisted platinum and rhimar band inset with a cluster of black diamonds, a steel-clasped rugged leather combat case protected by blade-scarred veil iron plates, some hardened black Faendryl armor etched with a dragonmist crystal-eyed, white griffin silhouette across the chest, a pair of darkened invar armguards with intricate black griffin heads resting atop the hinges, a gold ring, a polished platinum war horn, a small shadowy black velvet pouch, some sleek black leather pants buttoned by wraith talons, a pair of darkened invar leg greaves with intricate griffin heads resting atop at the flex points, and some black mithril-plated boots.
[Script]>Mistros picks up an emerald.
[Script]>Mistros put an emerald in his leather gem pouch.
[Script]>Mistros searches a war griffin.
The war griffin decays into a pile of feathers and fur.
[Script]>Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at an Ithzir janissary!
The Ithzir janissary rolls to one side and deflects the attack with her shield!
[Script]>Mistros picks up a star sapphire.
[Script]>Mistros put a star sapphire in his leather gem pouch.
Mistros gestures at an Ithzir janissary.
CS: +523 - TD: +353 + CvA: -2 + d100: +74 == +242
Warding failed!
... and hits for 31 points of damage!
An Ithzir janissary is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames burn hole in chest exposing ribs!
... 20 points of damage!
The Ithzir janissary grimaces as the frigid attack fractures her left wrist.
... 15 points of damage!
Heavy shock to abdomen blackens skin. Ick.
... 25 points of damage!
Strong blow to back!
[Script]>An Ithzir herald reaches down and jerks an Ithzir janissary upright.
[Script]> * Bulwark joins the adventure.
Mistros appears to be preparing to attempt dragging you.
CS: +523 - TD: +353 + CvA: -2 + d100: +76 == +244
Warding failed!
A dull grey beam snakes out toward the Ithzir janissary!
... 90 points of damage!
... 60 points of damage!
Vicious blast turns vital organs into fine red powder, leaving the Ithzir janissary with an empty feeling inside.
The Ithzir janissary falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir janissary.
An Ithzir janissary's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]>An Ithzir scout fades into view while striking!
An Ithzir scout swings a gleaming steel broadsword at Mistros!
Mistros barely dodges the attack!
[Script]>Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at an Ithzir herald!
AS: +633 vs DS: +377 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +46 = +341
... and hits for 160 points of damage!
Slash strikes the Ithzir herald's right eye.
Seems there was a brain there after all.
The Ithzir herald falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves an Ithzir herald.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
The silvery luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
The bright luminescence fades from around an Ithzir herald.
[Script]>Mistros picks up a dragon's-tear ruby.
[Script]>Mistros put a dragon's-tear ruby in his leather gem pouch.
The sound of running water can be heard to the north. A narrow road also leads to the east, past the time-blasted remains of roofless stone buildings. You also see an Ithzir scout, a polished steel shield, a spiral-hafted handaxe, an Ithzir herald that appears dead, a violet sapphire, a twisted crystal-tipped staff, a curved silvery blade, a piece of rose quartz and a gleaming steel broadsword.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir herald.
An Ithzir herald's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]>An Ithzir scout swings a gleaming steel broadsword at Mistros!
AS: +412 vs DS: +662 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +23 = -194
A clean miss.
Mistros gestures at an Ithzir scout.
CS: +523 - TD: +351 + CvA: +9 + d100: +24 == +205
Warding failed!
A dull grey beam snakes out toward the Ithzir scout!
... 69 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Deep hole created in chest, removing several useful arteries!
Blood gushes wildly!
The Ithzir scout is stunned!
[Script]>Sabreon concentrates deeply for a moment.
[Script]>Sabreon looks tense and ready for action.
[Script]>Sabreon is trying to drag you. If you want to prevent this type "GROUP CLOSE".
Sabreon and Mistros grab you and drag you southeast.
[Old Ta'Faendryl, West]
A high mound of earth has accumulated here in a corner of the outer wall, burying all remains of the structures that once occupied this section of the city. The ground is lumpy and uneven, dips and valleys in the surface hinting at structures buried deep beneath the soil.
Obvious paths: east, northwest
[Old Ta'Faendryl, West]
A high mound of earth has accumulated here in a corner of the outer wall, burying all remains of the structures that once occupied this section of the city. The ground is lumpy and uneven, dips and valleys in the surface hinting at structures buried deep beneath the soil.
[Script]>Sabreon is trying to drag you. If you want to prevent this type "GROUP CLOSE".
Sabreon and Mistros grab you and drag you east.
[Old Ta'Faendryl, West]
The ground here is uneven, liberally littered with stones and blocks that have fallen from the surrounding building walls. Flaked off bits and pieces of granite have been ground into the dirt by the long term pressure of passing hooves, feet and paws. You also see an Ithzir janissary and a spiral-hafted handaxe.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, west
[Old Ta'Faendryl, West]
The ground here is uneven, liberally littered with stones and blocks that have fallen from the surrounding building walls. Flaked off bits and pieces of granite have been ground into the dirt by the long term pressure of passing hooves, feet and paws. You also see an Ithzir janissary and a spiral-hafted handaxe.
Obvious paths: northeast, southeast, west
[Old Ta'Faendryl, West Market]
A recessed alcove in the city wall shelters a large thorny bush within its darkened depths. Sharply tipped branches jut out away from the wall and clutch at the clothes of passing travelers like the fingers of an inept cutpurse reaching brazenly from the shadows. You also see an Ithzir adept, a greater construct and a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
Obvious paths: southeast, northwest
A recessed alcove in the city wall shelters a large thorny bush within its darkened depths. Sharply tipped branches jut out away from the wall and clutch at the clothes of passing travelers like the fingers of an inept cutpurse reaching brazenly from the shadows. You also see an Ithzir adept, a greater construct and a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
A greater construct reaches over and grasps you by the neck preventing you from being dragged anywhere.
[Script]> * Takkyn joins the adventure.
Sabreon is trying to drag you. If you want to prevent this type "GROUP CLOSE".
[Script]> * Apparitia returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
An Ithzir adept is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
[Script]> * Kcorlee returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at an Ithzir adept!
AS: +648 vs DS: +415 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +18 = +289
... and hits for 126 points of damage!
Weak diagonal slash catches the Ithzir adept's left knee!
It is dislocated.
The Ithzir adept is stunned!
[Script]> * Ashren returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Mistros gestures at an Ithzir adept.
CS: +523 - TD: +422 + CvA: +19 + d100: +25 == +145
Warding failed!
... and hits for 22 points of damage!
An Ithzir adept is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 35 points of damage!
Several fingers consumed from left hand. The rest are unusable.
... 60 points of damage!
The Ithzir adept drops in her tracks as the bitter cold freezes her lungs solid!
The Ithzir adept vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The Ithzir adept no longer bristles with energy.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding an Ithzir adept suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves an Ithzir adept.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around an Ithzir adept.
An Ithzir adept becomes solid again.
The silvery luminescence fades from around an Ithzir adept.
The shimmering multicolored sphere fades from around an Ithzir adept.
The bright luminescence fades from around an Ithzir adept.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir adept.
An Ithzir adept's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]>Crackling and popping comes from a greater construct as the golden aura surrounding it flares higher.
[Script]>Mistros picks up a small statue.
[Script]>Mistros put a small statue in his alchemist satchel.
[Script]>look[Old Ta'Faendryl, West Market]
A recessed alcove in the city wall shelters a large thorny bush within its darkened depths. Sharply tipped branches jut out away from the wall and clutch at the clothes of passing travelers like the fingers of an inept cutpurse reaching brazenly from the shadows. You also see a twisted crystal-tipped staff, a greater construct that is lying down and a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
[Script]>Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at a greater construct!
AS: +648 vs DS: +471 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +89 = +298
... and hits for 91 points of damage!
Slash to head destroys the greater construct's right eye!
Doesn't do its brain any good either.
Cracks begin to snake across the greater construct's skin as its movement completely ceases.
A greater construct's body crumbles until only a pile of rubble marks its remains.
[Script]>Mistros picks up a golden blazestar.
[Script]>Mistros put a golden blazestar in his leather gem pouch.
[Script]>An Ithzir janissary strides in, surveying the surroundings alertly.
Creeping vines and a thick growth of low-lying grass extends across a large space of ground that was probably once a huge open market where the inhabitants of the city could hawk their assorted produce and wares. A series of bulky dark hillocks extend beyond the plaza, skulking like rats in the shadow of the massive city wall. You also see a war griffin that is flying around and a spiral-hafted handaxe.
Creeping vines and a thick growth of low-lying grass extends across a large space of ground that was probably once a huge open market where the inhabitants of the city could hawk their assorted produce and wares. A series of bulky dark hillocks extend beyond the plaza, skulking like rats in the shadow of the massive city wall. You also see a war griffin that is flying around and a spiral-hafted handaxe.
Sabreon and Mistros grab you and drag you east.
[Old Ta'Faendryl, Market Road]
The road moves north and south between broken mounds of dirt and stone that mark out a boundary along the edges of two wide plazas on either side of the road. Unusually straight cracks and an occasional gleam of grey peeping through the dirt indicates the presence of cracked granite blocks buried beneath the soil. You also see an Ithzir janissary, a greater construct and some silver coins.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
The road moves north and south between broken mounds of dirt and stone that mark out a boundary along the edges of two wide plazas on either side of the road. Unusually straight cracks and an occasional gleam of grey peeping through the dirt indicates the presence of cracked granite blocks buried beneath the soil. You also see an Ithzir janissary, a greater construct and some silver coins.
A greater construct reaches over and grasps you by the neck preventing you from being dragged anywhere.
[Script]>Vaktof's group just arrived.
[Script]>Vaktof's group just went south.
[Script]>A greater construct lifts its huge foot up and slams it into the ground shaking everything violently!
Sabreon loses his footing and falls down!
An Ithzir janissary is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
[Script]> * Shierka returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Sabreon stands up.
AS: +648 vs DS: +249 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +13 = +444
... and hits for 146 points of damage!
Blow to eye impacts the brain.
The greater construct twitches violently, then dies.
CS: +523 - TD: +353 + CvA: -2 + d100: +85 == +253
Warding failed!
... 99 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Left leg vaporized from thigh down, leaving nothing but dangling blood vessels and muscle!
[Script]>The air stops shimmering around Sabreon.
[Script]>The air stops shimmering around Mistros.
[Script]>An Ithzir adept walks in, her eyes narrowed in thought.
[Script]>An Ithzir adept walks in, her eyes narrowed in thought.
CS: +523 - TD: +353 + CvA: -2 + d100: +27 == +195
Warding failed!
... 72 points of damage!
... 35 points of damage!
Strong strike turns belly button into more of a belly canyon.
[Script]>look[Old Ta'Faendryl, Market Road]
The road moves north and south between broken mounds of dirt and stone that mark out a boundary along the edges of two wide plazas on either side of the road. Unusually straight cracks and an occasional gleam of grey peeping through the dirt indicates the presence of cracked granite blocks buried beneath the soil. You also see an Ithzir adept, an Ithzir adept, an Ithzir janissary that is lying down and some silver coins.
[Script]>An Ithzir scout fades into view while striking!
An Ithzir scout swings a gleaming steel longsword at Mistros!
By amazing chance, Mistros evades the attack!
[Script]>Sabreon swings a dark vultite executioner's axe at an Ithzir janissary!
AS: +648 vs DS: +241 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +69 = +514
... and hits for 224 points of damage!
Blast to the Ithzir janissary's head destroys right eye!
Brain obliterated!
Disgusting, but painful only for a second.
The Ithzir janissary vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
Mistros gestures at an Ithzir scout.
CS: +523 - TD: +360 + CvA: +9 + d100: +97 == +269
Warding failed!
... and hits for 51 points of damage!
An Ithzir scout is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 40 points of damage!
Right eye catches fire, quickly bringing an Ithzir scout's brain to a boil.
The Ithzir scout sneers, "Urok vas derop tal kalissar kamath," then collapses.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir scout.
An Ithzir scout's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir janissary.
An Ithzir janissary's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]>Mistros's spirits are no longer lifted.
[Script]>Sabreon's spirits are no longer lifted.
Mistros gestures at an Ithzir adept.
CS: +523 - TD: +411 + CvA: +19 + d100: +71 == +202
Warding failed!
... and hits for 27 points of damage!
An Ithzir adept is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 60 points of damage!
Left hand burned off. Only a stump remains.
The Ithzir adept is stunned!
... 50 points of damage!
Frigid blast shatters the Ithzir adept's left leg beyond all recognition!
An Ithzir adept falls to the ground grasping her mangled left leg!
... 45 points of damage!
Surprisingly large electrical arc destroys neck and moves up around head making a flashy halo. Rather classical death occurs.
The Ithzir adept vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The Ithzir adept no longer bristles with energy.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding an Ithzir adept suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves an Ithzir adept.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around an Ithzir adept.
An Ithzir adept becomes solid again.
The shimmering multicolored sphere fades from around an Ithzir adept.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir adept.
An Ithzir adept's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]> * Longfingers returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
The mana around Mistros returns to its natural state.
[Script]>The mana around Sabreon returns to its natural state.
[Script]>An Ithzir adept closes her eyes while incanting an alien phrase.
[Script]>A war griffin soars in.
Mistros gestures at a war griffin.
CS: +523 - TD: +436 + CvA: +25 + d100: +67 == +179
Warding failed!
A war griffin is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 15 points of damage!
Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.
... 10 points of damage!
Brrrr! That was a good hit to the left leg! Knocked the war griffin silly.
... 10 points of damage!
Light shock to back. That stings!
... 20 points of damage!
Blow grazes left leg.
[Script]> * Maerrn returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
* Edelweiss returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Sabreon and Mistros grab you and drag you south.
A massive wall of earth and vegetation casts deep shadows on each side of the road, and continues on like two hulking black snakes, slithering off to the east and west. To the north the ruined walls and towers of a large city appear as dark silhouettes against the night sky.
Obvious paths: north, south
A massive wall of earth and vegetation casts deep shadows on each side of the road, and continues on like two hulking black snakes, slithering off to the east and west. To the north the ruined walls and towers of a large city appear as dark silhouettes against the night sky.
[Old Ta'Faendryl, Southern Road]
The broken surface of the cobbled road winds down to the south, disappearing from view as it bends slightly to the west and is hidden by a heavy growth of underbrush. Two long shadowed lines of tumbled stones, which appear to have once been columns, flank each side of the road. You also see an Ithzir herald, an Ithzir initiate and a gleaming steel broadsword.
The broken surface of the cobbled road winds down to the south, disappearing from view as it bends slightly to the west and is hidden by a heavy growth of underbrush. Two long shadowed lines of tumbled stones, which appear to have once been columns, flank each side of the road. You also see an Ithzir herald, an Ithzir initiate and a gleaming steel broadsword.
A flight of cracked stone steps lead up the final slope of the hill, ending at the base of a large tower. A faint breeze brings the sound of running water up from the river flowing past the base of the hill to the east. Further on a pyramid, as tall as the hill and nearly as wide, lifts a sparkling white marble structure high above the city. You also see an Ithzir adept, an Ithzir janissary, some vegetation and some invading roots.
A flight of cracked stone steps lead up the final slope of the hill, ending at the base of a large tower. A faint breeze brings the sound of running water up from the river flowing past the base of the hill to the east. Further on a pyramid, as tall as the hill and nearly as wide, lifts a sparkling white marble structure high above the city. You also see an Ithzir adept, an Ithzir janissary, some vegetation and some invading roots.
Trees and brush thicken and grow with an increasingly vigorous appearance along the edges of the road to the north. To the south, the road is wider, the sicklier vegetation of the swampy lowlands apparently less able to compete with its cobbled surface. You also see an Ithzir initiate and a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
Obvious paths: north, southwest
Trees and brush thicken and grow with an increasingly vigorous appearance along the edges of the road to the north. To the south, the road is wider, the sicklier vegetation of the swampy lowlands apparently less able to compete with its cobbled surface. You also see an Ithzir initiate and a twisted crystal-tipped staff.
Obvious paths: north, southwest
[Script]>
An Ithzir initiate rifles through your gear! Somebody call a constable!

Sabreon and Mistros grab you and drag you southwest.
The road slopes down to the southwest and rises toward the northeast. To the north a high wall cuts across the darkened horizon. You also see a greater construct, a greater construct and an Ithzir initiate.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest
The road slopes down to the southwest and rises toward the northeast. To the north a high wall cuts across the darkened horizon. You also see a greater construct, a greater construct and an Ithzir initiate.
[Script]> * Filswolf joins the adventure.
An Ithzir initiate raises her arms and gazes upward!
A light blue glow surrounds an Ithzir initiate.
[Script]>A greater construct swings a massive arm at Mistros!
AS: +428 vs DS: +671 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +42 = -159
A clean miss.
An Ithzir initiate is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
[Script]>A greater construct raises its massive foot and attempts to smash Sabreon!
AS: +443 vs DS: +384 with AvD: +33 + d100 roll: +57 = +149
... and hits for 7 points of damage!
Thumped Sabreon's chest.
[Script]>Sabreon faces Mistros, closes his eyes and begins chanting. Suddenly, a small bolt of energy arcs between them!

Sabreon opens his eyes, looking slightly drained.
AS: +621 vs DS: +223 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +74 = +504
... and hits for 164 points of damage!
Blow to eye impacts the brain.
The greater construct twitches violently, then dies.
[Script]>An Ithzir seer walks in, calmly surveying the surroundings.
[Script]>look[Old Ta'Faendryl, Southern Road]
The road slopes down to the southwest and rises toward the northeast. To the north a high wall cuts across the darkened horizon. You also see an Ithzir seer, a greater construct that appears dead, a greater construct and an Ithzir initiate that is lying down.
An Ithzir seer is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
[Script]> * Sylandrian joins the adventure.
[Script]>Mistros gestures at an Ithzir seer.
CS: +523 - TD: +431 + CvA: +19 + d100: +57 == +168
Warding failed!
An Ithzir seer is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 40 points of damage!
Left leg burned off at the knee. Ouch.
... 20 points of damage!
Darn! Frozen ribs take longer to cook, and broken ones to boot!
... 70 points of damage!
Massive shock totally burns out the nervous system. Nothing works anymore.
The Ithzir seer vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir seer.
The Ithzir seer no longer bristles with energy.
The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
An Ithzir seer seems to lose an aura of confidence.
The light blue glow leaves an Ithzir seer.
The powerful look leaves an Ithzir seer.
The wall of force disappears from around an Ithzir seer.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir seer.
An Ithzir seer's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
AS: +621 vs DS: +249 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +83 = +487
... and hits for 144 points of damage!
Hard slash to the greater construct's side!
Left arm no longer available for use.
The shimmering gold aura surrounding the greater construct flickers momentarily.

** Sabreon's executioner's axe pulses with a burst of plasma energy! **

... 15 points of damage!
Plasma scorches a hole in the greater construct's weapon arm!
[Script]>l misYou see Mistros Dragorth the Warlock.
He appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
He appears to be young and tall. He has disquieting, darkly-sheened deep jade green eyes and pale skin. He has short, glossy dark brown hair. He has a narrow face, a thin nose and sharply-curved pointed ears.
He has a black inked regal griffin tattoo in flight with the words "House Dreadnaught" encircling it on his arm.
He has minor cuts and bruises on his back.
He has old battle scars on his right leg, an old battle scar across his chest, an old battle scar across his abdominal area, an old battle scar across his back, and old battle scars on his left arm.
He is holding a red-tinted villswood runestaff in his right hand.
He is wearing a padded black leather gem pouch, a wide-brimmed black felt hat, a silver wolf locket, an ivory silk shirt, some deathstone ridged combat gloves, a gilded eahnor campaign pin, a platinum insignia, a black regal griffin insignia, a crimson-stained leather runestaff harness, a black-tinted alchemist satchel with ancient Dhe'nar runes running down the side, a large scuffed leather bag accentuated with a pair of soaring fiery-mawed dragons, a rune-incised onyx Dhe'nar wristband, a platinum wedding band, a sinuous mithril wyvern belt, some dark flowing silk pants, a pair of cinnamon kidskin boots fringed with bone, a black leather longcloak skillfully etched with red Dhe'nar runes down the side, a crystal amulet, and some smokey grey leathers with a silver eight pointed star stitched on the shoulders.
[Script]>A hazy silhouette takes on the form of an Ithzir scout!
[Script]>Mistros gestures at an Ithzir initiate.
CS: +523 - TD: +395 + CvA: +19 + d100: +18 == +165
Warding failed!
... and hits for 21 points of damage!
An Ithzir initiate is suddenly engulfed in flames of pure essence!
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right arm toasts skin to elbows.
The Ithzir initiate is stunned!
... 35 points of damage!
The Ithzir initiate reels from a direct hit to the stomach. No food for a while!
... 50 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces the Ithzir initiate to a smoldering pile of ash!
The Ithzir initiate vainly struggles to rise, then goes still.
The very powerful look leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The white light leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir initiate.
The brilliant aura fades away from an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate seems slightly different.
The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir initiate.
The powerful look leaves an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate appears less confident.
The light blue glow leaves an Ithzir initiate.
[Script]>Mistros searches an Ithzir initiate.
An Ithzir initiate's body shimmers slightly, then fades from view like a dissipating phantom.
[Script]> * Jaldaren returns home from a hard day of adventuring.
Mistros traces a simple rune while intoning a short, mystical phrase...
An Ithzir scout is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
A greater construct is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves.
AS: +621 vs DS: +235 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +43 = +461
... and hits for 131 points of damage!
Quick, powerful slash to the greater construct's right knee!
The shimmering gold aura surrounding the greater construct fades and goes out.
CS: +523 - TD: +398 + CvA: +25 + d100: +48 == +198
Warding failed!
... and hits for 20 points of damage!
... 45 points of damage!
Flame consumes a greater construct's right arm all the way to the shoulder.
... 25 points of damage!
Solid blast of ice square to the chest rocks the greater construct back on its heels!
... 15 points of damage!
Heavy shock to chest illuminates ribcage. Cool!
... 70 points of damage!
Blow to abdomen breaks the greater construct almost in two!