PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could get away with stuff like this!

Fayt
04-18-2005, 03:27 PM
i was in EN today for the first time. While hiding on the dais i saw this encounter and thought it was rather amusing. I wish i could get away with stuff like this! it made me fear the guy though, hah. I wasn't aware that a slap gives warrant to death... maybe its how he plays his character, but geesh.

Jaluros gives Jenovadeath a slap across the face with the back of his hand!
>
Celeerial grins at Mythala.
>
Mythala coyly asks, "Cel can i get my hand healed?"
>
Jaluros smirks.
>
Eiderfleur makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Eiderfleur gestures.
Eiderfleur stands taller, as if bolstered with a sense of confidence.
>
Celeerial nods.
>
Jaluros sits down.
>
Illumiada whistles at Celeerial!
>
Celeerial says, "Sure."
>
Eiderfleur gawks at Jaluros.
>
Illumiada removes a sickle-hilt misty grey falchion from in her embroidered pack.
>
Eiderfleur snickers.
>
Illumiada removes a blackened vultite kite shield from in her embroidered pack.
>
Celeerial meditates over Mythala.
Celeerial takes Mythala's right hand damage.
>
Eiderfleur makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
Eiderfleur gestures.
Her body is surrounded by a dim dancing aura.
>
Eiderfleur gives Illumiada a warm buss on the lips.
>
Jenovadeath traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
>
Celeerial meditates over Mythala.
Nothing happens.
>
Illumiada stands up.
>
Eiderfleur gently bites Illumiada.
>
Illumiada skips around in a happy little circle.
>
Illumiada just skipped merrily out.
>
Jenovadeath exclaims, "May you find peace in your just imprisonment. Oblivion is yours forever. Disease!"
>
Jenovadeath gestures at Jaluros.
Nothing happens.
>
Jenovadeath traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
>
Jenovadeath gestures at Jaluros.
CS: +495 - TD: +101 + CvA: +15 + d100: +5 - +20 == +394
Warding failed!
Jaluros suddenly looks extremely ill!
>
Eiderfleur laughs!
>
Celeerial murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>
Celeerial gestures.
Celeerial's back looks better.
>
Jaluros softly says, "Good bye."
>
Boomsplat scratches under his black hooded cloak, trying to reach that pesky itch on his back.
>
Celeerial murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>
Celeerial gestures.
Celeerial's right hand looks better.
>
Boomsplat trembles.
>
Jaluros waves a hand at Jenovadeath, dismissing him indifferently.
>
Jaluros appears to be sweating profusely!
>

* Jaluros drops dead at your feet!

The brilliant luminescence fades from around Jaluros.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Jaluros suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
Jaluros becomes solid again.
The bright luminescence fades from around Jaluros.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Jaluros.
Jaluros appears somehow different.
Jaluros no longer bristles with energy.
Jaluros seems a bit less imposing.
>
Boomsplat begins chuckling at Jaluros!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-18-2005, 04:25 PM
That's his rollplay

"..."

Atlanteax
04-18-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that Jenovadeath got arrested for killing Jaluros.

Or is there something I'm missing... as I could not determine what your point was.

Alfster
04-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Disease and bloodburst don't get the caster arrested unless the victim reports them to the local authorities.

At least that's how it used to be, not sure if it's still true.

CrystalTears
04-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Although I will agree that a slap warrents SOME kind of reaction, but death is a bit extreme. I find it funny that because they can, they kill people without giving much thought. A beating would have sufficed, IMHO. Or maybe the player likes to kill people who touch him. :shrug:

HarmNone
04-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Alfster
Disease and bloodburst don't get the caster arrested unless the victim reports them to the local authorities.

At least that's how it used to be, not sure if it's still true.

Heh. If it is still true, that kinda gives a prop or two to the victim, eh? :D

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Atlanteax
I'm pretty sure that Jenovadeath got arrested for killing Jaluros.

Or is there something I'm missing... as I could not determine what your point was.

As someone else pointed out, you don't get arrested for casting Disease on someone. That bastard had it coming -- but the incident leading up to his death wasn't displayed (except that slap, of course -- but there was more).

I think her (his?) point was that you shouldn't be able to kill someone for just being slapped by them. This wasn't the case, however. It seems this person only got the end of our little skirmish.

>>Heh. If it is still true, that kinda gives a prop or two to the victim, eh? -- HarmNone<<

Can you clarify what this statement means, precisely?

Tabor.

[Edited on 4-18-2005 by Tabor]

SayGoodbye
04-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I found it pretty damn amusing too. :grin:

Why'd the guy slap him anyhow?

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SayGoodbye

Heh, Plo was being a maniac and cold-cocking me from invisible, so I was dispelling invisibility. I accidentally dispelled Jaluros, and he stared at me. I said to him, "Learn to dodge, fool."

Apparently, he didn't like that!

Tabor.

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Eh, what a waste of typing space.

[Edited on 4-18-2005 by Soulpieced]

Dwarven Empath
04-18-2005, 05:16 PM
:ohshit:

SayGoodbye
04-18-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Tabor

Originally posted by SayGoodbye

Heh, Plo was being a maniac and cold-cocking me from invisible, so I was dispelling invisibility. I accidentally dispelled Jaluros, and he stared at me. I said to him, "Learn to dodge, fool."

Apparently, he didn't like that!

Tabor.

Haha, very nice. I liked your little speech right before you diseased him.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Eh, what a waste of typing space.

Who's this directed at? What's it directed about?

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 05:45 PM
It was in reference to the designation of Fayt's IP address vs. the location specified in his profile. Bares a similar resemblance to yours as well.

Xcalibur
04-18-2005, 05:45 PM
Death in gemstone IV, now, has NO MEANING whatsoever.

Pure casters can even underhunt while waiting the death's sting to wear off...

That's a load of crap

Shalla
04-18-2005, 05:48 PM
Casting it a second time when it didn't work the 1st time kinda ruins it. Disease! :blinks: :cricket: Disease I say! :drops dead:

Mini-Spir
04-18-2005, 05:51 PM
OMG BAN JENOVADEATH

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 05:55 PM
It was in reference to the designation of Fayt's IP address vs. the location specified in his profile. Bares a similar resemblance to yours as well.

That's not the first time I've been accused of having more than one account. I'm sure Kranar, or anyone else for that matter can verify that this is my only one.

Good luck with that leg ordeal, cap'n.

Tabor.

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 05:58 PM
I guess lots of people from play from the same university then. Plus you have openly said you post from the library. The IPs for colleges are so convenient to track.

Doyle Hargraves
04-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Jenovadeath exclaims, "May you find peace in your just imprisonment. Oblivion is yours forever. Disease!"

Nerd.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 05:59 PM
I guess lots of people from play from the same university then. Plus you have openly said you post from the library. The IPs for colleges are so convenient to track.

I'm in the library currently. Why don't you check that IP address again? :)

Tabor.

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 06:01 PM
I did, Fayt's matches the IPs you posted as Tabor from this morning.. FYI.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 06:02 PM
I did, Fayt's matches the IPs you posted as Tabor from this morning.. FYI.

I find this hard to believe. Viewing his/her profile brings up a screename I've never laid witness to before, nor do I know anyone that lives in NJ.

Secondly, why would I post a log from a new account, when I've posted many logs from other people's perspective before?

How old are you again, curiously?

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm not the one posting, so feel free to answer your own question. And 23 to answer your second one.

FYI:

This user had an ip of XYZ.YXX.YYS.XXY – alteredtoprotectidentiy.xxx.yyy.edu
Post by Fayt on 4-18-2005 at 3:27 PM

This user had an ip of XYZ.YXX.YYS.XXY - alteredtoprotectidentiy.xxx.yyy.edu Post by Tabor on 4-18-2005 at 12:56 AM

The letters were changed to numbers, so yes they match exactly. Both are also magically from the same university (hidden). Conclusion, you posted as Fayt.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm not the one posting, so feel free to answer your own question. And 23 to answer your second one.

How does one even check an IP address on here? I'd like to scope this out myself, rather than take the word of some gimped up 23 year old who plays softball for his work. I don't recall ever seeing a picture of you -- is there a reason for this?

Tabor.

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 06:10 PM
One must be a moderator of the boards in order to see the IP address of posters? I pulled all of my pictures as a precautionary measure. As well, that has nothing to do with anything, and my athletic abilities have never been called into question.. nor my integrity.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 06:11 PM

FYI:

Post by Fayt on 4-18-2005 at 3:27 PM

This user had an ip of XYZ.YXX.YYS.XXY - alteredtoprotectidentiy.xxx.yyy.edu Post by Tabor on 4-18-2005 at 12:56 AM

The letters were changed to numbers, so yes they match exactly. Both are also magically from the same university (hidden). Conclusion, you posted as Fayt.

What the mickey mouse bull squash is that rubbish? That's the worst 'proof' of something I've ever seen!

There's no logical explanation as to why I would create another account and post the log from that as opposed to mine.

The fact that you're checking IP's is rather frightening, though. I ponder at your reasoning for doing this.

Tabor.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
One must be a moderator of the boards in order to see the IP address of posters? I pulled all of my pictures as a precautionary measure. As well, that has nothing to do with anything, and my athletic abilities have never been called into question.. nor my integrity.

Hmph, that explains that.

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Looks like someone needs to take a course in telecommunications in order to understand the purpose of IP addresses.

Shalla
04-18-2005, 06:13 PM
With all Jenova's training and power, he was still approached by that guy and slapped. Methinks you should set your demeanor to cold or reserved at all times, to keep that high and mighty persona and avoid being slapped. and fill your befriends list with the people you bounce and giggle with friendly demeanor.

You should watch that cartoon show pinky and the brain. The brainiac mice have the best quotes when it comes to being a villain.

AnticorRifling
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
I've seen pictures of SP, he was clothed. Striped polo shirt if I recall. Not sure what that has to do with anything, just throwing it out there.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Someone sure is defensive.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla
With all Jenova's training and power, he was still approached by that guy and slapped. Methinks you should set your demeanor to cold or reserved at all times, to keep that high and mighty persona and avoid being slapped. and fill your befriends list with the people you bounce and giggle with friendly demeanor.

You should watch that cartoon show pinky and the brain. The brainiac mice have the best quotes when it comes to being a villain.

Heh! I thought I DID have my demeanor set as cold. The first time he slapped me, it said something like, "a warning slap on the shoulder". Then the next time -- WHAM, right across the face.

Pinky and the brain, eh? I can't say I've ever seen (or heard of?) that show. I'll have to do some searches to see if you're right about the quotes. ;)

My spell quotes are my trademark!

Thanks for the advice. ;)

Tabor.

Snapp
04-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Pinky and the Brain rocked. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure SP has posted a few pics here. Not that it matters?

AnticorRifling
04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Since my last name has Pink in it I've been called Pinky forever. And yeah it's a great show but the brain's quotes don't hold a candle to Stewie from Family Guy.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
Pinky and the Brain rocked. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure SP has posted a few pics here. Not that it matters?

I was just curious as to what this fellow looks like. It doesn't matter in the least, you're right.

However, his ignorant comments have managed to arouse my curiosity, sparking an interest in what he may appear to look like realetically speaking.

AnticorRifling
04-18-2005, 06:26 PM
He looks like me only taller, not as good looking, with different color eyes, chest and shoulders aren't as big, hair is different, and he doesn't have chin hair. Other than that we are spot on twins.

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 06:29 PM

You know for a STAFF MEMBER you sure have de-railed the thread.

Finis

Zentoph
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
This reeked of Tabor from the first post, no one else noticed that?

I remember thinking "I wonder how long its gonna take for someone to point that out" when I first read it earlier.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Zentoph
This reeked of Tabor from the first post, no one else noticed that?

I remember thinking "I wonder how long its gonna take for someone to point that out" when I first read it earlier.

Interesting use of wordage there. Tell me, how does one use their olfactory sense of smell via the internet?

There's only one possible induction from this -- you're Soulpieced.

Tabor.

Snapp
04-18-2005, 07:35 PM

Don't insult Zentoph! He's a nice guy.

Edaarin
04-18-2005, 07:35 PM
SP is like my height and weight (around 6'1 and 180), but more compact. Sort of looks like Stifler from American Pie.

EDIT: Ehh.

JJSkywlker: Edit your post to 6'2 185
JJSkywlker: I'm that beast :-D

[Edited on 4-18-2005 by Edaarin]

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 07:38 PM

Tabor.

I just wanted to further elucidate my claim with the following statistical data I managed to acquire from an un-named staff member:

Post by Soulpieced on 4-18-2005 at 6:21 PM

This user had an ip of XYZ.YXX.YYS.XXY - alteredtoprotectidentiy.xxx.yyy.edu Post by Zentoph on 4-18-2005 at 4:34 AM

Verily, and incontrovertibly, this thus shows that they are one in the same.

Tabor.

Soulpieced
04-18-2005, 07:39 PM
If you would prefer, I will gladly post the actual IP address so anyone here will know what college you (and Fayt) go to. And the fact that you post regularly from both a residence, and the school library. It was a courtesy that I masked your IP with letters and did not include the university name, I did it to prove a point.

Seany Analog
04-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Did you learn all those big words in pre-med?

Dick.

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 07:44 PM
If you would prefer, I will gladly post the actual IP address so anyone here will know what college you (and Fayt) go to. And the fact that you post regularly from both a residence, and the school library. It was a courtesy that I masked your IP with letters and did not include the university name, I did it to prove a point.

I'm confused. Are you subtly trying to insinuate that my data is, indeed, nonfactual?

I'm pretty positive if you posted my IP address your 'staff member' position will be revoked.

Tabor.

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 07:44 PM

Tabor.

I just wanted to further elucidate my claim with the following statistical data I managed to acquire from an un-named staff member:

Post by Soulpieced on 4-18-2005 at 6:21 PM

This user had an ip of XYZ.YXX.YYS.XXY - alteredtoprotectidentiy.xxx.yyy.edu Post by Zentoph on 4-18-2005 at 4:34 AM

Verily, and incontrovertibly, this thus shows that they are one in the same.

Tabor.

Post by HarryPotter on 4-18-2005 at 6:21 PM

Post by Snape on 4-18-2005 at 6:22 PM

Post by RonaldWeasley on 4-18-2005 at 6:23 PM

Post by JohnPope on 4-18-2005 at 6:24 PM

Post by YourMom on 4-18-2005 at 6:25 PM

Yeah, you proved alot.

Finis

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Seany Analog
Did you learn all those big words in pre-med?

Dick.

What the?! Get the fuck out of my thread, pestilent ingrate. No one cares of your opinion on any matter. Period.

Go back to acting, writing fake letters from your nonexistant girlfriend, wrestling in the championship of your highschool, staring in movies, getting famous in commercials, and buying Gemstone characters.

Tabor.

[Edited on 4-18-2005 by Tabor]

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM

I'm confused. Are you subtly trying to insinuate that my data is, indeed, nonfactual?

I'm pretty positive if you posted my IP address your 'staff member' position will be revoked.

Tabor.

I wasn't being subtle at all in my previous post, I was flat out saying you are an ignoramous, and I am saying none of this has jack shit to do with the topic.

Finis

Liberi Fatali
04-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by FinisWolf

I wasn't being subtle at all in my previous post, I was flat out saying you are an ignoramous, and I am saying none of this has jack shit to do with the topic.

Finis

Hoity-toity. No offense, my unsophisticated friend, but you're either legally blind, or mentally retarded. Do you not see the quotes around the name Soulpieced? What in the world made you decide that I was referring to your post, when all data indicates that it was in reference to Soulpieced?

...And to further complicate matters, your other post with all those fake names -- holy shit, I won't even explain why I posted that. It obviously soared right over your head.

Tabor.

Seany Analog
04-18-2005, 07:54 PM
You're stupid.

Dick.

HarmNone
04-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Take the battle off the boards and get back on topic.

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Take the battle off the boards and get back on topic.

Which was the point of my post, to bad you are not smart enough to figure that out, and all the fake names was to show I can do exactly what you did, along with everyone else.

And, DO NOT U2U me with BS like this ...

Subject:
To: FinisWolf
Sent: 4-18-2005 at 16:52

Please learn to read correctly.

All my love,

Tabor.
Reply - Forward

... I neither want nro need such BS... keep it on the boards, and keep the boards on topic. I am seriously so sick of all these different people knocking threads off topic...

Finis

HarmNone
04-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Private battles between individuals are derailing to threads. That's why we tell you to take them off the boards.

If you don't want to receive U2Us from someone, take advantage of the Ignore function built into the U2U system. The link is at the top of your U2U page, to the far right.

Seany Analog
04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah.

Dick.

HarmNone
04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
This thread can, and will, be closed if the war doesn't end here. Enough is enough.

[Edited on 4-19-2005 by HarmNone]

Brattt8525
04-18-2005, 08:16 PM
How the hell do you check an IP address? I think I need to hire one of you to teach me this kind of stuff.

edited to say yes I remember seeing a pic of SP and he is Anticor twin in a non twin kind of way. I didn't know he played baseball though.

[Edited on 4-19-2005 by Brattt8525]

FinisWolf
04-18-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Private battles between individuals are derailing to threads. That's why we tell you to take them off the boards.

If you don't want to receive U2Us from someone, take advantage of the Ignore function built into the U2U system. The link is at the top of your U2U page, to the far right.

I LUV YOU!

Thanks..., its the first BS U2U I have ever recieved, so...

Finis

Iriscience
04-18-2005, 10:21 PM
The best part was when I raised Jaluros afterwards.