PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new rogue

Julin
04-17-2005, 01:00 PM
All right. I'm sure you get these posts all the time, but I'm having a hard time finding a decent guide on the Internet that's not outdated. I played Gemstone some time ago, and now I'm coming back to create a rogue.

I'm interested in making an ambushing/theiving rogue, but I need help with the initial stat placements. Can anyone tell me where I should place them? You're help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

StrayRogue
04-17-2005, 01:31 PM
High Agility and Dex.
Strength and Con is also pretty decent. I also like to keep Discipline and Logic high as well for purely learning reasons. Intuition keys sort of into Dodging, so don't put it too low.

Alfster
04-17-2005, 02:17 PM
I'd advise putting wisdom high so your TD doesn't blow

Gan
04-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Check out the Rogue folder here on these boards... lots of good insight and opinions on how to place stats and train rogues, depending on what type of rogue you're wishing to be.

Also check out this link regarding the creation of stats for your character.

http://home.mchsi.com/~cphillips73/StatCruncher/StatCruncher.html

Julin
04-17-2005, 08:41 PM
All right, I've decided to go for a locksmith rogue, but one that won't suck in battle. In other words, I can sit in town and pick boxes, but when I get sick of it, I can head out of town and kill kill kill. What should the initial stats on that be?

Edaarin
04-17-2005, 08:47 PM
As far as training goes, I would go for something like this as a baseline.

2x OHE
1x shield
1x armor
1x CM
2x dodge
2x pick
2x disarm
2x perception
2x hide
2x ambush
1x PF

I think that comes out to like 40/28 or something. From there, you can add in whatever you feel appropriate for your rogue. I feel like you can get away with 2x'ing in lockpicking at least for awhile because by the time you get to the point where you need more than 2x/lores, it should be time for a reallocation anyway.

Most stat placements yield what, like 50/40 training points? That leaves a decent amount to play with, so you can pour points into more combat skills or something. Initial stat placement varies by race, but if I remember right my stats were something like

CON - 70
STR - 80
DIS - 70
DEX - 80
AGL - 80
LOG - 70
INT - 60
AUR - 80
WIS - 50
INF - 20

[Edited on 4-18-2005 by Edaarin]

Alfster